Author Topic: The Israel thread is in the bin.  (Read 9303 times)

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
Re: The Israel thread is in the bin.
« Reply #80 on: October 17, 2023, 12:53:32 pm »
Not a good look shutting down the conversation once the genocidal war crimes start happening.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2023, 01:23:24 pm »
I do hope it gets reinstated. the genocide needs highlighting

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2023, 06:22:24 pm »
Not a good look shutting down the conversation once the genocidal war crimes start happening.
We apologise for the really poor service, particularly after you'd made an enormous amount of effort to contribute to the discussion.

Online Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #83 on: October 17, 2023, 08:11:50 pm »

I appreciate it's not easy for the mods and can't argue with the reasons you are the ones running the forum but the timing is just wrong and if it gets opened again it's hard not to question why it's was locked during the genocide. Like what BER said what happened not a good look at all.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: October 17, 2023, 08:49:32 pm »
I have my opinion on what's happening, but this isn't the thread for it.

It's a shame, but I think the Israel thread has to either stay locked or be for news only.

Things are far too heated (I'm raging) for there to be any chance of it staying civil.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #85 on: October 17, 2023, 08:50:22 pm »
Some people really don’t have a clue how RAWK works.

I didn’t post in the thread, but read it, learned a lot from both sides. It became evident it was on borrowed time even though moderated very lightly, but self restraint became less and less. Shame as some great informative posts has been lost.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2023, 08:56:16 pm by liversaint »
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #86 on: October 17, 2023, 09:15:30 pm »
I appreciate it's not easy for the mods and can't argue with the reasons you are the ones running the forum but the timing is just wrong and if it gets opened again it's hard not to question why it's was locked during the genocide. Like what BER said what happened not a good look at all.
Some of these comments are unbelievable. The reason for it being locked and removed has been given, that you are unwilling or incapable of reading it is on you. To suggest other motives is beyond the fucking pale.

For those incapable of reading the fucking thread.....
There was something truly awful posted in there which most of you won’t have seen because Alan dealt with it quickly. The poster has been banned.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2023, 09:19:53 pm by Titi Camara »

Online JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #87 on: October 17, 2023, 09:38:00 pm »

This is beyond ridiculous and is a hugely offensive suggestion to make towards those who run the site and make very difficult decisions about what is or should be posted here.

If you genuinely have such a low view of RAWK and the moderation team that you’d entertain the thought for a second that the timing of the closure was to clamp down on open discussion about genocide, you should rethink whether to post here at all.

This is a football forum. I take on board all of the comments about why to many posters it’s more than that, but that is what RAWK is at heart and is the reason that it was set up, and the primary purpose of the number of moderators, commentators, scribes etc volunteer their time for nothing to help run it. It it not necessarily the best forum for complex geopolitical or religious discussions. It’s not the BBC or Twitter. If something is too difficult to moderate because of the behaviour of certain posters, the option is there to simply close the thread. That doesn’t mean we don’t think it’s important, it’s because we think it’s too important to be subject to offensive or misleading shite.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2023, 09:43:06 pm by JerseyKloppite »

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #88 on: October 18, 2023, 12:38:04 am »
And the posts worth keeping have not been lost, they are merely vacationing whilst I wrestle with a particularly nasty tangle of maven dependencies that is doing a great job of wrecking my week…

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #89 on: October 18, 2023, 08:02:36 am »
The Fog of War by Sir Lonsdale Augustus Hale, is a 1986 book in which he describes "the state of ignorance in which commanders frequently find themselves as regards the real strength and position, not only of their foes, but also of their friends."

Any thread about Israel/Palestine will stay closed because too many people are stating with certainty things that are probably unclear to the participants on the ground because it coincides with their own preconceived beliefs.

Reports from Hamas and from the IDF both should be read with caution until there is some independent verification. And that verification may take time. The modern information space is full of unreliable or questionable sources and that has been made worse since Musk took over Twitter.

Unless there’s a change of heart in the moderation team you will have to find your own reliable sources of information.

I’m busy with work today but will PM some of the posters above to address specific concerns at the weekend.

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.