Author Topic: Jarell Quansah  (Read 113193 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Jarell Quansah
« Reply #400 on: November 1, 2023, 09:47:47 pm »
Do we really need to buy another CB now? Honestly if you just watch the performances of all of our CBs from the beginning of the season, well sure Quansah's play style is different, but you can't tell his level is much lower than any of the other 3, if at all.

Yes, Matip is probably gone in the summer.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #401 on: November 1, 2023, 09:48:28 pm »
Could save us a fortune this lad.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #402 on: November 1, 2023, 09:51:17 pm »
Header underneath his own bar was brilliant.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #403 on: November 1, 2023, 09:51:27 pm »
Do we really need to buy another CB now? Honestly if you just watch the performances of all of our CBs from the beginning of the season, well sure Quansah's play style is different, but you can't tell his level is much lower than any of the other 3, if at all.

Probably depends on if Matip leaves or signs a short term extension. Could end up with Gomez as the utility knife that can cover all positions in the backline and Quansah and a new CB as 3rd/4th choice behind Konate and Virg.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #404 on: November 1, 2023, 09:54:42 pm »
He was Excellent tonight. Tough conditions to play in

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: November 1, 2023, 09:54:46 pm »
Credit to him. There was talk of him being too hot headed and rash before going into the first team (understandably so) but the maturity he’s shown in stepping up to the first team is incredible

Offline TAA66

• Kopite
  • Nobody grows up wanting to be a Gary Neville
« Reply #406 on: November 1, 2023, 09:55:07 pm »
Man of the Match for me - brilliant performance

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #407 on: November 1, 2023, 09:55:35 pm »
Wow what a performance.  Class..
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #408 on: November 1, 2023, 09:56:33 pm »
The kid is in a great position. Matip likely to move on in the summer, so he’ll become a 3rd or 4th choice CB and learn off of one of the best to have performed the art in Virgil in his final few years.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #409 on: November 1, 2023, 10:01:27 pm »
Love him every time he plays. Calm and Collected and has that Matip-like ball carrying where he's past you while the opponent is figuring out whether to go with him or not. Final pass and execution will come but looks comfortable with the ball at his feet. We'd be absolutely crying to sign him if he played for anyone else. A very very reliable understudy who can come in and absolutely do the job whenever he plays. Saves us an easy 50 million pounds.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #410 on: November 1, 2023, 10:08:57 pm »
Yes, Matip is probably gone in the summer.

This, plus Joe being injury prone and Konate picking up knocks quite a bit in the past. Virgil getting no younger too. We'll need a couple in the next years but great to see Quansah been giving a go and taking to the big boy football so quickly.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #411 on: November 1, 2023, 10:14:09 pm »
Great again

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #412 on: November 1, 2023, 10:16:44 pm »
This, plus Joe being injury prone and Konate picking up knocks quite a bit in the past. Virgil getting no younger too. We'll need a couple in the next years but great to see Quansah been giving a go and taking to the big boy football so quickly.
Is Joe actually injury prone though? I know that may sound silly but outside the big injuries he’s had he hasn’t seemed to have missed lots of games with niggles etc. Can’t recall the last time he missed much time either
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #413 on: November 1, 2023, 10:19:49 pm »
Is Joe actually injury prone though? I know that may sound silly but outside the big injuries he’s had he hasn’t seemed to have missed lots of games with niggles etc. Can’t recall the last time he missed much time either

I wouldn't say he's injury prone, it's just he's had a few big injuries, following on from one another. It's obvious they have taken their time with Joe to get him into some really good physical shape before using him. Hopefully he will stay injury free this season and continue to regain his form and confidence.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #414 on: November 1, 2023, 10:28:21 pm »
He's fucking brilliant. Motm.
"Salahs in here......"

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #415 on: November 1, 2023, 10:29:14 pm »
Kloppo:
"Jarell was my Man of the Match. Strong in the tackles. We gave him the ball a lot. He had a lot to do. Super game."

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #416 on: November 1, 2023, 10:29:38 pm »

He couldn't have missed too many games since the last long term injury which was about November 2020, he didn't play for the rest of that season did he. From there on anything he's missed will have mainly been niggly ones, last season for example I don't think he missed any at all until a couple late on, and none so this season yet. Suppose there is a reason he's not made 200 appearances yet into his 9th season with the club. He's still only 26 though which feels quite remarkable, if we're lucky enough to keep him as fit as he has been these last couple of years into what are often seen as the best years of your career for so many players, then it'll feel like quite a treat.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #417 on: November 1, 2023, 10:31:06 pm »
Great performance from him again. Looks a dominant cb in the making. We will still need to sign another if matip is off though.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #418 on: November 1, 2023, 10:31:08 pm »
I bet that twat Southgate hasn't got a clue about him.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #419 on: November 1, 2023, 10:34:02 pm »
He couldn't have missed too many games since the last long term injury which was about November 2020, he didn't play for the rest of that season did he. From there on anything he's missed will have mainly been niggly ones, last season for example I don't think he missed any at all until a couple late on, and none so this season yet. Suppose there is a reason he's not made 200 appearances yet into his 9th season with the club. He's still only 26 though which feels quite remarkable, if we're lucky enough to keep him as fit as he has been these last couple of years into what are often seen as the best years of your career for so many players, then it'll feel like quite a treat.
You’ve made me look that up, genuinely surprised despite the injuries he’s not played 200 games.

