Author Topic: Roberto Firmino  (Read 2015338 times)

Offline acks

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Roberto Firmino
« Reply #10240 on: December 14, 2019, 02:56:01 pm »
His pass to Mane for the 1st goal was outrageous! He might not be in the best of form, but he's always able to contribute.

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #10241 on: December 14, 2019, 02:57:16 pm »
I would bench him for Origi too.
Let him make an impact as sub over 3 or 4 appearances,  get his mojo back away from being the main man
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10242 on: December 14, 2019, 02:59:52 pm »
Lost count how many times he carelessly gave away or the lost ball in the first half.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10243 on: December 14, 2019, 03:27:23 pm »
He usually has these streaks of a dip in form, but he does a lot in our side. Hopefully he's refreshed after the WCC

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #10244 on: December 15, 2019, 06:42:57 am »
Can't see Minamino getting v. close to the starting lineup except for perhaps the FA cup for a while. We all know how Klopp beds in new players.
Obviously we don't  ;)

Klopp takes time to bed in players that need it. Not those that don't. We'll have to wait and see which one Minamino is. It's intriguing to see how he'll be deployed
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #10245 on: December 15, 2019, 06:44:27 am »
I actually think Firmino has been one of our better players this season.  :-[

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10246 on: December 15, 2019, 07:09:09 am »

The first part of the season he was unreal. Now he's just had a dip in form. He's earned plenty of patience from all of us. He'll get back to it. The good thing is even if he's having a poor time of it, he still does have a positive effect on the game still.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #10247 on: December 15, 2019, 08:26:19 am »
His pass to Mane for the 1st goal was outrageous! He might not be in the best of form, but he's always able to contribute.

Amazing pass. He also did some sort of karate jumping kick to bring a ball down, that someone then fluffed the shot (can't remember who).

He also made some very good pressing moves, tracked back and made important tackles, and also a couple of important headed clearances when defending in our box.

A key player, and he's going to be very important this season, and will score some pivotal goals on thy way to silverware.

Other players dream of playing like Bobby having a dip in form.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline will2003

• Legacy Fan
  • God and a Legend
« Reply #10248 on: December 15, 2019, 10:45:27 am »
I think a rest during the World Club cup would do him good. Get him in the warm
weather and let him relax and recharge ready to show Leicester what a world class striker is!
"We gave the fans their pride - again. We fought for the fans, we fought for the club and we fought for our players." - Legend

Offline SteveLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #10249 on: December 15, 2019, 01:35:23 pm »
The difference between Bobby and everyone else is that a dip in form for him just puts him at their level for a short while. Normal god-like status will be resumed shortly. Of that, I have no doubt.

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10250 on: December 15, 2019, 03:05:10 pm »
Not big on the idea of dropping Bobby. Reckon he's a prime example of you don't know what you're missing until you actually don't play him.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10251 on: December 15, 2019, 03:14:08 pm »
Not big on the idea of dropping Bobby. Reckon he's a prime example of you don't know what you're missing until you actually don't play him.

We aren’t getting that much. He just looks off the boil and his passing especially has deteriorated noticeably. He just needs some time off to regain that extra sharpness - it’s not going to come by playing him in the ground.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #10252 on: December 15, 2019, 04:14:03 pm »
I think Firmino is a difficult player to quantify. Like Wijnaldum, he fills a tactical role and his game is less about numbers. That's why I liked his performance against Salzburg.

What he offers off the ball serves more value than what Origi or Shaqiri typically do on the ball (and I love both of them).
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 04:15:47 pm by aw1991 »

Offline scutty

• Kopite
  • Know nothing.
« Reply #10253 on: December 15, 2019, 06:27:57 pm »
In the position he plays it only takes one or two moments of genius to win games, he still manages this even when not at his best.

And that is why BOBBY IS BROKEN
Why was my post deleted?

Offline irfaanfr

• Boys Pen
« Reply #10254 on: December 17, 2019, 12:21:42 pm »
Great player

Offline KirkVanHouten

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10255 on: December 18, 2019, 04:19:42 am »

Agree, he looks knackered lately but early on he was unplayable. Even against Watford despite looking exhausted, our first goal was down to a moment of brilliance from him kicking it out into space over his head.

Hope the warmer climate in Qatar rejuvenates him a bit.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10256 on: December 18, 2019, 05:12:21 am »
Agree, he looks knackered lately but early on he was unplayable. Even against Watford despite looking exhausted, our first goal was down to a moment of brilliance from him kicking it out into space over his head.

Hope the warmer climate in Qatar rejuvenates him a bit.

He didn't look that knackered for the goal, look where he was when Salah scored. Bobby had sprinted 50m and was in the area supporting the attack.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

Offline KirkVanHouten

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10257 on: December 18, 2019, 05:24:47 am »
He didn't look that knackered for the goal, look where he was when Salah scored. Bobby had sprinted 50m and was in the area supporting the attack.

Not for the goal, but I reckon he looked a bit fatigued overall. He just wasn't as sharp as usual. Even at 80% he's one of the best players in the league.

Would rather he had come off earlier in some games but we haven't had that luxury yet as we're not finishing many games early this season.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10258 on: December 18, 2019, 05:29:53 am »
Yeah, fair enough. I think he looks exhausted at times on the pitch because of his work-rate. Gives it his all, and when he's labouring he's probably getting his breath back ready to go again in few moments. A break certainly won't do him any harm.
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

Offline Gutzon Borglum

• Kopite
« Reply #10259 on: December 18, 2019, 08:50:24 am »
I would like to see Bob get a run as a #10/second striker playing off Salah or Origi (or Werner 8) ), freeing him from finishing responsibilities to get more stuck into the midfield battle and linking play might be just what he (and Salah) needs right now.

Online Sinyoro

• Give the ball to Bobby and he will scyoro
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10260 on: December 18, 2019, 09:03:44 am »
Brilliant player and athlete, hardly injured and he keeps on going having to shoulder a lot of frontline responsibilities.

It’s better that he is rested due to fatigue instead of injury. Hopefully this Qatar preseason excursion will rest him a little bit.

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10261 on: December 18, 2019, 12:33:50 pm »
Anyone notice how unwell or tired he looked against Watford, if it was the 80's you'd think he'd been on the ale. The lad might need a blow because it's not that long ago that everyone was raving about that pass. Klopp could be on to this with the new signing this week..

Offline RedBlakey

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #10262 on: December 18, 2019, 12:43:33 pm »
Anyone notice how unwell or tired he looked against Watford, if it was the 80's you'd think he'd been on the ale. The lad might need a blow because it's not that long ago that everyone was raving about that pass. Klopp could be on to this with the new signing this week..

;D
Never seen him playing I think. But looks like a good player.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #10263 on: December 18, 2019, 12:48:18 pm »
Anyone notice how unwell or tired he looked against Watford, if it was the 80's you'd think he'd been on the ale.

Well, it was his wife's birthday the other day, so who knows with Bobby and that family's parties...
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline christofu

• Anny Roader
« Reply #10264 on: December 18, 2019, 01:46:41 pm »
I would like to see Bob get a run as a #10/second striker playing off Salah or Origi (or Werner 8) ), freeing him from finishing responsibilities to get more stuck into the midfield battle and linking play might be just what he (and Salah) needs right now.
not been watching us in the last year or so?

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10265 on: December 18, 2019, 07:22:02 pm »
Bobby with another late goal Brilliant finish

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10266 on: December 18, 2019, 07:23:11 pm »
More rest. More goals.
He's no Harvey Elliot but he is ok.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #10267 on: December 18, 2019, 07:37:07 pm »
Worried about him. Didn't touch a ball all game long yesterday and now we see that today Klopp can only trust him for 5 min...

Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10268 on: December 18, 2019, 10:31:12 pm »
Top off dummy :D

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #10269 on: December 18, 2019, 11:39:51 pm »
I fear he is becoming a poacher type of striker and his all round game is all but gone.
I didnt even notice him touch the ball a single time for the first 80 odd minutes.
I am not sure we can afford to have luxury players like him who are only fox in the box types, really.....
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #10270 on: December 19, 2019, 12:10:03 am »
Would be good if we could rest him for the final as well, ideally. Need him fit and firing against Leicester. But I suspect he'll start with Mané with Mo on the bench.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #10271 on: December 19, 2019, 04:28:18 pm »
I fear he is becoming a poacher type of striker and his all round game is all but gone.
I didnt even notice him touch the ball a single time for the first 80 odd minutes.
I am not sure we can afford to have luxury players like him who are only fox in the box types, really.....

Just like Ronaldo you mean?

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #10272 on: December 19, 2019, 05:30:39 pm »
Would be good if we could rest him for the final as well, ideally. Need him fit and firing against Leicester. But I suspect he'll start with Mané with Mo on the bench.
Be quite surprised if all 3 aren’t in the starting line up for the final.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #10273 on: December 19, 2019, 06:15:51 pm »

I see what you did there  ;D

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #10274 on: December 19, 2019, 06:29:27 pm »
Just been reading a few pages and it is going down the same road as others, there is always no middle ground, players are either world beaters or shit.

Personally i love seeing this guy on the pitch he simply delights me with his skill, attitude and unselfish running, if his tips and flicks do not work fair enough, i would rather an exciting guy like Bobby than some robotic player who will never take a gamble in a game.
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #10275 on: December 19, 2019, 06:54:55 pm »
Just been reading a few pages and it is going down the same road as others, there is always no middle ground, players are either world beaters or shit.

Personally i love seeing this guy on the pitch he simply delights me with his skill, attitude and unselfish running, if his tips and flicks do not work fair enough, i would rather an exciting guy like Bobby than some robotic player who will never take a gamble in a game.

Other than some quite clearly sarcastic posts I haven’t seen anyone suggesting he is shit.

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #10276 on: December 19, 2019, 07:16:04 pm »
Other than some quite clearly sarcastic posts I haven’t seen anyone suggesting he is shit.

Hey hey hey now.
My posts were not clearly sarcastic.
There is enough plausible deniability, and enough doubt there, I feel, for me to plead insanity.

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #10277 on: December 19, 2019, 07:20:37 pm »
I see what you did there  ;D

So often, my selfless work goes unnoticed,  while the more flamboyant posters (...with more pace, more goals...), get all the plaudits.
I strive to please.
I do it with workrate, and only the occasional no-look flick on for fishing., even if I do miss a few sitters.
Happy to be appreciated, thanks.

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #10278 on: December 19, 2019, 07:22:16 pm »
Just like Ronaldo you mean?

You will find, Sir, that it is pronounced "Ronaldho"

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #10279 on: December 19, 2019, 07:34:48 pm »
Jokes aside, we still haven’t found a suitable understudy for him.

Ox, Shaq and Origi has all had a taste of playing as a false 9 with varied success. Against Barcelona was the only game where I feel we didn’t miss Firmino. Most other times I just sense we were that one idea short when he is not playing or not playing well.

I guess if we couldn’t find a successor then then we just don’t play 4-3-3