Author Topic: MLS Thread  (Read 81041 times)

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: MLS Thread
« Reply #680 on: December 7, 2023, 06:14:08 pm »
MLS Final is on Saturday,Columbus  v LAFC. It's 4 p.m eastern on Fox.Seems like they've managed to drag these play offs longer than eve, dunno if anyone cares outside the two clubs guess we'll see if anyone shows up down the pub.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #681 on: February 6, 2024, 10:36:53 am »
Lionel Messi defends injury absence in Hong Kong friendly after fans boo

Forward Lionel Messi has defended himself after local fans booed Inter Miami because he missed a pre-season friendly in Hong Kong.

Inter beat a League XI 4-1 in front of almost 40,000 fans on Sunday, with Argentina captain Messi left on the bench because of a hamstring problem.

The Hong Kong government said Messi was contracted to play at least 45 minutes.

"I always want to play, especially in these games where we travel so far and people want to see our games," he said.

"Unfortunately this happens in football. In any game it can happen that you can't play.

"I hope we can return and play a game in Hong Kong."

Supporters in a near-capacity crowd of 38,323 at Hong Kong Stadium each paid more then HK$1,000 (£101) for a ticket.

There were chants of "We want Messi" in the second half as the World Cup winner remained sat among the substitutes.

When he failed to make it on the pitch, there were then chants of "Refund", before Inter co-owner David Beckham was drowned out by jeers as he tried to thank supporters during a speech after full-time.
I've paid my £101 so I demand to see an injured Messi hobbling about the pitch!!

The whole thing is a grim indictment of the modern game and it's not a huge surprise that the self-promoting Becks is at the heart of it.  I've some sympathy for Messi - only some as he must have known he was getting hundreds of $m to be a marketing object - but I've no sympathy for Beckham.  Brand Beckham has always been at odds with my view of football but I appreciate I'm an old fuddy duddy.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #682 on: February 6, 2024, 02:03:48 pm »
I've paid my £101 so I demand to see an injured Messi hobbling about the pitch!!

The whole thing is a grim indictment of the modern game and it's not a huge surprise that the self-promoting Becks is at the heart of it.  I've some sympathy for Messi - only some as he must have known he was getting hundreds of $m to be a marketing object - but I've no sympathy for Beckham.  Brand Beckham has always been at odds with my view of football but I appreciate I'm an old fuddy duddy.

Beckham is one of the most overrated footballers ever, he had no skill sets other than a cross, free kick, or long ball, & somehow forged a career with top clubs, & because one of those clubs was United he gets the nauseating wankfest he doesn't deserve.
#Sausages

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #683 on: February 8, 2024, 04:22:58 pm »
Latest instalment: Messi came on as a sub for a friendly in Japan and heads have fallen off in China over the great conspiracy.

Lionel Messi: Chinese fury as superstar plays in Japan after missing Hong Kong match

Lionel Messi played in a Japan friendly after missing a match in Hong Kong, leaving Chinese fans seething and sparking conspiracy theories.

State media outlet Global Times accused the footballer and his club Inter Miami of "political motives" with the aim of "embarrassing" Hong Kong.
It's not generally been a great tour for the Inter Miami Globetrotters.  Poor results and performances on the pitch and bad PR off it.  Never mind.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #684 on: February 8, 2024, 05:47:38 pm »
Messi's 36 and he needs his minutes well rationed. The more the sponsors and circuses demand he plays, the less he will play because he'll be injured and the less he'll contribute in general.

We've seen this nonsense with Salah and Egypt. If he's injured, he's injured. Tough shit.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #685 on: March 23, 2024, 06:15:34 pm »
winless Revs at home to Chicago in the rain at Foxboro,https://freestreams-live1se.nu/mls-1/.Anyone wanna do a headcount for fans!

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #686 on: March 23, 2024, 08:01:24 pm »
winless Revs at home to Chicago in the rain at Foxboro,https://freestreams-live1se.nu/mls-1/.Anyone wanna do a headcount for fans!

handbags... ;D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #687 on: April 24, 2024, 06:36:20 pm »
The Messi roadshow rolls into Foxboro Saturday,60,000 tickets sold so far,https://www.cbsnews.com/boston/news/lionel-messi-inter-miami-new-england-revolution-gillette-stadium-record-crowd-will-messi-play-tom-brady-mls/. Revolution have been sucking it up so far this year.Miami unsurprisingly are not.So bottom v top upset? Luis Suarez has 6 goals so far dunno if he's fit for the plastic pitch.Revs have 5 as a team.