Author Topic: Atmosphere at Anfield  (Read 1760574 times)

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Re: Atmosphere at Anfield
« Reply #11040 on: October 30, 2019, 09:40:01 pm »
You're not singing anymoreeeeeee  :puke2

League cup game, league cup atmosphere. I wouldn’t bother thinking anything of it

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #11041 on: October 30, 2019, 09:41:23 pm »

Almost deserved the 5-4 after that. Who Are Ya at the end as well. Not good.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #11042 on: October 30, 2019, 09:56:26 pm »

To be fair after them horrible cockney twats (players and fans) celebrating that one goal against our reserves like they won the World Cup I was happy with anything that was sung back to them. League cup game, league cup crowd. Not arsed.

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #11043 on: October 31, 2019, 12:37:12 am »
To be fair after them horrible cockney twats (players and fans) celebrating that one goal against our reserves like they won the World Cup I was happy with anything that was sung back to them. League cup game, league cup crowd. Not arsed.

True, but after sitting in the main stand next to  6000 of the c*nts going through their whole horrible tired lower league repertoire, I completely got why the Kop fired it back.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #11044 on: October 31, 2019, 12:56:48 am »
True, but after sitting in the main stand next to  6000 of the c*nts going through their whole horrible tired lower league repertoire, I completely got why the Kop fired it back.
For some reason, I sort of expect better from Arsenal fans. Mind you, my partner used to work in a pub in London where their hooligan group 'The Herd' drank, and she said they were vile. She messaged me earlier to say she was chuffed the kids dumped them out tonight.

Just saw the attendance for the game and thought it was excellent given the low-key competition and the fact the first team wouldn't be playing. A very healthy 52,694.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11045 on: October 31, 2019, 01:05:40 am »
Shout out to the thousands of mings chanting “who are ya” try not to come back.

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11046 on: October 31, 2019, 09:00:42 am »
The people who shouldn't come back is those miserable c*nts who left during the 1st half when we went 3-1 down and never came back. And those who left when they scored to make it 5-4 with 10 minutes left. And then those who left with 4 minutes left before Origi scored. Not those who stayed to the very end and sang and supported the lads out there

It was the League Cup, League Cup atmosphere as has been said already. Load of 1st timers I'd imagine, loads of young uns in the Main Stand around me as well who were well into it and were giving the Arsenal fans shit all game

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #11047 on: October 31, 2019, 11:07:23 am »
The away end were fucking small time the entire match, I expected more from them. Though shout out to 'is this the Emirates', gave me a good chuckle.

But if they want to spend the entire match spouting small time crap we're a bit entitled to give it back. Half the regulars gave their tickets away last night and we played the kids. Fuck it.
:D

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #11048 on: October 31, 2019, 12:22:16 pm »
Can't find the right thread for it, but George Sephton is a God for playing Crash by The Primitives at half-time last night, what a song!

All I heard from the away end all night was Where's Your Famous Atmosphere and You're Not Singing Anymore. Yawn.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11049 on: October 31, 2019, 12:27:40 pm »

Always makes me laugh when this comes up. It's been sung for years, it's not a modern fan/football thing.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault! Has an anus that looks like a *
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11050 on: October 31, 2019, 12:31:51 pm »
Can't find the right thread for it, but George Sephton is a God for playing Crash by The Primitives at half-time last night, what a song!

Yes! Had a beam on my face when the opening riff kicked in.

'You're not singing anymore' - fucking depressing that so many joined in with it. Started in the lower left Main Stand then spread around the ground like a Mexican wave of pure shite. Fucking terrible. Didn't hear the 'who are yer' chant, thankfully.

On the whole though, boss atmosphere for a league cup game. Brought back memories of that fucking insane 4 - 4 against Chesterfield in 92.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #11051 on: October 31, 2019, 12:47:27 pm »
If you closed your eyes it sounded like two sets of League 1 fans
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline storkfoot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #11052 on: October 31, 2019, 09:31:08 pm »
I was in my normal seat in The Kemlyn towards the Anny Road. The second time the “Who are ya?” chant went up, I turned around to remonstrate, to say, this isn’t the way we act. Sadly, I was greeted by hundreds and hundreds singing it. My heart sank.

