Author Topic: Cancer  (Read 247996 times)

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
Re: Cancer
« Reply #2440 on: February 28, 2020, 11:21:07 am »
My dad has had cancer for 10 years.   Couple of wedges out out of the lunges and a
Nodule off the kidney.     We were told in the summer it had spread to his liver and adrenal gland.    He had palliative chemo which had stopped any further Spread.    Just over two weeks ago he had a stroke and a heart attack.    Still In hospital and due to being so week he cannot have any treatment for the cancer.   

Offline The Bournemouth Red

• 43 year old Muppet fan and proud. I decide. And so does my wife!
  • Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #2441 on: February 28, 2020, 11:28:35 am »
My dad has had cancer for 10 years.   Couple of wedges out out of the lunges and a
Nodule off the kidney.     We were told in the summer it had spread to his liver and adrenal gland.    He had palliative chemo which had stopped any further Spread.    Just over two weeks ago he had a stroke and a heart attack.    Still In hospital and due to being so week he cannot have any treatment for the cancer.

My thoughts with your Dad and your family, too.  Wishing him a speedy recovery.
Falling down, getting up, always Red.

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2442 on: February 28, 2020, 11:31:06 am »
My thoughts with your Dad and your family, too.  Wishing him a speedy recovery.

Cheers mate.    I usually speak to him every night on the phone.   His speech is Badly affected so it’s not possible.    It’s really hit me the last couple of days.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2443 on: February 28, 2020, 11:38:10 am »
Thinking of all of you affected by this bastard disease.  It hangs over everyone as soon as it touches you [emoji179]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2444 on: March 2, 2020, 03:35:38 pm »
My dad passed away at 3.40 this morning.    I’m heart broken

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #2445 on: March 2, 2020, 03:41:34 pm »

So sorry to hear mate, condolences to you and the family :(

RIP

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2446 on: March 2, 2020, 03:42:09 pm »
Very sad to hear that mate, condolences to you and your family :(

• Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #2447 on: March 2, 2020, 03:49:03 pm »

Such sad news, thoughts with you and your family.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2448 on: March 2, 2020, 04:42:49 pm »
Sorry to hear that.

The wife of one of my best mates has just found out she's got breast cancer. She's only 34 with a couple of young kids. They had thought it may have spread to the lymph nodes but seems they've found it in time which is a bit of good news.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2449 on: March 2, 2020, 07:46:57 pm »
That's terrible for you. Condolences mate.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2450 on: March 2, 2020, 07:57:22 pm »
So sorry for your loss mate [emoji174]

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #2451 on: March 2, 2020, 08:18:23 pm »

Sorry for your loss mate...
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2452 on: March 2, 2020, 08:55:37 pm »
Latest checkup for my son came back all clear again.  That's 18mths now!

Offline Socratease

• RAWK Philosopher
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red & White Kop
« Reply #2453 on: March 3, 2020, 01:36:33 am »
The biopsy for my wife is set for the latter half of the morning.

She is anxious as a very long needle will have to penetrate her chest wall to go through her lung to grab (click click) a sample of the cells.

The click click is the sound of grasping a sample, it is a bit like clicking/pushing the top of your pen twice to use it to write upon paper.

The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.

Socrates

Offline Socratease

• RAWK Philosopher
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2454 on: March 4, 2020, 01:29:37 am »
The biopsy was successful, but, there is always a risk.

Unfortunately, my wife has suffered a pneumothorax - a bleed of air from the lung into the chest wall. I am not long back from the hospital and they are goiing to check the pneumothorax by X-ray in the morning unless a severe tightening in her chest and breathing becomes painful during the night - which means an aspiration of the lung may become necessary, causing a re-inflation of the lung. If this were to happen it could cause a heavy workload on her heart.

The doctors, consultants and nurses have been top notch and they do the NHS proud.

I am still really worried about what the future holds in regard to health for my beautiful Babe.

« Last Edit: March 4, 2020, 01:58:12 am by Socratease »

Socrates

Offline Socratease

• RAWK Philosopher
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2455 on: March 13, 2020, 01:56:42 am »
We got a call from one of the consultants this morning to take my wife into hospital as soon as possible due to evidence of a left-lung partial deflation (significant) since/due to the biopsy of her left lung (a pneumothorax ensued).

The procedure to remove the air pocket was quiet immediate., and extremely painful - despite local anaesthetic within the puncture point and the deeper injection. into the left chest wall through the intercostal muscle severel inches below her left armpit just above her left breast. The pressure released was significant as my wife cried out that she could not breathe (with pain) and the release caused a substantial amount of bubbling in the container below on the floor in the sanitised water container..

I held her right hand and held up her left arm at her elbow throughout the procedure and I witnessed each and every step. She made it clear that she felt safe if I was present ~ so I was. She said to me that the procedure was the most painful she had ever experienced in her life. Her gripping of my hand and her shouting at the pain are a testament of this.

My wife still has the drainage canular within her chest, and she will have another X ray in the morning to confirm her lung reinflation. Her pain relief is signiificant and helping.

We are waiting for a confirmation of a PETS scan soon.
The biopsy shows small cell and not large. growth. It is highly aggressive, but this also means that the cancer is highly susceptible to chemotherapy. It is possible it could reappear in the future and wiil have to be zapped again.

The first Chemo starts Friday of next week.

Socrates

• Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #2456 on: March 13, 2020, 05:26:10 am »
Your wife's a brave woman with what she's going through, and so are you, mate, having to be strong for her.

Hoping the therapy works, thoughts with you both.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2457 on: March 13, 2020, 08:25:46 am »
We got a call from one of the consultants this morning to take my wife into hospital as soon as possible due to evidence of a left-lung partial deflation (significant) since/due to the biopsy of her left lung (a pneumothorax ensued).

The procedure to remove the air pocket was quiet immediate., and extremely painful - despite local anaesthetic within the puncture point and the deeper injection. into the left chest wall through the intercostal muscle severel inches below her left armpit just above her left breast. The pressure released was significant as my wife cried out that she could not breathe (with pain) and the release caused a substantial amount of bubbling in the container below on the floor in the sanitised water container..

I held her right hand and held up her left arm at her elbow throughout the procedure and I witnessed each and every step. She made it clear that she felt safe if I was present ~ so I was. She said to me that the procedure was the most painful she had ever experienced in her life. Her gripping of my hand and her shouting at the pain are a testament of this.

My wife still has the drainage canular within her chest, and she will have another X ray in the morning to confirm her lung reinflation. Her pain relief is signiificant and helping.

We are waiting for a confirmation of a PETS scan soon.
The biopsy shows small cell and not large. growth. It is highly aggressive, but this also means that the cancer is highly susceptible to chemotherapy. It is possible it could reappear in the future and wiil have to be zapped again.

The first Chemo starts Friday of next week.

Hoping for the best for both of you mate.

Online kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #2458 on: March 16, 2020, 12:27:21 am »
So....

I texted my tabla player who I was doing Kirtan / Bhajans with . He was popping up in my head recently. He gets back to me saying that he was diagnosed in September and was given a few months but the cannabis oil is keeping him here.  We had a good chat on gratitude on enjoying our time on the earthly plane . It was emotional. He's invited me to his for a session of music . It makes me emotional just thinking about it.

Satchinananda.

He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #2459 on: March 16, 2020, 09:01:37 am »

My sincere condolences to you and your family. Wish you a long life.
YNWA

-Johnny
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #2460 on: March 16, 2020, 10:23:00 am »

Just seen this now....

So sorry for your loss. Thoughts are with you and your family. YNWA!

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2461 on: March 16, 2020, 10:25:19 am »
Sorry for your loss.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Socratease

• RAWK Philosopher
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2462 on: March 23, 2020, 11:31:44 pm »

We got a telephone call today at 2pm from my wife's appointed cancer nurse with the results of the PET CT scan taken from last Wednesday. My wife had her 1st chemotherapy last Friday.

She told us that the scan showed that the cancer was not confined to the one place in the lung as first thought from the intial CT scan, but it was also present in the lymph node of the pancreas and in the actual pancreas itself. It also showed it was present in the bone of her left upper arm. This affects the prognosis and life expectancy from the medical point of view. This is heart breaking news.

However, we, with great support from our family, are still going to fight it!!!

I have witnessed people who have been diagnosed with cancer and given 6 months to live, but they have lived for years more.

Science can be exact, but no matter what, it can never be precise in regard to what nature and chance can throw at you.

I truly wish you all good health ~ take good care of yourselves, and look after your loved ones.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 11:35:45 pm by Socratease »

Socrates

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2463 on: March 24, 2020, 01:18:26 am »
Don't come into this thread often, but I'm well acquainted with losing a few loved ones to this.

Really is horrible and there are no words..  But really, really sorry for your loss.

As has been said. Look after yourselves and look after others. No one knows how long they have allotted or how quickly it may be gone.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Socratease

• RAWK Philosopher
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2464 on: March 24, 2020, 02:32:16 am »
Don't come into this thread often, but I'm well acquainted with losing a few loved ones to this.

Really is horrible and there are no words..  But really, really sorry for your loss.

As has been said. Look after yourselves and look after others. No one knows how long they have allotted or how quickly it may be gone.

I lost my father to leukeamia (I know it is mispelt, I'm tired and off to bed).

Appreciated mate.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 02:42:07 am by Socratease »

Socrates

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #2465 on: March 24, 2020, 09:37:15 am »
    We got a telephone call today at 2pm from my wife's appointed cancer nurse with the results of the PET CT scan taken from last Wednesday. My wife had her 1st chemotherapy last Friday.

She told us that the scan showed that the cancer was not confined to the one place in the lung as first thought from the intial CT scan, but it was also present in the lymph node of the pancreas and in the actual pancreas itself. It also showed it was present in the bone of her left upper arm. This affects the prognosis and life expectancy from the medical point of view. This is heart breaking news.

I have witnessed people who have been diagnosed with cancer and given 6 months to live, but they have lived for years more.

Science can be exact, but no matter what, it can never be precise in regard to what nature and chance can throw at you.

I truly wish you all good health ~ take good care of yourselves, and look after your loved ones.

Horrible, just horrible.  All my love and best wishes to herself and yourself.  Keep fighting the good fight  :wave
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2466 on: March 24, 2020, 09:38:40 am »

No words mate [emoji26][emoji179]

Offline Socratease

• RAWK Philosopher
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2467 on: March 25, 2020, 01:55:52 am »
Thank you for your kind responses.

Dealing with mortality is very frightening, I can't lose my wife!

I won't let her go without a fierce fight, even against the odds ~ I love her too much to lose her without standing up and battling on.

WE are going to fight on, despite the increased odds.

My wife said to me, "Lift up your chin! It's not as if I am leaving next week!".

She has stength and will power. The chemotherapy is quite tiring for her and there might be radiotherapy to come - which is even more difficult to cope with.

I pray we will get through this year together, and many more years to come.

As I wrote;

We will walk on, and not prematurely alone, through the storm.

Socrates

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #2468 on: March 25, 2020, 07:04:01 am »
All the best to your wife in her fight. Stay strong and always believe, people can overcome the most frightening of odds. I have everything crossed for you.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Socratease

• RAWK Philosopher
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2469 on: March 25, 2020, 11:41:02 pm »
Thank you for your response and kind words of support, I appreciate it mate.

Socrates

Offline Socratease

• RAWK Philosopher
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
My Wish,
« Reply #2470 on: April 9, 2020, 01:15:50 am »
My wish is that my wife gets through and receives her chemotherapy and keeps receiving her CT scans, plus X-Rays, etc.

We miss the grandchildren terribly.

We are not allowed to kiss each other, even holding hands is a no no (husband & wife).

It is my birthday today and  I wish that you all observe the social distancing measures and please take care of your loved ones.

YNWA

Socrates

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Re: My Wish,
« Reply #2471 on: April 9, 2020, 01:35:51 am »
Things sound really tough for you all just now.

My wish is that you get your wish and everything turns out well.

All the very best to you, your wife and your families.

It seems a bit off wishing you a happy birthday given those circumstances, so I'll just wish you all the luck in the world instead.

Take care of yourselves.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Available for parties and dinners.
« Reply #2472 on: April 9, 2020, 02:01:06 am »
I wish your wish comes true soon,

YNWA
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2473 on: April 9, 2020, 02:55:07 am »
My wish is that you get your wish and everything turns out well.
Perfectly said.

YNWA Socratease :)
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

• Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #2474 on: April 9, 2020, 05:37:42 am »
Perfectly said.

YNWA Socratease :)

Agree with all the above, my thoughts and wishes are with you and your wife and family and getting all you wished for.

There will be an end to this, you'll be kissing the missus very soon  :)

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #2475 on: April 9, 2020, 08:10:14 am »
Sorry to hear you're going through such a tough time mate  :(
Hope you get your wish and it all turns out well for you and your loved ones  :thumbup
YNWA
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2476 on: April 9, 2020, 08:33:40 am »
My wish is that my wife gets through and receives her chemotherapy and keeps receiving her CT scans, plus X-Rays, etc.

We are not allowed to kiss each other, even holding hands is a no no (husband & wife).

It is my birthday today and  I wish that you all observe the social distancing measures and please take care of your loved ones.

YNWA
Happy birthday and we're all wishing with you mate.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2477 on: April 9, 2020, 09:20:52 am »
Thinking of you socratease at this distressing time.  Hope your wishes see you through and as hard as it might be try to enjoy your birthday [emoji179]

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2478 on: April 9, 2020, 09:37:25 am »

YNWA
Sending love from North East England     :)

Offline Socratease

• RAWK Philosopher
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2479 on: April 10, 2020, 12:01:00 am »
Many thanks to you all for ALL for your kind supportive reseponses.

The highlight of my Birthday was to see my grand daughters wave from the car and blowing their kisses to me!

When Covid19 is over they are going to get great big hugs from a doting and rather soppy grandad!

:wave

More chemo in the morning for my missus, I love her to bits and she has made my Birthday along with my family, too.

:scarf

Socrates