Author Topic: Road Rage  (Read 38438 times)

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Road Rage
« Reply #160 on: September 6, 2017, 06:02:21 pm »
Drivers who drive like a fart on back roads then as soon as you get a stretch where you can overtake them the twats put their foot down, sometimes after you've already started overtaking.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #161 on: September 6, 2017, 06:21:25 pm »
Drivers who pull out on you even though there is a big gap behind, and then proceed to go under the speed limit.

first part is ok second part is wrong , they are not obliged to drive at the speed limit, they only need to make sure they do not exceed it, so say doing 30 in a 40 zone is perfectly acceptable.
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #162 on: September 6, 2017, 07:03:51 pm »
first part is ok second part is wrong

Not necessarily if they enter the flow of traffic in a dangerous forcing oncoming traffic to slow or brake excessively and needlessly.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline butchersdog

• Scouse Tiger.....grrrr :)
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #163 on: September 6, 2017, 07:09:30 pm »
first part is ok second part is wrong , they are not obliged to drive at the speed limit, they only need to make sure they do not exceed it, so say doing 30 in a 40 zone is perfectly acceptable.

You're of course right mate, but I think he was meaning when people pull out under your wheels, then crawl along, impeding the flow of traffic, and forcing the driver they pulled out on to take action. Even if someone pulled out a fair distance up, reading the road is an important part of driving. If I wanted to do an average 20 in a 30 depending on environment and conditions, if there's no good reason to do that, i.e. it's safe for an average driver to travel quicker, I think I'd have enough common sense to not pull out in front of traffic. Undue hesitation, inability to read the road, and impeding traffic flow would earn someone minors on a driving test, and a fail if they did it enough.

I know that's not what you were saying, but some people get the wrong idea about speed limits. They're a maximum, not a goal, but that said, it's equally not acceptable and bad driving to travel hugely below them for no good reason.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: September 6, 2017, 08:24:06 pm »
The difference being my 'car' is sitting on the cones - those situations where the driver has ignored all previous opportunities to merge, hasn't done so, and has then got stuck at a point where if he moves any further forward the car will come in contact with the cone.

See this every day. Its never one car neither, its usually 4 or 5 of them, all trying to get into the same space.

Another one is motorway slip roads. You leave a gap so that a car can merge in, then you'll see dickheads all up the arse of the car in front and they will all try and get into the gap you've left.

Don't know whether I want lorry drivers in my thread. I've seen them in their little pen at Keele services. Animals, animals I tell thee.

I'm only a part time driver, got a full time job in an office during the week. I swerve Keele and use Stafford.

Oooh, gonna be spending a lot of time in this thread  :)

I've started doing an hour overtime before and after my shift if I'm on a 9-5, just to avoid the absolute stress of driving in rush hour. People refusing to use two lanes and merging further down the road, people blocking junctions, people with no comprehension of how and where to position themselves on a roundabout, people driving at 40MPH on a national speed limit road at half 8 in the morning, people jumping from lane to lane to lane when its pretty gridlocked. Eurgh.

I've started staying after work too, takes 20 minutes to go half a mile due to pricks blocking junctions and yellow boxes.

Driving incredibly slowly on a motorway is another one that boils my piss.

When an HGV goes past you at 56mph, then you really need to take a look at yourself, get this far too often.

rob1966 will be all over this.

;D
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #165 on: September 7, 2017, 07:52:08 pm »
You're of course right mate, but I think he was meaning when people pull out under your wheels, then crawl along, impeding the flow of traffic, and forcing the driver they pulled out on to take action. Even if someone pulled out a fair distance up, reading the road is an important part of driving. If I wanted to do an average 20 in a 30 depending on environment and conditions, if there's no good reason to do that, i.e. it's safe for an average driver to travel quicker, I think I'd have enough common sense to not pull out in front of traffic. Undue hesitation, inability to read the road, and impeding traffic flow would earn someone minors on a driving test, and a fail if they did it enough.

I know that's not what you were saying, but some people get the wrong idea about speed limits. They're a maximum, not a goal, but that said, it's equally not acceptable and bad driving to travel hugely below them for no good reason.

the point i was making was exactly that speed limits are not a goal, the rest i agree with and bad drivers whose actions might deliberately cause an accident at any speed should at all times be prosecuted. Do we still have the Driving Without Due Care and Attention on the books.
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline ArthurDooley82

• Box-clever, non-pink, manly man's man. Contact for more details. No bibs! Grrrr :)
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #166 on: September 7, 2017, 08:27:28 pm »
A fat baldy white van man nearly hit me a few months ago when I had my nephews in the car, he just flew out through a roundabout not giving way to me, so I gave him the usual beep and you stupid fkn **** so he drove around the round about aggressively foaming at the mouth, so I stopped and jumped out expecting a good old straightener and the shithouse just drove past. Too much lemo over the weekend I reckon.

I can't stand the grafters in there mercs when they cut you up and if you catch them up at the lights they have got the back of the seat far back as possible. Pure and utter whoppers making it bang on for themselves.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: September 7, 2017, 08:39:37 pm »
the point i was making was exactly that speed limits are not a goal, the rest i agree with and bad drivers whose actions might deliberately cause an accident at any speed should at all times be prosecuted. Do we still have the Driving Without Due Care and Attention on the books.

Its known as Careless driving these days or its aggressive driving where another road user has to take avoiding action - shame there's no longer any traffic police to monitor the roads...

As for speed limits, you are expected to drive at or just under them when conditions allow. You will fail a driving test if you drive too slowly.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #168 on: September 7, 2017, 08:47:31 pm »
People using their mobile phones when driving is now endemic. I drive but had to get the bus home last week and I was on the top deck. I had my earphones in listening to music and was just glancing down at the passing traffic. The amount of people using their phones in one guise or another while driving actually shocked me. I was fucking furious. It was literally every few cars that passed. Sometimes it would be two or three cars at once. For every 100 cars that passed by I reckon about at least a quarter were using their phones.

You notice it when you are driving, a car slowly drifts to the right or left or maybe is too busy sending a text that they don't realize the lights have changed. But to observe it from above and being able to look down into the cars it hit home just how fucking widespread it is. It is no laughing matter and personally I would immediately ban anyone caught on their phone for a non-emergency reason whilst driving. 6 points isn't enough. Give them a 6-12 month ban and let them learn the hard way.

Fucking idiots.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: September 7, 2017, 08:50:20 pm »
People using their mobile phones when driving is now endemic. I drive but had to get the bus home last week and I was on the top deck. I had my earphones in listening to music and was just glancing down at the passing traffic. The amount of people using their phones in one guise or another while driving actually shocked me. I was fucking furious. It was literally every few cars that passed. Sometimes it would be two or three cars at once. For every 100 cars that passed by I reckon about at least a quarter were using their phones.

You notice it when you are driving, a car slowly drifts to the right or left or maybe is too busy sending a text that they don't realize the lights have changed. But to observe it from above and being able to look down into the cars it hit home just how fucking widespread it is. It is no laughing matter and personally I would immediately ban anyone caught on their phone for a non-emergency reason whilst driving. 6 points isn't enough. Give them a 6-12 month ban and let them learn the hard way.

Fucking idiots.

Totally agree it should now be a ban. When I'm in the truck or on the bike I see it all the time too. The obsession with phones is getting ridiculous.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #170 on: September 7, 2017, 09:07:56 pm »
The idiots who form one line when they're still a mile from lanes merging, creating a massive tailback and then getting arsey when people do the sensible thing and use both lanes.

UK needs to follow the example of Jersey/Guernsey and introduce Filter In Turns.

http://www.qrcci.com/blog-post/filter-in-turn/

Any circumstance like this everyone uses both lanes because the right of way alternates between one lane then the other. Means that you have no choice about who to let go and as a result people fill both lanes neatly.

Never understood why these aren't more widely used, it always seemed like common sense.
« Last Edit: September 7, 2017, 09:09:58 pm by JerseyKloppite »

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #171 on: September 7, 2017, 09:20:16 pm »

Fucking idiots.
The police have started riding buses to catch people on their mobiles while driving  :thumbup

I remember reading about it a couple of months ago; not sure but I think they hired a bus to ride around in  :D
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: September 7, 2017, 10:16:12 pm »
The police have started riding buses to catch people on their mobiles while driving  :thumbup

I remember reading about it a couple of months ago; not sure but I think they hired a bus to ride around in  :D

Good. The have used unmarked Scania units to catch truckers before now.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #173 on: September 7, 2017, 11:16:00 pm »
Good. The have used unmarked Scania units to catch truckers before now.
Pc Nairn, the Scottish copper who used to be a wagon driver?
He's great  :D
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #174 on: September 7, 2017, 11:52:33 pm »

Families in trucks on moving day. All of their valuables neatly arranged in the back, almost like they are on display.

They never stop at the signal light long enough for me to grab everything I had my eye on.    ;)

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: September 8, 2017, 12:01:51 am »

Fucking idiots.
What's more common is not to see people holding their phone up to their ear to talk to someone, but them looking down reading  shit on the bloody things.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: September 8, 2017, 07:16:31 am »
What's more common is not to see people holding their phone up to their ear to talk to someone, but them looking down reading  shit on the bloody things.

Those idiots think they are hiding the fact they are on the phone.

Pc Nairn, the Scottish copper who used to be a wagon driver?
He's great  :D

Thats him. GMP borrowed the truck for use on the M60, they initially targeted tailgating hgvs in the roadworks and caught 50 drivers, most in cars, on the phone , cheshire caught a foreign truck driver texting on one phone while talking into another. In 6 months in 2016 over 1700 drivers were caught using phones.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Yanwoo

• Internet. Serious business.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not a Man Yoo fan
« Reply #177 on: September 8, 2017, 09:23:51 am »

Fucking idiots.

I think it's going to need a technical solution to solve this, which I suspect we're going to see one way or another in the not too distant future. Apple is introducing an automated driving mode in it's latest ios, which blocks most notifications whilst driving, although is optional and a bit of a crude attempt. I think there's some android apps that are designed to reduce distraction too. It's a start, I suppose. And increasingly, it's not just phones, the amount of in-car tech is exploding, with screens aplenty, although currently dependent on car companies to decide how much they want to restrict functionality when in-motion.

Will probably need regulatory intervention.

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #178 on: September 8, 2017, 11:47:10 am »
Road rage? Here's road rage for you, a lorry driver for the state owned Swedish postal carrier PostNord:

http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a/aAe17/postnord-chauffor-slog-ner-bilist-pa-e6-surrealistiskt
Love Ren & Stimpy

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: September 8, 2017, 11:55:12 am »
I think it's going to need a technical solution to solve this, which I suspect we're going to see one way or another in the not too distant future. Apple is introducing an automated driving mode in it's latest ios, which blocks most notifications whilst driving, although is optional and a bit of a crude attempt. I think there's some android apps that are designed to reduce distraction too. It's a start, I suppose. And increasingly, it's not just phones, the amount of in-car tech is exploding, with screens aplenty, although currently dependent on car companies to decide how much they want to restrict functionality when in-motion.

Will probably need regulatory intervention.

The trucks I drive of a weekend have had android tablets fitted, they allow you to log daily checks, have your jobs and have an inbuilt phone. Once you start moving these lock and you cannot do anything with them, which includes outgoing and incoming phone calls.  Problem with phones is that you cannot distinguish passengers from drivers.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Rysoph76

• 43yo GCSE student. Hello, Hoodie Hater!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
« Reply #180 on: September 8, 2017, 03:38:26 pm »
Agree with the mobile phone posts. Fucking joke how many i see on their phones when i'm riding in.

Worst that i've had (I'm relatively mild mannered but on this occasion I completely lost the plot I must admit) was about 2 years ago. I normally ride from where I live to work in Clapham Common which is about 8.5 miles. On this occasion, I had a half day and had to get back for something at the kids school and the weather was terrible so I decided i'd just ride to Clapham Junction and get the train home (as you can put your bike on the train outside peak time).

I was riding down the road (it's quite a steep hill so I was going relatively quickly although not crazy) and a car drove past me and the wing mirror clipped my handlebar and I only just managed to avoid coming off which would not have been great in a very busy road in the pissing rain. So anyway I shout at the car as you do and I look and the fat bitch in the passenger seat is laughing her head off. They get caught at the lights at the junction ahead and by this time I am fuming. I get to the traffic lights just as they are pulling away but I can see them all laughing and there is traffic so I pull in front of them directly outside Clapham Junction station. There are 2 blokes and 2 women in the car and by this time I am ready to kill them all such is my fury! They cant drive past me without running me over as there is too much traffic so I tell the 2 blokes to get out the car cos im gonna batter them but they won't get out the car. By now the traffic has stopped and I have an audience of everyone who is at the various bus stops and people leaving the station but the red mist is fully descended. They won't get out of the car so I lift my bike up in the air and hold it over the bonnet and tell them that either the blokes get out of the car or each of them apologise or I will throw my bike through their windscreen. After about a 30 second stand off, all the windows open and they sheepishly apologise while I call them every name under the sun.

Not my finest moment and I felt a bit of a twat 10 minutes later but they were in the wrong after all.  :no  :wanker
Stay young and invincible. Come what may we're unstoppable.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #181 on: September 8, 2017, 04:55:48 pm »
Not my finest moment and I felt a bit of a twat 10 minutes later but they were in the wrong after all.  :no  :wanker
Bollocks! You were the model of restraint, Dave would've actually killed them ;D ;D ;D

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: September 8, 2017, 07:21:21 pm »
Agree with the mobile phone posts. Fucking joke how many i see on their phones when i'm riding in.

Worst that i've had (I'm relatively mild mannered but on this occasion I completely lost the plot I must admit) was about 2 years ago. I normally ride from where I live to work in Clapham Common which is about 8.5 miles. On this occasion, I had a half day and had to get back for something at the kids school and the weather was terrible so I decided i'd just ride to Clapham Junction and get the train home (as you can put your bike on the train outside peak time).

I was riding down the road (it's quite a steep hill so I was going relatively quickly although not crazy) and a car drove past me and the wing mirror clipped my handlebar and I only just managed to avoid coming off which would not have been great in a very busy road in the pissing rain. So anyway I shout at the car as you do and I look and the fat bitch in the passenger seat is laughing her head off. They get caught at the lights at the junction ahead and by this time I am fuming. I get to the traffic lights just as they are pulling away but I can see them all laughing and there is traffic so I pull in front of them directly outside Clapham Junction station. There are 2 blokes and 2 women in the car and by this time I am ready to kill them all such is my fury! They cant drive past me without running me over as there is too much traffic so I tell the 2 blokes to get out the car cos im gonna batter them but they won't get out the car. By now the traffic has stopped and I have an audience of everyone who is at the various bus stops and people leaving the station but the red mist is fully descended. They won't get out of the car so I lift my bike up in the air and hold it over the bonnet and tell them that either the blokes get out of the car or each of them apologise or I will throw my bike through their windscreen. After about a 30 second stand off, all the windows open and they sheepishly apologise while I call them every name under the sun.

You are a hero
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #183 on: September 8, 2017, 08:55:15 pm »
Road rage? Here's road rage for you, a lorry driver for the state owned Swedish postal carrier PostNord:

http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a/aAe17/postnord-chauffor-slog-ner-bilist-pa-e6-surrealistiskt

Didn't know rob1966 spent time in Sweden.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Yanwoo

• Internet. Serious business.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not a Man Yoo fan
« Reply #184 on: September 8, 2017, 10:25:08 pm »
Problem with phones is that you cannot distinguish passengers from drivers.

It can possibly be done in several different ways, but you're right it's not a trival problem to solve effectively, especially in a way that doesn't rely on integration with the vehicle (i.e. older cars).

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #185 on: September 25, 2017, 09:52:41 am »
People absolutely bricking themselves when its raining, I'd say 75% of drivers slowing down a good 10mph from normal and causing a good half hour extra on a 45 minute drive this morning  :no
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #186 on: September 25, 2017, 11:05:25 am »
People absolutely bricking themselves when its raining, I'd say 75% of drivers slowing down a good 10mph from normal and causing a good half hour extra on a 45 minute drive this morning  :no
It’s absolutely right to slow down by about 10mph..

Wet roads give lower friction, you either need to slow down or leave much bigger gaps.

In many countries the speed limit is dependent on the weather.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: September 25, 2017, 11:13:56 am »
It’s absolutely right to slow down by about 10mph..

Wet roads give lower friction, you either need to slow down or leave much bigger gaps.

In many countries the speed limit is dependent on the weather.

Aye on a motorway or dual carriageway, absolutely.

Not in the middle of Leicester, where the most you're going to be doing is about 40 even on a good day at 8AM. People crawling round at 25 because of a bit of drizzle.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #188 on: September 25, 2017, 11:23:07 am »

Not in the middle of Leicester, where the most you're going to be doing is about 40 even on a good day at 8AM. People crawling round at 25 because of a bit of drizzle.

That's 15mph lower mate.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: September 25, 2017, 12:03:44 pm »
That's 15mph lower mate.

I cant find a David Brent sticking his middle finger up gif at work now mate, so you'll just have to imagine it and take that message on.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #190 on: September 25, 2017, 12:05:27 pm »
I cant find a David Brent sticking his middle finger up gif at work now mate, so you'll just have to imagine it and take that message on.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: September 25, 2017, 12:58:44 pm »

Eh? I think its the opposite, driving gets worse and everyone starts speeding when its wet.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: September 25, 2017, 02:09:38 pm »
Eh? I think its the opposite, driving gets worse and everyone starts speeding when its wet.

I dunno maybe it was just a special day for special drivers

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #193 on: September 25, 2017, 05:46:14 pm »

I always found the roads in Leicester a bloody nightmare at any time...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: September 25, 2017, 06:39:41 pm »
Not exactly road rage more navigating/map reading rage with my hubby.  All I needed from him was the road off the A1 to get us to where we were going. 

He doesnt drive and has absolutely no sense of direction so cant understand why I cant follow his instructions when he shows me a single blue line on his phone with no context and for me is always heading north.

Bless him he thinks he's helping.

Online zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: September 25, 2017, 08:31:25 pm »
Not exactly road rage more navigating/map reading rage with my hubby.  All I needed from him was the road off the A1 to get us to where we were going. 

He doesnt drive and has absolutely no sense of direction so cant understand why I cant follow his instructions when he shows me a single blue line on his phone with no context and for me is always heading north.

:lmao

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: September 25, 2017, 09:01:56 pm »

:D
choose Life.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: September 26, 2017, 11:32:32 am »
I was playing football last year and got a bit pumped up after coming back from 3-0 down to win 4-3. On the way home, I was driving the speed limit down a notoriously dangerous 60 road when someone overtook me and cut me up, just avoiding an oncoming car. I started flashing and tailgating, giving him the wanker signal and all sorts. So he slammed his brakes on, got out of his car and started walking towards mine, with nothing but anger wretched on his face... So I indicated to the right, pulled out, drove around him and his parked car, gave him a wave and an elaborate laugh, and carried on with my journey, with him driving behind me. Victory.

I drive a lot on motorways due to work and its unbelievable the number of people who think its okay to just constantly weave in and out of free-flowing traffic, driving comfortably over the speed limit, and without indicating. They overtake one car in the middle lane, then move into the middle lane and undertake three cars in the fast lane, then go back into the fast lane and so on. I have no problem with this if people are in a lane to the right when they could be in a lane to the left, or even if you're a dickhead but only do it when the gaps are clearly there, but that isn't the case in these instances as everyone is overtaking anyway and in close proximity to each other.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 11:34:33 am by LovelyCushionedHeader »
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: September 26, 2017, 07:09:00 pm »
Every morning at southparkway station . Some drivers go over the speed bumps at a ridiculously slow speed. Like ridiculously slowly. Angers me. I can understand if they are in a car with low suspension and would be scraping the bottom, but they just aren't . It's annoying. Every morning. Pile of wankers.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline Youb

• tue.com
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #199 on: September 26, 2017, 11:05:13 pm »
I came back to the UK for three weeks.  Where I'm living now there are no motorways.  I forgot how many absolute c*nts just sit in the middle lane! I swear if I had longer there I'd just end up smashing some fucker out of the way.  And I'm pretty chilled. I couldn't do it full time ,  I really couldn't.