Author Topic: New stadium set to break technology barriers.  (Read 12298 times)

hoonin

New stadium set to break technology barriers.
« on: December 20, 2007, 03:01:28 pm »
Despite rumours suggesting the club are encountering problems with the long proposed ground move, RAWK can exclusively reveal today that Liverpool Football Clubs new stadium is to go ahead. Further to this positive news it has also been confirmed the stadium will break new ground for sporting venues by smashing through existing conventional technology barriers.

You can forget the bland and soulless ParryBowl design that re-appeared again this week.  In what will undoubtedly be hailed as a feat of engineering ingenuity, “New” Anfield will be the first stadium ever to be constructed entirely out of vapour, thin air and empty words.

In case you needed reminding, here’s an abridged timeline:

Jan 2001 - Plans to move to a 70,000 seater stadium announced. These are later scraped when the ~£120M costs are deemed too expensive.
May 2002 - Club reveals designs for ParryBowl and announces new stadium will be ready for 2004-2005 season at a cost of ~£70M.
2002-2007 - In successive failed attempts at hawking the club to secure funding for the project, Parry clocks up enough air miles to single handedly warm the planet by a few more degrees.
July 2007 - 6 ½ years after a move was first mooted and 5 years after ParryBowl, “stunning” new designs unveiled to widespread acclaim.
Dec 2007 - As in 2001, plans to implement “stunning” design scaled back again, with cost cited....again
Dec 2007 - Reports appear that the club are unable to secure funding for the entire project , a mere 10 months after selling it’s heritage to two men based on their promises to fund the new stadium.

With supporters questioning whether a new stadium will come before a manned mission to Mars, Tom Hicks & George Gillett were unavailable for comment today. Maybe tomorrow? What’s a few days on the back of 7 years of mis-management at the highest level of the club?

Look, if some of you think there are unanswered questions on the pitch right now, think again. There are far more OFF it that need answering. Some that have been open since 2001.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 05:54:24 pm by Gareth »

Offline Ben S

• Remember we were partners in crime. Pigeon Fancier. GTL Bus Freak. Also known as Bambi, apparently - or Miss Kitty on Wednesdays....
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 5 - 1 London
Re: New stadium set to break technology barriers.
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 03:04:45 pm »
This should be on the front page.

Offline M(oaning) B(ecomes) E(mbarrassing)

• Worthless.
  • RAWK Embarrassment
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thoroughly thought through
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 03:04:55 pm »
Ooooh.  Betty! :missus
It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.

Offline todda

• Who the fuck you trying to kid....
  • Legacy Fan
  • My Team, My Club, MY Life!
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 03:05:27 pm »
Brilliant post, just about sums it up.  The Club, mainly Parry have a lot of questions to answer.  Will they?? will they fuck
"Friend 1st, Boss 2nd,......... Enteratiner 3rd!,  If I was asked to name 3 intellegent people, I wouldn't say Einstein, Newton..... erm you know, I'd Say Cleese, Milligan, Everett................ Sessions!" David Brent.

Offline Istanbul Therapy Group

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll hear our famous noise
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 03:05:42 pm »
Dont worry Be Parry.

He created the premier league you know
He never shows mercy, he would put 6 past your sons school team.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 03:06:00 pm »

You can forget forgot the bland and soulless ParryBowl designs that re-appeared again this week.  In what will undoubtedly be hailed as a feat of engineering ingenuity, “New” Anfield will be the first stadium ever to be constructed entirely out of vapour, thin air and empty words.

Sorry mate, that stadium's already been built, it's called Goodison Park.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline StevieG26

• Would like to be the first of offer his criticisms.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2007, 03:06:03 pm »
Fucking clueless the whole lot of them.

And just when I thought we had one clown in Ricky Parry, two more pop along in Georgie and Tommy!

And people still think we're going to win titles....
"Football is not a matter of life and death. I can assure you that it is much more important than that."

Bill Shankly.

Online Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2007, 03:18:27 pm »
Harsh post, Gareth. The way you talk, you'd swear Parry, Hicks and Gillette had some sort of "duty" or "obligation" to the club whereas...eh? Oh. Right.

Offline davidg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2007, 03:21:16 pm »
Despite rumours suggesting the club are encountering problems with the long proposed ground move, RAWK can exclusively reveal that Liverpool Football Clubs new stadium is to go ahead. Further to this positive news, it has been confirmed the stadium will break new ground for sporting venues by smashing through conventional technology barriers.

You can forget forgot the bland and soulless ParryBowl designs that re-appeared again this week.  In what will undoubtedly be hailed as a feat of engineering ingenuity, “New” Anfield will be the first stadium ever to be constructed entirely out of vapour, thin air and empty words.

fucking nice one.

Any pics?
' When you over simplify, you become unjust ' - Ernest Hemingway

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2007, 03:21:21 pm »
I can't share your cynicism. One of them is Texan, afterall.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline SpenceUK1968

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2007, 03:25:06 pm »
It'd be funnier if it wasn't so close to the bone :(

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2007, 03:29:19 pm »

I disagree, that's why it's funny.

If you can't laugh...
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline nyctex

• God Bless America
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Close your eyes...and imagine it's Jason McAteer
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2007, 03:30:06 pm »
I'm pretty sure there's already a thread on this

Offline Drunknmunky

• Kopite
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2007, 03:31:26 pm »
We are well and truly being fucked over.

Is this what Benitez is trying to tell us???

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2007, 03:36:20 pm »
Gareth

You forgot about the new technology for turnstyles. There won't be any for the new stadium. Just one big open screening area which can electronically scan supporters as they enter and read the card with their seat number even in their back pocket. You won't even have to get them out of your wallet.

Anyone trying to bunk in will be hit with a remote controlled Red spray paintball for ease of identification for stewards to remove and hand over to the police. Police will take the supporters name and information in case of multiple infractions and possible legal  prosecution.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline culbs

• Kopite
  • 5 is more than 3
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2007, 03:37:35 pm »

So so true. I dont know wether to laugh or cry
"Liverpool is one of those clubs that any coach always dreams about being able to manage" - Rafael Benitez

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2007, 03:39:34 pm »
Very funny.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2007, 03:42:27 pm »
Nice one Parry.

Objective: get some investment in so we can move on as a club and build one of the greatest stadia in the world.

Action: 2 Americans brought in. Who aparently can't fund a new stadium.

If they can't fund our stadium, then HOW THE FUCK is this different from Moores' ownership?
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2007, 03:42:43 pm »
We are well and truly being fucked over.

Is this what Benitez is trying to tell us???

Whilst he's still around. It's not coincidence that as things fall apart on the field of play, things are disintegrating behind the scenes. We're all off to hell in a (Texan) handcart.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2007, 03:46:09 pm »
fucking nice one.

Any pics?
yes here...

hoonin

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2007, 03:50:25 pm »
Whilst he's still around. It's not coincidence that as things fall apart on the field of play, things are disintegrating behind the scenes. We're all off to hell in a (Texan) handcart.

Mike, have you run out of prozac again!?!

2 league defeats doesn't consitute falling apart. I assume you are not seriously including last nights defeat of heavily weakened team....to one of the strongest teams in the league...at possibly the hardest ground to win at over the last 3 or 4 years.

Anyway, back on topic..

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2007, 03:53:32 pm »
Mike, have you run out of prozac again!?!

2 league defeats doesn't consitute falling apart. I assume you are not seriously including last nights defeat of heavily weakened team....to one of the strongest teams in the league...at possibly the hardest ground to win at over the last 3 or 4 years.

Anyway, back on topic..

We're all dooooooomed, I tell thee.

Offline Chindits

• It's important to me
  • Legacy Fan
  • L4 Scal-Qaeda Cyber Terrorist Cell
    • ccTwitter
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2007, 03:56:16 pm »
Can't Parry be done for misleading shareholders.

Offline RedBoywonder

• The Big E
  • Legacy Fan
  • and could he play.....
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2007, 03:58:41 pm »
This should be on the front page.

Of The Echo!
Justice for the 96.

Offline Jim Mason

• Boys Pen
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2007, 04:11:37 pm »
I think your right, Rafa has been trying to warn us for some time to whats happening, I think he is the only one there apart from the players who really cares about the club  :-[ :-[ :-[ :'( :'(

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm a swine, its my nature"
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2007, 04:14:18 pm »
Class, thats spot on, the silence is deafening, mind you Parry's phones probably off
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Offline Retro Red

• Listen to this Man.
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2007, 04:17:10 pm »

In case you needed reminding, here’s an abridged timeline:

Jan 2001 - Plans to move to a 70,000 seater stadium announced. These are later scraped when the ~£120M costs are deemed too expensive.
May 2002 - Club reveals designs for ParryBowl and announces new stadium will be ready for 2004-2005 season at a cost of ~£70M.
2002-2007 - In successive failed attempts at hawking the club to secure funding for the project, Parry clocks up enough air miles to single handedly warm the planet by a few more degrees.
July 2007 - 6 ½ years after a move was first mooted and 5 years after ParryBowl, “stunning” new designs unveiled to widespread acclaim.
Dec 2007 - As in 2001, plans to implement “stunning” design scaled back again, with cost cited....again
Dec 2007 - Reports appear that the club are unable to secure funding for the entire project , a mere 10 months after selling it’s heritage to two men based on their promises to fund the new stadium.

That is indeed an abridged timeline, Coco's been fucking about on this "project" since his arrival at the club in 1997, when he was conspiring with Council no-marks and self-important divvies from North Liverpool Partnership in a behind closed doors effort that resulted in the scorched earth "Anfield Plus" proposals. Revealed in 1999, Anfield Plus proposed the demolition of 1800 houses, basically clearing the entire area from the Flat Iron to Sleepers Hill, and an expansion of Anfield to 65000. There was uproar locally that this was all done in secret and the club had an uphill battle in restoring trust among people in Anfield and Breckfield.  The Clown and the other clowns went back to the drawing board and came back with proposals to demolish 200 houses to make way for an extended Anfield. Probably becasue of Anfield Plus, no-one locally would go along with the plan - within six months Stanley Park was on the agenda.

A decade on, an area blighted by uncertainty, not to mention a club in limbo. Roll on 2017.

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2007, 04:21:28 pm »
'Stunning' post Gareth.

I like the 4th pic (this one:) the best

as it shows where the "This isn't Anfield" sign won't be.

satire ain't dead and sadly its still as painful.
Yep.

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2007, 04:38:15 pm »
Great Picture's people just found this one of the interior:

Its stunning isn't it!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait!

PS: IS ANY1 GIVING ANY LOVE FOR THE REEBK BOWL?

If so WHY?????
Number 1 fan of Xabi Alonso Alberto Aquilani Raul Meireles. Barry is pure shite compared to Xabi Alberto Raul!!!!!
KIMI RAIKKONEN LEGEND WDC 2007
Gomes flapping at a ball looks like a sealion trying to have a wank!

Offline mano_e_mano

• Boys Pen
  • oooo...that hurt...
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2007, 04:41:45 pm »
Does anyone else think selling the club to DIC would have been a better bet afterall? :-[
Time heals Fuc-kin everythin

Offline Bobby Fury

• Fountain of Musical Knowledge
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2007, 04:56:27 pm »
What's the worst that can happen?  We stay at the current Anfield.  That should make some people happy.
LFC - It's what's happening!!!

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2007, 05:09:01 pm »
"And on the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains."

Offline gramck24

• Tryathlete
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2007, 05:09:51 pm »
Has the numbers game been played before a decision was made on this futuristic design?

Offline Emo Phillips

• Master of his domain. Enjoyed a young girl's strange, erotic journey from Milan to Minsk. Resident of MILF Island.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2007, 05:17:35 pm »
Isn't material prices, like the cost of steel the problem?

The cost of steel seems to double every week with these stadiums; happened at Wembley, too.

Far too much steel in the most recent designs, probably why it's been cut back. Not sure the whole thing's being scrapped, mind.
KRAMER: "I'm at 1st and 1st. Wait a minute, how can a street intersect into itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe!"

Offline steer

• Grampa
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2007, 05:55:16 pm »
Think parry only deserves a 250k bonus this xmas. must do better.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2007, 06:15:13 pm »
I see you don't qoute sources. More hot air, then eh.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

hoonin

« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2007, 06:33:13 pm »
I see you don't qoute sources. More hot air, then eh.

Well, quite. It's all made up, obviously*

* Note: I made that up. All sources of info came from the BBC/LFC.tv.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 06:35:24 pm by Gareth »

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2007, 06:45:15 pm »
The biggest problem now is we cannot get our point across. No fans going to AGMs.

We could have a million online petitions or fan marches down Walton Breck Rd. But will they listen forever?

The link that we once had with the board is gone.

Offline irishkopite77

• Kopite
  • Stradbally, Laois, "The Little Town"
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2007, 07:18:18 pm »
Does anyone else think selling the club to DIC would have been a better bet afterall? :-[
Looking at things now, It seems so..
Oh Sami Sami, Sami Sami Sami Sami Hyypia!!

Offline irishkopite77

• Kopite
  • Stradbally, Laois, "The Little Town"
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2007, 07:21:54 pm »
Has Foster Gillet said anything on it?? After all if the organ grinder can't be contacted we might as well try and talk to the monkey..
Oh Sami Sami, Sami Sami Sami Sami Hyypia!!