Author Topic: Jordan Henderson-Officially a Liverpool player- Discussion  (Read 267820 times)

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
Re: Jordan Henderson-Officially a Liverpool player- Discussion
« Reply #1120 on: June 17, 2011, 01:46:11 am »
Well said exactly how I feel about it, the art of the transfer market is signing the Hendeson's when they are 16 or 17 for small fees and moulding them into players that suit the Club's ethos. Not chucking money at a position we are if anything overstocked in.
Or, to put it another way "I can't believe we've paid cash for a young lad that's not lauded as great anymore because the mancs aren't in for him", because he was when they were interested, he was the future. Now we've signed him, he's a waste of cash.

And have you not been following what our youth has been doing and the changes it has been undergoing over the last couple of years? We've now got an excellent set up, with the best youth coaches in the world (well, ones just moved to the reserves) and we've got some of the most promising young lads in the country and in europe playing and learning here.

What we're doing at the moment is spending on younger lads than the fully established stars in an effort to build a team and a squad that's able to last beyond one title challenge. Don't be fooled into thinking that we're going to be spending this amount of money on young lads every season without fail. What we're doing is trying to plug the holes in the squad and make it stronger overall, and it's something that I welcome.

I love the way that he's now got to be sensational every fucking game he ever plays for us because we've spent cash on him. Personally i'll take him being effective in kennys system and a cog in the machine that helps us win things.

Get off his back for the moment would you, it's not his fault that we've paid whatever we've paid. Be it 13, 16, 20, or 500 million. Just let him play, learn and judge him after at the very least a full season in the side.
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1121 on: June 17, 2011, 02:04:57 am »
Well the US media might go crazy if they realise we have Jordan in the team and Le Bron James supporting Liverpool:)

We can also leak out that (Magic) Johnson and (David) Robinson plays for us too...

The jersey sales alone might get us a dream team;)

Haha nice

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #1122 on: June 17, 2011, 02:40:43 am »
i'm with you.

jordan isn't a wholly unusual name. i wouldn't have figured he was making a joke about "jordan." i just figured it was his way of saying he wanted carra out.
Unbelievable. ::)
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
Re: Jordan Henderson-Officially a Liverpool player.
« Reply #1123 on: June 17, 2011, 03:25:14 am »
Still no xabi/xavi/modric type player (maybe Raul could improve here?) but I think a good solid midfield that won't be beaten very often.

not really sure what that means.....xabi and xavi are similar, but still play the game in a different way....but at least try to control the pace and direction of a game....modric?  not sure that is his role or strength at all.....and if you want a player to direct a game like xabi or xavi then not sure you will actually find one as there are not many around who can do it to the required level....add to that noone amongst the top 4, who we are aiming to challenge, have anyone like that either....and then you would need to consider our playing pattern and style....tend to think henderson - as described in another thread by a sunderland fan - will fit well into a pass and move style, with lucas, suarez, meireles, maxi, gerrard all providing similar qualities that should improve our ball retention and movement, and our confidence

For me Xabi, Xavi, Fabregas, Inesta, Schweinsteiger, Modric, Pirlo, and Sneijder are the finest playmakers in the world. We don't really have anyone in that mould (perhaps Aqua but he seems to be on the way out). I think Suso has the potential but suspect he wants the Ozil/Messi role. I think we have an excellent midfield, and the addition of Adam would be a step closer, but can't help but notice the absence of a true playmaker amongst the ranks. Someone ala Arteta of 5 years ago wouldn't be a bad signing to complement the rest imho.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1124 on: June 17, 2011, 04:01:59 am »
Did Henderson score today? No, no he didn't.  What a terrible signing and complete waste of money.  Stupid FSG and stupid Comolli.

What's that you say? He didn't actually play today? Oh...ummm...errr.....well he didn't look great last game so there.  He'll never amount to anything never get better and MOST importantly never justify his signing fee.

What do you mean "can I see into the future"?  Are you some sort of wiseass?  I don't need to be able to see in the future to know that this was terrible signing and a panic buy.  Guaranteed.

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
Re: Jordan Henderson-Officially a Liverpool player.
« Reply #1125 on: June 17, 2011, 04:29:16 am »
For me Xabi, Xavi, Fabregas, Inesta, Schweinsteiger, Modric, Pirlo, and Sneijder are the finest playmakers in the world. We don't really have anyone in that mould (perhaps Aqua but he seems to be on the way out). I think Suso has the potential but suspect he wants the Ozil/Messi role. I think we have an excellent midfield, and the addition of Adam would be a step closer, but can't help but notice the absence of a true playmaker amongst the ranks. Someone ala Arteta of 5 years ago wouldn't be a bad signing to complement the rest imho.

Isn't that the point of a well working pass and move style? That there isn't a real need for that kind of player since the whole team (bar the centre backs) should be playmakers, and especially the midfield and attack. If you have players like Gerrard, Suarez, Kuyt and I dare to say Henderson, they're all playmakers. Quick one-twos, counter attacks, Gerrards patented 30-40 yard passes, pass and instantly move to a new positions etc. In that system there is no great need for the players you mention in my opinion.
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1126 on: June 17, 2011, 07:21:09 am »
For me Xabi, Xavi, Fabregas, Inesta, Schweinsteiger, Modric, Pirlo, and Sneijder are the finest playmakers in the world.

I think we have an excellent midfield, and the addition of Adam would be a step closer, but can't help but notice the absence of a true playmaker amongst the ranks.

Isn't that the point of a well working pass and move style? That there isn't a real need for that kind of player since the whole team (bar the centre backs) should be playmakers, and especially the midfield and attack. If you have players like Gerrard, Suarez, Kuyt and I dare to say Henderson, they're all playmakers. Quick one-twos, counter attacks, Gerrards patented 30-40 yard passes, pass and instantly move to a new positions etc. In that system there is no great need for the players you mention in my opinion.

You may be correct, and perhaps Xavi & Iniesta flatter to deceive given their presence in such a system. I am certainly comfortable with our midfield, but if we do find that we get beaten in CM more than we would like, it could well be the absence of this player.

You are correct in saying that in Gerrard, Suarez, and perhaps Meireles, we probably have enough individual brilliance to compete with anyone, even when the machine isn't working for whatever reason.

Offline TheRedMonarch8

• Main Stander
« Reply #1127 on: June 17, 2011, 07:36:33 am »
Did Henderson score today? No, no he didn't.  What a terrible signing and complete waste of money.  Stupid FSG and stupid Comolli.

What's that you say? He didn't actually play today? Oh...ummm...errr.....well he didn't look great last game so there.  He'll never amount to anything never get better and MOST importantly never justify his signing fee.

What do you mean "can I see into the future"?  Are you some sort of wiseass?  I don't need to be able to see in the future to know that this was terrible signing and a panic buy.  Guaranteed.

What a joke of a post. Hope Henderson has a blistering season and makes you eat every one of those words.

We should be getting behind each and every player that signs for us, especially these young and promising players we are buying.

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #1128 on: June 17, 2011, 07:37:38 am »
What a joke of a post. Hope Henderson has a blistering season and makes you eat every one of those words.

We should be getting behind each and every player that signs for us, especially these young and promising players we are buying.

:lmao
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline ThisIsMickey

• Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #1129 on: June 17, 2011, 07:44:20 am »

Wooooosh!
"100% of the shots you don't take don't go in"

Offline Prelude no.5

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • op.23. Thanks for everything Rafa
"We gave the fans the pride. Again. We fight for the fans, we fight for the club and we fight for our players. Maybe he cannot understand this." ~ Rafa Benitez

Offline Howard1234

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1131 on: June 17, 2011, 09:07:19 am »
Henderson is going to meet his former club in the first match

Offline Alpherah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1132 on: June 17, 2011, 09:47:28 am »
When Redknapp says "players are being signed for £20m who aren't fit to lace Luka Modric's boots" do you think he means Henderson???

I would say so.
However Modric was purchased in a period when the market was less destroyed by City and Madrid for one.
Modric was also free of the dreaded english tax.
Modric was also considered more 'finished article' then henderson is, so again you pay extra for potential.

All in all, Arry probably bid for him as well, so he can shut it.

Offline freedom

• Legacy Fan
  • ♥ You'll never walk alone ♥
« Reply #1133 on: June 17, 2011, 09:58:56 am »
Happy Birthday gorgeous!!   :lickin   ;D
Bill Shankly: " A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are. "

¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸...¸.¤*¨¨*¤.
\¸.¤ LIVERPOOL¤*¨*¤.
.\¸.¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸.¸.¤*¨¨*¤.
..\
☻/
.▌
/ \

Offline theblackhumor

• Anny Roader
  • oh boy.
« Reply #1134 on: June 17, 2011, 11:14:30 am »
We should really judge him after he's played a fair few games in a RED shirt and not for the white of the UNDER TWENTY ONES ffs.

Should also really judge him after he's been in a midfield consisting of lucas, meireles, or gerrard and not of one that consists of mancienne and rodwell.

Not everyones a Gerrard who can excel in shit teams (including england)

Offline supaerheraw

• Kopite

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1136 on: June 17, 2011, 12:47:28 pm »

lol - please tell me you realized I was joking (or that I missed your more subtle joke).

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #1137 on: June 17, 2011, 01:02:03 pm »
Well the US media might go crazy if they realise we have Jordan in the team and Le Bron James supporting Liverpool:)

We can also leak out that (Magic) Johnson and (David) Robinson plays for us too...

The jersey sales alone might get us a dream team;)

You do realise Jordon is his first name, it will say Henderson on the shirt!
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #1138 on: June 17, 2011, 02:23:03 pm »

:lmao
Man, oh man.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline ziggyy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wums should remain underground...
« Reply #1139 on: June 17, 2011, 02:44:29 pm »
You do realise Jordon is his first name, it will say Henderson on the shirt!

If that chinchilla fellow can put his pet name on his shirt, our Jordan can do the same too...

Might also appeal to the fans a of another Jordan...  imagine the shirt sales, will definitely recoup the 20/13/11 million we paid for him

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1140 on: June 17, 2011, 02:51:13 pm »
When Redknapp says "players are being signed for £20m who aren't fit to lace Luka Modric's boots" do you think he means Henderson???

Wow is that what he said? He clearly means Henderson.
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1141 on: June 17, 2011, 02:52:30 pm »
Wow is that what he said? He clearly means Henderson.

He's just bitter cause he put in a bid for Henderson and didn't get him ;)

Offline Unkenny X Man

• Main Stander
  • Always controversial. Never wrrong.
« Reply #1142 on: June 17, 2011, 02:57:11 pm »
who cares. It's Redknapp.  'Arry isn't fit to lace a sewer rat's boots.

Redknapp: "20 mil is not enough to cover my bung!"

Offline Noelle

• iverpoo?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1143 on: June 17, 2011, 03:29:15 pm »

If he had Poulsen on his books he'd be looking to flog him for no less than 30m. Ignore the man.

Offline "21C or 70F?" SchizoidWeatherMan!

• Me, I'm Touchy.....which is why I am so fond of a happy ending ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #1144 on: June 17, 2011, 04:37:48 pm »
I hope this lad goes on and proves me utterly and completely wrong. I am putting my trust in Kenny at the moment and see how it develops. He must've seen something which my(unqualified) eyes missed this season.

Phuk yoo

Offline evie

• "Might have to think about it for a bit, k? No! That's not what I meant! Damn....." Prefers to hold it in.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hero
« Reply #1145 on: June 18, 2011, 12:26:52 am »
Get to absolute fuck.

dunno why but this expression amuses me ;D

so im gonna use that one if you dont mind

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1146 on: June 18, 2011, 12:52:09 am »
Happy Birthday gorgeous!!   :lickin   ;D

It's not my birthday but thanks anyway :)

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #1147 on: June 18, 2011, 12:59:06 am »

100%. He's going t oextre pissed when Chelsea sign him for 24M next week. ;)
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline The Red artist.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • With hope in your heart.
« Reply #1148 on: June 18, 2011, 12:59:51 am »

Deary me.
Y.N.W.A....J.F.T.96.

Offline BigMarcs

• Would like an R with his Mac...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1149 on: June 18, 2011, 05:19:10 am »
Having watched a few games of Sunderland last season and can say that Henderson was quite clearly a step up from the rest of the midfield - not that thats saying much when you have Muntari, Cattermole .etc. but you could see he was a smart player - not really a game breaker, but a team player. Constantly kept possession, waited for the right moments to pass, cross. I think he will only do better with better players around him, so before any one judges him, wait a season and see how he performs, I have a feeling he'll surprise alot of you.

That being said, I still think he's been bought for too much (I know even for english players) - 16mill or 20mill which has been reported. Liverpool could have picked up better players for cheaper, but if thats the direction in which Comolli and Dalglish want to go then fair play to them, its good they're sticking with it and targeting players like Jones, Dann, Wickham - however I think the money can be attributed elsewhere as some home grown youth players are coming up at the moment from the academy and theres no real obligation to buy homegrown talent.

In 6-7 years time if Henderson is still at Anfield, then that money will be deemed to be well spent. I would love for him to make an impact at Liverpool and I hope he does as I do rate him, but I do have a few doubts which hopefully can be proved wrong.
Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/bigcreds

Offline freedom

• Legacy Fan
  • ♥ You'll never walk alone ♥
« Reply #1150 on: June 18, 2011, 08:01:23 am »
It's not my birthday but thanks anyway :)

:nirnir  ;D
Bill Shankly: " A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are. "

¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸...¸.¤*¨¨*¤.
\¸.¤ LIVERPOOL¤*¨*¤.
.\¸.¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸.¸.¤*¨¨*¤.
..\
☻/
.▌
/ \

Offline Stan.

• drinks warm piss, and come back to him when Owen actually joins utd. Until then leeeeeave Micky aloooone!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1151 on: June 18, 2011, 08:33:00 am »
Although it was a bit of a classless comment from Redknapp, he has a valid point.  Modric is 25 years old and is a sublime footballer.  I would say if he goes for anywhere near £20m, give or take a few million quid, I know who I would've gone for out of the two.  Henderson is a real prospect and may well turn out as good if not better, but he's just that - a prospect. 

Perhaps the club are looking at very young players in order to safe-guard themselves for the next 10 years with the FFP rules kicking in etc. 
Someday soon everyone will know the truth.  96 never forgotten.

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #1152 on: June 18, 2011, 09:17:48 am »
For the last fucking time, we didn't pay 20m for Henderson. Redknapp can jump off a cliff.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1153 on: June 18, 2011, 09:52:07 am »
Although it was a bit of a classless comment from Redknapp, he has a valid point.  Modric is 25 years old and is a sublime footballer.  I would say if he goes for anywhere near £20m, give or take a few million quid, I know who I would've gone for out of the two.  Henderson is a real prospect and may well turn out as good if not better, but he's just that - a prospect. 

Perhaps the club are looking at very young players in order to safe-guard themselves for the next 10 years with the FFP rules kicking in etc. 

Liverpool don't currently have Chelsea's pulling power. Would you rather the management save their money until top 4 is achieved, and only then start splashing out? If Redknapp and his ilk wanted Liverpool to have a chance at targets like Modric once the budget was there, they should have backed Benitez rather than the Purslow revolution. Without a European track record, which Dalglish doesn't have in the CL era (and for players outside the Anglosphere, that's what matters), bargains are harder to come by.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Breitner

• Charles 'Charlie' Charles says: "No more tactics God damn you. This is Association Football!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1154 on: June 18, 2011, 09:55:11 am »

Not that I'm bothered but when you factor in Ngog going the opposite direction the fee is probably closer to 11/12 million, most of which is paid in installemnts. Don't fall for the sensationalist media line, especially when plebians like Redknapp start to manipulate it.
If you can't trust Kenny, you need to find another club, seriously.

Offline Stan.

• drinks warm piss, and come back to him when Owen actually joins utd. Until then leeeeeave Micky aloooone!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1155 on: June 18, 2011, 12:48:59 pm »
No, I know we didn't pay £20m (I did say give or take a few million ;) ).  I take your points, but all I was saying is that even at £20m (arguably a fair bit more too) Modric would be better value for money, at least for the short-term.  Ok if he commands a fee like £30m-£40m that's a totally different kettle of fish.  As for whether he'd come here, who knows?
Someday soon everyone will know the truth.  96 never forgotten.

Offline NOTBORNIN1982

• and neither is he the best poster on here, not even close in fact. Maybe the 1982nd.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand
« Reply #1156 on: June 18, 2011, 12:52:30 pm »
No, I know we didn't pay £20m (I did say give or take a few million ;) ).  I take your points, but all I was saying is that even at £20m (arguably a fair bit more too) Modric would be better value for money, at least for the short-term.  Ok if he commands a fee like £30m-£40m that's a totally different kettle of fish.  As for whether he'd come here, who knows?

Modric wont leave for anything under 30M
"How much do you smoke, sir? Two packs a day, is that right? Pussy. I go through two lighters a day. That's right, two lighters! You're a health nut compared to me."

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1157 on: June 18, 2011, 12:55:51 pm »
What's Redknapp said anyway?

Offline Raoul Duke

• Is Boris Johnson.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1158 on: June 18, 2011, 12:59:49 pm »
No, I know we didn't pay £20m (I did say give or take a few million ;) ).  I take your points, but all I was saying is that even at £20m (arguably a fair bit more too) Modric would be better value for money, at least for the short-term. Ok if he commands a fee like £30m-£40m that's a totally different kettle of fish.  As for whether he'd come here, who knows?

No, he wouldn't. Henderson has far superior stats to Modric, and plays in a worse team that scored less goals last season. I think Modric is unbelievably overrated.
Fool, if it wasn't for Sergei here, both you and your cousin be cadaverous mo'fuckers.

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #1159 on: June 18, 2011, 01:21:50 pm »
What's Redknapp said anyway?

Indirectly said Henderson is not fit to lace modrics boots.
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko