Author Topic: Struggling with depression  (Read 620924 times)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Re: Struggling with depression
« Reply #8440 on: May 1, 2024, 03:29:15 pm »
They're pricks mate. The whole thing will likely cost more than it would save. Most of those forced into looking for work would soon be back out of work and so on. The sick are just another target to divide the country now they've squeezed as much as they can out of targeting immigrants.
It'll be the cause of an upsurge in suicides too.  They know it's a vote winner with the right wing, though, who enjoy punching down. It's all out of the fascist playbook. Scapegoat immigrants, the sick and the disabled and hold them up as the problem in order to rally the ignorant and the callous. It keeps working for them, so I can see why they persist with it.  :-\

I absolutely despise them.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline fridgepants

• Main Stander
  • They should let everybody be a giant for a day
« Reply #8441 on: May 1, 2024, 05:21:19 pm »
Sick people, immigrants, young people and renters largely don't vote Tory, so they couldn't give a fuck - it's all about mollifying groups like The Taxpayer's Alliance and people that screech about benefits and young people all buying flat-screen TVs. I honestly think any politician responsible for benefits policy should have their wage cut to the maximum allowance for six months and see how they get on - no expense accounts, no paid-for accommodation.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8442 on: May 1, 2024, 05:43:50 pm »
Sick people, immigrants, young people and renters largely don't vote Tory, so they couldn't give a fuck - it's all about mollifying groups like The Taxpayer's Alliance and people that screech about benefits and young people all buying flat-screen TVs. I honestly think any politician responsible for benefits policy should have their wage cut to the maximum allowance for six months and see how they get on - no expense accounts, no paid-for accommodation.

no subsidised meals at Parliament too. Cod and chips £8. It's £17 in the nearest pub to me that serves it. I think they can order venison for less than £15 at Parliament too. It's £28 at the hotel round the corner from me.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline peelyon

• strangefruit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8443 on: May 3, 2024, 06:08:36 pm »
Anyone struggling with the weather? It's really REALLY taking it's toll.  Made even worse by the fact that yesterday was really nice so managed to get out and do a bit in the garden.  Never ending grey shit weather really demotivates me in general.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #8444 on: May 4, 2024, 09:55:37 am »
Anyone struggling with the weather? It's really REALLY taking it's toll.  Made even worse by the fact that yesterday was really nice so managed to get out and do a bit in the garden.  Never ending grey shit weather really demotivates me in general.

100%

when Mr Sun is shining and I'm absorbing some of him I am fantastic

Sat in the park the other day at 18 degrees and started a La's radio station

I'm stuck inside due to the wind, the wind is out of control most days.  Well, okay, I'm grieving, I can brave any weather, but I'd sure like that huge psychological boost of sunshine

I can cope with anything in the sunshine yknow

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8445 on: May 4, 2024, 01:10:51 pm »
It's the first time I've been aware of trees not being fully green in May. Some have busted out in the past week or so, but walking around the park this morning there are definitely some still holding out. It barely feels like spring, more like a never ending February.

Starting laughing to myself while out driving earlier. Bus load of tourists had pulled up for a pit stop at a garage, all wearing big coats and some woolly hats. They all looked so bloody miserable and cold. I did think to myself they were getting the proper local experience and I respected them for visiting when they could have booked flights to somewhere warm with their time off.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown