Author Topic: What Car Do You Own/Drive?  (Read 478454 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: What Car Do You Own/Drive?
« Reply #6280 on: March 14, 2024, 09:08:11 am »
See the Dacia Spring EV is coming in at 15,000, long way from the nicest of cars but that's good for competition

https://www.dacia.co.uk/hybrid-and-electric-range/spring-city-car.html

Fuck that's ugly

:puke
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #6281 on: March 14, 2024, 09:21:17 am »
Fuck that's ugly

:puke

No argument there :D but prices getting lower

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6282 on: March 14, 2024, 09:25:41 am »
No argument there :D but prices getting lower

I'd rather get the bus than drive that ;D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6283 on: March 14, 2024, 09:31:11 am »
I'd rather get the bus than drive that ;D

It's so weird that cheap cars apparently have to be ugly, they do it 99% of the time!

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6284 on: March 14, 2024, 09:40:49 am »
It's so weird that cheap cars apparently have to be ugly, they do it 99% of the time!

Yeah, its not hard to design an attractive car.

I'd say most modern and certainly all SUV's are ugly. There was a Urus in the car park on Sunday, sounded fantastic, but fuck me its a pig. Even stuff like the Kuga or Puma leave me cold.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6285 on: March 14, 2024, 10:48:05 am »
You really hate SUV's don't you :D

Driving position for me is far better than standard car. Hate driving the Mrs car after driving mine. The Urus is a great looking car.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #6286 on: March 14, 2024, 11:16:08 am »

If they made the cheap ones good performance and good looks, what is the incentive to buy the "high level" car? Aesthetics deffo plays a part.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6287 on: March 14, 2024, 12:04:39 pm »
You really hate SUV's don't you :D

Driving position for me is far better than standard car. Hate driving the Mrs car after driving mine. The Urus is a great looking car.

Despise the things mate - far to big for UK roads, don't fit in car parking spaces, block your view when pulling out of junctions, hide cyclists and a nightmare to cross roads as you cannot see over them - just big bulky pieces of shit. They are the modern Chelsea Tractor

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6288 on: March 14, 2024, 03:44:10 pm »
If they made the cheap ones good performance and good looks, what is the incentive to buy the "high level" car? Aesthetics deffo plays a part.

Oh but they'd still be  cheap as fuck inside :D so the difference there, I guess performance and range as well....although nowadays EVs are fast even the bad ones!

Just make them nice but they go so far the other way

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6289 on: March 14, 2024, 04:05:59 pm »
Despise the things mate - far to big for UK roads, don't fit in car parking spaces, block your view when pulling out of junctions, hide cyclists and a nightmare to cross roads as you cannot see over them - just big bulky pieces of shit. They are the modern Chelsea Tractor

Mine is no wider or longer than a standard car and at most sits a few inches higher. I don’t have any of the issues you’re referencing.

Just looked at some dimensions online and mine is 10cm taller than a VW Golf, Ford Focus etc.

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6290 on: March 14, 2024, 05:51:51 pm »

Kia's designs the last few years have been looking really sharp

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6291 on: March 14, 2024, 06:41:19 pm »
Mine is no wider or longer than a standard car and at most sits a few inches higher. I don’t have any of the issues you’re referencing.

Just looked at some dimensions online and mine is 10cm taller than a VW Golf, Ford Focus etc.

Is yours a Cupra?

By me its all the big bulky ones, Hyundais, BMW X6, Audi Q7 and Q8's, Jag F- Paces, I-Paces, the big Kias, they're all huge.

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6292 on: March 14, 2024, 06:52:49 pm »
Yeah it’s the Cupra, it’s definitely at the smaller end of the SUV spectrum

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6293 on: March 14, 2024, 08:04:58 pm »
Yeah it’s the Cupra, it’s definitely at the smaller end of the SUV spectrum

Just dropped the lad at cadets then nipped to Aldi, there were some big buggers in there, Skoda, Peugeot and some other tank. There was an Audi RS Q3, that looked out of proportion, the rear seats area looked dead small.

