Author Topic: Space exploration thread - Unexpected Rapid Disassembly in the launch area.  (Read 313851 times)

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
Re: Space exploration thread
« Reply #1640 on: February 16, 2016, 04:00:13 am »
Nice little Sky at Night on the Planet 9 idea, talking through the idea and showing the modelling.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b07176xp/the-sky-at-night-planet-9-from-outer-space
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #1641 on: February 20, 2016, 03:34:19 am »

NASA created retro travel posters.    8)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1642 on: February 22, 2016, 08:05:00 pm »
I'm surprised NASA hasn't plonked a weather balloon style probe on Jupiter yet.  Imagine the images it could send us!
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1643 on: February 24, 2016, 05:44:56 pm »
Meteor exploded over the South Atlantic ocean with the force of 13 kilotons on February 6th.  Nobody noticed.  ;D

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/1974070-a-large-exploded-over-the-atlantic-but-no-one-paid-attention/?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=Postcron.com

Popcorn's Art

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #1644 on: February 25, 2016, 03:18:58 pm »
I'm surprised NASA hasn't plonked a weather balloon style probe on Jupiter yet.  Imagine the images it could send us!

Didn't they deploy a probe a few years ago from the Galileo craft that got down into the atmosphere a bit but evaporated only a short bit down?

« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 03:21:01 pm by Groundskeeper Willie »
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1645 on: February 25, 2016, 03:50:59 pm »
Didn't they deploy a probe a few years ago from the Galileo craft that got down into the atmosphere a bit but evaporated only a short bit down?

Yes.  It descended by parachute and transmitted for about two hours I think.  But it wasn't equipped with an imaging system unfortunately.  Of course Galileo dated from the 1980s; the technology since then has improved dramatically, as can be seen with the 1990's Huygen's Titan lander.

A modern Jupiter probe could easily mount the equivalent of a wide-angled webcam and return incredible images from within the planet's atmosphere.  I doubt there would be much scientific value in such images but if you can get the images without compromising or restricting the rest of the payload it should be done.

Popcorn's Art

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1646 on: February 25, 2016, 07:01:57 pm »
I still want a visit to Uranus and Neptune, I feel they've got secrets of their own; more moons, the tilt of Uranus, the storms on Neptune...
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1647 on: February 26, 2016, 01:19:56 pm »
I still want a visit to Uranus
He he...

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1648 on: February 26, 2016, 06:59:12 pm »
Not all its cracked up to be :D

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1649 on: February 28, 2016, 03:02:26 pm »
I still want a visit to Uranus and Neptune, I feel they've got secrets of their own; more moons, the tilt of Uranus, the storms on Neptune...

:lickin

Seriously though, that's where building a probe with a minimum 40 year lifespan comes in.  Never been done before.  Or one of these new propulsion techniques works.  Or both.

Popcorn's Art

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1650 on: February 28, 2016, 03:32:48 pm »
:lickin

Seriously though, that's where building a probe with a minimum 40 year lifespan comes in.  Never been done before.  Or one of these new propulsion techniques works.  Or both.

if only they'd thought like that when they launched the voyager probes

only kidding, i know the voyager mission was never intended to last as long as it has ;)

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1651 on: February 28, 2016, 07:53:13 pm »

only kidding, i know the voyager mission was never intended to last as long as it has ;)

Exactly ;)

Interestingly enough, it was mooted that Cassini could go on to visit Uranus or Neptune, with 20 and 40 year journey times respectively.  Clearly in terms of power the probe has plenty of life left in it - it's just doomed by running out of fuel. 

Whilst there may be question marks over Cassini surviving for another 40 years before even reaching Neptune, it certainly demonstrates that building a probe with such longevity in mind for a specific Neptune mission is well within current technology.  But again power is one thing; fuel is a finite commodity.

Based on current technology, the best way forward I can see would be to develop a separate "Fuel Support Module" that would handle the bulk of propulsion and manoeuvring at the probe's destination planet.  They would be launched on separate rockets and link up in Earth orbit  If each retained a "booster" stage then one could fire to send the probe/FSM package on its way before being jettisoned; then the unit turns around to fire and then jettison the second booster and leaving the probe/FSM in cruise mode.

Popcorn's Art

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1652 on: February 29, 2016, 06:08:51 am »
One thing that always feels so sad to me is seeing one of these long-term missions reach its goal and realizing how many enormous leaps and bounds have been made in digital imaging since it was launched. Every image that came in from New Horizons after it "woke up" was incredible and exciting, but all I could think was "what if they'd built it now?" I realize that it's not as simple as bolting a DSLR onto the front of a rocket, and particularly with the Pluto mission we have to take into account insanely slow data transfer, but sensor resolution has grown exponentially in the last 10 years. Hopefully a new era of super-high-res probe imagery is coming soon.

Does anyone knowledgeable know why NASA still uses CCD for everything rather than CMOS? Didn't NASA invent CMOS? Also, is the transfer rate pretty much the main factor in keeping things lower-res?

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1653 on: February 29, 2016, 06:37:24 am »
One thing that always feels so sad to me is seeing one of these long-term missions reach its goal and realizing how many enormous leaps and bounds have been made in digital imaging since it was launched. Every image that came in from New Horizons after it "woke up" was incredible and exciting, but all I could think was "what if they'd built it now?" I realize that it's not as simple as bolting a DSLR onto the front of a rocket, and particularly with the Pluto mission we have to take into account insanely slow data transfer, but sensor resolution has grown exponentially in the last 10 years. Hopefully a new era of super-high-res probe imagery is coming soon.

Does anyone knowledgeable know why NASA still uses CCD for everything rather than CMOS? Didn't NASA invent CMOS? Also, is the transfer rate pretty much the main factor in keeping things lower-res?
Yes, the progress in commercial electronics has been so astonishingly fast that it quickly  renders obsolete 10 year old electronics... But I've been amazed at the software developments that come with that. Take the HiRise camera on the MRO mars orbiter. It was built for 1m pixel resolution at launch. But subsequent software development that was uploaded made it 20cm per pixel resolution. Amazing! and the accuracy of pointing is astonishing too - it managed to take the picture of MSL (Curiosity) when it parachuted down; a dynamic image at that!

As for CCD vs. CMOS, CCDs have flight heritage, CMOS are just coming into the mix. CCDs have a superior dynamic range, but CMOSs are faster, smaller, lower power. They do have their issues though, like latchup (Single Event Latchup, or SEL). When a radiation particle hits a wrong spot, the device (or line or a buffer) may set at a given voltage and never get back. They also suffer from displacement damage, which creates charge traps. Both are rather equally sensitive to radiation dose (TID).

We should also recognize that the improvements of imaging capabilities must come hand in hand with many others to be useful. For example, data storage on the spacecraft, communication bandwidth, even the ground-based antennas of the DSN must improve to be able to transmit and receive large images. It's one thing to squeeze a 4 Mb image from Mars, quite another a 32 Mb image, for example...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #1654 on: February 29, 2016, 07:55:47 am »
.....communication bandwidth, even the ground-based antennas of the DSN must improve to be able to transmit and receive large images. It's one thing to squeeze a 4 Mb image from Mars, quite another a 32 Mb image, for example...

This looks promising...http://www.nasa.gov/content/goddard/laser-demonstration-reveals-bright-future-for-space-communication

"We were able to download LADEE's entire stored science and spacecraft data [1 gigabyte] in less than five minutes, which was only limited to our 40 Mbps connection to that data within LADEE" said Cornwell.  Using LADEE's onboard radio system would take several days to complete a download of the same stored data. 

It could potentially resolve many of the increased bandwidth requirements.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1655 on: February 29, 2016, 10:56:43 am »
I'd argue that, whilst there will have been a definite leap in technology and imaging/data systems between 2006 and 2016, you could argue that such a gap is comparably narrow compared to Voyager and Galileo, which were also roughly built ten years apart.

By the time Voyager 2 reached Neptune technology had shifted so radically in the intervening twelve years; but for New Horizons it is more a case that the existing technology has just been improved and optimised.  Yes there is new technology but as farawayred says, it's better to go with what is tried and tested - especially if you know what the potential technological pitfalls are and can plan for them.

I imagine that Voyager was the pinnacle of its technology but it was also the last hurrah of that era.  Galileo was something of a hybrid of old and new, whereas Cassini represents the "dawn" of the new technological era which (currently) culminates in New Horizons.  Cassini is a big sunuvabitch - almost as big as a single decker bus.  Partly due to its mission requirements but likely also due in part to new tech.  New Horizons by comparison is the size of a grand piano and would likely fit in your living room.

From the outset New Horizons was built to be compact and efficient and making maximum use of the existing technology.  Whilst you could probably mount comparatively better quality instruments for the same payload mass by today's standards I doubt you could squeeze much more out of its general design, nor do I think it would be necessary. 

Personally, I think we are at a technological stage where it is now possible to develop some "standardised" probe chassis designs that could potentially streamline probe construction.  Of course I am not talking "mass production" here; just being able to grab certain "off the shelf" components, such as a certain sized dish antenna, that is tried and tested technology.  It saves time, money and could simplify design parameters.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 11:06:57 am by Red Beret »

Popcorn's Art

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1656 on: February 29, 2016, 12:03:11 pm »
Yes, the progress in commercial electronics has been so astonishingly fast that it quickly  renders obsolete 10 year old electronics... But I've been amazed at the software developments that come with that. Take the HiRise camera on the MRO mars orbiter. It was built for 1m pixel resolution at launch. But subsequent software development that was uploaded made it 20cm per pixel resolution. Amazing! and the accuracy of pointing is astonishing too - it managed to take the picture of MSL (Curiosity) when it parachuted down; a dynamic image at that!

As for CCD vs. CMOS, CCDs have flight heritage, CMOS are just coming into the mix. CCDs have a superior dynamic range, but CMOSs are faster, smaller, lower power. They do have their issues though, like latchup (Single Event Latchup, or SEL). When a radiation particle hits a wrong spot, the device (or line or a buffer) may set at a given voltage and never get back. They also suffer from displacement damage, which creates charge traps. Both are rather equally sensitive to radiation dose (TID).

We should also recognize that the improvements of imaging capabilities must come hand in hand with many others to be useful. For example, data storage on the spacecraft, communication bandwidth, even the ground-based antennas of the DSN must improve to be able to transmit and receive large images. It's one thing to squeeze a 4 Mb image from Mars, quite another a 32 Mb image, for example...

I think I actually understand most of that! How did software improve that orbiter camera, by the way? Better data interpretation?

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1657 on: February 29, 2016, 08:20:58 pm »
I think I actually understand most of that! How did software improve that orbiter camera, by the way? Better data interpretation?
Yes. It's akin to the optical zoom in conventional cameras (which I never use), just maybe a bit better.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1658 on: March 3, 2016, 07:51:52 pm »
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/frbs-mystery-repeating-radio-signals-discovered-emanating-unknown-cosmic-source-1547133

Repeating radio signals coming from a mystery source far beyond the Milky Way have been discovered by scientists. While one-off fast radio bursts (FRBs) have been detected in the past, this is the first time multiple signals have been detected coming from the same place in space.

FRBs are radio signals from deep space that last for just a few milliseconds. Since their discovery over a decade ago, scientists have been searching for more to try to understand their origin. At present, there are several theories as to what they could be, with most involving some cataclysmic event like a supernova or a neutron star collapsing into a black hole.

All of the events seen so far appear to have been one-offs, with subsequent observations failing to find follow-up bursts coming from the same position as the original. However, an international team of researchers has now discovered an additional 10 bursts coming from the same direction as FRB 121102, using the Arecibo radio telescope in Puerto Rico.

Publishing their findings in the journal Nature, the researchers report the subsequent bursts have the same dispersion measures and sky positions as the original FRB. This, they say, means the source must have survived whatever event caused the FRB to be produced in the first place – i.e. it cannot have been a cataclysmic one-off event. They also found the bursts differed in brightness from other FRBs, suggesting a different source.

Paul Scholz, from McGill University, was the first person to notice the repeating burst: "I knew immediately that the discovery would be extremely important in the study of FRBs."

In the study, researchers suggest the repeating bursts are coming from a very young neutron star. "Although there may be multiple physical origins for the population of fast radio bursts, these repeat bursts with high dispersion measure and variable spectra specifically seen from the direction of FRB 121102 support an origin in a young, highly magnetised, extragalactic neutron star," they wrote.

The team now hopes to identify the galaxy from which the repeating FRBs came from. "Once we have precisely localised the repeater's position on the sky, we will be able to compare observations from optical and X-ray telescopes and see if there is a galaxy there," said Jason Hessels, corresponding author on the study. "Finding the host galaxy of this source is critical to understanding its properties."

Their study follows another paper on FRBs published earlier this month. Also appearing in Nature, researchers announced the discovery of the location and host galaxy of another FRB first discovered in April last year.

They found FRB 150418 had emanated from an elliptical galaxy six billion light years away. Unlike FRB 121102, this burst did not repeat, leading scientists to say it was probably produced by merger event, where two stars that are orbiting each other come together. In the paper, the team also said they believe there are at least two different sources of FRBs.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1659 on: March 4, 2016, 04:34:10 pm »
I thought this man deserves a spot in this thread; Scott Kelly - setting a record in space.

Astronaut Scott Kelly home after record stay in space
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/scott-kelly-mikhail-kornienko-landing-after-record-space-flight/

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1660 on: March 7, 2016, 08:11:13 pm »
Apparently there was a major aurora visible from Liverpool last night and there may be one again tonight.

Popcorn's Art

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1661 on: March 7, 2016, 08:32:28 pm »
yeah seen some photos of it taken from crosby

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1662 on: March 8, 2016, 08:37:14 pm »
Please say "GO"!

Fate of NASA’s InSight Mars mission to be decided soon
https://astronomynow.com/2016/03/08/fate-of-nasas-insight-mars-mission-to-be-decided-soon/

Will NASA's InSight Mars Mission Launch in 2018?
http://www.space.com/32177-will-nasas-insight-mars-mission-launch-in-2018.html
« Last Edit: March 8, 2016, 08:38:46 pm by farawayred »

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1663 on: March 10, 2016, 07:54:20 am »

Dark Sun over Ternate

Image Credit & Copyright: Babak Tafreshi (TWAN)

Explanation: A dark Sun hangs in the clearing sky over a volcanic planet in this morning sea and skycape. It was taken during this week's total solar eclipse, a dramatic snapshot from along the narrow path of totality in the dark shadow of a New Moon. Earth's Indonesian isle of Ternate, North Maluku lies in the foreground. The sky is still bright near the eastern horizon though, beyond the region's flattened volcanic peaks and outside the Moon's umbral shadow. In fact, near the equator the dark lunar umbra is rushing eastward across Earth's surface at about 1,700 kilometers (1,100 miles) per hour. Shining through the thin clouds, around the Sun's silhouette is the alluring glow of the solar corona, only easily seen during totality. An inspiring sight for eclipse watchers, this solar corona is the tenuous, hot outer atmosphere of the Sun.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1664 on: March 11, 2016, 08:23:39 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_OeQxoKocU&ocid=socialflow_twitter

360 panoramic inside the large hadron collider.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline MHLC

• My Horse Likes Cheese
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1665 on: March 12, 2016, 02:53:40 am »
Europe off to Mars again on Monday morning, with the launch of ExoMars 8)

http://exploration.esa.int/mars/46124-mission-overview/

Currently sat eyes half shut at the operations center, supporting the launch dress-rehearsal.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1666 on: March 12, 2016, 04:07:59 pm »
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 04:10:12 pm by CornerFlag »
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1667 on: March 15, 2016, 04:30:56 am »

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #1668 on: March 19, 2016, 07:24:34 pm »
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #1669 on: March 23, 2016, 02:15:20 pm »
May be of tangential interest. Horizon tonight is on anti-gravity research, warp drives and the EmDrive plus the theoretical physics surrounding them. BBC article on it: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-35861334

So want one of these. ;)

(Concept art from BAE's Project Greenglow, the research project into antigravity).
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1670 on: April 4, 2016, 08:47:41 pm »
I meant to post this here on April 1, but forgot. Here it is belated:

First supersonic UAV was here!

NASA announced the first supersonic UAV. It was built in cooperation between NASA and two Utah correctional institutions.

The aircraft is powered by high purity weapon grade balonium.  Unfortunately due to the error in drawings the pioneering aircraft was mounted on the launch pad upside down and hit the ground after the successful countdown.

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1671 on: April 8, 2016, 09:56:33 pm »
Did anyone see the SpaceX webcast just then? They've managed to land the first stage back on the droneship! Incredible.

Offline Terry_Tibbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1672 on: April 8, 2016, 11:22:22 pm »
Did anyone see the SpaceX webcast just then? They've managed to land the first stage back on the droneship! Incredible.
Missed the webcast earlier but just seen the pic and video clip on twitter.

Clip: https://twitter.com/SpaceX/status/718561436201431040

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1673 on: April 9, 2016, 10:09:00 am »
Impressive.  It's always good to see mistakes being learned from and progress being made. :)

Popcorn's Art

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1674 on: April 9, 2016, 11:00:58 am »
Missed the webcast earlier but just seen the pic and video clip on twitter.

Clip: https://twitter.com/SpaceX/status/718561436201431040
I watched it live...

Utterly astonishing, mind blowing, to land a rocket on a ship in the middle of the ocean
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #1675 on: April 9, 2016, 06:48:10 pm »
I watched it live...

Utterly astonishing, mind blowing, to land a rocket on a ship in the middle of the ocean

Doesn't quite look real does it :)

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #1676 on: April 10, 2016, 12:00:56 am »
Cracking view of the ISS going over tonight at around 10.14 pm here in the UK SW, being closely followed by re-supply mission vehicle launched a few days ago climbing up to meet it tomorrow.
Should see it pass over again tomorrow evening around 9.23pm, weather permitting,  but I think the re-supply is planned to have completed docking by then.

I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1677 on: April 10, 2016, 07:52:58 am »
Doesn't quite look real does it :)

I was expecting to see a bird flying backwards

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1678 on: April 10, 2016, 09:48:06 pm »
Elon Musk’s Space Dream Almost Killed Tesla

SpaceX started with a plan to send mice to Mars. It got crazier from there.

http://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2015-elon-musk-spacex/

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #1679 on: April 10, 2016, 10:10:22 pm »
Enjoyed that.