Author Topic: Europa League 2023/2024  (Read 53930 times)

Offline pl_kop_1969

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Europa League 2023/2024
« Reply #1040 on: April 10, 2024, 08:09:33 am »
I actually think it's pretty tight, looking for same names and same CC numbers being used multiple times, at least thats what they said and if you do then all you applications get cancelled.

I've read through the FAQ page and it just mentions if the same person with different email addresses opens multiple accounts. I haven't put any payment details in yet so presumably that would only kick in if someone had multiple successful entries. I'm guessing the people that do the organised industrial hoovering up of tickets for most games will be set up to enter 1000s of times. If we get there, Croke Park or a bar in Dublin is looking far more likely :-)

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #1041 on: April 10, 2024, 08:13:37 am »
I've read through the FAQ page and it just mentions if the same person with different email addresses opens multiple accounts. I haven't put any payment details in yet so presumably that would only kick in if someone had multiple successful entries. I'm guessing the people that do the organised industrial hoovering up of tickets for most games will be set up to enter 1000s of times. If we get there, Croke Park or a bar in Dublin is looking far more likely :-)

You need to put in passport address etc. when opening a new account. They’d need to be unique.
Long live the King

Offline pl_kop_1969

• Main Stander
« Reply #1042 on: April 10, 2024, 08:24:21 am »
You need to put in passport address etc. when opening a new account. They’d need to be unique.

It must have my passport details from 2022. Looked in my account details and can't see them so not sure what you'd do if your passport expired and you wanted to change details. I remember the discussions before Paris and the view was that they will just be checking for unique numbers/name combination as they wouldn't be able to even check if it was a valid format across all the different countries.

Offline apassant77

• Kopite
« Reply #1043 on: April 10, 2024, 09:38:02 am »
I'm not 100% sure but I've seen some people that have been able to change passport details once successful during the payment process

Offline tgi91

• Main Stander
« Reply #1044 on: April 10, 2024, 01:24:15 pm »
For the general ballot through UEFA, you can specify what category ticket you'd want, and then can accept a category one higher or lower if you get any.

Based on % of seats in each category, is it best specifying going for Cat 2 rather than 3, as although you'd end up with a pricier ticket, there's surely more band 1 tickets than band 4 doing the rounds?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 01:29:55 pm by tgi91 »

Online RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1045 on: April 10, 2024, 03:01:09 pm »
For the general ballot through UEFA, you can specify what category ticket you'd want, and then can accept a category one higher or lower if you get any.

Based on % of seats in each category, is it best specifying going for Cat 2 rather than 3, as although you'd end up with a pricier ticket, there's surely more band 1 tickets than band 4 doing the rounds?

nobody really knows, there is no point overthinking this imo
YNWA.

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #1046 on: April 10, 2024, 03:05:48 pm »
nobody really knows, there is no point overthinking this imo

I agree. This discussion comes around every time we get to a European final.

First year im not even thinking about, just going for it. Odds of getting a ticket will be worse year on year as so many of our fans are now clued up on these ballots

Offline Strummer77

• Legacy Fan
  • @AlexDavis90
« Reply #1047 on: April 10, 2024, 03:52:54 pm »

It doesn't say one higher or one lower now, just says 'another category'

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1048 on: April 10, 2024, 03:57:03 pm »
It doesn't say one higher or one lower now, just says 'another category'

In the FAQs it does

Offline Strummer77

• Legacy Fan
  • @AlexDavis90
« Reply #1049 on: April 10, 2024, 04:22:28 pm »
In the FAQs it does

True. But to be honest, I imagine all of the categories would oversubscribed as it is, so i doubt this option comes into play.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 05:16:41 pm by Strummer77 »

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1050 on: April 10, 2024, 06:11:07 pm »
Benfica cancel Marseille fans’ tickets after warnings of violence in Europa League clash
Benfica were warned of potential violence from travelling Marseille fans by the authorities

Marseille fans have had their allocation for the upcoming match against Benfica cancelled

Benfica have cancelled away fans’ tickets for their home Europa League clash against Olympique de Marseille on Thursday after being warned of potential violence by authorities.

Portugal’s Benfica host Marseille in the first leg of the Europa League quarter-final tie on Thursday at the Estadio da Luz in Lisbon, with the second leg taking place at the Stade Velodrome in France later this month.

Last week, French authorities barred Benfica fans from attending the second leg.

In a joint statement on Sunday, both clubs urged authorities from both countries to allow the presence of fans at the two matches.

On Tuesday, Benfica cancelled the tickets already issued and purchased by Marseille fans for the first leg encounter.

The Portuguese club said they had been warned by authorities of a threat to public order “namely through the perpetration of acts of violence associated with sport involving fans of both clubs, as well as with the security forces.”

Benfica added that the authorities’ decision to ban fans “jeopardises the spirit of the European competitions by depriving them of the presence of the fans of Marseille and Benfica.”

In a statement, Marseille said they would do “everything in its power in the interests of its supporters to ensure that they attend Thursday’s match in Lisbon.

“OM will continue its efforts until it has won the case for its supporters, whose behaviour has been exemplary this season in the European Cup.”

Marseille’s matches have often been marred by fan violence.

Olympique Lyonnais manager Fabio Grosso suffered a serious eye injury when their bus was attacked by Marseille fans on its way to Stade Velodrome in October.

In 2022, a Europa Conference League semi-final between Olympique Marseille and Feyenoord was preceded by violent clashes between fans of both clubs.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/benfica-marseilla-europa-league-fan-violence-b2526393.html?loginSuccessful=true

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #1051 on: April 10, 2024, 06:54:02 pm »
We don't have a reputation of kicking off with other teams supporters so I can't see this being an issue for us (I hope)! if we get through to the semis.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline stefbs

• Main Stander
« Reply #1052 on: April 10, 2024, 06:59:31 pm »
Benfica cancel Marseille fans’ tickets after warnings of violence in Europa League clash
Benfica were warned of potential violence from travelling Marseille fans by the authorities

Marseille fans have had their allocation for the upcoming match against Benfica cancelled

Benfica have cancelled away fans’ tickets for their home Europa League clash against Olympique de Marseille on Thursday after being warned of potential violence by authorities.

Portugal’s Benfica host Marseille in the first leg of the Europa League quarter-final tie on Thursday at the Estadio da Luz in Lisbon, with the second leg taking place at the Stade Velodrome in France later this month.

Last week, French authorities barred Benfica fans from attending the second leg.

In a joint statement on Sunday, both clubs urged authorities from both countries to allow the presence of fans at the two matches.

On Tuesday, Benfica cancelled the tickets already issued and purchased by Marseille fans for the first leg encounter.

The Portuguese club said they had been warned by authorities of a threat to public order “namely through the perpetration of acts of violence associated with sport involving fans of both clubs, as well as with the security forces.”

Benfica added that the authorities’ decision to ban fans “jeopardises the spirit of the European competitions by depriving them of the presence of the fans of Marseille and Benfica.”

In a statement, Marseille said they would do “everything in its power in the interests of its supporters to ensure that they attend Thursday’s match in Lisbon.

“OM will continue its efforts until it has won the case for its supporters, whose behaviour has been exemplary this season in the European Cup.”

Marseille’s matches have often been marred by fan violence.

Olympique Lyonnais manager Fabio Grosso suffered a serious eye injury when their bus was attacked by Marseille fans on its way to Stade Velodrome in October.

In 2022, a Europa Conference League semi-final between Olympique Marseille and Feyenoord was preceded by violent clashes between fans of both clubs.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/benfica-marseilla-europa-league-fan-violence-b2526393.html?loginSuccessful=true

How pathetic is that? Why do fans want to go abroad and fight against each other? That's ultras for you

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1053 on: April 10, 2024, 07:01:54 pm »
How pathetic is that? Why do fans want to go abroad and fight against each other? That's ultras for you

Marseille supporters are mental. I went to watch Nice-Marseille a few months ago and some of the Marseille fans were in the home end, they got battered when some of the Nice fans realised.

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #1054 on: April 10, 2024, 07:21:12 pm »
Marseille supporters are mental. I went to watch Nice-Marseille a few months ago and some of the Marseille fans were in the home end, they got battered when some of the Nice fans realised.

Not very Nice.
Long live the King

Offline uppercentenary92

• Main Stander
« Reply #1055 on: April 11, 2024, 01:55:15 pm »
Unsure if posted before but these are the details for Marseille v Brighton this season

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/3680901/important-information-for-fans-travelling-to-marseille

Cant imagine they chop and change collection and transport points so would assume this will apply to us, if we get past Atalanta and then draw Marseille !

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #1056 on: April 11, 2024, 02:58:30 pm »
Unsure if posted before but these are the details for Marseille v Brighton this season

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/3680901/important-information-for-fans-travelling-to-marseille

Cant imagine they chop and change collection and transport points so would assume this will apply to us, if we get past Atalanta and then draw Marseille !

Oh joy. Napoli all over.
Long live the King

Online includo

• Main Stander
« Reply #1057 on: April 11, 2024, 04:57:52 pm »
Have to say I would be gutted if it was x of 25 for the semi as I have both rangers and napoli, IF it was to be determined like that would these credits be useless or be used in bigger allocations next year?

Offline apassant77

• Kopite
« Reply #1058 on: April 11, 2024, 10:00:09 pm »
Doubt you need to worry now

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #1059 on: April 11, 2024, 10:17:42 pm »
Just saying what has happened in other competitions so people aren't surprised IF this happens IF we beat Atalanta, who are bang in form atm

They’ve won 1 in 7 in Serie A.

EDIT: 1 in 6. The other loss vs Fiorentina was in the cup.

Back in form..

Offline benitezexpletives

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1060 on: April 12, 2024, 10:14:19 am »
Too many chickens counted ...

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1061 on: April 12, 2024, 11:41:15 am »
Back in form..

If you're not showing a response to the United game against as team in very average form, 6th place in their league 32 points behind the leaders, 1 win in 6 league games you never will.

Offline RandalstownRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #1062 on: April 16, 2024, 03:26:30 pm »
So I have missed the uefa ballots? Was it open for 1 day? Was it communicated?

Online anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #1063 on: April 16, 2024, 04:30:55 pm »
So I have missed the uefa ballots? Was it open for 1 day? Was it communicated?
It was open for a week, was published and announced by UEFA last week, closed at 11am today
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline RandalstownRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #1064 on: April 16, 2024, 04:37:22 pm »
It was open for a week, was published and announced by UEFA last week, closed at 11am today

Thanks

Offline PoetryInMotion96

• Anny Roader
  • His First Name Is Lucas
« Reply #1065 on: April 20, 2024, 11:09:17 am »
Well now I have come to terms with it, it, probably need to make some plans with what I do with my travel to Dublin. I am only going on the one day, what was the day of the game but just wondering if anybody else is still still going if they have booked travel? Drop us a message if anyone is going and fancy a beer

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #1066 on: April 20, 2024, 02:32:12 pm »
Well now I have come to terms with it, it, probably need to make some plans with what I do with my travel to Dublin. I am only going on the one day, what was the day of the game but just wondering if anybody else is still still going if they have booked travel? Drop us a message if anyone is going and fancy a beer

I only had my hotel booked so have cancelled that now.

Did you put yourself in the uefa ballot for tickets? Still a game of footy and could be a decent final still

Offline PoetryInMotion96

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1067 on: April 21, 2024, 09:36:31 am »
I only had my hotel booked so have cancelled that now.

Did you put yourself in the uefa ballot for tickets? Still a game of footy and could be a decent final still

Yes mate but already have tickets through a mate in the neutral end if I missed out in our club ballot. I think I am still going to the game, just the day time really. Still be sound but a bit demoralising at the same time 😂

Online anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #1068 on: April 21, 2024, 03:16:55 pm »
I was on the StenaLine day of and day after... but cancelled it for a refund - admin fee.. did debate going over but will just have a footy break after the Wolves game
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline PoetryInMotion96

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1069 on: April 21, 2024, 06:37:05 pm »
I was on the StenaLine day of and day after... but cancelled it for a refund - admin fee.. did debate going over but will just have a footy break after the Wolves game

Yeah to be fair if I could get a refund I would but Ryanair. My pal is coming now so all good but offer still stands for anyone

Offline wewonit5timesinistanbul

• Kopite
« Reply #1070 on: April 21, 2024, 07:11:08 pm »
Yeah to be fair if I could get a refund I would but Ryanair. My pal is coming now so all good but offer still stands for anyone

If I get tickets in the ballot Ill be doing a day trip on ferry with my Lad. Will PM you if successful

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #1071 on: April 21, 2024, 08:51:26 pm »
Do we know anything about what happens for the end of the season in Liverpool? There was talk of a possible parade due to Klopp leaving, but I'm not sure how much support that idea would still have after the past couple of weeks. Any end-of-season-do planned by Boss Night or something like that? I had a trip to Dublin planned, but can't be arsed going when we're not there, so was thinking about going to Liverpool instead for a few days.

Offline PoetryInMotion96

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1072 on: April 22, 2024, 08:33:53 am »
If I get tickets in the ballot Ill be doing a day trip on ferry with my Lad. Will PM you if successful

Sounds great

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #1073 on: April 22, 2024, 10:08:53 am »

I'm going too. Flying out early morning and back on the Thursday, I did go in the ballot through uefa but unsure on the odds on that.

Be hilarious that they'll be a good few of us over there.😂

Online RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1074 on: April 22, 2024, 11:31:56 am »
not having a go at anyone, but when 'neutral' fans take our tickets don't we all normally get a bit annoyed? like 2/4 of the teams remaining have sizeable fanbases albeit maybe they won't travel/sell the entire ground. i'm not going to use my flights (and can cancel one leg anyway), but i certainly wouldn't buy tickets to another final personally.
YNWA.

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #1075 on: April 22, 2024, 11:49:42 am »
They don't really take our tickets.

My issue is that they make so many available in a neutral section. Either way having been in one "neutral" section at Wembley for the league cup final, it was mostly reds.

Online RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1076 on: April 22, 2024, 12:44:02 pm »
They don't really take our tickets.

My issue is that they make so many available in a neutral section. Either way having been in one "neutral" section at Wembley for the league cup final, it was mostly reds.

it's mainly reds because it's a lot of well connected corporate reds, or those able to afford touted prices. not trying to put a damper on your time there, just personally i wouldn't want to be part of what i perceive to be part of 'the problem' of people just turning up for the experience.
YNWA.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #1077 on: April 22, 2024, 02:49:17 pm »
not having a go at anyone, but when 'neutral' fans take our tickets don't we all normally get a bit annoyed? like 2/4 of the teams remaining have sizeable fanbases albeit maybe they won't travel/sell the entire ground. i'm not going to use my flights (and can cancel one leg anyway), but i certainly wouldn't buy tickets to another final personally.

It's a UEFA ballot, so if you were successful and didn't take the ticket where do you think it would end up?  It wouldn't go direct to either of the clubs in the final, it would go to someone else who was successful in the ballot, a sponsor, or a tout.

it's mainly reds because it's a lot of well connected corporate reds, or those able to afford touted prices. not trying to put a damper on your time there, just personally i wouldn't want to be part of what i perceive to be part of 'the problem' of people just turning up for the experience.

The problem is the way tickets are distributed to the clubs in the final and the ones who tout the tickets for extortionate prices.  The person buying a F/V ticket from a valid ballot isn't the problem IMO, if they don't buy it then someone else will, and if you have every intention of going to the game, then it's one less ticket that could end up in a touts hands. 

I cancelled my accommodation as I was able to get a full refund, but if I'd spent a bit on travel and accommodation and wasn't able to cancel, then I'd still go for the break, especially if I was successful in the UEFA ballot.

Offline benitezexpletives

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1078 on: April 22, 2024, 03:01:21 pm »
Surely people hoovering up hotel rooms and flights long before their team has made it only adds to the difficulties of supporters attending a European final?

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #1079 on: April 22, 2024, 03:15:45 pm »
Surely people hoovering up hotel rooms and flights long before their team has made it only adds to the difficulties of supporters attending a European final?

I took a look on Thursday after we were officially out and the number of rooms available had increased.

I'm guessing most had booked hotels that could be cancelled