Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Media and Arts / Re: Music Association Game
« Last post by lucas65 on Today at 10:25:05 pm »
Knockin' On Heaven's Door  - Bob Dylan
Behind the Green Door - Shakin' Stevens
Very curious as to how this all works out. Really we are looking for him to buck a trend. I can’t remember the last time a legendary manager was adequately replaced in one appointment, and aside from Arteta, I  can’t remember the last time a young manager made a step up like this successfully. He’s never had to deal with pressure like he will have in this job. From a purely football fan perspective, I don’t love how he’s yet another Guardiola/Bielsa influenced coach.

The positives - he seems like a good, confident character who may embrace the pressure. It’s also a big win for certain players who currently seem like a bit of a misfit. Most notable are Elliott, Gakpo, Szobo.
Former LFC Players / Re: Roberto Firmino
« Last post by KlurgenJopp on Today at 10:24:54 pm »
I was a bit surprised too. Most of them live on either Victoria Road, Larkhill Road or Shireburn Road. Mind you, a couple of the real mega mansions are on fairly isolated roads too. One was up for £12m a couple of years ago and wasn't on the market for long.

I was talking to a fella while I was fishing in West Lancashire one day who used to live on Victoria Road. He didn't like it. Said it's a pain in the arse in summer due to the hordes that get off the train and go to the beach. Lots of trouble. At least Klopp lives the other end, so gets very little passing traffic. Shireburn is the best road though. You have neighbours, but it's private and quiet. No wonder Gerrard built his mansion there.

I did wonder where Firmino had moved to. I know he was burgled in South Liverpool when those cranks were doing footballers homes across the North West. It was only recently I saw that he lived in that place in Formby.

Yeah, you get massive groups of teenagers heading to the beach on hot weekends. There's usually reports of train delays later in the day due to fighting. Back in 2021 there were people attacked with an axe and a samurai sword.

Lifeboat Road was absolutely rammed full of cars all the way up a few years ago, too, it's only recently they've tried to control the traffic going up the hill.

Funnily there's a house on Shireburn that's been on the market since November 2022. If you look on Google Maps it's labelled as 'The I.Graham Residence' - didn't we have a physics chap named Ian Graham working for the club? I cycled past Lijnders near Lifeboat Road as he was out for a run during lockdown, too.

Maybe Bobby was hoping Shorrocks Hill was going to reopen?
Does it go without saying though? You seem to be intimating he’ll fail miserably in all but the PS bit at the end.

Perhaps it’s just the way you put things

I actually added the "PS". I wasn't going to put that initially, as I thought it would be obvious that a Liverpool fan wants he team to win. Then I thought, just in case best had, and that's still wrong  :butt

Media and Arts / Re: What are you listening to now?
« Last post by Boston Bosox on Today at 10:24:03 pm »
Hit the Road Jack

Ray Charles
Pretty similar sentiments myself all round. One thing that irks me is the timing, not sure why this couldn’t have waited until we said goodbye to Klopp.

Prefer it being done now myself, sick of all the speculation and new names coming into the fray. I'm quite excited, I think it'd be hard ever wanting Klopp to go but it's pretty clear now given the stress of it all (as other Liverpool managers have found out in the past) and certain elements of our game that we could do with a change. I've got a feeling the football is going to be exciting judging by what he's done at Feyenoord.

Total fucking Slotball  8)
Good that we have found a manager before the end of the season imo. That was he can identify which players he'd want us to sign instead of a manager coming in mid July and the club not buying anyone, or worse that no one wants to join as they may not fit into the managers plan.
Could easily cry that Jurgen is going, just trying to find the positives.

slotter can watch the next few games now to do some homework before he starts
will be interesting to see if he speaks to klopp and pep to get there thoughts on the players
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Darwin Núñez (Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro)
« Last post by KC7 on Today at 10:23:09 pm »
I think Nunez will stay, and hopefully with the tweaks made to the team (getting the midfield functioning for one) he and the other forwards will be more productive.

We have leaked chances all season. This ramps up the pressure on the attackers, and when it got to the business end that pressure was too much. We saw it most in the Palace game when desperation kicked in, and when that happens attackers miss chances they would normally score. We have had to play catch up in games throughout the season, you are just putting immense demands on the attackers to keep bailing us out. The Palace game in particular, the choice to start a goosed Endo less than 72 hours after he had been rinsed by Atalanta, Palace and their athletic midfielders were licking their lips at targeting him as they did earlier in the season. We inevitably lost the first half, and then when Endo was hooked during the break we then gave the players a half to salvage the game.  Vs United at OT, we conceded six goals in two games against a pathetic outfit; the league game a hooked pass over the top by Casemiro into that gaping hole in midfield vacated by Endo who then doesn"t have the recovery pace to get back allowed United a free run in on goal from which they went ahead. Its cheap, constantly. We talked about the attackers in both games, but they'd have needed to have scored eight goals in two games at OT to have won them both. That's a ridiculous ask.

In the same way I wouldnt have criticised any of the defenders during the 22-23 season given that they had a season with no protection infront of them, I struggle to really go after any of the forwards in this season as they are playing in a dysfunctional side, chiefly a dysfunctional midfield (although somewhat better than the complete shitshow of the previous season), which means they are constantly up against it. They are not a cohesive attacking unit but that's more a managerial issue, its he who has to get that mix right. But their finishing, there are extenuating circumstances for why they have missed chances.

Get the midfield working again (6 brought in top priority), that then gives the attackers a better platform to succeed, and without that constant need/pressure to bail out the team. When the team is working everyone is calmer, more composed, less desperate in their play, and composure for a forward is a necessity. Nunez has never been the most composed finisher (he may never be) but the demands this season to all the forwards have been off the scale. Going behind has been the norm, there is no security for them, so they go into games thinking we need two or three here which automatically makes their job alot harder.

I know we are without a quality 6, but had we started that Palace game with a functioning midfield, those forwards would not have snatched at the chances they did. We cannot keep asking them to go to the well and bail us out (as happened with the Rodgers season when we conceded 50), we need the team working again to then see the best of the forwards, Nunez included.

I think there’s room for both excitement at the new manager, fresh start and remaining respectful to a Liverpool Legend and give him the great send off he deserves

Yeah exactly. Klopp will rightfully get a terrific send off but it's exciting to see what happens now under a new coaching team.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Last post by harleydanger on Today at 10:21:13 pm »
one thing that saddens  me us the feeling that Klopp was never backed sufficiently by the owners and we left trophies behind over it too. Even after winning the champions league and getting to a final it was nearly always sell to buy

No it wasn’t. We sold one player for big money. Who’d spent months faking injuries to get a move.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10