Author Topic: Sadio Mané  (Read 1760263 times)

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
Re: Sadio Mané
« Reply #8880 on: December 22, 2019, 07:10:16 pm »
Fantastic in every way. A hero whom we have watched develop and get better and better and better, and it doesn't look like there's an end to his abilities in sight yet. Lion.

He was excellent today! I would never know how Salah got the golden ball award, but for me, Mane was the best player in that tournament.
Do we have to do this? They were both great, as were the rest of the players. Ultimately someone has to make a decision on things like MOTM or POT; different decisions could also be made. The most important thing is that they are all Liverpool players and all together through thick and thin
« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 07:11:52 pm by Ghost of Xmas Futureville »
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #8881 on: December 22, 2019, 07:12:42 pm »
Fantastic in every way. A hero whom we have watched develop and get better and better and better, and it doesn't look like there's an end to his abilities in sight yet. Lion.
Do we have to do this? They were both great, as were the rest of the players. Ultimately someone has to make a decision on things like MOTM or POT; different decisions could also be made. The most important thing is that they are all Liverpool players and all together through thick and thin
That's right. It's Liverpool's golden ball! ;)
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8882 on: December 29, 2019, 11:24:28 pm »
Spare a thought for Sadio after that Wolves game. He either ran 50 yards not to receive a pass or he ran 50 yards to get hacked then told to get up by that shitbag Anthony Taylor.

Thanks for our winner anyway Sadio.

Offline Ed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8883 on: December 30, 2019, 12:21:49 am »
Spare a thought for Sadio after that Wolves game. He either ran 50 yards not to receive a pass or he ran 50 yards to get hacked then told to get up by that shitbag Anthony Taylor.

And he spent much of the 2nd half helping out at fullback after Traore came on.
MotM performance from Sadio!

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8884 on: December 30, 2019, 08:49:11 am »
And he spent much of the 2nd half helping out at fullback after Traore came on.
MotM performance from Sadio!

When Traore switched flank, so did Mané! ;D
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8885 on: December 30, 2019, 10:08:32 am »

How many times was he hacked and told to get up by Taylor? Ridiculous. He forgot the whistle.

Online Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #8886 on: December 30, 2019, 10:28:02 am »
Agree on the MoM. As unselfish and industrious display as you will ever see from a top forward. When your world-ranked superstars have that degree of maturity, game awareness, decision making and sheer stamina, you appreciate how it is that we became world champions.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #8887 on: December 30, 2019, 11:06:36 am »
I love mane he is my fav. so down to earth

Offline KirkVanHouten

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8888 on: December 30, 2019, 12:36:20 pm »
How many times was he hacked and told to get up by Taylor? Ridiculous. He forgot the whistle.

This was really getting to me during the game. He was challenged from behind and told to get up.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8889 on: December 31, 2019, 07:00:00 pm »
From one of our guests via email ..... it actually works :) .....

Hi I'm a massive fan of Sadio Mane and US punks Rancid who have a song called 'Radio'. This song is begging to be a tribute to Sadio. The chorus is 'radio, radio, radio, radio, radio whe n I've got the music I've got a place to go'. I suggest the lyrics ' Sadio, Sadio, Sadio, Sadio, Sadio, Sadio, Sadio, Sadio when we've got Mane we' ll always get a goal'. Would love to hear this on the Kop. Let me know what you think. Thanks. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMeGwdhOQFg

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #8890 on: January 2, 2020, 03:57:39 pm »
From one of our guests via email ..... it actually works :) .....

Hi I'm a massive fan of Sadio Mane and US punks Rancid who have a song called 'Radio'. This song is begging to be a tribute to Sadio. The chorus is 'radio, radio, radio, radio, radio whe n I've got the music I've got a place to go'. I suggest the lyrics ' Sadio, Sadio, Sadio, Sadio, Sadio, Sadio, Sadio, Sadio when we've got Mane we' ll always get a goal'. Would love to hear this on the Kop. Let me know what you think. Thanks. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMeGwdhOQFg

Quick! Get him a song. Apparently Real Madrid have officially approached Liverpool to register their interest in buying Sadio. https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/1212693770262761474

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8891 on: January 2, 2020, 04:06:56 pm »
Quick! Get him a song. Apparently Real Madrid have officially approached Liverpool to register their interest in buying Sadio. https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/1212693770262761474

I wouldn't sell that mob HIV - actually, yeah I would. 

It's a bollocks rumour, but I'd almost hope it was true just to hear Mané tell them to go fuck themselves.  He'll remember what Ramos did to Salah.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #8892 on: January 2, 2020, 09:25:16 pm »
Sadio Mane has now scored a Liverpool goal on every day of the week. ;D
#Sausages

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #8893 on: January 2, 2020, 10:28:06 pm »
I wouldn't sell that mob HIV - actually, yeah I would. 

It's a bollocks rumour, but I'd almost hope it was true just to hear Mané tell them to go fuck themselves.  He'll remember what Ramos did to Salah.

In the cold harsh world we live in, what Ramos did to Salah has nothing at all to do with Sadio Mané. Plus Ramos is ancient and probably might retire in 18 months time. Plus Sadio takes care of a lot of people back home and Madrid could easily offer to triple or quadruple his Liverpool salary and sell him an attractive tale of building their next Galactico side around him.

Am not saying he will definitely leave us for them, but we shouldn't take it for granted that he can't be tempted away.  We don't show him half the love he deserves when compared to the other 2 in our Front 3.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8894 on: January 3, 2020, 06:51:23 pm »
In the cold harsh world we live in, what Ramos did to Salah has nothing at all to do with Sadio Mané. Plus Ramos is ancient and probably might retire in 18 months time. Plus Sadio takes care of a lot of people back home and Madrid could easily offer to triple or quadruple his Liverpool salary and sell him an attractive tale of building their next Galactico side around him.

Am not saying he will definitely leave us for them, but we shouldn't take it for granted that he can't be tempted away.  We don't show him half the love he deserves when compared to the other 2 in our Front 3.

I'll take it for granted that he wont because he's a decent and humble human being - everything your average Real Madrid player isn't.

Besides, Klopp has forged Liverpool into a club where leaving for Real Madrid is effectively a step down.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8895 on: January 3, 2020, 07:10:42 pm »

They're not building a side around Sadio and they have Hazzard and Vanicious Jr  and Bale who all play in Sadio's position. They have enough Left sided players as it is.

They can have Sadio in 4 years for £150m.

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8896 on: January 3, 2020, 08:00:37 pm »
I have been watching Liverpool since Roger Hunt, Cally and the St John etc days, Mane would get in my all time team of the past fifty years alongside all The Greats.

What a player..

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #8897 on: January 3, 2020, 08:14:39 pm »
I have been watching Liverpool since Roger Hunt, Cally and the St John etc days, Mane would get in my all time team of the past fifty years alongside all The Greats.

What a player..

You have to respect that.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8898 on: January 3, 2020, 08:20:20 pm »

What a player..

Would he get into the team as a left forward though? He's got fearsome competition for that position.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8899 on: January 3, 2020, 08:22:49 pm »

What a player..

Thinking about it, imagine Shankly as club manager and the current backroom set up. Shankly would have loved all the information available and nerded it up even more than he did.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Online damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8900 on: January 3, 2020, 09:07:26 pm »
He must be the most resilient footballer on the planet, both on the amount of game time he's had over the past few seasons and his attitude on the pitch, his head never drops, he might have one bad miss but he's no less likely to put away the next one.

Player of the season so far for me.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Online na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8901 on: January 3, 2020, 11:31:09 pm »
must be a nightmare to defend against, just gets the ball and goes straight at the goal, amazing how him and Salah created that goal last night

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8902 on: January 3, 2020, 11:33:38 pm »
There are times I do yell “skin him he’s shit” (remember that poster) - as he often decides to come to a standstill and toy with his opponent.

Online JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #8903 on: January 5, 2020, 02:47:53 am »
Banner (and song) with Nianthio in it?

I would run 500 miles,
and I would run 500 more,
Just to be the man who scored 500 goals,
And set up shed loads more...

SADIO MANE
SADIO MANE
SADIO MANE
SADIO MANE
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-Nianthio

SADIO MANE
SADIO MANE
SADIO MANE
SADIO MANE

(Proclaimers, I'm Gonna Be)

🤔
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #8904 on: January 5, 2020, 03:58:05 am »
I would run 500 miles,
and I would run 500 more,
Just to be the man who scored 500 goals,
And set up shed loads more...

SADIO MANE
SADIO MANE
SADIO MANE
SADIO MANE

SADIO MANE
SADIO MANE
SADIO MANE
SADIO MANE

(Proclaimers, I'm Gonna Be)

🤔

Nice. I like it. Very promising indeed.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #8905 on: January 5, 2020, 05:01:05 am »

They're not building a side around Sadio and they have Hazzard and Vanicious Jr  and Bale who all play in Sadio's position. They have enough Left sided players as it is.

They can have Sadio in 4 years for £150m.
Sadio is the one they want though. They've been pining for him eversince that final. Hazard looked to me like he was just "one of them", but they prize Sadio above all potential targets at the front. Any club in world football would snatch at- no, bite our hand off- including the whole arm and then a good chuck of the shoulder in the process, if there's any chance they could get Sadio. He is arguably the best striker in world football at the moment and even if he isn't he graces the fist XI of the best team in the world.

Anyway, fuck that shower. Sincerely hope we get them in the knockouts and then proceed to humble these.
« Last Edit: January 5, 2020, 05:08:38 am by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Sinyoro

• Give the ball to Bobby and he will scyoro
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8906 on: January 5, 2020, 08:52:57 am »
There are times I do yell “skin him he’s shit” (remember that poster) - as he often decides to come to a standstill and toy with his opponent.

This is because he is quicker from a starting position so if he slows down or stops his opponent, he will accelerate from him better. It also draws other players towards him which gives Salah, Bobby, Robbo time to pick dangerous positions.
I think it’s all by design

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #8907 on: January 7, 2020, 06:24:06 pm »
Not sure if this had been posted before....but I personally wasnt aware of Sadio s charity work.

Why would anyone want 10 Ferraris indeed? Great stuff, on and off the field!
https://tribuna.com/en/liverpoolfc/news/3486001/?fbclid=IwAR3zjZ2tsgWXl50qnzoMgqA2UMLhGRt5Lyhndo7KV4U-dZ6iHjsC9W2EFq4

"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8908 on: January 7, 2020, 06:53:44 pm »
Sadio is the one they want though. They've been pining for him eversince that final. Hazard looked to me like he was just "one of them", but they prize Sadio above all potential targets at the front. Any club in world football would snatch at- no, bite our hand off- including the whole arm and then a good chuck of the shoulder in the process, if there's any chance they could get Sadio. He is arguably the best striker in world football at the moment and even if he isn't he graces the fist XI of the best team in the world.

Anyway, fuck that shower. Sincerely hope we get them in the knockouts and then proceed to humble these.

It's always the same thing with these types of clubs though.  If they want him it's not because they need him - it's just because he's good enough for them.  I wont say it's an outright vanity purchase thing, but they do seem to love snapping up players for no other reason than they're Real Madrid.  It's that sense of entitlement thing.

Thing it for us now is that we have people looking into players' psychological profiles and not just their skill sets.  That's one of the reasons we've become mentality monsters.  We have become an extremely hard club to join, not only because you have to be good enough as a footballer, but also because you have to have a certain mentality to play for Liverpool. 

And part of that mentality involves not having your head turned easily when the likes of Real Madrid or Barcelona start batting their eyelashes at you.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Runehammer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #8909 on: January 7, 2020, 07:00:40 pm »
Would he get into the team as a left forward though? He's got fearsome competition for that position.

I must be around the same age as Cormack Snr and I know where he's coming from in that Sadio is absolutely brilliant and we are so lucky to have him.  Now your comment is absolutely true but we are Liverpool and that statement is true for every single position and, for that, we are truly blessed!

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8910 on: January 7, 2020, 07:04:14 pm »
Did he get his African Player of the Year tonight?

Online In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8911 on: January 7, 2020, 07:05:57 pm »

It's on live now :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpNjDsSGnMs
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

Offline faisfais

• Kopite
« Reply #8912 on: January 7, 2020, 07:53:52 pm »
It's on live now :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpNjDsSGnMs

Matip, Salah & Mane all in the African Team of the Year!

Offline jlb

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8913 on: January 7, 2020, 08:24:40 pm »

Yes he did!

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8914 on: January 7, 2020, 08:26:04 pm »
Good lad Mane would have been shambolic if someone else won it.  Even if it was Mo.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #8915 on: January 7, 2020, 08:26:18 pm »
well deserved

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #8916 on: January 7, 2020, 08:26:38 pm »
Well done Sadio, three years on the trot for one of our players now.  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #8917 on: January 7, 2020, 08:28:12 pm »
Congratulations Sadio!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8918 on: January 7, 2020, 08:29:16 pm »
Nice one Sadio :)
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8919 on: January 7, 2020, 08:35:08 pm »
Mohamed Salah trains with Liverpool after snubbing Africa player of the year awards
The Egyptian has taken the top prize at the CAF awards in each of the last two years, but elected not to attend Tuesday night's showpiece event

By Alex Richards Assistant Sport Editor
19:17, 7 JAN 2020 UPDATED 19:19, 7 JAN 2020

Mohamed Salah took part in Liverpool training as he skipped the CAF awards on Tuesday night.

The Egyptian star had been shortlisted for the Player of the Year award, alongside Reds teammate Sadio Mane and Manchester City's Riyad Mahrez.

Salah has previously won the title in the last two years, and would become only the third player in history to do so three times were he to win again.

However, Salah elected to skip the event, taking place in Cairo, remaining on Merseyside and taking part in an early evening session at Melwood.

The 27 year-old had been made aware that he wouldn’t be taking home the top prize.

His Reds teammate Mane will instead lift the trophy after a standout year for club and country.

It's understood Salah's decision has nothing to do with issues between the player and the Egyptian federation, with whom he and his representatives have a rocky relationship.

Nor is it to do with image rights issues, as has been speculated, with the event staged by the African Federation (CAF), rather than the Egyptian FA - who have previously come under fire for using Salah in alignment with official sponsor ‘WE’ - a telecommunications company - despite Salah's own personal deal with Vodafone.

It is not a good look for Salah, particularly given how, after winning last year's award, Mane celebrated with him on stage in Senegal.

Mahrez is also absent from the award, due to his participation in the League Cup semi-final with Manchester City.

Mane, handed permission by Jurgen Klopp to attend the awards at the Albatros Citadel Hotel on the shores of the Red Sea, is taking the top prize after a stunning 2019.

Like Salah, the Senegalese forward helped Liverpool to glory in the UEFA Champions League, European Super Cup and Club World Cup, while also taking a share of last season's Premier League golden boot.

However, Mane also lead Senegal to the Africa Cup of Nations final, and came in for widespread praise as he finished ahead of his club teammate in the race for the Ballon d'Or.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mohamed-salah-trains-liverpool-after-21234395

I'm so happy that Mane won it. He absolutely deserves but I have to say I am disappointed Salah didn't go with him regardless whether he already knew the result. Both Mane and Salah went together last year when it was nailed on the latter would win it. Not good imo.