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11053 on: November 1, 2019, 09:08:08 am »
There's some bad bellends in here. More than likely the same people who spend the whole game moaning and then fuck off with 10 minutes to go or when we go behind

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11054 on: November 5, 2019, 11:35:03 pm »
Odd tonight

Flat

One eye on Sunday, the changes, the fact we expected to win comfortably or the walk to the ground being like downtown Beirut during the height of that conflict - not sure on the cause but was the worst European home atmosphere since Europa league days

We’ll put it right v Napoli I’m sure let alone City
« Last Edit: November 6, 2019, 12:12:45 am by dudleyred »

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #11055 on: November 6, 2019, 12:53:01 am »
Atmosphere was awful tonight, picked up slightly in the second half.  Loads and loads sold their tickets on for this game. So many people in the kop not knowing which row was which, one person a few away from me I heard him saying that he bought his ticket off a ST holder who he often uses, paid £100 for his ticket. Stewards seemed to be moving people to their correct seats in the kop as well towards the back of the 200s.

For Christ sake, whoever brought their Irish girlfriend towards the back in block 202 never bring her again please...... how many balls do they have round the side of the pitch, which are the away fans, those fans look like kangaroos bouncing up and down, do we have an interval, have the teams swapped ends, why don’t people sit down.... it was constant dumb questions. Leave her at home next time please!!!!

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #11056 on: November 6, 2019, 12:55:53 am »
You should have been in the Lower Main Stand. Was all going off. Think I heard someone murmur some of the words to a song at one point
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11057 on: November 6, 2019, 01:39:03 am »
Sounded quiet on tv too.

Then again the game was at a walking pace for a lot of the first half

Offline Dan6times

• "Oh, he's not seeing me, I'll get him later... DAN!"
  • Kopite
  • Imagine not supporting Liverpool
« Reply #11058 on: November 6, 2019, 07:19:53 am »
Atmosphere was awful tonight, picked up slightly in the second half.  Loads and loads sold their tickets on for this game. So many people in the kop not knowing which row was which, one person a few away from me I heard him saying that he bought his ticket off a ST holder who he often uses, paid £100 for his ticket. Stewards seemed to be moving people to their correct seats in the kop as well towards the back of the 200s.

For Christ sake, whoever brought their Irish girlfriend towards the back in block 202 never bring her again please...... how many balls do they have round the side of the pitch, which are the away fans, those fans look like kangaroos bouncing up and down, do we have an interval, have the teams swapped ends, why don’t people sit down.... it was constant dumb questions. Leave her at home next time please!!!!
:evil
« Last Edit: November 6, 2019, 09:58:53 am by Alan_X »
“For those of you in the cheap seats I'd like ya to clap your hands to this one; the rest of you can just rattle your jewelry!”

Offline cheshiremike

• Podcast/Youtube Addict. Sworn enema of CheshireDave
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #11059 on: November 6, 2019, 09:03:43 am »
Terrible last night.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11060 on: November 6, 2019, 09:56:28 am »
It was always going to be shit last night. Loads of reasons for that. It was a game that as players and fans we just had to get out the way. There's bigger things to come.

Some games we get the players through it, sometimes they get us through it. Wouldn't worry at all about it being shit last night.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Online Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11061 on: November 6, 2019, 10:27:41 am »
Dunno if it's because I'm getting old but why the fuck does George play the music so loud? Is he trying to drive people back down to buy more pies and pints or what.

Had 5 empty seats next to me in main stand last night, saw a fella in front watching Chelsea on his phone at one point.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #11062 on: November 6, 2019, 10:55:33 am »
Yeah it was flat.

Lower Kenny towards the kop end were full of fucking moaning bastards telling everyone to sit down and be quiet.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #11063 on: November 6, 2019, 11:01:48 am »
It was always going to be shit last night. Loads of reasons for that. It was a game that as players and fans we just had to get out the way. There's bigger things to come.

Some games we get the players through it, sometimes they get us through it. Wouldn't worry at all about it being shit last night.

I think you've hit the nail on the head. And I would imagine a fair few went expecting a goal fest before half time and became deflated.

Offline Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #11064 on: November 6, 2019, 11:35:18 am »
Had the Royal Antwerp supporters club in front of me again last night (must have the seats on the auto cup?) There must be a bit of rivalry between them and Genk because 2 of them spent most of their time shouting obscenities in the direction of the Genk players and fans.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11065 on: November 6, 2019, 11:57:31 am »

The fans are never that up for group games unless it's a do or die like Napoli last season or Olympiakos (I.e. more of a knockout game).

We struggled to get 30,000 for group games the year we won it in 05. They just don't generate interest.
« Last Edit: November 6, 2019, 11:59:59 am by Fromola »

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #11066 on: November 6, 2019, 01:40:23 pm »
It needs to be rocking for Sunday. No nerves from the fans part, just pure songs and atmosphere for the whole game.
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #11067 on: November 6, 2019, 02:15:39 pm »
You should have been in the Lower Main Stand. Was all going off. Think I heard someone murmur some of the words to a song at one point
;D

The amount of firework displays going on near the ground last night was mental btw!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
« Reply #11068 on: November 6, 2019, 03:06:26 pm »
We struggled to get 30,000 for group games the year we won it in 05. They just don't generate interest.
I had to check that, we had 33.5k for Monaco at home which is surprising.

We had 43k for Graz in the qualifiers, 40k for Deportivo, and 42k for Olympiakos.

I think they generate more interest these days after being in the competition for a number of years and winning it, there is also the auto-cup scheme which tends to force the hand for a lot of supporters.

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #11069 on: November 6, 2019, 04:59:18 pm »
I never understand people's lofty expectations for this sort of game.
:D

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #11070 on: November 6, 2019, 05:01:49 pm »

We had 43k for Graz in the qualifiers, 40k for Deportivo, and 42k for Olympiakos.

I think they generate more interest these days after being in the competition for a number of years and winning it, there is also the auto-cup scheme which tends to force the hand for a lot of supporters.

I remember major issues with the traffic on the M62 before we played Monaco in 2004, I also recall a major ball ache getting through to the ticket office to buy tickets as it was just after they started using a call centre in Devon to take calls for them.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #11071 on: November 6, 2019, 07:23:08 pm »
Dunno if it's because I'm getting old but why the fuck does George play the music so loud? Is he trying to drive people back down to buy more pies and pints or what.

Had 5 empty seats next to me in main stand last night, saw a fella in front watching Chelsea on his phone at one point.

I said this last night..even if we were singing the music would’ve drowned us out anyway. It’s better when they have Liverpool related songs closer to KO.

Up there with one of the worst atmospheres...didn’t expect much but should’ve been better

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11072 on: November 7, 2019, 07:15:41 am »

Exactly, people there who aren't really up for the game but had to tick a box to get tickets for games they would be up for.

Offline lfc1

• Kemlynite
« Reply #11073 on: November 7, 2019, 09:57:01 am »
The atmosphere was terrible but I think most people expected it.

It will be completely different on Sunday. It needs to be an angry place come 4.30.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #11074 on: November 7, 2019, 10:12:37 am »
It needs to be Barcelona levels of hostile on Sunday. Really get into them.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11075 on: November 7, 2019, 12:31:02 pm »
What’s the decibel record for Anfield? Hope we break it on Sunday, we simply have to have City absolutely shitting it before they even come out.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11076 on: November 7, 2019, 01:13:37 pm »
Felt like we were playing in Genk again

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #11077 on: November 7, 2019, 01:17:57 pm »
Yeah it was flat.

Lower Kenny towards the kop end were full of fucking moaning bastards telling everyone to sit down and be quiet.
Mate - I was sat there and I was moaning about everyone sitting down, but that's because EVERY 5 FUCKING SECONDS there was some bastard getting up to go get food/drink. Not one fucker in the row below me or in the same row as me sat still. Everyone left 5 mins before half time and then they left 10 mins from the end and I was on the end of the row.

As for being quiet, I was one of the ones being looked at funnily for signing - also got looks of disapproval for shouting "Come on Redmen" at the beginning of the match and the second half. No idea what the World has come to FFS. My eldest would give his right bollock to come with me. Last week at the Arsenal game, was in the Main Upper and a bloke came up to me and said "This is a cup game isn't it?" I shit you not.

We were discussing it in the concourse at HT though and the concensus was that everyone was (including players) set for Sunday and that they just wanted this over and done with, but my argument was that we as fans should still be on it, even if the players are not. We can - and do - help when the atmosphere is loud as it puts sides off and rattles them making the teams job a little easier. It's what sets us apart and what we must have on Sunday, so to the lucky fuckers who are going, make yeselves heard.
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11078 on: November 7, 2019, 02:16:40 pm »
Mate - I was sat there and I was moaning about everyone sitting down, but that's because EVERY 5 FUCKING SECONDS there was some bastard getting up to go get food/drink. Not one fucker in the row below me or in the same row as me sat still. Everyone left 5 mins before half time and then they left 10 mins from the end and I was on the end of the row.

As for being quiet, I was one of the ones being looked at funnily for signing - also got looks of disapproval for shouting "Come on Redmen" at the beginning of the match and the second half. No idea what the World has come to FFS. My eldest would give his right bollock to come with me. Last week at the Arsenal game, was in the Main Upper and a bloke came up to me and said "This is a cup game isn't it?" I shit you not.

We were discussing it in the concourse at HT though and the concensus was that everyone was (including players) set for Sunday and that they just wanted this over and done with, but my argument was that we as fans should still be on it, even if the players are not. We can - and do - help when the atmosphere is loud as it puts sides off and rattles them making the teams job a little easier. It's what sets us apart and what we must have on Sunday, so to the lucky fuckers who are going, make yeselves heard.

I know exactly how you feel. As a supporter for many years now I have become increasingly disillusioned with the changing profile of the crowd. It's like the match is almost secondary to getting to the food and drink early. Against Spurs there was a dangerous free kick at the Anfield Road End in the closing minutes of the first half and loads streamed out with hardly anyone giving a fleeting look back at the pitch. The number who simply fu*k off early and/or arrive late is staggering and it's getting worse as it becomes 'normal'. I have no idea how to change this as it's not just corporates or day trippers. Perhaps watching Liverpool has now become simply entertainment and 'customers' can do what they want to enjoy their 'experience'. It doesn't help having stewards dressed with huge flags on their back to help the poor souls without a clue where they are or being thanked for coming and hoping that they see me again! It's like a visit to a supermarket.

Offline Legoland

• Plazzie Brick Lid :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #11079 on: November 7, 2019, 06:45:00 pm »
It's happening!

“I prefer to play in that [rather] than when there is nobody,” he said.

https://www.foxsportsasia.com/football/premier-league/1196195/manchester-city-star-kevin-de-bruyne-keen-to-tackle-anfield-atmosphere/

De Bruyne on Anfield.

Anfield is likely to be fired up when Liverpool host Manchester City on Sunday but Kevin De Bruyne is looking forward to the experience.

Kevin De Bruyne is relishing the prospect of a pumped-up Anfield when champions Manchester City travel to face Premier League leaders Liverpool on Sunday.

City are six points in arrears, having suffered surprise losses to Norwich City and Wolves in their pursuit of a third straight title, while Jurgen Klopp’s men remain unbeaten domestically.

Aside from needing to knock Liverpool off their unrelenting stride, City are also faced with overturning a dismal record on the red side of Stanley Park.

Their previous win at Anfield came in May 2003, while Pep Guardiola’s vintage suffered the first Premier League defeat of their dominant 2017-18 campaign on Merseyside before being dumped out of the same season’s Champions League by Liverpool.

The atmosphere created by the home supporters has been cited as a factor in City’s struggles in the fixture, although it is of no concern to midfield maestro De Bruyne.

“I prefer to play in that [rather] than when there is nobody,” he said.

“Professionals want to play in front of 50, 60, 70, 80 thousand people and it makes it worthwhile.

“You train all your life to get to the big stages. I want to compete for titles and to be the best, and to do that you have to win against the best.

“Obviously it’s a big gap, but four weeks ago people were saying it was Liverpool’s [title] to lose. I’m not keeping track of what people say – we play so many games.

“The media will make a lot of it, and people have been talking about it for the whole week, even before the Champions League, but we just do our job, keep calm and prepare ourselves.”

City’s midweek Champions League outing certainly proved eventful, with right-back Kyle Walker helping to see out a 1-1 draw against Atalanta as an emergency goalkeeper after Ederson and Claudio Bravo were injured and sent off respectively.

Walker enjoys putting himself between the posts during penalty contests in training but De Bruyne did not sense much of that bravado as the England defender prepared to enter the fray at San Siro.
“He’s buzzing. Sometimes he jokes in training about playing in goal but obviously he will have been shaking a little bit,” the Belgium international said.
“He did what he had to do, and we didn’t give them many opportunities. It happens, and you have to improvise, and he did his job.”

City led through Raheem Sterling’s wonderfully worked seventh-minute goal and should have been in a far more comfortable position before the goalkeeping carnage ensued.

Gabriel Jesus tamely missed a 43rd-minute penalty – an untimely reminder of his side’s frailties from the spot given Riyad Mahrez blazed over during last season’s goalless draw at Liverpool.

“It doesn’t matter,” De Bruyne replied when asked whether City should have ended their Anfield hoodoo last term.

“It’s a different game, different season, with other players on the pitch. Everyone is at a different stage. We just have to prepare ourselves.”

On that barren run stretching back 16-and-a-half years, he added: “It’s for you guy to keep track, I don’t care. A lot of circumstances will decide the game. What can a player do with statistics like this?”