Author Topic: Cancer  (Read 248030 times)

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Cancer
« Reply #2400 on: November 13, 2019, 12:39:59 pm »
Doctors today didn't think it's anything to worry about but we're at hospital for scans on Thursday to be sure.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Hope it all goes well Debs.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2401 on: November 14, 2019, 04:19:37 pm »
Thank you all for your good luck messages they must have done the trick as everythings fine [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji16]

It's at least focused his mind on getting on with doing some living though and fingers crossed we'll both be retiring in the next 2 or 3yrs and spending a few years travelling whilst we still can!!

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2402 on: November 14, 2019, 04:36:17 pm »
Great news Debs.

Offline El Diablos

• The Chronologically Trousered Philanthropist
  • Legacy Fan
  • All posts copyright of Alan Smithee
« Reply #2403 on: November 24, 2019, 01:14:36 am »
After nearly dying 3 years ago of acute chronic pancreatitis (involved a week intensive care and 3 months hospitalisation) I thought I made a full recovery.

Got told last week I now have a tumour on the pancreas. There's no history of cancer in the family it's just my pancreas was so damaged. In fact i only have 20-30% of the pancreas organ mass left and it miraculously held out for 3 years without me suffering diabetes or enzyme deficiency. Well, until last week when I was diagnosed type 3c diabetic.

Been told i need a Whipple procedure which involves removing the tumour from the head of the pancreas, removing the duodenum, bile duct and part of the stomach.  They usually remove the head of the pancreas and re-wire all the pipework following all the organ removals, but in my case it'll mean removing all of what's left of the pancreas. So after a 6 month recovery period I'll be life long diabetic and have to take insulin injections plus i'll need about 30 pills of enzymes per day otherwise I won't be able to absorb any nutrition.

My head is truly fucked. Been tears and panic attacks since i was told

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2404 on: November 24, 2019, 11:09:16 am »

Got told last week I now have a tumour on the pancreas. There's no history of cancer in the family it's just my pancreas was so damaged. In fact i only have 20-30% of the pancreas organ mass left and it miraculously held out for 3 years without me suffering diabetes or enzyme deficiency. Well, until last week when I was diagnosed type 3c diabetic.

Sorry to hear that El D. Good luck to you.

My mate died of a heart attack a couple of years ago, his wife was absolutely devastated. She died of breast cancer on Thursday. Fucking hell that disease is a twat.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #2405 on: November 25, 2019, 01:31:55 pm »
After nearly dying 3 years ago of acute chronic pancreatitis (involved a week intensive care and 3 months hospitalisation) I thought I made a full recovery.

Been told i need a Whipple procedure which involves removing the tumour from the head of the pancreas, removing the duodenum, bile duct and part of the stomach.  They usually remove the head of the pancreas and re-wire all the pipework following all the organ removals, but in my case it'll mean removing all of what's left of the pancreas. So after a 6 month recovery period I'll be life long diabetic and have to take insulin injections plus i'll need about 30 pills of enzymes per day otherwise I won't be able to absorb any nutrition.

My head is truly fucked. Been tears and panic attacks since i was told

Firstly El D I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis

Not sure how old you are but my dad died of pancreatic cancer back in May at 72 - there was nothing they could do but try and prolong his life which he did by another 9 months.  I do wish he'd had the option of that so I could have this Christmas with him.  Was so weird last night writing just one Christmas card to my mum and dad.

All the best.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #2406 on: November 25, 2019, 01:32:35 pm »
Thank you all for your good luck messages they must have done the trick as everythings fine [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji16]

It's at least focused his mind on getting on with doing some living though and fingers crossed we'll both be retiring in the next 2 or 3yrs and spending a few years travelling whilst we still can!!

Great news Debs

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2407 on: November 26, 2019, 08:29:06 am »
Lost my mate to this horrible piece of shit disease this morning.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2408 on: November 26, 2019, 11:50:05 am »
Ah man so sorry to hear that mate.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2409 on: November 26, 2019, 01:21:39 pm »
Ah man so sorry to hear that mate.

Thanks Debs. 29 years old he was, had a baby a few months ago and got married aswell. Devastated.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2410 on: November 26, 2019, 06:21:32 pm »
Thanks Debs. 29 years old he was, had a baby a few months ago and got married aswell. Devastated.
Jesus that's awful for all of you but especially his young family.

Thinking of you all mate.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2411 on: November 26, 2019, 06:21:58 pm »
Great news Debs
Cheers mate [emoji106]

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #2412 on: November 26, 2019, 07:39:01 pm »
Sorry to hear that Andy. Way too young.

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #2413 on: November 29, 2019, 01:58:44 pm »

I'm sorry for you and the young family. God bless.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2414 on: December 6, 2019, 07:18:35 am »
It’s my mates funeral today. Been dreading it all week and woke up today feeling sick.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #2415 on: December 19, 2019, 04:52:27 pm »
Just found that a seemingly healthy coworker in her mid-thirties was diagnosed with breast cancer earlier this week. Needs surgery tomorrow. She has two kids, one under the age of two.

Fuck this piece of shit disease

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #2416 on: December 19, 2019, 06:16:06 pm »
Just found that a seemingly healthy coworker in her mid-thirties was diagnosed with breast cancer earlier this week. Needs surgery tomorrow. She has two kids, one under the age of two.

Fuck this piece of shit disease

Sorry to hear that. Strangely enough one of my own work colleagues had Breast Cancer earlier on she is undergoing treatment as we speak. Luckily for her they have spotted it early and have said she should be fine but will have to undertake about twelves bouts of treatment to make sure. I think she is on her tenth now and she is holding up well, she was only in her forties as well. I hope it works out as well for the lady above as it has for my friend.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #2417 on: December 20, 2019, 07:47:31 am »
Got a phone call from my step mum lastnight, my dad has entered what the hospital have called final stages and is basically being sedated now to keep him pain free. He has prostate cancer which over the past seven months or so has spread to the ribs, hips and more recently the spine. I saw him (he lives in Scotland, me in Essex) a couple of weeks ago and spent some really good quality time with him.

He was able to laugh and joke about things but there was also a couple of emotional moments between father and son which made the visit so worthwile.

I know its not long now and its not the best time of year to happen, all I can hope and wish for is that his time left is as painless as possible.

Love you dad xx
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #2418 on: January 2, 2020, 09:58:08 pm »
My dad has sadly passed away today after battling this awful fucking disease.

RIP dad xxx
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2419 on: January 2, 2020, 10:21:58 pm »
I'm so sorry for your loss, may your Father Rest in peace.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2420 on: January 2, 2020, 11:01:21 pm »

RIP dad xxx
Sorry to hear that, condolences.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2421 on: January 2, 2020, 11:28:02 pm »

RIP dad xxx

I'm really sorry to hear your sad news, rip to your dad and take care.  :(

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #2422 on: January 3, 2020, 12:51:04 am »
Sorry to hear about your dad. Condolences to you and the family. It’s a fucker of a disease!

RIP YNWA

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #2423 on: January 3, 2020, 10:46:10 am »

RIP dad xxx

So sorry for your loss. May he rest in peace. God bless.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2424 on: January 3, 2020, 11:09:00 am »

RIP dad xxx
He's at peace now mate.  Condolences to you and yours [emoji174]

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #2425 on: January 5, 2020, 08:36:13 pm »

RIP dad xxx

Sorry for your loss.

Offline evie

• "Might have to think about it for a bit, k? No! That's not what I meant! Damn....." Prefers to hold it in.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hero
« Reply #2426 on: January 8, 2020, 08:35:47 pm »
Last January I had an adenoma removed from my colon when I went for a coloscopy. It's a benign tumour but it's one that might develop into cancer if I'm fucking unlucky. I'm going for another coloscopy in February because I didn't manage to drink all the prep (threw up, it was so disgusting). To be honest, the procedure wasn't too horrible. It was totally worth it in the end. The prep is difficult though.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2427 on: January 8, 2020, 09:10:27 pm »
Last January I had an adenoma removed from my colon when I went for a coloscopy. It's a benign tumour but it's one that might develop into cancer if I'm fucking unlucky. I'm going for another coloscopy in February because I didn't manage to drink all the prep (threw up, it was so disgusting). To be honest, the procedure wasn't too horrible. It was totally worth it in the end. The prep is difficult though.

I hope it goes okay for you Evie.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2428 on: January 8, 2020, 10:41:14 pm »
Yeah, good luck Evie.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2429 on: January 9, 2020, 07:05:16 am »
Hope all goes well for you Evie.

Offline evie

• "Might have to think about it for a bit, k? No! That's not what I meant! Damn....." Prefers to hold it in.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hero
« Reply #2430 on: January 9, 2020, 07:46:49 am »
Cheers. I'm sure it'll be ok. Usually it takes 5-20 years for an adenoma to grow. This coloscopy is more of a precaution than anything.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #2431 on: January 20, 2020, 06:00:28 pm »

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #2432 on: February 12, 2020, 10:24:47 pm »
Just want to share....
about 4 weeks ago i noticed a lump below belt line, just above groin on left side  :-\   ... nice start to the year (i'm mid 50's)
my dad died of bowel cancer a few years ago after a long fight.. .... But...
my mum (mid 70's) had just been diagnosed with breast cancer  :no .. she had choice of removing the small lumps or mastectomy..
i decided to tell no one about my issue, i just could'nt tell my mam.. :butt
Update-mum got out of hospital today, she had 1 breast removed and is in great spirit.. taking the piss out of her saying 'no more pole-dancing or breast feeding'  ;D
my issue turned out to be a hernia ... but i had weeks of all this on my mind.. got a bollocking off her for not telling her  ;D
hopefully thats all behind us now.... what a horrible few weeks i've had.. we've had..
Just needed to share this.. with you, gonna have a bottle of Red now  :wave
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2433 on: February 13, 2020, 08:53:55 pm »
Just want to share....
about 4 weeks ago i noticed a lump below belt line, just above groin on left side  :-\   ... nice start to the year (i'm mid 50's)
my dad died of bowel cancer a few years ago after a long fight.. .... But...
my mum (mid 70's) had just been diagnosed with breast cancer  :no .. she had choice of removing the small lumps or mastectomy..
i decided to tell no one about my issue, i just could'nt tell my mam.. :butt
Update-mum got out of hospital today, she had 1 breast removed and is in great spirit.. taking the piss out of her saying 'no more pole-dancing or breast feeding'  ;D
my issue turned out to be a hernia ... but i had weeks of all this on my mind.. got a bollocking off her for not telling her  ;D
hopefully thats all behind us now.... what a horrible few weeks i've had.. we've had..
Just needed to share this.. with you, gonna have a bottle of Red now  :wave

I'm happy for you that it wasn't as bad as you first feared, its great that your mother is now recovering hope you both get the chance to put your troubles behind you from now in. Enjoy that bottle of red.  :wave

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2434 on: February 13, 2020, 08:59:25 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51182451

don't know if posted

It at least sounds optimistic if some years away before it can be used. It would be great to think a few years down the line something like this could be used to treat different types of cancer. You do get the feeling that a discovery like this one could revolutionise treating this horrible disease. I suspect though a whole lot of testing will need to be done before it can be used.

Offline Socratease

• RAWK Philosopher
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red & White Kop
November The 9th...
« Reply #2435 on: February 21, 2020, 12:44:45 am »
November the 9th this year we will have been married for 35 years. I aim to celebrate it and to do so for many years to come.

My wife and I attended an appointment due to an X ray and quite quickly my wife had to be injected with a fluid that is luminous enough to be registered on a CT scan.

Just after 15:00hrs we were called in.

We were told it was cancer on the left upper (right mirror as you see the image) on top of her heart with another speck only centimetres away.

We do not know what type of cancer it is and we will not know until the biopsy is taken within the next week. Further scans will be taken of her head and pelvis soon as they could not risk problems with the illuminating dye until her body flushes out what she had to take today/yesterday.

It's a hell of shock!

The (adult) kids are shocked, but very supportive. The grand kids are at one level not told but our elder grandaughter at high school has a basic understanding. It's early days yet, our oldest grandson has his infants and family life (I took him to Anfield to watch Liverpool FC v Everton when Steven Gerrard score that great goal for us ~ when he was 14yrs of age) and things are unfolding.

I am a bit of a night owl, as a moderator for LFC I check all sections of the boards right into the early hours and some times (I suffer from exteme Tinnitus~causing insomnia) even later.

I hope to receive responses from patients and medical professionals to assuage fears that will be ongoing.

Socs

« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 05:06:24 am by 24/50 geek! »
The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.

Socrates

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: November The 9th...
« Reply #2436 on: February 21, 2020, 02:19:15 am »
Alright Socratease mate.
That's very bad news, I hope you get some good news after the biopsy.

PS there is a cancer thread on here that may be of some help in the future.
Like most folk on Merseyside my family has had a very good experience at Clatterbridge Hospital and with the whole NHS when it comes to cancer treatment and support.

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=244139.0

Offline Momos_righteye

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2437 on: February 21, 2020, 08:27:24 am »
Thinking about you and your family mate,

Not a medical professional but I do know Liverpool and surrounding areas are blessed with some of the best medical facilities in the world.

YNWA

Offline Socratease

• RAWK Philosopher
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red & White Kop
« Reply #2438 on: February 22, 2020, 12:14:22 am »
Alright Socratease mate.
That's very bad news, I hope you get some good news after the biopsy.

PS there is a cancer thread on here that may be of some help in the future.
Like most folk on Merseyside my family has had a very good experience at Clatterbridge Hospital and with the whole NHS when it comes to cancer treatment and support.

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=244139.0

My apologies, kavah, I missed seeing the thread. I wish you all the very best of wishes.

Many thanks to you, Momos_righteye, for your kind response.

The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.

Socrates

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #2439 on: February 27, 2020, 11:22:33 pm »
This fucking disease...

My best mates father in law passed away this week and my step father in law has just been diagnosed with lymphoma and starts chemo next Tuesday.
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds