Author Topic: Reds agree Adam deal  (Read 139713 times)

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: Reds agree Adam deal
« Reply #1120 on: July 6, 2011, 07:18:41 pm »
Yup. Gaelic is the working language at Melwood and they're all fluent in it of course.

How much did Henderson cost?
Gaelic?
I didn't know Kenny could grunt in two languages!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1121 on: July 6, 2011, 07:19:03 pm »
Jan was barrel chested you know!
Barrel breasted too.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1122 on: July 6, 2011, 07:19:19 pm »

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1123 on: July 6, 2011, 07:20:35 pm »
Seconded.  Loved that man "Oh I say, his vision there was lovely"

oh yes.
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Online In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1124 on: July 6, 2011, 07:20:49 pm »
Great news, proven PL performer. local lad, no settling in difficulties, speaks the same language as Clarke and Kenny, good fitness record, a step up for him with something to prove.

Your xenophobia is getting a little bit cringeworthy now...
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1125 on: July 6, 2011, 07:20:54 pm »
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Lebron

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1126 on: July 6, 2011, 07:21:14 pm »
Everyone in england speaks scottish?  ???

Is there such language as Scottish??

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1127 on: July 6, 2011, 07:22:26 pm »
7m is a bit of a bargain .....as long as he maintains for us what he did at Blackpool. Depending on the opposition I could see us going with

..........Adam
Kuyt.....SG................Downing
................Suarez
.......Carroll.....

as certain teams will probably pack midfield play one attacker so Lucas may not be required as a shield to a backline. All about options and we just added to our passing ability from our own half so a good plus I think.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Welsh Red

• Kopite
  • Kopite
« Reply #1128 on: July 6, 2011, 07:22:49 pm »

No
Y.N.W.A

Offline kirkyg

• Kopite
  • Why did Igor always look confused?
« Reply #1129 on: July 6, 2011, 07:23:38 pm »
Not sure, but I heard Shelvey would be one.

I fucking hope not, A loan maybe but if we sold him i'd be gutted
He's big he's red he'll wack you in the head.....

Offline Igor Zidane

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1130 on: July 6, 2011, 07:23:39 pm »
Welcome to Liverpool COW KECKS.
SOS No 821

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #1131 on: July 6, 2011, 07:23:57 pm »
7m is a bit of a bargain .....as long as he maintains for us what he did at Blackpool. Depending on the opposition I could see us going with

..........Adam
.....SG........Suarez
Kuyt...Carroll.....Downing if purchased

as certain teams will probably pack midfield play one attacker so Lucas may not be required as a shield to a backline. All about options and we just added to our passing ability from our own half so a good plus I think.

I definitely couldn't see Suarez playing in midfield.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1132 on: July 6, 2011, 07:24:42 pm »

Course there is Scotlandians speak it.

Offline its cold in the stands

• e e cummings
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1133 on: July 6, 2011, 07:25:46 pm »
welcome to liverpool charlie.
as a scot he`s got a lot to live up to, when LFC first started john mckenna went north of the border and signed 13 scots.
our greatest player in our early days was alex raisbeck, often called liverpool`s first superstar, he was scottish and captained us to two league titles and of course there was the great billy liddell and of course the likes of shankly and the two foundation stones that the modern liverpool was build upon - ron yeats and ian st john.
then we had the great scots like dalglish, souness, hansen and nicol who helped us dominate english and european football.
if at the end of his liverpool career charlie has earned a place in this team of liverpool scots he would have been a brilliant player for us.

tommy lawrence

ste nicol                                            alan hansen                   ron yeats                           alex raisbeck

peter cormack                               graeme souness             billy stevenson                         billy liddell

kenny dalglish                   ian st. john

every one of those players played in title winning sides for this club, hopefully charlie joins that list.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1134 on: July 6, 2011, 07:29:02 pm »
Course there is Scotlandians speak it.

so does Suarez

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1135 on: July 6, 2011, 07:31:15 pm »
I definitely couldn't see Suarez playing in midfield.

Edited that as meant in the hole
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #1136 on: July 6, 2011, 07:32:43 pm »

Yeah, that looks better.
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline redsox0411

• I've got a crappy one but I've learned to live with it.....it is kind of selfexplanatory.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1137 on: July 6, 2011, 07:33:05 pm »
Does this mean we'll have to play Blackpool in a friendly now?

Oh, and Welcome to the best club in the world Charlie.

Offline chris.volante

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1138 on: July 6, 2011, 07:33:55 pm »

Don't understand this line of thinking. Have another look at Blackpool's 2nd goal at Anfield for an example of what happens when you don't have a disciplined CM who's prepared to cover the back four.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1139 on: July 6, 2011, 07:34:06 pm »
Cue up the  obligatory Mcarthy gif someone
W

Offline Matt8Pie

• Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #1140 on: July 6, 2011, 07:36:10 pm »
Cue up the  obligatory Mcarthy gif someone

ONE IN THE HOLE YOU SAY?

Offline suptoyou

• Only allowed on RAWK after he's finished his homework and promises to be in bed by 10 on a school night. Classroom Frig Monitor.
  • Main Stander
« Reply #1141 on: July 6, 2011, 07:36:39 pm »
This is an old school top wack signing.
I am effing delighted ..... Charlie is Liverpool style through and through.

8)

Offline BFM

• Legacy Fan
  • Compulsive hyperbolic exaggerator
« Reply #1142 on: July 6, 2011, 07:41:20 pm »
Charlie Adam arrives for medical

Can't wait to see him in red
If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing.

Offline simesy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1143 on: July 6, 2011, 07:44:25 pm »
Only just got the news! Welcome to liverpool lad.£7 mill is gonna seem like a bargain. :wave
When you're in the penalty area & dont know what to do with the ball, stick it in the net & we'll discuss the options later"  Bob Paisley

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #1144 on: July 6, 2011, 07:47:12 pm »
Delighted with this. I think he improves the squad, our options at set pieces, our options in midfield or off the bench and is a better player than people on here seem to think.  :)

And I'm even more delighted that the deal and the fee put to shame the reactionary twats all over the transfer forum who slam the club based on a fee quoted by some random media source and then argue for days about the clubs transfer policy is awful and we shouldn't be paying £12m for Adam and 'what are we doing?! Commolli is reckless!' etc etc.

You should be embarrassed with yourselves. In fact, I'm embarrassed for you.
 :wave
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline Ambrosia

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1145 on: July 6, 2011, 07:49:12 pm »
Delighted with this. I think he improves the squad, our options at set pieces, our options in midfield or off the bench and is a better player than people on here seem to think.  :)

And I'm even more delighted that the deal and the fee put to shame the reactionary twats all over the transfer forum who slam the club based on a fee quoted by some random media source and then argue for days about the clubs transfer policy is awful and we shouldn't be paying £12m for Adam and 'what are we doing?! Commolli is reckless!' etc etc.

Oh look.

Paul acting the sanctimonious arse again.

Offline Paul JH

• Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #1146 on: July 6, 2011, 07:49:49 pm »
Oh look.

Oh look, Ambrosia posting unadulterated shite again. Your the kind of poster I'm talking about, and seeing as you got the hump with my post, says it all.

I'd like to hear what part of being opposed to fans calling him a fat bastard, we should walk away and not pay £12m (just plucked out the air figure) and that Blackpool were doing this and that through the whole deal, when no-one knew anything about what was going on, is wrong?
« Last Edit: July 6, 2011, 07:52:04 pm by Paul JH »

Offline bclfc

• Legacy Fan
  • I think my F5 has gone weird
    • The Who Boys
« Reply #1147 on: July 6, 2011, 07:50:29 pm »

Ditto.

So now we'll have the obligatory couple days of sanity and then it'll all start kicking off again! 

I think Charlie will be a fantastic addition, frees up Gerrard to play in the hole if needed, or on the right in certain situations, and brings fantastic set pieces, corners and passing similar to Gerrard.  Just the idea of Adam whipping in corners, allowing Stevie to set up just outside the box, with Carroll's heading and Suarez's trickery, suddenly we are severely dangerous.
« Last Edit: July 6, 2011, 07:52:03 pm by bclfc »
"If people trust and love you, you will never walk alone." - Philippos

Quote from: shanklyboy on April  3, 2006, 12:04:44 AM

IF YOU'RE EVER SKINT ROMAN
          WE'VE GOT 5 EUROS

Offline Crackerjack Sam

• Legacy Fan
  • Egyptian Magician
« Reply #1148 on: July 6, 2011, 07:50:46 pm »
Its about time!

;D
PSN ID - hajme1   
Sticking to RAWK I am.  Real forum, real mods, real fans, fair and unbiased opinions etc..etc.. 8)

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1149 on: July 6, 2011, 07:50:49 pm »
Oh look.

:lmao

Possibly the single most ironic comment on RAWK.

Offline bclfc

• Legacy Fan
  • I think my F5 has gone weird
    • The Who Boys
« Reply #1150 on: July 6, 2011, 07:50:57 pm »
Oh look.

Can we just talk about our new signing, then?
"If people trust and love you, you will never walk alone." - Philippos

Quote from: shanklyboy on April  3, 2006, 12:04:44 AM

IF YOU'RE EVER SKINT ROMAN
          WE'VE GOT 5 EUROS

Offline Joey_Healy

• Main Stander
  • Patience is Key
« Reply #1151 on: July 6, 2011, 07:52:07 pm »
Welcome to Liverpool Charlie YNWA
http://twitter.com/#!/Joey_Healy
how did cole do? Missed the game.
He showed promise and looked up for it....then it all went to pot when we kicked off.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1152 on: July 6, 2011, 07:52:24 pm »
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Paul JH

• Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #1153 on: July 6, 2011, 07:53:13 pm »
:lmao

Possibly the single most ironic comment on RAWK.

Meh to her mate. I've read her posts, and I don't really need to point out why I can't stand them.

Charlie Adam is going to be a great addition to the squad.

Offline kenworthy

• but Deirdre isn't
  • Legacy Fan
  • He hits them from 40 yards...
« Reply #1154 on: July 6, 2011, 07:53:59 pm »
Welcome Charlie! What a steal at 7m!
★      ★      ★      ★      ★
77     78     81     84     05
               YNWA

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1155 on: July 6, 2011, 07:55:25 pm »
Oh look, Ambrosia posting unadulterated shite again. Your the kind of poster I'm talking about, and seeing as you got the hump with my post, says it all.

I'd like to hear what part of being opposed to fans calling him a fat bastard, we should walk away and not pay £12m (just plucked out the air figure) and that Blackpool were doing this and that through the whole deal, when no-one knew anything about what was going on, is wrong?

He is a fat bastard. But he's OUR fat bastard.

More fatties is what we need! When do we want them? NOW!!
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline barneystuta

• Legacy Fan
    • This Is Analysis - Stories & Analysis about Liverpool Football Club
« Reply #1156 on: July 6, 2011, 07:55:54 pm »
Not questioning the amount, sounds about right, and made up if it is the quoted £7m and Blackpool get a couple of players on loan.

But, do we have anything "official" about this? Or a good solid source?

Cheers.

Offline Ambrosia

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1157 on: July 6, 2011, 07:57:21 pm »

I barely post in the transfer thread so i doubt i'm the "kind of poster" you're talking about.

But don't let me stop you from sitting on your high horse, Superfan  :)

Offline Paul JH

• Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #1158 on: July 6, 2011, 07:57:50 pm »
Not questioning the amount, sounds about right, and made up if it is the quoted £7m and Blackpool get a couple of players on loan.

But, do we have anything "official" about this? Or a good solid source?

Cheers.

Try the official club website. It's on there.
(or am I being wooshed here?)

Offline simesy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1159 on: July 6, 2011, 07:58:39 pm »

This!
When you're in the penalty area & dont know what to do with the ball, stick it in the net & we'll discuss the options later"  Bob Paisley