Author Topic: Where to watch the champs league final  (Read 241360 times)

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
Re: Where to watch the champs league final
« Reply #1440 on: May 23, 2019, 06:29:24 pm »
Anybody going to Circo?

A tenner in and loads of drinks packages, open from 6 so no need to rush into town and get bladdered like I did last year In the Bierkeller!

Yep. got mine a while ago.

Food at Almost famous and then pub crawl around the ropewalks.

Online jed the red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1441 on: May 23, 2019, 06:37:06 pm »
Yep. got mine a while ago.

Food at Almost famous and then pub crawl around the ropewalks.

Nice one, we were running out of options. You been in there before? How big a venue is it mate?

Offline D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1442 on: May 23, 2019, 06:38:07 pm »
Screenings in the Kop Bar just announced
Anyone been in there yet?
Twitter - @ElmDag - 19 League Titles • 8 FA Cups • 9 Football League Cups • 16 FA Charity Shields • 6 UEFA European Cups • 3 UEFA Cups • 4 UEFA European Super Cups • 1 FIFA Club World Cup

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1443 on: May 23, 2019, 06:51:05 pm »
i could just watch it at home but just for options

anywhere in Belfast doing a good show for it? (apart from limelight)

I'm going to the Empire. Was really good last year even though we lost.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1444 on: May 23, 2019, 07:27:29 pm »
Nice one, we were running out of options. You been in there before? How big a venue is it mate?

Throw a rock down Seel Street and you'll find a bar to drink in probably showing the game. I've never been in but know its a large venue.

Personally I'm using it a back up plan though. If we can get a decent spec down one of the ropewalk bars we'll stay in. If not then we have guaranteed entry somewhere

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #1445 on: May 23, 2019, 07:41:44 pm »

Apologies if a repost..about to dash out so unsure if there are any places left.

"How you can watch the Champions League final at Anfield after all"

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-you-can-watch-champions-16322797#ICID=Android_EchoNewsApp_AppShare
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #1446 on: May 23, 2019, 08:49:37 pm »
Apologies if a repost..about to dash out so unsure if there are any places left.

"How you can watch the Champions League final at Anfield after all"

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-you-can-watch-champions-16322797#ICID=Android_EchoNewsApp_AppShare

I just tried as this would’ve been better than Aintree and it says no availability already.
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline Robbo1980

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1447 on: May 23, 2019, 09:21:15 pm »
The club have had a fucking mare with this.
Families down about 40k tickets on last season, leaving loads with few options.

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #1448 on: May 23, 2019, 10:30:15 pm »
I'm going to the Empire. Was really good last year even though we lost.
I'll bear it in mind. Thanks
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #1449 on: May 23, 2019, 10:43:57 pm »
Anybody going to Circo?

A tenner in and loads of drinks packages, open from 6 so no need to rush into town and get bladdered like I did last year In the Bierkeller!

Yep, mainly because I can bring my teenage daughter as they're letting teenagers in as long as they're with an adults as a one off for the match.  There's a couple of stipulations.... they're not allowed to stand at the bar and have to be accompanied to the toilets!!  Other than that it sounds like a good venue that's fairly central.

Spoke to the licensee and it seems a pretty big venue and one of the largest indoor screens in Liverpool so should be good.  Plan on doing a pub crawl in the afternoon to soak up the atmosphere and then heading there about 7 knowing we've got guaranteed entry in as a lot of places aren't allowing u18s in.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #1450 on: May 23, 2019, 11:15:53 pm »
In Choppers his ken it's empty.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 11:19:58 pm by kesey »
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1451 on: May 23, 2019, 11:50:26 pm »
The club have had a fucking mare with this.
Families down about 40k tickets on last season, leaving loads with few options.

Glad they’ve finally decided to open The Kop Bar up, but hardly scratches the surface numbers wise. Really can’t see why they’ve not opened any of the hospitality lounges or the Bootroom Cafe as well like they did last year.
Twitter - @ElmDag - 19 League Titles • 8 FA Cups • 9 Football League Cups • 16 FA Charity Shields • 6 UEFA European Cups • 3 UEFA Cups • 4 UEFA European Super Cups • 1 FIFA Club World Cup

Offline phonic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1452 on: May 23, 2019, 11:58:36 pm »
The amount of times I’ve seen the words “biggest screen in Liverpool” the last few days is unbelievable - there’s some serious competition!

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1453 on: May 23, 2019, 11:59:56 pm »
Getting to Concert Square at about 2pm.

Hoping to stay relatively sober for the game. Don't think I've thought that through

You’re gonna be trollied. Haha.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1454 on: May 24, 2019, 01:34:52 am »
Getting to Concert Square at about 2pm.

Hoping to stay relatively sober for the game. Don't think I've thought that through
Last May I got into town for around midday and I remember very little between halftime of the final and getting back to my house.

I know I tried to open my front door with a 10p piece at one stage but that's about it.

I plan to enjoy this one with a bit more restraint.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Kilcluney-Red

• Boys Pen
« Reply #1455 on: May 24, 2019, 11:26:19 am »
i could just watch it at home but just for options

anywhere in Belfast doing a good show for it? (apart from limelight)

Wellington Park are having a Fanzone, 800 tickets sold so far apparently

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1456 on: May 24, 2019, 11:32:23 am »
thanks

Offline Robbo1980

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1457 on: May 24, 2019, 02:43:30 pm »
Any ideas on family friendly screenings....not ones where the kuds are nagging me every 3 seconds they cant see?

Fucking joke this....liverpool should have areanged cor every spare venue to show it....

These games are the ideal way to draw in even more young scousers and non scousers of course....but there not arsed

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1458 on: May 24, 2019, 02:58:12 pm »

That's the problem for me, tickets sold. Like fuck am I paying in  anywhere. Loads of c*nts deciding to make more profit from football fans. Get to fuck.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1459 on: May 24, 2019, 03:06:15 pm »
That's the problem for me, tickets sold. Like fuck am I paying in  anywhere. Loads of c*nts deciding to make more profit from football fans. Get to fuck.

I'm going to play devils advocate with those saying that bars are trying to profit on ticketing screenings.

Liverpool bars and clubs have had to be alot more careful when putting on events in the city now. Things like Bongos Bingo and nightclubs in town have caused surges in crowding and trouble at events (sometimes serious). The council are coming down harder on places where there is trouble.

By selling tickets you can control numbers (often a licencing condition), get in extra security staff for the doors (with most now needing metal detectors and ID checks now) and control your stock better.

I'm not saying that they aren't profiting from ticketing but I'm also saying there are reasons why they have to go down this route

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1460 on: May 24, 2019, 03:09:02 pm »
they are fair points gazza

i even remember in 2008 when i went to watch Chelsea and United in my local in county meath the pub was rammed.

most of us said "can you imagine if it was Liverpool and United"

the owner of the pub heard us and said "i would have had to make it ticket only"

the pub to my knowledge has never done it but as you said if too many turn up anything can happen

Offline Scottish-Don

• Maggie May, Kez, Kopbird, LFCMunkee and gerrardspetal in any order
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'Cause he's a dedicated follower of fashion
« Reply #1461 on: May 24, 2019, 03:21:25 pm »
I'm going to play devils advocate with those saying that bars are trying to profit on ticketing screenings.

Liverpool bars and clubs have had to be alot more careful when putting on events in the city now. Things like Bongos Bingo and nightclubs in town have caused surges in crowding and trouble at events (sometimes serious). The council are coming down harder on places where there is trouble.

By selling tickets you can control numbers (often a licencing condition), get in extra security staff for the doors (with most now needing metal detectors and ID checks now) and control your stock better.

I'm not saying that they aren't profiting from ticketing but I'm also saying there are reasons why they have to go down this route

Up here in Aberdeen we have had to hire a hall above a Pub, this cost us (Aberdeen Supporters Branch) so we made it £5 per person and limited it to 150 people due to the size of the hall.
I set up a link on Paypal and we sold the 150 out in less than 24 hours.
With the cash we have paid the hall, bought bottles of champagne & ordered food for the 150 attending.
The rest of the cash raised will go to Charity.
Follow me on Twitter - @achtung_davie

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1462 on: May 24, 2019, 03:22:39 pm »
Up here in Aberdeen we have had to hire a hall above a Pub, this cost us (Aberdeen Supporters Branch) so we made it £5 per person and limited it to 150 people due to the size of the hall.
With the cash we have paid the hall, bought bottles of champagne & ordered food for the 150 attending.
wow

fair play

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1463 on: May 24, 2019, 04:04:17 pm »

Not in Belfast though. Yes places get busy, but the extra people in buying the booze should be enough to cover the door staff etc. Count heads as they're going in. Places I didnt even know had TVs are putting the match on and charging people in simply to make more money

Offline Macca201188

• Kopite
« Reply #1464 on: May 24, 2019, 07:52:33 pm »
Don’t suppose anyone is in the Algarve for this and have somewhere to watch? Also, am I right in thinking BT Sport app will work in Portugal if I can’t find a decent bar?
The reds are comin up the hill boys....

Offline Macca201188

• Kopite
« Reply #1465 on: May 24, 2019, 07:57:44 pm »

Well done mate would have defo been there had I been home for final.
The reds are comin up the hill boys....

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1466 on: May 24, 2019, 08:04:54 pm »
Don’t suppose anyone is in the Algarve for this and have somewhere to watch? Also, am I right in thinking BT Sport app will work in Portugal if I can’t find a decent bar?

I don't think it will, think you need to be in UK, unless you have a VPN

If you are going to be streaming it, BT are streaming it live on Youtube for free.

Offline jonesygeez

• Main Stander
« Reply #1467 on: May 25, 2019, 07:44:17 am »
Hi, looking for a bar in town that'll have live music in the afternoon bit of a sing song, bringing my lad up he's 14.  We got Space @ arena for the match but they've said they showing the BT bit from 7 which is fair enough just wanted somewhere a bit lively in the afternoon?  Suggestions welcome, up the reds

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1468 on: May 25, 2019, 01:57:53 pm »

What about all the places who aren't charging?  How are they managing it in this violent wasteland of metal detectors and savagery?

I haven't bought a ticket this year as there's loads of good venues that aren't ticketed. The place I bought a ticket for last year's idea of "an event" was pathetic and they didn't have any special measures in place to justify the entry, other than to make some money.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline babraham

• blincoln. Likes to have man crushes cos he's so pretty, oh so pretty (vacant).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1469 on: May 25, 2019, 02:49:30 pm »
I've moved to London 2 weeks ago from South Africa. Made friends at work with a few other new people (fellow foreigners) who are Reds. None of us have been to Liverpool so we've gotten train tickets for early Saturday morning and a hotel room in Chester. That's the closest we could get. If we just pitch up in Liverpool in the afternoon without tickets for anywhere will we be okay or is that asking to miss the match? I don't know Liverpool but I've heard of the Baltics so figured we'd just head out there and see what we find? Decent plan?
The imbecile formerly known as babraham. But now called babraham again! Though still an imbecile. Sadly.

Klopp: "We have to change from doubters to believers...NOW"

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #1470 on: May 25, 2019, 02:53:06 pm »
I've moved to London 2 weeks ago from South Africa. Made friends at work with a few other new people (fellow foreigners) who are Reds. None of us have been to Liverpool so we've gotten train tickets for early Saturday morning and a hotel room in Chester. That's the closest we could get. If we just pitch up in Liverpool in the afternoon without tickets for anywhere will we be okay or is that asking to miss the match? I don't know Liverpool but I've heard of the Baltics so figured we'd just head out there and see what we find? Decent plan?

Swerve the Baltic. Stick around the Ropewalks in town - so Wood Street/Fleet Street/Seel Street/Duke Street - and you’ll find somewhere, but you’ll need to get there like mid-afternoon at the latest.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #1471 on: May 25, 2019, 03:15:45 pm »
Did you keep the receipt for the champers?

Just in case the fridge is broke and it’s warm or the champers is corked, or something like that. Or because we..,,...
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline babraham

• blincoln. Likes to have man crushes cos he's so pretty, oh so pretty (vacant).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1472 on: May 25, 2019, 03:27:22 pm »
Swerve the Baltic. Stick around the Ropewalks in town - so Wood Street/Fleet Street/Seel Street/Duke Street - and you’ll find somewhere, but you’ll need to get there like mid-afternoon at the latest.
You're a saint! :)
The imbecile formerly known as babraham. But now called babraham again! Though still an imbecile. Sadly.

Klopp: "We have to change from doubters to believers...NOW"

Offline Jaron

• RAWK's Poet Laureate
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • Ready in 6 minutes
    • http://twitter.com/jaroncollis
« Reply #1473 on: May 25, 2019, 03:56:20 pm »
I'm going to be in Glasgow for this one, any recommendations?
"We go again."

Offline L8Craig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1474 on: May 25, 2019, 04:05:53 pm »
Everyone I know Is going to Madrid...

So it's either the couch or make my way into town and take in the atmosphere with the other 1000s of reds in concert square before heading into a bar.

I go the match alone so what could be different ???

Offline davidlpool1982

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1475 on: May 25, 2019, 04:07:40 pm »
I like the ticketing idea but not some of the prices charged. We've all been in pubs where it's far too rammed to be comfortable and watching the game/band/whatever isn't enjoyable because fuckin Dave from Skem took a break from limbering up on Rodney St to spend three hours spilling his Fosters down your back and breathing a little too close to your ear for comfort. Then there's the assault course of going for a slash and trying to get your spec back. Like the lad above said, tickets let you control that and make it a comfortable experience for everyone with the added bonus of not getting shut down by the police because you are way above your fire safety limit.

That said a tenner a ticket is a fucking rip off when most of these places have been free to watch all year. A couple of quid to cover some costs in getting the tickets printed/organised and the door staff is sound.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1476 on: May 25, 2019, 04:10:48 pm »
I like the ticketing idea but not some of the prices charged. We've all been in pubs where it's far too rammed to be comfortable and watching the game/band/whatever isn't enjoyable because fuckin Dave from Skem took a break from limbering up on Rodney St to spend three hours spilling his Fosters down your back and breathing a little too close to your ear for comfort. Then there's the assault course of going for a slash and trying to get your spec back. Like the lad above said, tickets let you control that and make it a comfortable experience for everyone with the added bonus of not getting shut down by the police because you are way above your fire safety limit.

That said a tenner a ticket is a fucking rip off when most of these places have been free to watch all year. A couple of quid to cover some costs in getting the tickets printed/organised and the door staff is sound.

Don’t mind the places doing a tenner if you get a drink or two

Problem with charging £2 or so people just write it off and don’t go if they find something else

Saw somewhere charging £20 but you got some food and two free drinks. Makes it a bit more palatable

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #1477 on: May 25, 2019, 07:46:06 pm »
I’ve got 3 tickets for the Aintree screening (sold out now & no age restrictions) if anybody wants them? Paid £11.25 for each, so will obviously sell for face value. PM me if interested

All gone
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 09:36:07 am by Adz LFC »
I’m so glad that Jürgen is a Red…

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1478 on: May 25, 2019, 08:50:51 pm »
Priority given to those of us who missed out on the ballot, fair enough. But how about those who were successful in the ballot, but didn’t take up the offer of a ticket due to person or persons you applied with not being successful? No mention of that anywhere?

So youve got a ticket but cant be arsed going due to personal circumstances.  How about those who have a ticket for all league but cant get to midweek matches due to personal circumstances.  No mention of that anywhere?  I go to all weekend games, this game is weekenfd, wheres my fucking ticket ?
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Kenny19

• Anny Roader
  • Dreaming our dreams and drifting within
« Reply #1479 on: May 25, 2019, 08:57:57 pm »
I'm going to be in Glasgow for this one, any recommendations?
https://twitter.com/GlasgowReds Supporters club in Glasgow, they’ll deffo arrange something for next week