Author Topic: Moments in games that made you cry/tear up/get emotional etc(Use spoiler tags)  (Read 1123 times)

Online Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
https://twitter.com/VideoArtGame/status/1725616045073817877

Inspired by this tweet. Do you lot have any moments in games or something like that made it feel like someone was chopping onions nearby?

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
Only one game where that really happened for me was Mass Effect 2.

Spoiler
It's the quest about the genophage where Mordin sacrifices himself to cure it.
[close]

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
RDR2. So many parts towards the end of Arthur's story were heart-rending (the "I'm afraid" bit where he's talking to the old lady stands out). Can't think of many games I've got so emotionally involved in.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2023, 12:56:42 am by Dench57 »
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
RDR when "Far Away" plays as you go over the bridge. And the end of RDR2.

Spiritfarer has a lot of emotion in it. It's basically a game about grief.

Those are the main ones that come to me when I try to think about it, but I know that there have been others over the years.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2023, 08:07:28 am by JerseyKloppite »

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Not in the spirit of this topic, but I nerly wept when I beat the final boss of Sekiro.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
A certain scene in Life Is Strange and a couple or moments in FFX

There's probably been others as well, maybe the end of MGS4.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
When I was playing Galaga and the little blue bastard came back up and wiped me out :(
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
When Trent scored away at Leicester, that's when I knew.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
Red Dead Redemption 2, Eastward Bound, the cutscene [mostly for the music in the cutscene] when the gang are leaving the mountain hideout to go to a new hideout, but annoyingly Rockstar force you skip over the cutscene, as completing the mission within a certain time is one of the objectives for 100% gold, :butt

Red Dead Redemption 2 again, the last few missions in chapter 6.&
Spoiler
The end of the mission in Rhodes after Sean gets killed, that's when the story mode starts getting bleak
[close]
#Sausages

Offline Disregarder

• Andshe'llripyerknackersoff
  • Anny Roader
  • TV's own
Everyone's Gone to the Rapture ending. Made my heart soar.
My 8k rig goes boom
PSN: OireCocobean

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Everyone's Gone to the Rapture ending. Made my heart soar.

Was a great game that.

Pity they fixed the glitch (Which let you climb behind the first railings and into the ending in 5 minutes :) )

Great story though. Amazing experience. Pity they didn't translate it into VR. Would have been astonishing.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
No idea how the original FF7 hasn't been brought up yet.

Another that got me was the walking dead by telltale
« Last Edit: November 22, 2023, 08:24:39 pm by macca007 »

Online Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
No idea how the original FF7 hasn't been brought up yet.

Another that got me was the walking dead by telltale

Good pick

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
Games don't have that effect on me the way movies do (to the point of tearing up), despite playing games like Walking Dead and TLOU.

Part of TLOU2 did really get me though after I finished it
Spoiler
Ellie and Joel haven't been talking for a long time after she finds out what he did. When she finally decides to try and forgive him, he dies the next day before they can reconcile.
[close]
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Online Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
Games don't have that effect on me the way movies do (to the point of tearing up), despite playing games like Walking Dead and TLOU.

Part of TLOU2 did really get me though after I finished it
Spoiler
Ellie and Joel haven't been talking for a long time after she finds out what he did. When she finally decides to try and forgive him, he dies the next day before they can reconcile.
[close]

Spoiler
The aftermaths of Joel's death, going through his house made the lip go as well
[close]

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
FFIX ending
FFX ending
Various scenes in the original Last Of Us, the climax to the David encounter hit hard.
:D

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
The end of Toem was really lovely.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
not to the point of tearing up but the end of mass effect 3 was sad to me as that was it.

Likewise with half life 2 episode 2.

Links awakening made me sad a kid because the whole thing was just a dream. That a game like this on the original gameboy could have so much depth and evoke such emotion really highlights what a wonder the original gameboy was.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
Ending E, NieR: Automata.

Played during Covid, was probably at my lowest ebb… it absolutely broke me, but in a good way.

Offline Disregarder

• Andshe'llripyerknackersoff
  • Anny Roader
  • TV's own
Red Dead Redemption 2, Eastward Bound, the cutscene [mostly for the music in the cutscene] when the gang are leaving the mountain hideout to go to a new hideout, but annoyingly Rockstar force you skip over the cutscene, as completing the mission within a certain time is one of the objectives for 100% gold, :butt

Red Dead Redemption 2 again, the last few missions in chapter 6.&
Spoiler
The end of the mission in Rhodes after Sean gets killed, that's when the story mode starts getting bleak
[close]
On my second play through and onto chapter 6. Just got to a part where I am at a station at the end of a mission and i meet a character I helped on a side quest earlier in the game. A poignant, deep but brief conversation about morality and fate occurs that really touched me. Then I was struck by how many players would never see that particular exchange if they skipped the earlier quest or did it differently. An incredible, beautiful game.
My 8k rig goes boom
PSN: OireCocobean

Online BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
That mission in Spider-Man 2. Had already been half "spoiled" before doing it but it still got me good.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
When my psone memory card I saved over the wrong slot and wiped my metal gear solid save

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan

These, from RDR2, Mass Effect and The Witcher 3:

Spoiler
The end of Arthur's arc in RDR2 (Arthur dying on the mountain side), the end of Mass Effect series (I think that the 'an end, once and for all' music got to me) and in TW3 when Geralt finds Ciri, thinks she's dead and then the music kicks in and she wakes.
[close]

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
A very recent one, but the ending of Like A Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name properly tugs at the heartstrings.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
the wife cried at this particular scene everytime she saw it, which included watching me play the game twice, my son play the game twice and she played it once, yep everytime  :D

Spoiler
FFVII - Aeris death
[close]

and it's not as tho she's given to crying with games, i dont know any other game that made her cry
« Last Edit: December 12, 2023, 02:40:10 am by Armand9 »
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline CortexVortex

• Main Stander
  • I'm so glad that Jürgen is a Red
That moment in FFVII was probably the first time a game left me heartbroken.

Other than that several moments in TLOU1 and 2, as well as that moment in Telltales Walking Dead. Suikoden 2 had some very emotional moments as well.

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
Another for RDR2. Arthur's final ride back to camp. I didn't expect it. The song that plays, god it hit me hard. I had tears!

"Salahs in here......"

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
the wife cried at this particular scene everytime she saw it, which included watching me play the game twice, my son play the game twice and she played it once, yep everytime  :D

Spoiler
FFVII - Aeris death
[close]

and it's not as tho she's given to crying with games, i dont know any other game that made her cry

The music.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258