Author Topic: What's your thoughts on Rice Pudding?  (Read 2398 times)

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
Re: What's your thoughts on Rice Pudding?
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2024, 10:45:18 pm »
I love all and any milk based puddings.

Rice, sago, semolina or tapioca, love them all though I've not had many if any since I left school.

Go
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2024, 10:51:34 pm »
School in Scotland.  Tweedbank primary

Once a week we had it. Like a plate of watery vomit.  Then they went to twice a week and I went to packed lunches. It was too much

That’s all I can see now.

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2024, 10:51:55 pm »
;D

My headmistress at Primary in kirkby (St Peter an Pauls) was called Mrs MacCabbage

From scotland she was. Stank of haggis an Irn Bru

;D
I went to 5 primary schools. So hard to remember them all
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2024, 11:04:34 pm »
;D

Did you keep getting kicked out for being a bad kid or the fact you were an adult?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2024, 11:16:54 pm »

Did you keep getting kicked out for being a bad kid or the fact you were an adult?
Well in Scotland a kid chucked a brick on my head. That bled let me tell you.

Mostly just because my dad kept moving jobs though
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2024, 11:17:50 pm »
;D
Fuck sending kids on school trips with you if you cant even remember 5 fucking schools :lmao

BREAKING '32 KIDS GO MISSING AT COLOMENDY AS TEACHER JOKES 'I DONT EVEN REMEMBER WHAT SCHOOL I WENT TO. ...MY WIFE OFTEN SAYS 'ID FORGET MY HEAD IF IT WASNT ERMMMM....WHAT WAS I SAYING?'

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2024, 11:57:18 pm »
Well in Scotland a kid chucked a brick on my head. That bled let me tell you.

Mostly just because my dad kept moving jobs though

“Welcome to Scotland, c*nt.”

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2024, 12:03:41 am »
They shouldve Starred this Topic.

Fucking Tepid and his Haggis, Brick  & Tripe anecdotes

Its ended up like the Transfer thread goin off topic cos of him

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2024, 12:47:15 am »
If this is anything like the transfer forum expect Mac Red to come in an tell you about the rice puddings he's had across the world.

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2024, 12:57:48 am »
Can we get back to rice pudding, please and it’s creamy goodness.

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2024, 01:03:01 am »
If this is anything like the transfer forum expect Mac Red to come in an tell you about the rice puddings he's had across the world.
If its anything like the Transfer Forum , just Surprised you aint already posted a link before Peter has even told the story by some twitter blert with 42 followers who's telling us what Macs apparently aboot to say that later turns oot to be fucking rubbish

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2024, 01:14:09 am »
It's disgusting.

I love Porridge which is nearest to it.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2024, 02:59:35 am »
Had it at school about aged 10. It had skin on the top. Wanted to vomit then and even thinking about it now makes me want to puke.
If served fresh and well made it’s ok but it’s hard to get past rice pudding PTSD.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2024, 07:40:20 am »
It's good someone else appreciates haggis in here, but where do you rank rice pudding?

I love Haggis too
also liked Rice Pudding but not with Jam

FTR I love Jam

Just thought you should know

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2024, 08:14:09 am »
Haven't had it for ages, just had some with a plop of Jam. Sound.

Had flashbacks to being a kid having it with jam.

Love a portuguese version which I think has egg added to the recipe.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2024, 08:26:45 am »

Love a portuguese version which I think has egg added to the recipe.

The Thai version, Jok is eaten at breakfast and they put meat or eggs in it.  Fucking minging it is
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2024, 08:40:24 am »
Home made rice pudding is wonderful.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2024, 08:42:21 am »
The Thai version, Jok is eaten at breakfast and they put meat or eggs in it.  Fucking minging it is

Are you talking about congee? If so, it's supposed to be savoury, not sweet.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2024, 08:49:02 am »
Are you talking about congee? If so, it's supposed to be savoury, not sweet.

Yes - https://fearlesseating.net/thai-congee-breakfast/

Rancid

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2024, 11:22:13 am »

That’s all I can see now.

Fucks sake  ;D, that's taken me back to good old Moyesie days at the Mancs

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2024, 01:11:48 pm »
They shouldve Starred this Topic.

Fucking Tepid and his Haggis, Brick  & Tripe anecdotes

Its ended up like the Transfer thread goin off topic cos of him
:lmao
W

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2024, 01:28:54 pm »
Bonnie MacCabbage :lmao

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2024, 02:09:39 pm »

Not as bad as school Semolina pud that was rank.

I preferred the semolina day because it got served with a shortbread biscuit.

I just used to get the biscuit.

I hate custard as well. And cream (unless in a savoury sauce/dish).
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2024, 02:12:55 pm »

I preferred the semolina day because it got served with a shortbread biscuit.

I just used to get the biscuit.

I hate custard as well. And cream (unless in a savoury sauce/dish).

And milk
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2024, 02:17:24 pm »
Seriously though, has anyone tried dim sum tripe? Nothing fecal about it. The only flavour is from garlic, ginger and chilli. The tripe itself is cut thin, so any chewiness (from the base) only lasts for a second, with the florets being crunchy. My only issue with it is that a portion is too small, but then that's the nature of dim sum.

I like head meat too. No one supplies traditional brawn unfortunately, so I have to make do with Polish salcisson or Romanian toba from the deli. Possibly only surpassed by belly, the tongue is the best bit of pork.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2024, 02:22:58 pm »
Shite, same as custard.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2024, 02:27:14 pm »
One of mine loved to sing the phrase "Food, glorious food!" at dinnertime until she learned the next lines.

"Hot sausage and mustard!

Cold jelly and custard!"
Kill the humourless

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2024, 02:27:43 pm »
I like head meat too. No one supplies traditional brawn unfortunately, so I have to make do with Polish salcisson or Romanian toba from the deli. Possibly only surpassed by belly, the tongue is the best bit of pork.

Morrisons deli used to sell sliced brawn. Dunno if they still do.

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2024, 02:55:28 pm »
Very much a childhood dessert, along with tinned fruit salad (used to fight my sister to get the one half cherry that was in the tin), i cant remember which dessert it was - rice pudding, tapioca or semolina - but our school used to serve it with rosehip syrup.  We ate some weird stuff back then......

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2024, 05:19:06 pm »
Very much a childhood dessert, along with tinned fruit salad (used to fight my sister to get the one half cherry that was in the tin), i cant remember which dessert it was - rice pudding, tapioca or semolina - but our school used to serve it with rosehip syrup.  We ate some weird stuff back then......

That's something I've heard of, but never got the chance to try. What was it like?
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2024, 08:55:20 am »
That's something I've heard of, but never got the chance to try. What was it like?

i'm trying to recall........it was red and watery and sweet, had a floral smell about it.

I can only think that it made rice pudding better, as i like rice pudding or it made tapioca bearable.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2024, 08:59:44 am »
Shite, same as custard.

Custard is my favourite non-Newtonian fluid.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2024, 10:05:39 am »
Custard is my favourite non-Newtonian fluid.
You don’t come across as non-thixotropic I’ve got to say.
W

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2024, 10:23:15 am »
You don’t come across as non-thixotropic I’ve got to say.

I take that as a compliment.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2024, 11:24:42 pm »
Seriously though, has anyone tried dim sum tripe? Nothing fecal about it. The only flavour is from garlic, ginger and chilli. The tripe itself is cut thin, so any chewiness (from the base) only lasts for a second, with the florets being crunchy. My only issue with it is that a portion is too small, but then that's the nature of dim sum.

My mum used to make brawn, beautiful it was but you need a meat press to do it properly.  She used the full pigs head too.  Cheeks, tongue, brains.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2024, 11:30:11 pm »
My mum used to make brawn, beautiful it was but you need a meat press to do it properly.  She used the full pigs head too.  Cheeks, tongue, brains.
🤮 can we get back to rice pudding and jam please :)
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2024, 06:20:16 am »
🤮 can we get back to rice pudding and jam please :)

Bonne Maman. And if you want something cheaper, the deluxe Lidl or Aldi is also good. The test for any range is strawberry. If their strawberry jam isn't up to scratch, no point in looking at the others.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: February 17, 2024, 06:21:27 am »

Your mum obviously liked a renaissance pig. Brains as well as brawn.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #78 on: February 17, 2024, 10:44:37 am »
quite a way to fuck up rice

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: February 17, 2024, 11:41:55 am »
Your mum obviously liked a renaissance pig. Brains as well as brawn.

My ex was a butcher so she had a regular free supply of pigs heads 👍

Rice pudding is ace though so I might make some next week ☺️