Anyways this is Jarrell’s thread so we better get back on topic

Jarrell is fuckin ace
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline chromed

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #421 on: November 1, 2023, 10:44:08 pm »

Good! Keep him away from the national side for as long as possible. He'd only end up getting injured in a dead rubber against San Marino
YNWA - JFT97

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #422 on: November 1, 2023, 10:46:38 pm »

He’s too obsessed with Maguire to even have a clue about Quansah. Absolute rolls Royce of a player.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #423 on: November 1, 2023, 11:03:22 pm »
thank christ for that.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #424 on: November 1, 2023, 11:03:26 pm »
Joe was immense today endlessly going forward in that slog pitch. put in a capital shift. think he was almost gassed at the end which i never thought id see the day, but thats what he put into it.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #425 on: November 1, 2023, 11:05:38 pm »
Joe was immense today endlessly going forward in that slog pitch. put in a capital shift. think he was almost gassed at the end which i never thought id see the day, but thats what he put into it.
wrong thread mate :)

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: November 1, 2023, 11:11:03 pm »
Oh boy what a player we have on our hands here. 20 years old at centre back in this Liverpool side and he doesn’t look out of his depth one bit.

Think we’re in good hands when Virg decides it’s time to hang them up; that’s how good I think this lad will be.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: November 1, 2023, 11:13:14 pm »
Oh boy what a player we have on our hands here. 20 years old at centre back in this Liverpool side and he doesn’t look out of his depth one bit.

Think we’re in good hands when Virg decides it’s time to hang them up; that’s how good I think this lad will be.

Tonight was the type of weather that would show off and of his limitations.

I saw none.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: November 1, 2023, 11:44:14 pm »
Will be interesting to see how things develop with him over the next year or two. We didn't know much about him at the start of season but every time he's stepped on the pitch for us he's looked like a £50m signing from Leipzig or Brighton. Early days but very promising signs.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #429 on: November 2, 2023, 01:23:43 am »
Highlights here

https://twitter.com/1947production/status/1719842369397244110?s=61&t=IBM61bzNciP9yNB3C-HiEg

thanks. no joke about the conditions. looks horrendous to play in.

seems like our defenders have turned out like virgil lite. press resistant on the ball and aggressive and front foot when off it

the shoulders on this lad though. and still only 20. just saved 30-50m on a defender and would love to see how he progresses. definitely a first team player now.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #430 on: November 2, 2023, 03:37:22 am »

I think Joe fits in great as a fullback when needed. He has improved positionally in that role game on game and his pace helps on those recovery runs or when bombing forward. Pretty decent crosses too. I think if Matip goes, we definitely need another center half. We can ease off on getting another fullback because we can have a midfielder play that inverted fullback role on either side in a crunch. Doing a defensive minded midfielder in january and a center half in the summer would make all the sense.

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #431 on: November 2, 2023, 08:17:24 am »
What a nice surprise he's been. Looks like he's been in the team for years. One of the options at the back for me now. Would still be looking to get another one in come next summer though, especially if Matip leaves. Hopefully someone durable as Konate and Gomez are not exactly the most durable.

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #432 on: November 2, 2023, 08:46:19 am »
It's very early days, but he's looked impressive so far. In what had the potential to be quite a tricky match, he impressed everytime he imposed himself on the game.

Offline Wghennessy

• Embarassing
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #433 on: November 2, 2023, 08:51:43 am »
Not signing a cb makes so much sense now. Great performance.

Online Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #434 on: November 2, 2023, 10:26:51 am »
Starting to see now why Liverpool weren't so concerned about signing a centre back in the summer when half the fanbase were crying out for Inacio or Hincapie. Quansah is in the same age bracket as those two players and looks absolutely brilliant every time he steps out on to the pitch.

Van Dijk is 12 years older than Quansah, in an ideal world, he'll be able to step up as Virgil's successor when he's starting to wind down.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #435 on: November 2, 2023, 10:35:26 am »
Starting to see now why Liverpool weren't so concerned about signing a centre back in the summer when half the fanbase were crying out for Inacio or Hincapie. Quansah is in the same age bracket as those two players and looks absolutely brilliant every time he steps out on to the pitch.

Van Dijk is 12 years older than Quansah, in an ideal world, he'll be able to step up as Virgil's successor when he's starting to wind down.

I'd expect we will still sign a center half in the summer but as you say Quansah's emergence meant we didn't need to rush signing "anyone" last summer as some people wanted. We will stick to signing the right player which seems to work out very well for us.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #436 on: November 2, 2023, 10:37:27 am »
I'm not comparing him to Virgil as it's unfair on any 20-year old but he does that same nonchalant attitude.  I've not seen him look flustered and when he performs a strong piece of defending he just gets on with it.

It's a personal preference thing but I'm never comfortable seeing defenders playing like they've snorted cocaine and going mad every time they block a shot or make a tackle.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #437 on: November 2, 2023, 10:54:29 am »
When you pay top dollar for good quality players, their influence permeates the entire establishment. Jarell is no Virgil of course - very different players - but the influence of quality begetting is undeniable.

Spending decent money on the right players can save a fortune in the long run, as their attitude and work ethic sets the bar for the up and coming players. A world away from the car crash at Old Trafford.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: November 2, 2023, 11:08:17 am »
Excellent performance. Love how he always wants to keep the ball at all costs.
Its hard to tell how he is in terms of pace.
Not slow at all but unclear if he has great recovery pace. Not that he doesnt I am just unsure as he hasnt really been tested having to cover a big distance

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #439 on: November 2, 2023, 11:24:07 am »
There was an interesting moment in the second half, when we were playing it around at the back – he seemed to spot the danger that was a couple of steps away. He was urging Kelleher to look at the space to his right, instead of the more congested left. There was a pass on to the left for Kelleher, so he went that way despite Quansah's obvious frustration. We ended up getting pressed off the ball and Bournemouth had a decent chance from it, but I think it was a bit of a sign of really good in game intelligence that you don't normally see with such a young player.

There's also the chance he just didn't want the ball near him in such a tight space ;D
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp