Author Topic: Man City - cheating bastards rumbled  (Read 2793332 times)

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
Brave selection in the FA Cup tonight, barely 500m worth of players in that starting lineup. 3-0 up after an hour, probably too  early to bring on any youngsters, these 4th division opponents are not to be taken lightly!

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
In 'Merca cnn or fox would have you inside the guys underwear drawer on day one and no speculative stone would remain unturned by extensive panels of generally very biased"experts". They play trials like a sport over there. "Cant say anything prejudicial in the media" is not a known concept.

Prejudicial to whom?  The falsely accused?  *snort*.  UK Libel Laws are to protect the powerful, not to insure fair Justice.  You're a decade removed from Seditious Libel being removed as a crime.  Give me a break....

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Brave selection in the FA Cup tonight, barely 500m worth of players in that starting lineup. 3-0 up after an hour, probably too  early to bring on any youngsters, these 4th division opponents are not to be taken lightly!
Strange choice for a TV game. Nice like there would ever have been any chance of a cup upset with city’s £500m ‘second string’ playing.

Offline Red Ol

• 82 years in this crazy world and still plays with Lego
  • Legacy Fan
  • Children of the night. What music they make.

And the BBC headline is not ‘Man City cruise past Swindon’ but ‘Covid-hit Man City cruise past Swindon’ and some nonsense about 20 players being out … although apparently only 7 are 1st team. Journalists are either stupid or just lazily passing on copy written for them by City’s press officer (probably both).  Ridiculous.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
And the BBC headline is not ‘Man City cruise past Swindon’ but ‘Covid-hit Man City cruise past Swindon’ and some nonsense about 20 players being out … although apparently only 7 are 1st team. Journalists are either stupid or just lazily passing on copy written for them by City’s press officer (probably both).  Ridiculous.

Pathetic isn't it. I turned on the radio and they're falling over each other to say how great City are for "taking it seriously" and playing big name players. Course, the alternative was that they play big name players

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Horse has bolted, it's normalised more and more everyday, football gets more boring every year.

The danger they have is once it gets to Harlem Globetrotter levels of laughable shite, then people will start to switch off and move on.

Once people have jilted something and decided it's bollocks then it's nigh on impossible to bring them back.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
Pathetic isn't it. I turned on the radio and they're falling over each other to say how great City are for "taking it seriously" and playing big name players. Course, the alternative was that they play big name players
Hard not to play big name players when you have a squad full of them.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
The danger they have is once it gets to Harlem Globetrotter levels of laughable shite, then people will start to switch off and move on.

Once people have jilted something and decided it's bollocks then it's nigh on impossible to bring them back.

Won't happen though, because ultimately 99% of sides never play City and the others play them twice with maybe only 3 of those actually competing with them for anything domestically and possibly 3 others in Europe.

Online Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
Won't happen though, because ultimately 99% of sides never play City and the others play them twice with maybe only 3 of those actually competing with them for anything domestically and possibly 3 others in Europe.

Plus as mentioned earlier in the thread nobody is really arsed about them, so if they win things over us or United neutrals class that as “saving football” or some other such bollocks.

Offline Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The PL would declare Pol Pot,Idi Amin or Hitler as fit and proper but only if they had enough money.

Today the Premier League announced that neither Mr Hitler nor the Third Reich will have any involvement in the now approved takeover of Minehead FC.

Springtime Surrogates is a legitimate investment vehicle for several Hollywood producers and elderly pensioners, and the CEO, Mr Bimmler, denied that his co-directors, Mr Ron Vibbentrop and Mr McGoering were involved in any way with the German reich.

Mr Bimmler issued the following statement in association with the Premier League:

How do you do there squire, also I am not Minehead lad but I in Peterborough, Lincolnshire was given birth to, but stay in Peterborough Lincolnshire house all during war, owing to nasty running sores, and was unable to go in the streets play football or go to Nürnberg. I am retired vindow cleaner and pacifist, without doing war crimes and am glad England win World Cup - Bobby Charlton, Martin Peters - and eating lots of chips and fish and hole in the toads, and Dundee cakes on Piccadilly line. Don't you know old chap I was head of Gestapo for ten years. Five years! No, no, nein, I was not head of Gestapo at all...I make joke.
Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
The PL would declare Pol Pot,Idi Amin or Hitler as fit and proper but only if they had enough money.
Pol Pot could buy Man United and rename OT as 'The Killing Fields of Dreams'. He could also rename Red cafe 'Khmer Rouge'.

We already know Hitler was a Bitter so, if he really is still alive and well in Brazil, maybe he's the money behind Moshilad.

Idi Amin died in Saudi Arabia so was, of course, a lifelong Newcastle fan but has no connection to the club whatsoever. Honest.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA

Genuinely feel like I'm living in some sort of insane, backwards, clown land.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
Ffp cheating arseholes  >:(
That's all they'll ever be.
Doesn't matter what they win; it's all oil based cheating.
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
The covid hit headline is hilarious/pathetic in equal measure.  Making it look like they won against the odds.

A starting lineup that cost around £420 million, against a team 3 divisions below them  ::)  Yeah, poor old Abu Dhabi.

Online RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

"City manager Pep Guardiola was missing from the dugout at a packed County Ground, as he and 20 of his players and staff were isolating after testing positive for the virus."
"Despite seven first-team players being among those who could not travel"
"Four changes were made to the City side that beat Arsenal 2-1 on Saturday"

All quotes from a single BBC article.

Article doesn't bother to mention that Swindon were themselves forced to make 3 changes from their previous game, including being without their first choice goal keeper.

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
"City manager Pep Guardiola was missing from the dugout at a packed County Ground, as he and 20 of his players and staff were isolating after testing positive for the virus."
"Despite seven first-team players being among those who could not travel"
"Four changes were made to the City side that beat Arsenal 2-1 on Saturday"

All quotes from a single BBC article.

Article doesn't bother to mention that Swindon were themselves forced to make 3 changes from their previous game, including being without their first choice goal keeper.
Just another example that they have completed sportswashing. The media in this country have mostly been pathetic in their coverage , or rather non coverage, if city’s cheating. I wonder why.

Online decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
Just another example that they have completed sportswashing. The media in this country have mostly been pathetic in their coverage , or rather non coverage, if city’s cheating. I wonder why.

This is it. Its mission accomplished for them. What they're doing is now totally normalised and even praised. It's also hard to tell sometimes if they've paid for the praise as well, or if football writers really are that thick and ignorant.

As someone mentioned earlier though, their problem might come in pushing the sportswashing too far. They might feel that they're clever getting a lot of gullible/corrupt media on-side, but if they keep winning title after title in this cheat mode way, I do think people will start to turn off. The one thing on earth that might make PL step in and do something with Man City is if they feel the product is getting ruined and people aren't paying to watch. The same will happen for UEFA if they win a couple of CLs in the coming years - the rest of Europe will kick off massively.
« Last Edit: January 8, 2022, 08:08:02 am by decosabute »

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Watching City win a game of football is like watching Tesco take out a corner shop. They're destroying the sport before our eyes.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
Watching City win a game of football is like watching Tesco take out a corner shop. They're destroying the sport before our eyes.
Yep. Whilst the media all say 'Brilliant performance by Tesco'.

In any other industry or walk of life it would be properly called out by the media and authorities as cheating, a monopoly, destroying competition, eroding traditions, and ruining the spirit of a free market economy. But sadly football lost its moral compass a long time ago, as evidenced by the likes City, Chelsea, and PSG.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
Yep. Whilst the media all say 'Brilliant performance by Tesco'.

In any other industry or walk of life it would be properly called out by the media and authorities as cheating, a monopoly, destroying competition, eroding traditions, and ruining the spirit of a free market economy. But sadly football lost its moral compass a long time ago, as evidenced by the likes City, Chelsea, and PSG.
I’ve mentioned it before but I wonder what our glorious leader, Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, would do if the football authorities did try  to sanction Man City? I mean serious sanctions such as stopping their related sponsorships and demoting them for cheating. No way would he let them endanger the billions of investments from horrific regimes.

Online Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
This is it. Its mission accomplished for them. What they're doing is now totally normalised and even praised. It's also hard to tell sometimes if they've paid for the praise as well, or if football writers really are that thick and ignorant.

As someone mentioned earlier though, their problem might come in pushing the sportswashing too far. They might feel that they're clever getting a lot of gullible/corrupt media on-side, but if they keep winning title after title in this cheat mode way, I do think people will start to turn off. The one thing on earth that might make PL step in and do something with Man City is if they feel the product is getting ruined and people aren't paying to watch. The same will happen for UEFA if they win a couple of CLs in the coming years - the rest of Europe will kick off massively.

Unfortunately around the time City winning the league will become boring to the broadcast and print media Newcastle will probably be just about getting their act together.  Cue loads of “A title race at last” headlines and Newcastle being presented as the saviours of the game that Liverpool/United couldn’t be. Then the “greatest League in the world” shouts from the usual suspects, and pushing Newcastle V Manchester City as some sort of historical rivalry on a par with any in England.

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
Unfortunately around the time City winning the league will become boring to the broadcast and print media Newcastle will probably be just about getting their act together.  Cue loads of “A title race at last” headlines and Newcastle being presented as the saviours of the game that Liverpool/United couldn’t be. Then the “greatest League in the world” shouts from the usual suspects, and pushing Newcastle V Manchester City as some sort of historical rivalry on a par with any in England.
All around the same time a new super league is announced?

Offline harleydanger

• Legacy Fan

Nah,

Bayern, Real and Barca have pretty much been unassailable for 30 years
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Online decosabute

• Legacy Fan
Nah,

Bayern, Real and Barca have pretty much been unassailable for 30 years

As shit as all those clubs have been for their domestic leagues, they (to some extent at least) earned their success over decades. They all have enormous fanbases and history too. City might have all the money in the world, but they have none of the clout of history or popularity. Not in the short term at least.

Huge, 'old-money' clubs won't turn on each other and call out how they've spoiled competition in their own leagues, but they'll happily turn on a fake, financially-doped 'project' like City. No way they put up with it if City start getting over the line in the CL.

Online decosabute

• Legacy Fan

I have no doubt the PL and media would attempt to hype-up such a thing, but no one except clueless, impressionable kids would be interested. If United and Liverpool (the only true giants in England) have third place as a ceiling on a regular basis, then you've got no product.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
City being portrayed as heroic for soldiering on and getting their game played despite huge Covid disruption and without their manager, while Liverpool pulled a fast one in getting their game called off this week.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
PaddyPower-

Manchester City have announced a partnership with Masdar, a renewable energy firm owned by Mubadala Investment Company. "This is a great deal," said Man City chairman, Khaldoon Al Mubarak. "I agree," said Mubadala CEO, Khaldoon Al Mubarak.

is this conflict of interest actually against any PL rules?
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
Media are either scared to call them out or they're turning a blind eye to it because they've had some investment from them. No other explanation for how they portray them as some type of heroes. At this point, I'd love a super league as long it they exclude Abu Dhabi FC, Saudi FC and Qatar FC.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Media are either scared to call them out or they're turning a blind eye to it because they've had some investment from them. No other explanation for how they portray them as some type of heroes. At this point, I'd love a super league as long it they exclude Abu Dhabi FC, Saudi FC and Qatar FC.

but it didnt

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
but it didnt
And that makes it completely redundant. I'd be for only if it included the likes of United, Arsenal, Bayern, AC Milan, Barca, Madrid, Ajax, etc.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
And that makes it completely redundant. I'd be for only if it included the likes of United, Arsenal, Bayern, AC Milan, Barca, Madrid, Ajax, etc.

Agree, were only getting away from these Cheats by the PL standing up to them, and thats not happening

Offline harleydanger

• Legacy Fan
is this conflict of interest actually against any PL rules?

Here me out, a super league  - City, PSG, Newcastle, Chelsea and CSKA Moscow
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Online Legs

• Legacy Fan
City being portrayed as heroic for soldiering on and getting their game played despite huge Covid disruption and without their manager, while Liverpool pulled a fast one in getting their game called off this week.

Amazing also how their outbreak is when its cup week and not EPL week.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
At this point, I'd love a super league as long it they exclude Abu Dhabi FC, Saudi FC and Qatar FC.

At this point I'd love a super league that all these other clubs can fuck off to. Then maybe we can get back to some actual fucking football.

Let them have their dick swinging contest where spending is no object.  Sure, they'll hoover up the best players with obscene wages, but if they're not in the PL or CL then at least we can enjoy a competitive season again and trying to win the trophies that matter.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Been saying that for a couple of days. Every other side has an outbreak during their busiest period of the season. City have one when that period is over and only missing an FA Cup game against a 4th tier side. Everyone back ready for one of their toughest games of the season. Am 100% sure it's all above board though.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
Truly amazing,you can't buy that sort of luck.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Truly amazing,you can't buy that sort of luck.

;D

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

The big clubs must have felt it was a necessary evil to have the small clubs in too. The oil cheats couldn't abandon it quick enough, as they knew they would be handicapped by the spending restrictions that would be imposed.

Going forward, they may decide to totally exclude the 4 state/gangster owned clubs.

At this point I'd love a super league that all these other clubs can fuck off to. Then maybe we can get back to some actual fucking football.

Let them have their dick swinging contest where spending is no object.  Sure, they'll hoover up the best players with obscene wages, but if they're not in the PL or CL then at least we can enjoy a competitive season again and trying to win the trophies that matter.

I'm at the point where I want the Premier League and UEFA collapsed. I'm sick of the corrupt bastards and the Tory c*nts who spout bollocks about the ESL, while allowing a country to buy a club.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976

Don't worry... they've got a tough game against a resurgent Chelsea next weekend.  They'll report further positive tests during the week and that will be off.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate