Author Topic: Spurs: fucking useless  (Read 2607299 times)

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Spurs
« Reply #6520 on: October 20, 2017, 01:15:49 pm »
Exactly. Does Eel Lobo think you need to be fucking Poirot to notice these things?

Lieutenant Columbo surely?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 01:27:35 pm by Hazell »
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Elf Pistolero_7

• Relegated.
  • Kopite
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
    • Spirit Of Shankly
« Reply #6521 on: October 20, 2017, 01:22:35 pm »
 Wasn't Winks the one that injured Danny Ings? Little Iniesta? Fuck me. :lmao
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I'm very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that"

Bill Shankly. He made the people happy.

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #6522 on: October 20, 2017, 02:34:33 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsfTezFDeUU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsfTezFDeUU</a>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsfTezFDeUU

Nothing flashy you might say, but this video does show why Spurs fans are genuinely excited by him. Excellent composure, never looks like losing the ball, great interceptions. Reminds of a little of a more mobile young Michael Carrick. Poch calls him 'Little Iniesta'. Always looking forward and progressive with his passing, never looks like giving the ball away. Very composed, the fact that he was doing this away at Real Madrid in the CL just makes it even more impressive.
love how people cream their pants over potential. lets see where he is at in a few years please, by the way, hope we fucken smash you on sunday.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #6523 on: October 20, 2017, 02:38:38 pm »
Lieutenant Columbo surely?

You used to call him Kojak
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6524 on: October 20, 2017, 10:01:53 pm »
Did we get as much hype and adulation off the press when we won at the Bernabeu and then spanked them at Anfield?

I was living in America at the time of those ties.

Been some baffling lines i've read this week,one of them is that Spurs have made the world take notice of them with that draw in a group game against a off the boil Real Madrid side.

I guess if we get a result away at Spurs  this weekend we will get a lot of adulation from the press for such an almighty achievement.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #6525 on: October 20, 2017, 10:24:28 pm »
Top4's their everything
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6526 on: October 20, 2017, 10:31:49 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsfTezFDeUU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsfTezFDeUU</a>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsfTezFDeUU

Like watching a young Ray Wilkins. Inspired music choice by the author of the clip as well .... t’riffic

Offline My Original Username Back

• Kopite
« Reply #6527 on: October 21, 2017, 11:13:12 am »
love how people cream their pants over potential. lets see where he is at in a few years please, by the way, hope we fucken smash you on sunday.

Unlikely.

Offline Thats So Dimitar

• Kopite
« Reply #6528 on: October 21, 2017, 01:26:41 pm »
Unlikely.

Jesus mate, I'm a Spurs fan as well but you are nauseating
We beat Real Madrid

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6529 on: October 21, 2017, 01:27:44 pm »
Jesus mate, I'm a Spurs fan as well but you are nauseating

:lmao

Fucking hell when it’s a fellow supporter telling you that on an opposition forum....
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #6530 on: October 21, 2017, 01:55:40 pm »
Let's decamp to the prematch topic and spare the long term one.

Offline My Original Username Back

• Kopite
« Reply #6531 on: November 3, 2017, 02:29:47 pm »
Important to get 3 points on Sunday with so many rivals playing each other.

No Lloris or Alderweireld for a few weeks but the international break has come at the right time for us because of those injuries.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6532 on: November 3, 2017, 04:12:16 pm »
Top of their group and unbeaten in the Champions League is impressive. I don't get the arrogance towards them on here. They are doing well in both the league and the Champions League. They have a strong starting eleven filled with relatively cheap players. They are certainly doing something right.

Offline Euskadi

• Legacy Fan
  • Main Stander
« Reply #6533 on: November 3, 2017, 04:19:03 pm »
Did we get as much hype and adulation off the press when we won at the Bernabeu and then spanked them at Anfield?

I was living in America at the time of those ties.

Been some baffling lines i've read this week,one of them is that Spurs have made the world take notice of them with that draw in a group game against a off the boil Real Madrid side.

I guess if we get a result away at Spurs  this weekend we will get a lot of adulation from the press for such an almighty achievement.

I was in Madrid that night, so special to have absolutely spanked them both home and away that season. Without taking anything away from what we achieved, but this real Madrid have been European Champions twice in the last three years and did the double last year. Spurs have done very well indeed, are great to watch and have done so spending within their means. Certainly the team I would like to see win the league aside from us.
;D  Mate of mine and me are the same, everyone swears we are brothers when we're out. He calls me slaphead, I call him slaphead, so when I see him I go "slap" and he replies "slap. People be looking and thinking what the f**k are these 2 on  ;D
but he's a blue nose, so he's a c*nt

as per "Slaphead" on the 10th May 2018

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6534 on: November 3, 2017, 04:31:59 pm »
Top of their group and unbeaten in the Champions League is impressive. I don't get the arrogance towards them on here. They are doing well in both the league and the Champions League. They have a strong starting eleven filled with relatively cheap players. They are certainly doing something right.
Indeed. Credit where it's due, they're looking really good. Not sure if they're quite as wonderfully brilliantly amazing as the current media adulation would suggest but who knows what they can achieve if their first team attackers can all stay fit? Four points off Real is always a good group stage, and looking like topping a group containing them and BVB is not to be sniffed at, even if those teams haven't really got going this year. They're also the team I most like to watch after us and City in the league, they play some really good footy and combine it with a competent defence, unlike ourselves. Fair play to them.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6535 on: November 3, 2017, 06:04:25 pm »
I have nothing against Spurs, as long as they never win anything again.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6536 on: November 3, 2017, 06:06:57 pm »
I have nothing against Spurs, as long as they never win anything again.

Honestly mate, how old are you?

They've won two League Cups in the last 25 years, they're not exactly rubbing your faces in silverware are they? I genuinely cant even remember them being successful. Actually that's not true, I remember the famous Allan Nielsen diving header that went down in folklore.

Offline Kovai Red

• Oh my captain!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Educated Farrago
« Reply #6537 on: November 4, 2017, 07:09:39 am »
Honestly mate, how old are you?

They've won two League Cups in the last 25 years, they're not exactly rubbing your faces in silverware are they? I genuinely cant even remember them being successful. Actually that's not true, I remember the famous Allan Nielsen diving header that went down in folklore.
To be fair, have a feeling that they are on verge of something special (in the last 2 or 3 seasons) which is not the case for last 25 years or so. Their core team is strong and consistently competing at the top end of league. It is impressive considering the league is surrounded by money bags and they have spent very less in comparison. And having Kane is like hitting a jackpot.
"Liverpool are the ones with the ball. I support them just for that"
"Ella pugazhum Iraivan Oruvanuke"

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #6538 on: November 4, 2017, 07:25:38 am »
I can`t stand Spurs and hope they lose every game.

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6539 on: November 4, 2017, 07:31:54 am »
I can`t stand Spurs and hope they lose every game.
Why?

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6540 on: November 4, 2017, 07:34:05 am »
Why?

....because they're a rival near the top of the table/top four?  :o

Nah actually you're right, hope they smash Palace tomorrow. Would be good for us

Offline Raaphael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6541 on: November 4, 2017, 07:34:15 am »
Why?

Why not? Is there an assumption that they are a team that can`t be disliked?

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6542 on: November 4, 2017, 09:31:40 am »

Maybe it's more why the effort? Why should one focus energy or hatred to something that's very unlikely to actually do very much in the end?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6543 on: November 4, 2017, 09:33:07 am »
Maybe it's more why the effort? Why should one focus energy or hatred to something that's very unlikely to actually do very much in the end?

Could you not same the same for love/support for a team too?

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #6544 on: November 4, 2017, 11:43:11 am »

What they did right was building from the back first, which is pretty much the antithesis of most Spurs teams for the past fifty years.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6545 on: November 4, 2017, 12:00:59 pm »
Important to get 3 points on Sunday with so many rivals playing each other.

No Lloris or Alderweireld for a few weeks but the international break has come at the right time for us because of those injuries.

Very important seeing as you choked against the Mancs.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6546 on: November 4, 2017, 01:47:09 pm »
What they did right was building from the back first, which is pretty much the antithesis of most Spurs teams for the past fifty years.
Made it easier having a world class striker fall in their lap out of nowhere, no doubting Pochettino's ability to organise a defense but his attacking signings have been lacklustre. They look half a team without Kane.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #6547 on: November 4, 2017, 01:48:46 pm »
Made it easier having a world class striker fall in their lap out of nowhere, no doubting Pochettino's ability to organise a defense but his attacking signings have been lacklustre. They look half a team without Kane.

No doubt about that. But you need a strong defence to continually compete in the upper echelons of the PL

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6548 on: November 4, 2017, 01:52:37 pm »
No doubt about that. But you need a strong defence to continually compete in the upper echelons of the PL
Both sides of the game are equally important, people are happy to rip into Klopp for not signing more defenders but forgot how shocking we were going forward as well under Rodgers when Suarez left. We were just sitting around waiting for Sturridge to come back from injury.

Spurs are lucky Kane isn't injury prone, he will stay fit long enough to get them up there with the organised team behind him. You can take 2 or 3 attackers out of our team though and we still look dangerous. If we can finally get it right at the back ready for next season then we'll challenge.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Triad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6549 on: November 4, 2017, 02:41:06 pm »
Tbf to him he definitely has an eye for a player.He could've signed both Mane and Coutinho but was a bit unlucky/lacked money.Levy would do well to go for broke with Pocchetino before he is inevitably tempted by a bigger club.

Offline Raaphael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6550 on: November 4, 2017, 02:43:37 pm »
Just tired of the Spurs wankfest. They haven`t actually won anything, yet Pochettino starts talking about them only wanting to win "real trophies"(not the league cup and the FA cup). I find it funny when fans of clubs like City and Spurs talk down trophies they could only dream of winning a few years back. Went to see a game at White Hart Lane a couple of years back. Couldn`t even locate the home crowd. Have never liked them as a team, won`t suddenly do it now.
« Last Edit: November 4, 2017, 02:47:49 pm by Raaphael »

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6551 on: November 4, 2017, 04:13:10 pm »
Of course not, mate. And I agree with you on the nauseating wankfest in the media. I just think that they deserve some credit for putting themselves in the position that they are in right now. It means nothing if they don't win any titles yet again, but they look strong and I like the way they have built their team.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #6552 on: November 16, 2017, 01:35:25 pm »
Toby Alderweireld out for 6 weeks.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6553 on: November 16, 2017, 01:59:06 pm »
Toby Alderweireld out for 6 weeks.

They'll drop a lot more points now. He's the only one at the back capable of organising (though Vertonghen has improved slightly on that front, in the last year or so).

Shame we couldn't play them when this happened. Salah against Dier in the back three would be great fun.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6554 on: November 16, 2017, 02:04:29 pm »
Unfortunately, they don't have too difficult a fixture list between now and January. They face Arsenal (A), West Brom (H), Leicester (A), Watford (A), Stoke (H), Brighton (H), Man City (A), Burnley (A), Southampton (H) and West Ham (H). A couple of very tough games but the rest don't have much firepower.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #6555 on: November 16, 2017, 02:09:10 pm »
They'll drop a lot more points now. He's the only one at the back capable of organising (though Vertonghen has improved slightly on that front, in the last year or so).

Shame we couldn't play them when this happened. Salah against Dier in the back three would be great fun.
While a major absence, I don't think Spurs are a team that will lose their shape easily and start leaking goals left and right.

Worst timing to lose a player in this absurdly busy schedule that is coming up.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6556 on: November 16, 2017, 02:11:03 pm »
While a major absence, I don't think Spurs are a team that will lose their shape easily and start leaking goals left and right.

Worst timing to lose a player in this absurdly busy schedule that is coming up.

No, you're right. I agree with you, their team's setup won't suddenly go to pot. But it will affect the quality of their defending.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6557 on: November 16, 2017, 02:11:58 pm »
Be funny if Arsenal beat them after all their England "injury" pull outs of this international break.

Think it will be a draw this weekend though.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6558 on: November 16, 2017, 02:16:00 pm »
Be funny if Arsenal beat them after all their England "injury" pull outs of this international break.

Think it will be a draw this weekend though.

Hope Arsenal beat them, or a draw (of attrition).

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6559 on: November 16, 2017, 02:39:51 pm »
Alli close to signing up for Mendes agency. That’ll be him on the move next summer then.