Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted)  (Read 3240686 times)

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted)
« Reply #43600 on: August 11, 2023, 08:06:03 am »
If it was an "auction" then there has to be a cut off point at some stage?
Brighton imposed the cut-off time though so there’s nothing stopping Chelsea bidding again.

The thing is though if Chelsea bid £115m we could say we’re going to bid £116m then it starts becoming a drawn out process.

Brighton wanted a deadline as they need to start planning for the new season and need to get replacements in so I doubt they’d entertain any new bids.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43601 on: August 11, 2023, 08:06:18 am »
It definitely helps that Mac and Caicedo play on the same side of the pitch. A ready made partnership.

Will certainly help bedding in a totally new midfield for us

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43602 on: August 11, 2023, 08:06:34 am »
Funny how we can afford this guy but Bellingham was out of our league in transfer terms...

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Jurgen YNWA

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43604 on: August 11, 2023, 08:07:34 am »
Just woke up, had this weird dream that we’ve bid £111m for a midfielder. I have some weird dreams at times.
It’s definitely a sellers market, due to the obscene amounts of money in the premier league, clubs just don’t need to sell, well, apart from Everton of course. Hopefully we get this completed as it’s a crucial area of the team we are lacking in.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43605 on: August 11, 2023, 08:07:40 am »
Paul Joyce slightly hedging his bets in The Times. Apparently we’re waiting to see if Chelsea match our bid.

“The Anfield club thrashed out the staggering deal for the Ecuador international last night and must wait to see if Chelsea now match the bid for Caicedo, who had previously intimated he wants to move to Stamford Bridge.”
So it means it's not done till he signs on the dotted line?
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43606 on: August 11, 2023, 08:08:00 am »
What a signing this is for us.
The perfect #6 we have been crying out for

Exactly the type of player we have all been hoping we could sign and fills than fabinho hole very nicely

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43607 on: August 11, 2023, 08:08:28 am »
Funny how we can afford this guy but Bellingham was out of our league in transfer terms...
So is that the new line for all the moaners then

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43608 on: August 11, 2023, 08:08:32 am »
That could be because of the unexpected sales of Fabinho and Henderson don’t you think?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #43609 on: August 11, 2023, 08:09:11 am »

He’s not going to be on anything like the same wages, say nothing of the fact that he wanted to go to Madrid:
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43610 on: August 11, 2023, 08:09:30 am »

He either didn’t want to come or losing henderson/fabinho and getting 52m for is forced us into action here

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43611 on: August 11, 2023, 08:09:38 am »
How long will it be until the usual lot start moaning  about us not signing  a defender? Amateur shouts, lacking ambition and Big Jorg is shite? On that note anyone checked on Clinical this morning 😂😂😂😂

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43612 on: August 11, 2023, 08:09:44 am »
Brighton imposed the cut-off time though so there’s nothing stopping Chelsea bidding again.

The thing is though if Chelsea bid £115m we could say we’re going to bid £116m then it starts becoming a drawn out process.

Brighton wanted a deadline as they need to start planning for the new season and need to get replacements in so I doubt they’d entertain any new bids.
Agreed. Don't think Brighton would behave like that. Brighton like us & we like them ;D

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #43613 on: August 11, 2023, 08:09:51 am »
Can you imagine the conversation Caicedo is having with his agent right now?

I went to sleep in blue pyjamas and woke up in red ones…

It’s weird to think that a bit more flex from Southampton and we’d have had Lavia instead…. Maybe they will live to regret turning  that deal down now ..? Surely we can’t still be in for him too?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #43614 on: August 11, 2023, 08:09:57 am »

52m unexpected windfall. Millions slashed off the wage bill. 100% Liverpool planned for the season with Fabinho and Henderson.

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43615 on: August 11, 2023, 08:10:05 am »

He obviously wanted Madrid and the total package won’t even be comparable when you include wages, agent fees, ect.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43616 on: August 11, 2023, 08:10:10 am »

We a. need to consider the possibility that we chose, ‘can’t afford him’ as a face saving line because he chose Madrid over us. In which case, good on FSG for taking the hit on that because the line we chose made them look worse and the club look better. And b. it seems likely that the vast sums saved by getting rid of Fabinho and Henderson changed the maths quite a bit. When you factor in both fees and wages I think it’s about £80 million saved.

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43617 on: August 11, 2023, 08:10:25 am »
How long will it be until the usual lot start moaning  about us not signing  a defender? Amateur shouts, lacking ambition and Big Jorg is shite? On that note anyone checked on Clinical this morning 😂😂😂😂
Now that you mention it, we do need a CB

Offline jed the red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43618 on: August 11, 2023, 08:10:28 am »

We’ve since received c.£50m in outgoings. Plus the £85m reported fee for Bellingham was just the start, it would  have been similar to the Haaland deal with many millions more in wages and agent fees etc.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43619 on: August 11, 2023, 08:10:29 am »
#James Pearce# - LFC have agreed a British record £110m fee with Brighton to sign Moises Caicedo after out-bidding Chelsea. Medical set to take place today. Remarkable turn of events and a proper show of ambition.

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1689863866195292160

After the last few weeks, I think that a lot of people on here owe an apology to our owners, and especially to Big Jorg. Yes, £110 million is a lot of money, but I suspect they are on favorable terms for us, and that is why we have agreed to pay £10 million over the asking price. The best thing about this transfer window is that it looks like Jurgen is going nowhere in 2026, and that he is building a team to contend for the top honors for at least another 5-6 years ...

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43620 on: August 11, 2023, 08:10:55 am »
You are Jorg and I claim my £10
😂

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43621 on: August 11, 2023, 08:11:03 am »

Have you seen the wages Bellingham is on, like do people have no concept of their being intricacies in transfers other than just the fee paid. Also the player himself also has a preference too. Don't get the constant complaining of football fans

Offline hollger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43622 on: August 11, 2023, 08:11:05 am »

It has been reported (and I believe Bellingham's even said so himself) that as soon as Real were interested, that's all he wanted. Nothing sinister in it, the lad just chose them over us.

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
  • Superduperfan & Whopper. Ooh sexist.
« Reply #43623 on: August 11, 2023, 08:12:13 am »

Depends on what time they wake up and login today  ;D ;D
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43624 on: August 11, 2023, 08:12:39 am »
Now that you mention it, we do need a CB

Yeah, we do actually need a defender so it’s a weird stick to beat people with 😂

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43625 on: August 11, 2023, 08:12:44 am »
The 2 times we’ve really fucked with a team have both got American owners. Definitely sense a bit of pride at play and don’t want to be outmanoeuvred by a compatriot. So we just need arsenal and Chelsea to be involved all the time to make sure we do deals.

What was that, Arsenal over Suarez?
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43626 on: August 11, 2023, 08:12:50 am »
Wow. I owe Avens an apology  ;D. His hopium paid off.

Caicedo and Szoboszlai were my dream signings after Jude. Never thought it would happen
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #43627 on: August 11, 2023, 08:13:01 am »
So it means it's not done till he signs on the dotted line?

Various reports have said we have agreed terms with the player already. I would guess it’s the pro-Chelsea journalists trying to cause confusion. Once he gets a Klopp hug it will be fine.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43628 on: August 11, 2023, 08:13:12 am »
I think its genuinely mad how much he is costing. Dont get me wrong, he is a good player, but over £100m, really? We should have just gone for Rice.

But its a signing and a big one and generally, we get those spot on.

Offline Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43629 on: August 11, 2023, 08:13:28 am »
Can the ‘we don’t really spend big’ narrative die finally? We’ve bought the most expensive GK in the world, the most expensive CB in the world, broken the British transfer record for a DM and spent up to £85 million on a forward. We know very well that you sometimes need to spend at the top level to get elite talent.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43630 on: August 11, 2023, 08:13:43 am »

The problem with Bellingham were his excessive wage demands, and the signing on fee for his father. They wanted all the money now, so we moved on and spent our money wisely ...

Offline Vote For Pedro

• "Kay-bye!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43631 on: August 11, 2023, 08:13:48 am »
Medical booked means he's pretty much in the bag barring any physical issues, surely?

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43632 on: August 11, 2023, 08:14:00 am »
Klopp is speaking with him this morning apparently. It's over at that point for Chelsea.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #43633 on: August 11, 2023, 08:14:02 am »
Various reports have said we have agreed terms with the player already. I would guess it’s the pro-Chelsea journalists trying to cause confusion. Once he gets a Klopp hug it will be fine.

Carvalho begs to differ :D

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43634 on: August 11, 2023, 08:14:19 am »
Well this is a pleasant surprise to wake up to. Will say, fair bloody play to the club on this - went out and broke our record to get the best 6 available for Klopp.

Get in.

Offline Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43635 on: August 11, 2023, 08:14:23 am »
I think its genuinely mad how much he is costing. Dont get me wrong, he is a good player, but over £100m, really? We should have just gone for Rice.

Rice really wanted Arsenal though didn’t he.

Offline kj999

• 180 + 90 = ...............er..............hang on................ oh yeah 180........ :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Maths Mug!
« Reply #43636 on: August 11, 2023, 08:14:30 am »
Have you seen the wages Bellingham is on, like do people have no concept of their being intricacies in transfers other than just the fee paid. Also the player himself also has a preference too. Don't get the constant complaining of football fans

Mate, people have no concept of the economics of football full stop, not just transfers.

Wages,
Debt,
Ground improvements,
Infrastructure,
Net Spend

...these are all concepts that escape the minds of the majority of those who make such simple minded analysis of football transfers, and football finances in general.

...such as any clown who has ever uttered the phrase, or hashtagged, _ _ _ OUT!
Clarity of Thought before Rashness of Action...

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43637 on: August 11, 2023, 08:15:02 am »

For £5m less and probably double the wages? Not like you to be negative though is it  :butt :no

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #43638 on: August 11, 2023, 08:15:34 am »
Blimey.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43639 on: August 11, 2023, 08:15:38 am »
Yeah. Understand that Brighton have accepted the terms too.
i guess that's sealed legally. Only subject obviously to the usual medical checks et al.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?