Author Topic: The English Football Poker/Brinkmanship/Chicken/FFS Draft - Rules and Round 11  (Read 25860 times)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
I’m going for Stéphane Henchoz lads, more than welcome to join me in Division One  :)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
08/09 was pretty amazing for top 6 CMs. Spoilt for choice and will no doubt pick the same player as five other people whilst five other world class players go unpicked and I end up with Steve Sidwell.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
I’m going for Stéphane Henchoz lads, more than welcome to join me in Division One  :)

Thanks for letting us know.  Now, the omega death spiral starts.

Henchoz it is! 

FYI --- we all could have had Carra, Matip, and Aldeweireld
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 11:07:18 pm by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
Going for Marco Materazzi, Youri Tielemans and Javier Mascherano.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

• Legacy Fan
If anyone is contemplating a Chelsea CM, hit me up first
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
08/09 was pretty amazing for top 6 CMs. Spoilt for choice and will no doubt pick the same player as five other people whilst five other world class players go unpicked and I end up with Steve Sidwell.

There is another ginger...
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
D’oh!

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
If anyone is contemplating a Chelsea CM, hit me up first

Don't do it
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

• Legacy Fan

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
Already done it

You have until the deadline to undo it. There's many other good ones in that time frame.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Poor trend/Chakan have four picks to make ;D

All gone a pit peach shaped hasn't it?

Btw is says 2009/2009 season!?!

Is that 2008/09 season or 2009/10 season???

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Calm as you like -  Shawcross, Henchoz, Jonjo, and Lampard.  Thick, stick, and will stamp.

This is my all-injure your team pick - for everyone cock-blocking.  You know who you are! 
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan

Btw is says 2009/2009 season!?!

Is that 2008/09 season or 2009/10 season???

His first post says 08/09

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Vishwa Atma

• Legacy Fan
  • Money for nothing....
Sorry mates, been busy with some domestic troubles.... utterly shitty timing. I'm back now.. Lfsea thanks for taking over for me:wave

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
Sorry mates, been busy with some domestic troubles.... utterly shitty timing. I'm back now.. Lfsea thanks for taking over for me:wave

Welcome back :wave hope all is well!
I’m so glad that Jürgen is a Red…

• Legacy Fan
How close are we?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Hope you and yours are well, mate!  First things first :)
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• Legacy Fan
Whats the hold up :D

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
Whats the hold up :D

Most must be in by now!
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
JK on mod patrol?

• Legacy Fan

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
We're good to go.

Vish came back, then went away again ;D Luckily Lfsea made picks for him in time. Unluckily... well, you'll see.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
Round 7 pix:

MikeyLFC - Marco Materazzi (Tier 3 98/99 CB), Youri Tielemans (Tier 2 CM), Javier Mascherano (Tier 1 08/09 CM)
Fucking appalled - Stephane Henchoz (Tier 3 98/99 CB), Xabi Alonso (Tier 1 08/09 CM)
Lovelycushionesheader - Ruben Neves (Tier 2 CM), Michael Essien (Tier 1 08/09 CM)
Vivabobby - Fabregas (Tier 1 08/09 CM)
Claus - Frank Lampard (08/09 CM)
DeFacto - Hegazi (Tier 4 CB), Fabregas (Tier 1 08/09 CM)
Maxpowers - Dave Watson (Tier 3 98/99 CB), Felipe Anderson (Tier 2 CM), Paul Scholes (Tier 1 08/09 CM)
TrendisnotChakan - Hegazi (Tier 4 CB), Stephane Henchoz (Tier 3 98/99 CB), Declan Rice, (Tier 2 CM), Luke Modric 10/11 (Ringer CM)
AdzLFC - John Obi Mikel (Tier 4 CB), Cristiano Ronaldo (Tier 1 08/09 CM)
Vishwa - James Maddison (Tier 2 CM), Cristiano Ronaldo (Tier 1 09/09 CM)

SO...

Tier 4 CBs first. Adz went for John Obi Mikel. I did a bit of a double take but you're quire right, he played for Boro last season. In he goes. Two of you went for Hegazi, so he's invalid. I'm sorry. Tier 5 CBs for you - bottom half of the Championship please, Trend/Chakan and defacto.

Tier 3 98/99 CBS next. Materazzi and Dave Watson are good - a lot of Everton love. Henchoz was picked twice and is invalid so Trend/Chakan and fucking need to send me Tier 4 98/99 CBs. That's the top half of the old Division 1, so Sunderland, Bradford, Ipswich, Watford, Birmingham, Bolton, Wolves, Sheffield United, Norwich, Huddersfield, Grimsby, WBA and Barnsley.

Tier 2 CMs. Tielemans, Rice, Maddison, Felipe Anderson and Neves are ALL good. So all go into the teams.

Tier 1 98/99 CMs. Some classy players making the cut. Alonso, Essien, Lampard, Mascherano and Scholes go through, as does Modric 10/11 as a ringer. Alas, Cristiano Ronaldo and Cesc Fabregas were both picked twice and are invalid.

Updated teams and invalid picks:

DeFacto - Alex McCarthy (GK), Daryl Janmaat (RB), Digne (LB), Pallister (98/99 CB), Gundogan (CM)
Fucking appalled* - Kasper Schmeichel (GK), Steven Gerrard (04/05, RB), Creswell (LB), Mamadou Sakho (CB), Xabi Alonso (08/09 CM), David Silva (CM)
TrendisnotChakan* - Ederson (GK), Wan-Bissaka (RB), Van Dijk (LB), Rice (CM), Modric (10/11 CM)
Claus - De Gea (GK), Robertson (RB), Kyle Walker (LB), Roy Keane (98/99 CB), Bednarek (CB), Henderson (CM), Lampard (08/09 CM)
MikeyLFC - Rui Patricio (GK), Montoya (RB), Chilwell (LB), Sanchez (CB), Materazzi (98/99 CB), Tielemans (CM), Mascherano (08/09 CM)
Max_powers* - Nick Pope (GK), Bellerin (RB), Otto (LB), Coady (CB), Dave Watson (98/99 CB), Felipe Anderson (CM), Scholes (08/09 CM)
vivaboby - Butland (GK), De Bruyne (RB), van Aanholt (LB), Lascelles (CB), Sol Campbell (98/99 CB), Fernandinho (CM)
AdzLFC - Tom Heaton (GK), Michail Antonio (RB), Laporte (LB), Stam (98/99 CB), John Obi Mikel (CB), Eriksen (CM)
Lovelycushionedheader - Matt Ryan (GK), Cedric Soares (RB), Emerson Palmieri (LB), Rudiger (CB), Stuart Pearce (98/99 CB), Ruben Neves (CM), Michael Essien (08/09 CM)
Vishwa* - Pickford (GK), Alexander-Arnold (RB), James Milner (LB), Irwin (98/99 CB), Dunk (CB), Maddison (CM)

*Indicates have used winger pick.

Invalid picks - Alisson, Kepa, Lloris, Fabianski, Azpilicueta, Fabinho, Vertonghen, Rose, Pereira, Gomez, Kompany, Maguire, Schar, Desailly, Adams, Rio Ferdinand, Ake, Des Walker, Kante, Patrick Vieira, Hegazi, Henchoz, Cristiano Ronaldo, Fabregas.

SO.
I need Tier 5 18/19 CBs from Trend and deFacto.
I need Tier 4 98/99 CBs from Trend and fucking appalled.
I need Tier 2 CMs from viva, defacto, Adz and Vishna.
And Tier 1 Attacking midfielders/numbers 10s (18/again) from everyone.

Can someone please sort out Trend/Chakan's defence, they still need both CBs ;D

« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 11:29:02 pm by JerseyKloppite »

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
Think Lovely got a great midfield combo there with Neves and Essien.

Ditto Mikey with Tielemans and Masch, and fucking appalled with Silva and Alonso. Rice/Modric, Henderson/Lampard and Felipe Anderson/Scholes also look tasty.

I hope defacto and Trend get their Tier 5 CBs, though a LITTLE bit of me wants to see people dip into League 1.

Also intrigued to see a couple of CBs from the old First Division coming up...

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
Two people picked Hegazi! and now have to go to Tier 5  :lmao

Some weird looking teams out there. I think Mikey's is the best of the lot. Has good players, all playing in their natural positions.

• Legacy Fan
Mother of God, Trend why must you think alike myself? :D

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Mother of God, Trend why must you think alike myself? :D

I told you, he’s got a beastly 9,000 word synopsis sorted for someone in League Two. It’s a surefire hit!
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

• Legacy Fan
I told you, he’s got a beastly 9,000 word synopsis sorted for someone in League Two. It’s a surefire hit!

;D

Who knew that Hegazi would be so popular

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
If you pick him, he won't be in the 'right mental state' as he has his heart set on playing for me

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
For our cb's we're gonna have Bob the grocer and Steve the dentist.

• Legacy Fan
Can I pick myself as the CB? :D

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Titus Bramble will still be knocking around, surely?

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
Lovely cushioned header (didn't take) LAMPAAAAAAARD

Hey Claus, fuck off.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Too cowardly  :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• Legacy Fan
Why would you mad bastards select Ronaldo as a CM? :D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

He was on our list. 

Btw, how come you get Shawcross?  I brought him up first on the thread :)

Fighting for Shawcross?  What has the world come to :)
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan

I considered it too!

Hey Claus, fuck off.

• Legacy Fan
He was on our list. 

Btw, how come you get Shawcross?  I brought him up first on the thread :)

Fighting for Shawcross?  What has the world come to :)

I saw the poor bastard broke his leg and that's the only reason he popped in my head  ;D