Author Topic: Voronin targets Liverpool return  (Read 130799 times)

Offline Macedonian_Red

• NewsNow. Actually much later. And then probably wrong.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Voronin targets Liverpool return
« Reply #200 on: December 22, 2008, 02:13:07 pm »
Do you reckon a 30 year old could adapt to the jump in speed though? Not saying he couldn't but Morientes couldn't and we can all see how class that fella is. Even he said that he'd have been better if he'd come at Torres age because you need speed to last in the Prem

Well, to be honest, Pantelic was never a "speed merchant" ... He is more "fox in the box" type of a striker, with a great positioning and quick reaction in front of the goal ...

Offline codland

• Kopite
« Reply #201 on: December 22, 2008, 02:55:37 pm »

Tears and a runny nose. Was the 4-0 home win over KSC on Saturday the final game in a Hertha shirt for Marko Pantelic? The Serb striker like fellow-forward Andrey Voronin is in bed with the flu, and is considered doubtful for the crucial UEFA Cup group clash against Piräus in Greece on Thursday.

While the latter will be goal-hunting for Hertha in 2009, the future of the former is still uncertain. After celebrating with the fans in the East Stand, Pante said after the KSC game: "I want to stay for the rest of the season."

But Hertha want to sell him as soon as possible, in order to take 3 million Euro from a transfer deal.In summer he can leave for free. The English clubs West Bromwich Albion , Everton, Wigan Athletic and Middlesbrough are known to be hunting Pante. Two new names have entered the fray: Italian giants Juventus Turin and Roma are also vying for his services.
http://hertha.de/index.php?id=18778

Pantelic will leave in January, but don't think he'll join liverpool.

and the latest thing Dieter Hoeneß talked about Voronin is that Hertha wants to cut down his wages.

Offline G1 Jockey 4(betfair)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: December 22, 2008, 04:34:50 pm »
if its back up for the lone role which rafa seems to only use now then its aa very good risk.

pantelic is decent enough
we could do with his skill as well when teams park the bus.

a much betetr option than voronin imo
Freedom of Speech unless you get shouted down and abused by the in-crowd.

Offline rafabenihill

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: December 22, 2008, 06:21:55 pm »
pantelic? please no..
hertha is now playing better cos pantelic is usually on the bench..
White liquid in a bottle. It's milk, for sure.

Offline The Armchair

• Anny Roader
  • R. Keys = hairy little fuck-witted gimp
« Reply #204 on: December 22, 2008, 06:25:02 pm »
Wouldn't mind Petric or Ollic from HSV. Thought Petric looked very impressive against Villa last week.

Has the pony got 10-15 goals in Bundesliga yet?  ;)
Pepe Reina has a better chance of scoring 10-15 goals next season than Voronin....

Someone quote me on that!!!

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Moaning bed wetter, cry wanks for Torres
  • Legacy Fan
"I was pleased also with Peter Crouch. We have been talking to him, before and after his nose operation, to show more confidence with his heading.

"Now it seems to have worked. Lets say that if he has a few games without scoring again, maybe we should arrange to break his nose again."

Rafa.

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #206 on: December 22, 2008, 06:56:17 pm »
Get out and take Pepsi & Shirley with you!!!!  :wave
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #207 on: December 22, 2008, 06:56:51 pm »
Wouldn't mind Petric or Ollic from HSV. Thought Petric looked very impressive against Villa last week.

Has the pony got 10-15 goals in Bundesliga yet?  ;)

ollic has been linked to us before
played ok against villa last week

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: December 22, 2008, 06:59:26 pm »
£2M, thank you very much and goodbye!
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline Dubit10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: December 22, 2008, 07:03:12 pm »
Whilst i don't like talking down any Liverpool player i won't miss any sleep if he leaves us for good..in fact i'll sleep a lot sounder because of it. :)
Robbie Fowler is God

Offline Momos_righteye

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: February 2, 2009, 03:15:47 pm »
Wonder will Rafa be recalling Shawn Michaels if Robbie leaves today?

Now that would be grim

Offline Kyle Soprano

• Doing his BTEC Sports Science but still knows fuck all
  • Legacy Fan
  • You & I Are Gonna Live Forever
« Reply #211 on: February 2, 2009, 03:17:30 pm »
Fuck me I'd rather take my chances on N'Gog to be honest
I only drink on special occasions. Like Fridays and Saturdays. The occasional Sunday. Sometimes even Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. Never Thursday. Well, every so often maybe a Thursday.

Offline scoreinaminute

• Anny Roader
  • "Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic." Emlyn
« Reply #212 on: February 2, 2009, 03:29:44 pm »
Oh good god no please don't let him come back...as for Olic he's joined Bayern on a Bosman, going there in the summer to replace Podolski who's heading back to Koln this summer.
"If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing." Shanks

Offline Momos_righteye

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: February 2, 2009, 03:46:13 pm »
Oh good god no please don't let him come back...as for Olic he's joined Bayern on a Bosman, going there in the summer to replace Podolski who's heading back to Koln this summer.

I always thought that Podolski would have the potential to do alright for us, hard working, play up front or on the left?

As for Voronin, I really hope never to see him wear a Liverpool jersey again

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #214 on: February 2, 2009, 03:51:25 pm »
Voronin can go fuck himself. Britain a cultural backewater? Says a man from a country where mullets are still considered de riguer and Hasselhoff is a big rock star. Trouble with voronin is that much of britains culture is too subtle for troglodytes like him, a man who has long hair but shaves it above the ear. That went out in the 80's. Name me a decent band from germany apart from kraftwerk, saxon anyone? how about scorpion or extreme? bag-o-shite.
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: February 2, 2009, 03:55:23 pm »
Voronin can go fuck himself. Britain a cultural backewater? Says a man from a country where mullets are still considered de riguer and Hasselhoff is a big rock star. Trouble with voronin is that much of britains culture is too subtle for troglodytes like him, a man who has long hair but shaves it above the ear. That went out in the 80's. Name me a decent band from germany apart from kraftwerk, saxon anyone? how about scorpion or extreme? bag-o-shite.

To be honest I love Krautrock - Neu!, Harmonia, Cluster, Can all worth a listen as well as the mighty Kraftwerk. Also I wouldn't really call Germany full of troglodytes, their philosophers have been among the best in history - Nietzsche, Kant, Hegel etc etc. Also see: Einstein, Brecht, Gutenberg, Levi Strauss for Germans who weren;t mullet wearing fools.

I'm not defending the Hoff or mullets but we have our fair share of shite here too mate.
« Last Edit: February 2, 2009, 04:01:14 pm by SamAteTheRedAcid »
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #216 on: February 2, 2009, 03:59:06 pm »

clearly you've not spent much time in germany recently - its a marvellous place and berlin is one of the most entertaining cities in terms of nightlife i've ever visited from the panoramabar to weekend to watergate or bar 25 you can go out on a thursday night and not get home until early tuesday.

i presumed this was all water under the bridge but he was interviewed at a time his child was ill and he was still settling into a new country so lets get down off the high horse of self-righteousness and just leave it at the fact that it didn't really work out for him at anfield.

that said in terms of goals per game i can't believe he is much different from keane and clearly cost a sight less (£0) so would he really be a worse bench filler than the grumpy paddy?

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #217 on: February 2, 2009, 04:48:55 pm »
To be honest I love Krautrock - Neu!, Harmonia, Cluster, Can all worth a listen as well as the mighty Kraftwerk. Also I wouldn't really call Germany full of troglodytes, their philosophers have been among the best in history - Nietzsche, Kant, Hegel etc etc. Also see: Einstein, Brecht, Gutenberg, Levi Strauss for Germans who weren;t mullet wearing fools.

I'm not defending the Hoff or mullets but we have our fair share of shite here too mate.

okay, my comment was more of a inane rant on voronin than a serious commentary on germany. I take your point and the next guys about philosophy, science, the arts and public health but tell me this what have the germans ever done for us except bomb our chippie?  :)

(i have been to Berlin, liked it but preferred Holland to be honest)

I was right about the crap krautrock tho...and The Hoff.... ;D

oh and i could match you man for man on the german philosophers and scientist with a Brit. Einstein wouldnt have been anyone without James Clarke Maxwell for example. Finance wouldnt be anything without Adams. Darwin, Newton, Watt, Hawkings, JJ Thompson, Shakespeare, Python, Benny Hill...the Fab Four,....

I love Britain. It isnt as bad as some make it out. Its a daft place, its funny and eccentric, stupid and visionary and full of good people, mostly. We have our morons but theyre our british morons, who manage to take moronity to the extreme and then some.

I actually quite like the germans and the dutch and the spanish and the italians, in fact i like all peoples. I also like stereotypes and bad jokes, generalisations and knob gags.

I bloody hate David Hasselhoff though and find German Techno too cold. Gimme Orbital anyday.

8) ;D

« Last Edit: February 2, 2009, 05:01:11 pm by boots »
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Offline Momos_righteye

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: February 2, 2009, 04:56:43 pm »
that said in terms of goals per game i can't believe he is much different from keane and clearly cost a sight less (£0) so would he really be a worse bench filler than the grumpy paddy?

Yes, We are challenging for the Premiership, the FA cup and the Champions League, not the fooking Auto Windshields cup!

Offline G1 Jockey 4(betfair)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: February 2, 2009, 05:35:13 pm »
well the voronator might have to return if we pick up injuries.
hope you all dont boo him like you did to lucas
Freedom of Speech unless you get shouted down and abused by the in-crowd.

Offline John McKenna

• Main Stander
  • Me having no education. I had to use my brains
« Reply #220 on: February 2, 2009, 05:40:37 pm »
17 league games each. 5 goals for Andriy and 7 for Keane. And many of Voronin's appearances were as late substitutes. Not all that much difference if he was brought back to replace Keane.
“Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.”

Offline McmanaMark

• Anny Roader
« Reply #221 on: February 2, 2009, 05:43:51 pm »
17 league games each. 5 goals for Andriy and 7 for Keane. And many of Voronin's appearances were as late substitutes. Not all that much difference if he was brought back to replace Keane.

Is that 5 league goals in 17 games in Germany?

Or are you comparing Voro last season with Keane this season?
Clyne..Matip..VVD..Robertson
..........Goretzka
....Keita.........Lemar
Salah..................Mane
..........Firmino

Offline John McKenna

• Main Stander
« Reply #222 on: February 2, 2009, 05:45:35 pm »
Is that 5 league goals in 17 games in Germany?

Or are you comparing Voro last season with Keane this season?

Stats are from Voronin's 2007/8 season at Liverpool and obviously Keane's stats this season for us.
“Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.”

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: February 2, 2009, 05:48:18 pm »
Stop flappin. He's only coming back to pick up his snakeskin trackie
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline Eileen

• Industries
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: February 2, 2009, 05:49:46 pm »
Heartbroken
That made me laugh , hard  ;D
Twitter: http://twitter.com/Eileen___
If you can speak Klingon just take your own life. It's too late for you. You can't unlearn that shit.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #225 on: February 2, 2009, 05:50:11 pm »
Don't want to panic anyone, but I noticed on the official site that they have Voronin in at the number 10 shirt on the squad list. Not being one to pay regular attention to it, has it shown that throughout his loan period or are there more sinister forces at work? Just that with previous loan players they always drop out of the numbered squad list and feature at the bottom of the list - Scott Carson being one recent example I can clearly remember. Just a thought...

Offline lunnylad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #226 on: February 2, 2009, 05:52:35 pm »
If that useless fucking twat comes back to show us 'the real' him then I'm going to stop going to the match.

I wish we'd signed someone to replace Keane, but I'd rather eat otter shit than watch that clown in a red shirt again.
6 may come first, but we all want 19
good luck to Rafa, where the fuck's Keane?....

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: February 2, 2009, 05:53:45 pm »
Wonder will Rafa be recalling Shawn Michaels if Robbie leaves today?

Now that would be grim
Sweet mother of god! I sensed this day would come!
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: February 2, 2009, 05:53:58 pm »
If that useless fucking twat comes back to show us 'the real' him then I'm going to stop going to the match.

I wish we'd signed someone to replace Keane, but I'd rather eat otter shit than watch that clown in a red shirt again.
He wouldn't have missed them sitters Keane did
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

Offline John McKenna

• Main Stander
« Reply #229 on: February 2, 2009, 05:54:34 pm »

Apart from not being good enough, what exactly has he done to deserve that kind of hatred?

Offline CaptainHindsight?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #230 on: February 2, 2009, 05:58:16 pm »
Voronin might not have missed those sitters because he would probably have been somewhere around the right back area when we need him upfront.

However I don't hate the guy just cause he's shite, I just don't want him in a red shirt again....unless it's a manc shirt.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: February 2, 2009, 06:00:12 pm »
Voronin might not have missed those sitters because he would probably have been somewhere around the right back area when we need him upfront.

However I don't hate the guy just cause he's shite, I just don't want him in a red shirt again....unless it's a manc shirt.
I was waiting for the old.... he wouldn't have been in the position to miss them argument. But fact is, he'd have put them all away

Offline John McKenna

• Main Stander
« Reply #232 on: February 2, 2009, 06:00:14 pm »

That's fair enough. I don't rate him either, he's not good enough for us. But really though, someone wanting to stop going the match if he came back? ffs

Offline CaptainHindsight?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #233 on: February 2, 2009, 06:04:45 pm »
That's fair enough. I don't rate him either, he's not good enough for us. But really though, someone wanting to stop going the match if he came back? ffs

Oh I was not defending that argument at all! I agree with you on that.

It is true that he would not have got to those positions though.

I'd rather we got Robbie Fowler back than Voronin.

Offline lunnylad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #234 on: February 2, 2009, 06:09:34 pm »
Apart from not being good enough, what exactly has he done to deserve that kind of hatred?

I didn't say I hated him did I? I just think he's shite - imho he was a terrible signing.

Offline Emo Phillips

• Master of his domain. Enjoyed a young girl's strange, erotic journey from Milan to Minsk. Resident of MILF Island.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: February 2, 2009, 06:11:42 pm »
I was waiting for the old.... he wouldn't have been in the position to miss them argument. But fact is, he'd have put them all away

I think getting into the positions is important. Clearly.

However, Voronin was much underrated. Attitude wasn't great at times, and he was no Torres, but he had far more good games than Keane, unfortunately for us.
KRAMER: "I'm at 1st and 1st. Wait a minute, how can a street intersect into itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe!"

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: February 2, 2009, 06:12:12 pm »
I think I'm the only person who actually quite likes him :s

Offline lunnylad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #237 on: February 2, 2009, 06:12:49 pm »
He wouldn't have missed them sitters Keane did

He had a fairly decent back catalogue himself as I recall - air kicks, scuffs and not a lot of end product.

It's just my opinion mate - but that opinion is that he just isn't very good, and I certainly don't want him back at Anfield.

Offline cal_liverpoolfc

• Legacy Fan
  • Twitter - @cal190691
« Reply #238 on: February 2, 2009, 06:13:52 pm »
please no
"Nah nah nah, there's no rule book. Show me the rule book"

Offline Eileen

• Industries
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: February 2, 2009, 06:13:58 pm »
I think I'm the only person who actually quite likes him :s
you and his mum probably  ;)
Twitter: http://twitter.com/Eileen___
If you can speak Klingon just take your own life. It's too late for you. You can't unlearn that shit.