Author Topic: 'I'm angry but we'll improve'  (Read 39728 times)

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
'I'm angry but we'll improve'
« on: December 13, 2010, 04:27:19 pm »
Roy Hodgson today demanded an instant improvement from his Liverpool players after describing the Reds' display at Newcastle as 'way below our best'.

Hodgson admitted he was left angry by the manner of his side's 3-1 defeat in the north east and held a team meeting at Melwood this morning in which he called for a quick return to winning ways.

"I was saddened and certainly angry with our performance because in recent weeks we have shown we are capable of playing good football and we were looking like a very solid and strong unit," Hodgson told Liverpoolfc.tv.

"Even though we got back into the game against Newcastle and then had chances to go in front, because of our capitulation at the end I still wasn't happy with the performance.

"I don't think the level of performance was what I was expecting right from the first minute to the 90th minute. There were far too many poor performances and as a result that led to a poor team performance.

"We've had quite a long get-together with the team on that subject and everyone agreed with me that it was a performance way below our best and we can't afford those type of performances.

"We had a few right at the start of the season which put us on the back foot and then some good performances got us onto the front foot and that's where we have got to stay.

"We know we have to improve our performances away from home. There is an element of confidence, we can't deny that, but basically I don't think we've been strong enough physically and strong enough mentally away from home.

"If we are going to improve upon our woeful away record it will be because we have become more physically and mentally stronger. We have to adopt a harder core to our performance and make us harder to beat and then we won't concede the type of goals when all the opposition goalkeeper has to do is kick a long ball into the heart of our defence and then there's a goal chance.

"We have got to make certain we stop any vulnerability with that simplistic type of play.

"We have got to work hard on the training ground and to be fair to the players, even after a very long meeting today, a long post-match analysis and quite a lot of critical words aimed at the team's direction, out on the field they worked extremely hard and I think that's what will get us through bad periods in the long run."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/i-m-angry-but-we-ll-improve
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline pistolpete

• Kopite
Re: 'I'm angry but we'll improve'
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 04:29:12 pm »
erego we need big strong centrebacks...
siempre es possible

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 04:29:21 pm »
"If we are going to improve upon our woeful away record it will be because we have become more physically and mentally stronger."

I recall Fulham and Blackburn becoming more physically and mentally stronger...
AHA!

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 04:30:18 pm »
I bet you're not as angry as us Roy.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Pip

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
    • Footy Blog
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 04:30:21 pm »
"If we are going to improve upon our woeful away record it will be because we have become more physically and mentally stronger."

I recall Fulham and Blackburn becoming more physically and mentally stronger...

yeah when he left

Offline alvaro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2010, 04:30:52 pm »
I liked the interview to be honest.

Offline Derry-Red

• RAWK Technology Consultant.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2010, 04:32:11 pm »
I bet you're not as angry as us Roy.

Not a chance.
I'd rather endure a night of sheep sex than have that clueless twat run our club into the ground any longer. You hear that NESV? I'd rather have sheep sex.

Offline Hunter Thompson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Possibilities, no?
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2010, 04:33:01 pm »
We will improve, Roy, but not until you're gone.

Offline Hop

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2010, 04:33:14 pm »
A timely rallying call ahead of the owners appearance on LFCTV?

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2010, 04:33:47 pm »
"We have got to work hard on the training ground and to be fair to the players, even after a very long meeting today, a long post-match analysis and quite a lot of critical words aimed at the team's direction..."

I wonder how many of the player stood there listening to his tirade doing this....

« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 04:37:31 pm by DonkeyWan »
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline JohnBarnesBigToe

• Legacy Fan
  • We decide when it's over
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2010, 04:36:30 pm »
Nothing to do with him once again.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 04:43:19 pm by JohnBarnesBigToe »
"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques". Bill Shankly

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2010, 04:36:43 pm »
A timely rallying call ahead of the owners appearance on LFCTV?

.. or a pointless outpouring of generic '110%ing, must-try-harderisms' devoid of any real analysis or concrete solutions? Does he think that if he asks Kuyt to run harder it will achieve anything, a player that runs a hundred miles a game anyway. And if someone told you you needed to more reliable and consistent, how would you respond exactly?

Offline JimmysHammer

• Kopite
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2010, 04:36:56 pm »
We have to adopt a harder core to our performance and make us harder to beat

Good idea Roy, lets sit a little deeper away from home, lets isolate Torres a tad more. :butt

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups - George Carlin

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2010, 04:37:00 pm »
get us through bad periods in the long run."

:'(

All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Ambrosia

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2010, 04:37:35 pm »
This is the problem:-

"We have to adopt a harder core to our performance and make us harder to beat and then we won't concede the type of goals when all the opposition goalkeeper has to do is kick a long ball into the heart of our defence and then there's a goal chance."

It's not our poor attack that barely creates any chances that is the problem for him, but our defence. Completely the wrong mentality.

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2010, 04:38:58 pm »
Positive interview, still hate him though. Sooner he's gone the better.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline DonkeyWan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2010, 04:39:21 pm »

"We have to adopt a harder core to our performance and make us harder to beat and then we won't concede the type of goals when all the opposition goalkeeper has to do is kick a long ball into the heart of our defence and then there's a goal chance."

He's hung the defence out to dry there. Its interesting how his focus changes every week, how new problems seem to present themselves when he thinks another one has been resolved.

It's not our poor attack that barely creates any chances that is the problem for him, but our defence. Completely the wrong mentality.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2010, 04:39:21 pm »
Positive interview, still hate him though. Sooner he's gone the better.

Well, NESV are in town.........

Offline Hop

• Anny Roader
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2010, 04:39:40 pm »
.. or a pointless outpouring of generic '110%ing, must-try-harderisms' devoid of any real analysis or concrete solutions? Does he think that if he asks Kuyt to run harder it will achieve anything, a player that runs a hundred miles a game anyway. And if someone told you you needed to more reliable and consistent, how would you respond exactly?

Like this:

Offline El Campeador

• Capital of Culture's Campaign Manager...Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The shupporters create chances, for sure, djes
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2010, 04:41:00 pm »
"I don't think the level of performance was what I was expecting right from the first minute to the 90th minute."

Seems like they did exactly what you told them to. You might be the problem here, Roy.

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2010, 04:41:08 pm »
Reminds me of that reported argument that Hoddle had with Shearer when he was England manager.

Hoddle: "Tell me why you are producing performances like this?"
Shearer: "Ever thought that the problem may be you?"

Well, Roy? Ever thought that?

Offline AndrewLFC_1971

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2010, 04:41:28 pm »
"We have got to work hard on the training ground and to be fair to the players, even after a very long meeting today, a long post-match analysis and quite a lot of critical words aimed at the team's direction..."

I wonder how many of the player stood there listening to his tirade doing this....

Is it me or does Roy touch his arse then sniff his fingers after rubbing his face there ?

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2010, 04:41:38 pm »
 We may as well ban the posting of Rou articles on this forum because it's quite clear half of the people on here can't maturely discuss them or look at them from an unbiased point of view
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2010, 04:43:12 pm »
I'm going to refrain from even commenting on this at the risk of sounding really petulant and childish and probably idiotic.

The man fills me with rage.

I just hope he gets the bullet ASAP.

Offline kvarmeismydad

• Might regale ya with tales of footballing genitalia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2010, 04:44:54 pm »
Listen lads you've got to start playing better and not play rubbish. Next time you go out do much much better ok.

After Fulham at home - people wrote us off too early and had silly ideas about my job.

Week after - listen lads, you've got to stop being rubbish and do much better ok.

Week after - it's sad for the profession that Avram has lost his job. It shows some clubs make snap decisions and it's unfair. Torres lacks confidence but i'm pleased Steven is back and he took the winning penalty well.

Week after - they can't play like that away from home and expect to win games. The injuries and the fact that i've had to use some young players who are simply not up to it prove what a big job i've got on here.

#repeat as long as necessary#
@paulair

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2010, 04:45:30 pm »
He needs to go refusing to accept its his useless tactics and focusing on shape which is killing us in both departments. We had one of the best defensive records in the league for the past few years, roy comes in we look to conceed everytime the opposition attack us. We arent scoring either to make up the deficit no wonder our players are disinterested.

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2010, 04:45:39 pm »
For a guy who has been in the game so long, he has the tactical nous of a fucking chesnut.

Anybody who watches a bit of footy now and again could come up with his shite, and the dross on that flip chart (thats if it's the real McCoy) defies belief.

Offline SkyBlueRed

• Binley Boot Boy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sleeping giant awakens...
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2010, 04:45:52 pm »
Don't really know what people expect him to say but if he does this and it works, then great. If not he'll get the same shit he gets now. Simples.
Im not arrogant, im just better than you.

Julian Dicks has been everywhere ... it's like West Ham have got eleven Dicks out there.
-- Anonymous (Metro city radio)

Offline The Red artist.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • With hope in your heart.
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2010, 04:45:58 pm »
Yet another pointless Roy bashing thread, well done Trada lad.
Y.N.W.A....J.F.T.96.

Offline R.A.La

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2010, 04:46:37 pm »
Thank fuck roy has identified the problem. Bastard players, get shut of the lot of them.

Don't they realise the damage they are doing to this poor man's career?

Don't they realise the engerlund job is up for grabs?

I hope roy now turns his analysis to how tactically we might change things to make an improvement, oh no of course not. Not his problem.
those people were scared off by the distress chatter and the organised internet terrorism campaign that was directed against people involved.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2010, 04:47:35 pm »
Listen lads you've got to start playing better and not play rubbish. Next time you go out do much much better ok.

After Fulham at home - people wrote us off too early and had silly ideas about my job.

Week after - listen lads, you've got to stop being rubbish and do much better ok.

Week after - it's sad for the profession that Avram has lost his job. It shows some clubs make snap decisions and it's unfair. Torres lacks confidence but i'm pleased Steven is back and he took the winning penalty well.

Week after - they can't play like that away from home and expect to win games. The injuries and the fact that i've had to use some young players who are simply not up to it prove what a big job i've got on here.

#repeat as long as necessary#

We have to beat Fulham first....

Offline andyclfc

• Boys Pen
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2010, 04:47:41 pm »
Is it me or does Roy touch his arse then sniff his fingers after rubbing his face there ?

ha ha- i thought the same :)

Offline SkyBlueRed

• Binley Boot Boy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sleeping giant awakens...
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2010, 04:48:35 pm »
Some of this shit is absolute fucking bile, the guy got the job through a panel that ran this club, he didn't throw himself into it and he isn't trying to lose. Some of the personal shite thrown at this guy is a fucking joke, have a word for fucks sake.
Im not arrogant, im just better than you.

Julian Dicks has been everywhere ... it's like West Ham have got eleven Dicks out there.
-- Anonymous (Metro city radio)

Offline carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2010, 04:48:40 pm »
Nothing to do with him once again.

There isn't much more to take from the interview than this.

You do wonder what needs to happen for him to hold his hands up and admit to be at fault for something himself.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2010, 04:49:09 pm »
He should just stop talking.
That's all there is.
Just stop talking and deliver more then you have delivered so far.
PS I hate you with a passion.

Offline andyclfc1

• Main Stander
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2010, 04:52:18 pm »

In fairness to him, I think he's trying to make the point that if we weren't conceding soft goals like Saturday we wouldnt be beaten-which is fair enough
I've sort of fused Flashdance with MC Hammer shit

Offline AndrewLFC_1971

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2010, 04:52:37 pm »
Some of this shit is absolute fucking bile, the guy got the job through a panel that ran this club, he didn't throw himself into it and he isn't trying to lose. Some of the personal shite thrown at this guy is a fucking joke, have a word for fucks sake.
I agree that it shouldn't get too personal but he is a clown.

Offline G1 Jockey 4(betfair)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2010, 04:53:34 pm »
so last year it was rafa's fault but Hodgson wefuses to accept its his this year.

nice won gaffa
Freedom of Speech unless you get shouted down and abused by the in-crowd.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2010, 04:54:37 pm »

"We have got to work hard on the training ground and to be fair to the players, even after a very long meeting today, a long post-match analysis and quite a lot of critical words aimed at the team's direction, out on the field they worked extremely hard and I think that's what will get us through bad periods in the long run."

Hmmm... not surprising, but worrying.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Get

• ...ting perilously close to being banned, so even the avatar is WRONG!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Support Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2010, 04:54:44 pm »
Roy hodgson will transform us into a Stoke City model, with goals coming from corners and set pieces with center backs from American Football. Defending for 80 mins. We Should be Happy Damien Comolli is here, without him we Would Have half the swiss and norwegian league in our first eleven and Torres replaced with bobby zamora,

Each Time that man talks especially about he's 35 years of experience and football philosophy I struggle to contain my anger
Quote from: Fordy on July 20, 2012, 01:24:46 PM
Anything more that 6m for Joe Allen and we have been ripped off.

Loads of Joe allens out there.

I would like to see him stay at Swansea myself and see if he can have another decent season. He is a championship player - players like a championship player.