Author Topic: It's always sunny in Philadelphia  (Read 55355 times)

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
Re: It's always sunny in Philadelphia
« Reply #240 on: February 13, 2015, 04:35:30 pm »
You've tasted yours?

:lmao
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #241 on: February 20, 2015, 11:30:15 am »
I haven't seen episode 6.

Ep 4 "Charlie Work" was fantastic though. The single takes, terrific stuff.

Ep 5 "The Gang Spies Like U.S" was fairly weak in terms of laughs I thought though.

Been a really fun season so far though.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: February 28, 2015, 08:58:27 am »
Another good, but messed up, episode.  Nice to see the Ponderosas back.  Pissed myself at Charlie's mum and her recollection of events.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #243 on: February 28, 2015, 06:47:34 pm »
Another good, but messed up, episode.  Nice to see the Ponderosas back.  Pissed myself at Charlie's mum and her recollection of events.

Oh yes. The thing is I have started to let my 15 year old daughter watch it from the start with me. This episode, with that bit and amongst others worries me hahaha
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Online red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #244 on: March 13, 2015, 02:34:45 am »
Great, classic episode last night - straight into the canon with that one. Easily the best of the season so far, for me. It had the sort of things I love - a pointless and absurd quest ("The Hole") and Charlie and Mac being utterly, thundercuntingly witless.
Franquito for fuck's complete sake  :lmao
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: March 19, 2015, 02:59:08 pm »
Another great episode, definitely the year of Dennis in my opinion, gutted that's it for the season, it's been a good one.

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: March 20, 2015, 01:39:48 pm »
Great season.

Amazing that it's still so funny 10 seasons in.

Online red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: January 7, 2016, 08:50:27 am »
This started up again last night with season 11  :thumbup

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #248 on: January 7, 2016, 04:28:59 pm »
This started up again last night with season 11  :thumbup
Nice one for the heads up. I'm back in the zone with Sunny, caught up with the last two series over Christmas so perfect timing. Arguably the most consistently brilliant comedy ever, not the best, but the one that has remained at a really high quality for a long period of time. Still, under the radar in many quarters as well, which speaks volumes about the creators, never willing to take the edge off the show to relate to a broader audience. Broad means stupid, or what gangsters from the fifties call a lady. 

Online red mongoose

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: January 7, 2016, 05:20:19 pm »
Nice one for the heads up. I'm back in the zone with Sunny, caught up with the last two series over Christmas so perfect timing. Arguably the most consistently brilliant comedy ever, not the best, but the one that has remained at a really high quality for a long period of time. Still, under the radar in many quarters as well, which speaks volumes about the creators, never willing to take the edge off the show to relate to a broader audience. Broad means stupid, or what gangsters from the fifties call a lady.

In a way, it reminds me of "South Park" in the sense that it hasn't lost its energy - as a viewer, it doesn't feel like they are just running this through an assembly line and chucking out episodes - it feels every bit as vital as ever. In fact, I think in a lot of ways it has grown, without losing any of the anarchy that makes you bust a gut. Though I've watched it from the beginning, it took me a long time to come around to this show and respect it, but I do now.

Offline quirkovski

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #250 on: February 4, 2016, 07:35:38 pm »
Loved the latest episode from last night, the week before was decent too.

Didn't enjoy the skiing episode.

Offline DrTobiasFunke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: February 7, 2016, 12:57:05 pm »
The latest one with Mac and Dennis moving to the suburbs was outstanding. Nice to see them trying something different to stop the show going stale.

I even enjoyed the skiing episode. Not one of their best but Charlie's sex scene was hilarious.

Online red mongoose

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: February 28, 2016, 01:44:08 pm »
"I'm not a leprechaun. Just let me out of here, you dickheads."

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
« Reply #253 on: March 13, 2016, 11:11:19 pm »
i've been watching this on and off for a few months and just discovered i've caught up and am out of new episodes.  not sure what i'll do to replace it.

so completely, relentlessly stupid, yet laugh-out-loud moments throughout.  hardly any dips in quality either - the occasional poor episode, but they're quite rare.  one of the advantages of such short seasons, i guess.
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline quirkovski

• Main Stander
« Reply #254 on: March 14, 2016, 12:18:38 pm »
Enjoyed season 11, with 'The Suburbs' the stand out episode for me, and one of the best of the entire show.

How many more seasons have been confirmed, if any?

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #255 on: March 14, 2016, 05:38:50 pm »
It was renewed for a 12th. Enjoyed this season. One of my favourite all time comedies.
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: March 21, 2016, 11:01:52 pm »
Massive fan of this. They've obviously still got it because Episodes like Chardee MacDennis 2: Electric Boogaloo, Frank falls out a window, McPoyle vs. Ponderosa: The Trial of the Century and The St Paddys day episode would be amongst my favourite episodes but it's touch and go depending who the writers are. The only complaint I have and I said this a while ago is the characters are now just over the top parodies of themselves. You can gaurantee that Dennies will be referred to as a sociapath, Frank is clueless and Mac is gay. They need to wind that in but with only another season or two left I can't see it happening.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #257 on: March 22, 2016, 12:18:58 am »
Enjoyed season 11, with 'The Suburbs' the stand out episode for me, and one of the best of the entire show.

How many more seasons have been confirmed, if any?

The bit were Dennis just tosses the plate of Mac and Cheese into the hallway :lmao

Massive fan of this. They've obviously still got it because Episodes like Chardee MacDennis 2: Electric Boogaloo, Frank falls out a window, McPoyle vs. Ponderosa: The Trial of the Century and The St Paddys day episode would be amongst my favourite episodes but it's touch and go depending who the writers are. The only complaint I have and I said this a while ago is the characters are now just over the top parodies of themselves. You can gaurantee that Dennies will be referred to as a sociapath, Frank is clueless and Mac is gay. They need to wind that in but with only another season or two left I can't see it happening.

Do you know that one of the writers, David Hornsby, is Cricket?

And where do you get that from mate? Ill be devoed when it finishes. One of my all time favourite comedys. I can watch them over and over.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #258 on: March 22, 2016, 12:27:57 am »
The show is outstanding and I'll not have a bad word said about it.

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #259 on: March 22, 2016, 12:31:12 am »
Up there with the greats and as far as consistency and longevity go there is an argument for it being the greatest.

They're an island unto themselves, the fact that season 11 is one of the greatest says it all. 

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #260 on: March 22, 2016, 12:38:45 am »
Up there with the greats and as far as consistency and longevity go there is an argument for it being the greatest.

They're an island unto themselves, the fact that season 11 is one of the greatest says it all. 

Kerry!
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: March 22, 2016, 11:58:12 am »

surely the whole point of the characters throughout is that they've been OTT parodies of certain annoying character traits?  the only difference in the latest series is that they become a little more self-aware, but only to the extent that can be mined for comedy - crucially, nobody ever learns anything.

i honestly can't think of a bad episode across the whole run so far.  there have been brilliant ones and less good ones, but none that i would actually call bad (unlike most long-running US comedies).
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #263 on: April 1, 2016, 09:50:38 pm »
Been renewed for seasons 13 and 14  8)
AHA!

Offline gerrardisgod

• Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #264 on: May 10, 2016, 12:08:11 am »
Only just got around to watching the last series (up on Netflix for those who don't know), the Resevoir Dogs leprechaun scene :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao
AHA!

Offline Vlads

• Anny Roader
  • We've only won it six times..
« Reply #265 on: December 12, 2016, 04:02:15 pm »

only got to watching this last week and having binge watched the first 4 seasons. I was missing out all this time.

Offline gerrardisgod

• Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #266 on: January 5, 2017, 11:04:29 pm »
New season started last night  :)
AHA!

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #267 on: January 6, 2017, 11:37:01 am »

Didn't know. Boss.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: January 6, 2017, 11:44:08 am »

Ah that'll explain the new 'children of the corn' icon on netflix - good news, thank you :)

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #269 on: January 6, 2017, 08:28:09 pm »
Sweet Dee is in her own comedy called The Mick. 1st episode was hilarious. It is basically Sweet Dee in another programme. Well worth a watch.

Offline jamie_c

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: January 6, 2017, 09:49:21 pm »
Really enjoyed the musical episode, the show is getting weirder but I thought that idea was done brilliantly.

Offline DrTobiasFunke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: January 6, 2017, 10:53:08 pm »
It was amazing. Old black man is a great character and Charlie was in his element in the singing parts. I reckon he'd be great on Broadway.

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: January 7, 2017, 06:55:37 pm »
an absolutely glorious return :)  such a fantastic episode, with decent guest stars too..

Online cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: January 9, 2017, 02:37:00 am »
The reactions to the premiere have been great. They seemed to have pissed off some on the alt-right for making "SJW crap" and furthering the idea that sometimes cops shoot black people, AND elicited equally pissed reactions from some of those aforementioned "SJWs." Any time you can ruffle both sides of the easily-outraged coin, you've done good in my book.

For my two cents, it was a perfectly fine, and pretty funny, expression of white confusion toward race issues. Similar to the episode of Louie with the fat woman r the episode of Horace and Pete with the possibly-transgender woman.

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: January 10, 2017, 12:25:55 am »
The reactions to the premiere have been great. They seemed to have pissed off some on the alt-right for making "SJW crap" and furthering the idea that sometimes cops shoot black people, AND elicited equally pissed reactions from some of those aforementioned "SJWs." Any time you can ruffle both sides of the easily-outraged coin, you've done good in my book.

For my two cents, it was a perfectly fine, and pretty funny, expression of white confusion toward race issues. Similar to the episode of Louie with the fat woman r the episode of Horace and Pete with the possibly-transgender woman.

any links to particularly egregious examples on either side (as i'm lazy) :)

i'm surprised it was that controversial, although you could almost see how much they were enjoying going through their tick-list of who would be offended by which bit :D

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: January 10, 2017, 05:37:46 pm »
I've only just got into this show over the past month or so and fuck me it's brilliant. Up to Season 6 and it just seems to be getting better, minus the odd dodgy episode or so, and it's got some of my favourite comedy characters ever.

Online red mongoose

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: January 11, 2017, 06:10:36 pm »
I've only just got into this show over the past month or so and fuck me it's brilliant. Up to Season 6 and it just seems to be getting better, minus the odd dodgy episode or so, and it's got some of my favourite comedy characters ever.

I definitely think it has gotten better over the years, going from strength to strength.

Have you seen the episode where they put on "The Nightman"? That is maybe my favorite, along with the one where Mac's cousin visits and they make the kung fu sounds  :lmao :lmao :lmao  I'm dying just thinking about it.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LHroYC5D8W8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LHroYC5D8W8</a>

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: January 11, 2017, 07:08:55 pm »
Shit yeah, that Nightman episode is godly, one of my favourites too. I often find myself whistling the "Dayman" tune at work, it's catchy as hell. Watched the one where Dee gets pregnant last night and the bit where Mac's talking to her and you just see him talking to a screeching ostrich had me in stitches.

Haven't seen the Country Mac one yet, but Stifler? In It's Always Sunny? Bring it on.

Also, any episode with the McPoyles is always great. McPoyles uber alles.

Christ, what a show.

Offline gerrardisgod

• Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #278 on: January 11, 2017, 10:14:32 pm »
You've still got the Suburbs episode to look forward to, finest half hour of comedy you'll find.
AHA!

Offline Rob K

• He is the one and only! Naked and caked in mud
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
« Reply #279 on: January 12, 2017, 12:00:09 am »
There's is a "self help" book available written by the gang. And it's brilliant.*

Without being helpful in any way,  shape or form. 😁
Give me all the bacon and eggs you have...