Mine has just hit 99999 miles, will pass 100,000 later, not bad for a 15 year old car - there's another 150,000 in that engine at least. The youngest keeps saying I should take my tax free portion of my pension and get an R8 or a Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder. If I didn't have the kids I'd be bloody tempted ;D

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6294 on: March 14, 2024, 10:04:10 pm »
Kia's designs the last few years have been looking really sharp

The redesigned Kona is nice too but they added 200 a month to the lease cost for it :/

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6295 on: March 14, 2024, 11:09:25 pm »
Just dropped the lad at cadets then nipped to Aldi, there were some big buggers in there, Skoda, Peugeot and some other tank. There was an Audi RS Q3, that looked out of proportion, the rear seats area looked dead small.
The discerning, opulent Mancs all shop at Aldi then ay mate.
Tell them we're more of an M&S type of bread :)

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6296 on: March 14, 2024, 11:35:42 pm »
The redesigned Kona is nice too but they added 200 a month to the lease cost for it :/

Lease prices are being driven up by interest rates at the minute. I’m 2 years into a 3 year lease and pay £388 per month for my car. If I was to lease the same car today on the same terms from the same broker it would be £560 per month.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6297 on: March 15, 2024, 08:42:24 am »
Lease prices are being driven up by interest rates at the minute. I’m 2 years into a 3 year lease and pay £388 per month for my car. If I was to lease the same car today on the same terms from the same broker it would be £560 per month.

Insane isn't it! I was adamant that i'd never go back to PCP or buying second hand but next time, not so sure now

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6298 on: March 15, 2024, 09:25:26 am »

Is it the cost of EV's too that's doing this too? I mean, to lease a Mercedes for example was always around the £500 mark I seem to remember, now you've cars like the Mokka E, which a mate has on Motability, coming in at £44k, this is the same as say a C Class

Offline Paullfc95

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6299 on: March 18, 2024, 09:39:09 pm »
After a focus sized car, budget of probably £15kish - need it low mileage really as going to be putting quite a bit on it over the next 3-4 years. Ideally needs to be good on fuel too.

Any suggestions?

Got a focus now and my last car was a focus too so fancy a change.

Offline halfpoundcheesy

• [insert witty comment]
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #6300 on: March 20, 2024, 10:32:08 am »
After a focus sized car, budget of probably £15kish - need it low mileage really as going to be putting quite a bit on it over the next 3-4 years. Ideally needs to be good on fuel too.

Any suggestions?

Tons of choice, but most obvious would be a Golf probably - although you'll pay a bit more for the VW badge. Similar sort of statement for an A3, but both are decent cars with a range of engine options. You'd get something newer if you went for a Skoda or a Kia (Ceed is most Focus-y), with slightly less badge "prestige".

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #6301 on: March 20, 2024, 11:28:05 am »

Any suggestions?

Seat Leon for a better bang for buck version of a Golf. Mazda 3, if you like the Ford platform but want the reliable Mazda engine. Toyota Corolla, for the best fuel economy (probably)

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #6302 on: March 20, 2024, 12:48:36 pm »
Currently driving my dad’s Toyota Yaris while waiting for my new car. God I am struggling to go back to a manual gearbox

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6303 on: March 20, 2024, 12:54:45 pm »
Currently driving my dad’s Toyota Yaris while waiting for my new car. God I am struggling to go back to a manual gearbox

I'm finally able to deal with driving my wife's Astra, for ages I couldn't drive a manual again. Luckily it's no more than ten miles when i use her car, couldn't sit in traffic in a manual again. I'll be getting another auto when I get rid of my car.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6304 on: March 20, 2024, 12:57:36 pm »

Any suggestions?

As TTTH says, look at the Seat Leon. Bro in law and his missus on their 4th now, really nice cars, they've got a 72 plate now, one of the turbocharged petrol engined ones

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #6305 on: March 20, 2024, 01:19:20 pm »
I'm finally able to deal with driving my wife's Astra, for ages I couldn't drive a manual again. Luckily it's no more than ten miles when i use her car, couldn't sit in traffic in a manual again. I'll be getting another auto when I get rid of my car.

Snap. I can drive it still, but things like traffic lights and built up areas sometimes make me forget to put in the right gear or neutral

My wife just got a new electric Nissan which is much nicer to drive

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #6306 on: March 20, 2024, 03:21:58 pm »
I've had two company cars on the trot which were manual, but since Monday I've been back in an auto ('24 plate VW Taigo) and loving it so much more.

My own personal car is an automatic Mini so I've had to switch between the two since August but can now devote my left foot entirely to the rhythm section of whatever music's playing.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Paullfc95

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6307 on: April 2, 2024, 07:17:38 pm »
 Advice needed here please. I’ve ended up going with a focus ( see above messages) as I’ve found one on just 3k miles. Part exchanging my current one.

Went to see it at the weekend, it was in Leeds so a good hour and a bit and test drove it and he had a look around my current one and valued it at £7600. £500ish more than I was expecting.

I’ve received the paperwork today and the reg of the part ex is one letter wrong ( it’s still a ford reg but eco sport not focus)

So do I now,
A) tell them their mistake and they potentially revalue it
B) say nothing, go and get the new car at the weekend and either hope they don’t notice or feel like they’ve fucked me round so will honour the valuation they’ve given me.

I’m also paying the difference tomorrow/Thursday before I even get to the showroom at the weekend if that makes any difference.

« Last Edit: April 2, 2024, 07:22:41 pm by Paullfc95 »

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6308 on: April 2, 2024, 07:55:15 pm »
Advice needed here please. I’ve ended up going with a focus ( see above messages) as I’ve found one on just 3k miles. Part exchanging my current one.

Went to see it at the weekend, it was in Leeds so a good hour and a bit and test drove it and he had a look around my current one and valued it at £7600. £500ish more than I was expecting.

I’ve received the paperwork today and the reg of the part ex is one letter wrong ( it’s still a ford reg but eco sport not focus)

So do I now,
A) tell them their mistake and they potentially revalue it
B) say nothing, go and get the new car at the weekend and either hope they don’t notice or feel like they’ve fucked me round so will honour the valuation they’ve given me.

I’m also paying the difference tomorrow/Thursday before I even get to the showroom at the weekend if that makes any difference.

I'd go with option B as its their fault. I reckon if they do notice, they'll honour it anyway as you are in front of them - they'll have more than £500 profit in the car you are buying anyway, so they can afford to take the hit.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6309 on: April 2, 2024, 10:31:47 pm »

Any suggestions?

You can get a nice hybrid self charging Toyota Corolla for under £15k. When they went back to the Corolla name from the Auris in 2019 they revamped the design and it looks pretty smart now and not like a car designed for pensioners. Apparently does 60mpg real world. The catalytic converters on the newer cars are much harder to steal and have less precious metals in them so are also not as appealing to thieves. Have the Corolla on my short list along with the Golf MK 7.5 for when I change my car at the end of the year.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6310 on: April 2, 2024, 11:35:09 pm »
The badge swapping Toyota and Suzuki are doing caught me out the other day. A real double take moment cos I knew the shape of the car was a Corolla but it had the big Suzuki “S” on it. Turns out it is a Suzuki Swace, a rebadged cheaper Corolla Tourer.

Offline Paullfc95

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6311 on: April 3, 2024, 10:25:03 am »
I'd go with option B as its their fault. I reckon if they do notice, they'll honour it anyway as you are in front of them - they'll have more than £500 profit in the car you are buying anyway, so they can afford to take the hit.
signed all the docs and sent the money - hopefully they just don't realise.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6312 on: April 3, 2024, 10:29:17 am »
signed all the docs and sent the money - hopefully they just don't realise.

I doubt they will and even if they do stand your ground, they wònt want to lose a sale and commission

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #6313 on: April 3, 2024, 11:01:04 am »
My uncle had Aston Martin try and knock 30 grand off their offer for his trade-in after the handshake. He stood his ground.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #6314 on: April 3, 2024, 11:21:30 am »
The badge swapping Toyota and Suzuki are doing caught me out the other day. A real double take moment cos I knew the shape of the car was a Corolla but it had the big Suzuki “S” on it. Turns out it is a Suzuki Swace, a rebadged cheaper Corolla Tourer.

If they didn't have the badges, could you tell which of these is a Toyota and which is a 'Mazda' ?

"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #6315 on: April 3, 2024, 05:15:02 pm »
Snap. I can drive it still, but things like traffic lights and built up areas sometimes make me forget to put in the right gear or neutral

My wife just got a new electric Nissan which is much nicer to drive

Finally got a date for delivery of my BMW IX1, so only a few more weeks of crunching gears and using my left leg like a sucker

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6316 on: April 3, 2024, 05:41:15 pm »
If they didn't have the badges, could you tell which of these is a Toyota and which is a 'Mazda' ?

Nope. I'd say they were both a Yaris. I take it Toyota has taken the role Ford used to have then

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #6317 on: April 3, 2024, 05:56:50 pm »

I bought my Yaris because it was a manual!

One of the last driver-focused, ICE cars that will be made most probably (that I can afford new).

It is a special Yaris though. 30 months of ownership, and it still makes me smile every time I drive it.

"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6318 on: April 4, 2024, 04:39:23 pm »

This is US market thing though, isn’t it? Toyota stopped sales of Yaris, Corolla etc in the US. Think Mazda are trying to boost sales there with this sort of rebadging.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #6319 on: April 5, 2024, 02:47:56 am »
My old jag s-type finally bit the dust (2001).

I replaced it with a pretty new Impreza.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.