Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 0 v 1 Crystal Palace Eze 14’  (Read 22514 times)

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
PL: Liverpool 0 v 1 Crystal Palace Eze 14’
« on: April 14, 2024, 01:06:54 pm »
Liverpool FC vs Crystal Palace
Premier League Week 33
14/4/2024 14:00 Kick Off
Venue: Anfield

vs

Officials:
Referee: Chris Kavanagh.
Assistants: Simon Bennett and Dan Robathan.

Fourth official: Keith Stroud.

VAR: Michael Oliver.
Assistant VAR: Stuart Burt.

Managers:
Liverpool: Jurgen Klopp
Crystal Palace: Oliver Glasner

Team Selection:

Liverpool: TBD
Crystal Palace: TBD

The world is really simple when you break it down. We are born, we live, we die. Simple. It is the stuff between being born and dying, you know the living bit that is all complicated. Family life, housing, eating, school, work, and so on... and then there is the leisure activities that occupy our time and minds. Football is one such activity. Like life, football is really simple when you boil it down. 22 players kick a ball around a pitch for 90 minutes and the team that puts the ball into the back of the other teams net the most wins. Simple. Like life, football is complicated by the stuff the happens in the 90 minutes between whistles for kick off and the game ending. Margin of errors, pass completion, presses made, XG percentage, fouls committed, atmosphere, time of day, time relative to the last game, and so on...  Complicated.

It seems this season, run in, this month, is even more complicated than the game is in the 90+ minutes of each game. Klopp leaving, player injuries to the likes of Allison, Trent, Jota, Matip, pressure from opposition teams to try and be perfect, reliance on our youth/academy players, controversial decisions by the refs/pgmol/and VAR, ticket price increases.

It need not be this way. We can simplify things again.

The world, it seems, wants to complicate things for us. Pens not given for us against both our title rivals, legit goals not given, Mo finally getting injured and not starting a league game in almost four months, the complacency last night...  And then, a few months ago, a local lad gave an innocuous interview to a reporter which was blown way out of proportion. It means more to us. It simply does. Full-stop. One does not have to look hard or far to see this. You only have to look at the manner in which Liverpool have responded to their injury crisis. The way the youngsters carry themselves. The emotion in the voices of the Kop. The way the captain  inspires the side, the city, the global fanbase. It Means More To Us. It really does.

Sunday, there will be far fewer flags in the Kop, as a protest to the ticket price increase. I applaud this decision, it can not be one taken lightly. The powers that be are wrong to raise prices, supporters give so much already to this club, wither they are locals that attend week in and week out for decades or traveling Reds who pinch pennies and save pounds to visit Anfield and see the team and city we love. There are more important things than money, than a paltry few million more pounds from a ticket price increase. We have a fervent desire to see our team win the big one for the gaffer before he departs. We know how much Anfield can shape a game, can push us to the next and higher level, can seemingly propel us onto victory. Additionally we know the importance of our passion this time of year. I am not referring to the run in, but to the anniversary of Hillsborough. Games around this date are always poignant. There will be flags honoring dearly departed Reds, there will be a moment of silence, there will be somber faces in the crowd, where waving flags should be.

Complicated.

But, there will also be XI players in Red, looking to bury any doubt that we belong at the top of the league table. XI lads looking to score as many goals as it takes to ensure three points. To keep the pressure on the teams around us, those pretender clubs.

Score more than the opposition, concede less. Win.

Simple.

We have just three remaining home games in the league left with Klopp at the helm. THREE. Make them count. I know the lads in Red will.

After-all, There is a League to be Won.

UP THE REDS!

YNWA
« Last Edit: April 14, 2024, 02:17:21 pm by TepidT2O »
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Liverpool v Crystal Palace
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2024, 01:09:07 pm »
Liverpool: Alisson, Endo, Van Dijk, Konate, Diaz, Nunez, Mac Allister, Salah, Jones, Robertson, Bradley.

Subs: Kelleher, Gomez, Szoboszlai, Gakpo, Elliott, Jota, Gravenberch, Alexander-Arnold, Quansah.

Crystal Palace XI: Henderson, Clyne, Andersen, Lerma, Munoz, Wharton, Hughes, Mitchell, Olise, Mateta, Eze.

Subs: Matthews, Ward, Tomkins, Ayew, Schlupp, Edouard, Ahamada, Riedewald, Ozoh.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2024, 01:59:54 pm »
We climbed the hill in our own way.

JFT97
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2024, 02:02:25 pm »
An immaculately observed minute’s silence.  Thank you place fans too.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2024, 02:02:32 pm »
JFT97
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2024, 02:02:55 pm »
W

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2024, 02:03:30 pm »
An immaculately observed minute’s silence.  Thank you place fans too.
yep fantastic 👏
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2024, 02:03:48 pm »
0 underway, the reds attacking the anfield road end. Early cord into the box which Alisson punches clear from low down.  Now a shot from Eze which is easy for Alisson
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2024, 02:04:46 pm »
2 a very high press by Palace, we do well to beat it but Salah is hauled down on half way.
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2024, 02:06:01 pm »
3 good spell of pressure by the reds
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2024, 02:08:23 pm »
6 midfield dominance from us right now. Good to see.
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2024, 02:10:38 pm »
8 Good break by the reds, Robbo to Diaz..  Then a little ball to Nunez who shoots too close to the keeper
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2024, 02:14:45 pm »
12 largely positive by the reds. Dominant but we haven’t unlocked the door at their end yet.
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2024, 02:15:57 pm »
13 Alisson blasts one at Robbo and he concedes a throw.  Like Jones, he’s a bit rusty on the ball.
W

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2024, 02:16:33 pm »
 ::)

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2024, 02:16:48 pm »
14 0-1

Oh dear. 

They progress down their left. 

A cut back cross into the box and Eze is free to stroke home.  Totally unmarked
W

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2024, 02:17:40 pm »
We look so low on confidence

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
Re: PL: Liverpool 0 v 1 Crystal Palace Eze 14’
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2024, 02:18:21 pm »
14 0-1

Oh dear. 

They progress down their left. 

A cut back cross into the box and Eze is free to stroke home.  Totally unmarked

we just couldn't get a tackle in, they knocked the ball about and just an easy goal, due due

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2024, 02:18:39 pm »
We look so low on confidence

Some players look out of form sadly. It was a poor passage of play all round there.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2024, 02:19:02 pm »
Over to Jill to bring us out of our misery
W

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2024, 02:20:08 pm »
Amazing Robbo, what a save

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2024, 02:20:09 pm »
Robbo superstar..
W

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2024, 02:20:22 pm »
16 We build better ball on the left from Robbo goes in but Palace clear.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2024, 02:21:17 pm »
17 Then Palace break really well and Robbo makes a brilliant lunge on the line to stop the ball from going in. Who knows how important that could be?

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2024, 02:21:24 pm »
Need to get out of our own heads.  It’s all in your heads lads. Relax.
W

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2024, 02:21:39 pm »
Brilliant from Robbo, should have been 0-2

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2024, 02:23:21 pm »
20 We really need to be closing down Palace quicker all over the pitch, it's just too easy for them when they have the ball.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2024, 02:24:07 pm »
We look all over the place at the moment, they look by far the better and more confident side

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2024, 02:25:10 pm »
21 A good ball finds Diaz who does well to push it forward towards Nunez who wins us a corner.

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2024, 02:25:40 pm »
Robbo trying lead the way at the moment but everyone else seems on a different wavelength

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2024, 02:26:19 pm »
22 Corner goes in but is cleared we then work a  nice ball back into the box and I thought it went off the Palace defender but a goal kick has been given.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2024, 02:26:43 pm »
Robbo trying lead the way at the moment but everyone else seems on a different wavelength
When times are hard you need your leaders.

W

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2024, 02:28:06 pm »
24 A very open game this, now Palace are trying their luck down the right, but Konate defends well.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2024, 02:28:47 pm »
yep, our best work is definitely coming down the left hand side from him and Díaz

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2024, 02:28:56 pm »
We’re asking too much of Nunez here. Punting it up to him for flicks ons…he can do it, but it’s not really our game.
W

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2024, 02:29:11 pm »
There are Palace players in so much space right now. We look a shadow of ourselves.

Aside from Robbo

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2024, 02:29:58 pm »
Oh FFS
W

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2024, 02:30:06 pm »
26 A good ball from Alisson finds Robbo who has a good run and puts in a ball that Palace clear for a corner. Endo almost scores.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2024, 02:31:19 pm »
Oh FFS
W

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2024, 02:31:24 pm »
How has he saved that

Much better from us