Author Topic: Chelsea - schooled by Liverpool's kids  (Read 191167 times)

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
Re: Chelsea - schooled by Liverpool's kids
« Reply #2800 on: April 24, 2024, 08:33:44 am »
Can they afford to sack him with PSR issues? Or have they found a few more hotels to sell and Barcelona style economic levers to pull?

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2801 on: April 24, 2024, 08:39:10 am »
For a few years they looked like they’re nose diving but then would bounce back and win something big. This time its terminal. They are done. It’s beautiful to see, hopefully city end up the same way.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2802 on: April 24, 2024, 08:40:37 am »
Can they afford to sack him with PSR issues? Or have they found a few more hotels to sell and Barcelona style economic levers to pull?

He'll be included in the Millenium and Copthorne Hotels sale where he will take up a new position as doorman.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2803 on: April 24, 2024, 08:43:21 am »
I long for Chelsea’s return to lower mid table irrelevance..maybe they’ll start parking cars behind the goal again.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2804 on: April 24, 2024, 10:27:13 am »
I think that defeat to Man City really knocked the wind out of them, particularly as it was a game they should have won comfortably.  They had been in (relatively) good form up to that game and looked good throughout most of it.

Just the fight for sixth place and Europa League to motivate them now.  Villa and Spurs next look like two losses for them.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2805 on: April 24, 2024, 10:35:59 am »
That was fucking embarassing last night, and it just shows that FFP/PSR is definitely having an impact or Pooch would have been sacked by now.

Btw where were Palmer and Gusto last night? They were about the only 2 Chelsea players showing any form these days. How do Arsenal keep dodging bullets like this?  :butt

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2806 on: April 24, 2024, 10:44:02 am »
Odds on them going straight for Amorim after they sack Pochettino

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2807 on: April 24, 2024, 10:45:59 am »
Odds on them going straight for Amorim after they sack Pochettino
Fairly high I'd say.

Expect they'll agree for Poch to "quit" and pay his severance off the books.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2808 on: April 24, 2024, 10:46:17 am »
From The Guardian
Mudryk-Madueke-Jackson-Gallagher. This is a strange human soup, disparate parts, human talent as amortised numbers. We are the stuffed men. We are the hollow men. We are the Chelsea midfield. Imagine not beating this Chelsea team 5-0.

In a way it was refreshing. There is so much heavy systems football around. How liberating to see a team with no plan whatsoever. At one point Enzo Fernández carried the ball forward 30 yards, then just seemed to run out of bandwidth, stopping then starting again, visibly confused. Conor Gallagher’s only real job early on was to sprint in and stand in front of every Arsenal free‑kick. Well, it’s a living.

Talent has been hoarded here. But why? This is the question Chelsea seem to ask with every sideways pass, every shrugging restart. There is a serious drop off in quality in this Chelsea team without Cole Palmer and Malo Gusto. One odd thing about the 18-month mega-splurge was the narrow range of talent. Chelsea bought a lot of deeply room-temperature footballers. All filler no killer. This is our DNA now: the yeah-maybe player.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/apr/23/chelsea-arsenal-football-premier-league
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #2809 on: April 24, 2024, 10:54:43 am »
From The Guardian

Oooof - beautifully put.

Hopefully, the toxic virus from previous generations has spread too far into this club's DNA now.
JFT97

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2810 on: April 24, 2024, 10:57:08 am »
Fucking bums.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #2811 on: April 24, 2024, 05:28:40 pm »
There are not enough hotels in the world that will save this football team

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2812 on: April 24, 2024, 06:39:56 pm »
I long for Chelsea’s return to 2nd division irrelevance..maybe they’ll start parking cars behind the goal again.

Fixed for accuracy

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2813 on: April 24, 2024, 06:50:26 pm »

Online Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2814 on: April 26, 2024, 12:12:53 am »
To the surprise of no one. John Terry's an absolute dickhead.

https://twitter.com/The_Forty_Four/status/1783441573033685463

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2815 on: May 7, 2024, 01:46:01 pm »
Signing another 17 year old Brazilian for £30m.

FFP needs to get them.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2816 on: Yesterday at 10:45:36 pm »
Signing another 17 year old Brazilian for £30m.

FFP needs to get them.

Why don't we make signings like this? Him and Endrick are almost no brainers....

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2817 on: Yesterday at 10:55:29 pm »
We've been linked to Luis Guilherme who plays for Palmeiras.  :D

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2818 on: Yesterday at 11:07:56 pm »
We've been linked to Luis Guilherme who plays for Palmeiras.  :D

We won't sign him and i think Estevao is rated as the biggest talent in Brazil apart from Endrick.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2819 on: Today at 09:21:50 am »
Why don't we make signings like this? Him and Endrick are almost no brainers....

Signing a 17-year old from Brazil who has made only 14 senior appearance for £30 million is a no brainer?
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2820 on: Today at 01:19:08 pm »
Signing a 17-year old from Brazil who has made only 14 senior appearance for £30 million is a no brainer?

Yep, if they have the level of talent that the likes of Neymar, Rodrygo, Vinicius Jr, Endrick have possessed. In recent years I think only Reinier Jesus has been a fail when buying Brazilian talent for that type of fee.

Estevao seems to have less experience than all those names mentioned to be fair but I would like to see us be more proactive in signing some of the biggest talents in South America.
« Last Edit: Today at 01:23:55 pm by Coolie High »

Offline AthleticClub

• Main Stander
« Reply #2821 on: Today at 02:34:16 pm »
Yep, if they have the level of talent that the likes of Neymar, Rodrygo, Vinicius Jr, Endrick have possessed. In recent years I think only Reinier Jesus has been a fail when buying Brazilian talent for that type of fee.

Estevao seems to have less experience than all those names mentioned to be fair but I would like to see us be more proactive in signing some of the biggest talents in South America.

Friendly bet, they'll both be playing in the Netherlands, Austria or a league of a similar standard in 4 years time

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #2822 on: Today at 02:42:11 pm »

Yep. It completely depends on the club too. The likes of Vinicius, Rodrygo and later Endrick were all signed with the sole intention of eventually playing in the side, Chelsea have always gone for players like that so nobody else could have them.

Endrick will no doubt go straight into their side, look the business, and define the side for a generation alongside Bellingham, Mbappe etc.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2823 on: Today at 04:03:06 pm »
Speaking at a Sportico conference in Los Angeles on Wednesday, Boehly said: "We've seen the last two and a half games... in the second half at Aston Villa [2-2 draw] and Tottenham [2-0 win] and West Ham [5-0 win] where we played beautiful football.

"It was so fluid, it was exactly the way we drew it up, when we came out of the back, built up and moved up the pitch, [it was] very organised and the number of shots we had.

"In those two and a half games, you could really start to see what we were working on coming together."
:puke2

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #2825 on: Today at 04:21:37 pm »
Honestly, one of the best things about John W Henry is he keeps his mouth shut
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #2826 on: Today at 05:33:24 pm »

Why is Maguire angry at Sterling?
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."