Author Topic: Helldivers 2 (PS5 and PC)  (Read 400 times)

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
Helldivers 2 (PS5 and PC)
« on: March 5, 2024, 09:18:24 pm »
What a game. Recommend this especially for the price. £30 and better than most full price games out.

https://yout.ube/0oyURVk0zfg?si=05oLpKvWP0xRxWH5

https://youtu.be/Ahx35iVJn10?si=Af9Rwr9iUDi1QveI

Can't remember how to embed
« Last Edit: March 5, 2024, 09:30:48 pm by macca007 »

Online MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Helldivers 2 (PS5 and PC)
« Reply #1 on: March 6, 2024, 01:56:41 am »
After the reviews and that it's like starship troopers I thought I'd try it. Not usually the sort of game I go for since shooters normally need a lot of practice to get enjoyment and i dont have or want to spend the time doing this. Played this for a couple of hours and had a good time. Not scratched the surface but it was good to jump in on my own, join a team and you automatically start working together.

The music is absolutely incredible in it too.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2 on: March 6, 2024, 09:31:04 am »
Bought it on the weekend, only got through the tutorial and first little mission so far, but will be delving deeper once I have more time on my hands.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #3 on: March 6, 2024, 01:34:54 pm »
It's easy to get into, not serious, the missions are basic but you can do as much or as little as you want, it's the perfect game to jump into with some friends and just have a laugh... I think it's great value for £30!

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: March 6, 2024, 02:06:30 pm »
Just get used to the stratagems and how they all play. Friendly fire is a fucker in this. Worst thing when you've collected loads of samples to get done by someone just shitting themselves and calling in a cluster strike. Then someone over the other side of the map who's just called in the evacuation brings you back next to them.

And don't just buy every stratagem. Have a look and see what will work for you. Early doors things like don't buy the machine gun sentry. Save the money as a few levels later you'll get the gatling sentry and you'll never use the machine sentry hardly then.

Also play early missions for a bit to get used to how the maps and levels work. You'll level up quick enough that way. Soon as you start going up the levels too quick you'll soon know. When you get the first chargers running at you and you have very little to beat them you'll just get frustrated.

And when you come across stalkers, pay attention to where they are coming from. Go to where they come from, and destroy the nest. It's the only way to stop them.
« Last Edit: March 6, 2024, 02:11:56 pm by macca007 »

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5 on: March 6, 2024, 10:42:39 pm »
Loving this game, really good and great value as well.

Simple but very fun

Online MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: March 7, 2024, 02:02:29 am »
Played a few more hours tonight. I reckon the key here is no pvp. Only been in one game so far where people were being dickheads.

This is definitely the shooter game where you can go in without having played loads of hours in other shooters and still have fun. Reminds me of online games about 15 years ago in a way.

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: March 7, 2024, 10:27:50 am »
Fucking meteor showers are a piss take

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2024, 11:54:14 am »
Fucking Fire Tornados!
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2024, 11:02:57 am »
Just get used to the stratagems and how they all play. Friendly fire is a fucker in this. Worst thing when you've collected loads of samples to get done by someone just shitting themselves and calling in a cluster strike. Then someone over the other side of the map who's just called in the evacuation brings you back next to them.

And don't just buy every stratagem. Have a look and see what will work for you. Early doors things like don't buy the machine gun sentry. Save the money as a few levels later you'll get the gatling sentry and you'll never use the machine sentry hardly then.

Also play early missions for a bit to get used to how the maps and levels work. You'll level up quick enough that way. Soon as you start going up the levels too quick you'll soon know. When you get the first chargers running at you and you have very little to beat them you'll just get frustrated.

And when you come across stalkers, pay attention to where they are coming from. Go to where they come from, and destroy the nest. It's the only way to stop them.

I use the machine gun AND gatling sentries. Means you've always got one in reserve when you really need one.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2024, 07:25:33 pm »
Devs are doing their best to suck all the fun out of this game. What a shame.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: Yesterday at 10:12:22 pm »
Devs are doing their best to suck all the fun out of this game. What a shame.

The tweaks they made last coupe of weeks have ruined a fun game
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid