Author Topic: Man City - Cheating Bastards on & off the pitch - 115 Charges  (Read 349086 times)

Online smutchin

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Man City - Cheating Bastards on & off the pitch - 115 Charges
« Reply #5040 on: April 21, 2024, 09:29:42 am »
The days of brown envelopes left in the referees dressing room are long gone. There’s absolutely no link between the payments and hospitality Oliver gets for those side hustles and decisions he makes when officiating City games. All completely above board. They would continue to invite him back over there even if he’d given a penalty for the Grealish handball. And anyone who says otherwise is clearly a fully paid up member of the tinfoil hat brigade.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5041 on: April 21, 2024, 09:29:47 am »
Oliver must have really enjoyed those trips to the UAE.

since his three trips to UAE, Oliver has given 4 decisions to favour City which have decided important games.

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5042 on: April 21, 2024, 11:35:11 am »
I’ve spent too many years following pro cycling to believe what I’m seeing.

Would love to see the haematocrit levels of the City squad.

I can understand posters saying that this kind of speculation is Evertonian. And it's true that no one has any hard evidence of it.

But people need to wake up if they think this isn't plausible. Russia are the country on earth that is most synonymous with industrial scale doping in sports. Russia, who are the original sportswashers and saw success in world sports as the way to attain soft power. They doped for generations to show the world the strength of their country and compete with the USA.

Abu Dhabi and Man City's entire raison d'etre is to gain soft power by sporting success. They've already shown absolutely flagrant, shameless disregard for financial rules. They pay referees for side jobs to keep them sweet. These two things are undeniable. Do people really think they wouldn't go near performance enhancing drugs to ensure success and aid their quest for soft power?

Like i said, there's no hard evidence, but I'd say their physical capacity, especially given the ages of some players, season after season, is highly dodgy to my eyes. No other team has done what they've done year in year out without a massive drop off. We can match them for a while, but we can't sustain it. Fabinho's legs fell off at age 29. We're ending the season looking completely spent and we've played far fewer games and had far more injuries than these the past two season.

I'm not having them and I don't believe it's in any way beyond credible to think there's something dodgy going on.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5043 on: April 21, 2024, 11:51:17 am »
I can understand posters saying that this kind of speculation is Evertonian. And it's true that no one has any hard evidence of it.

But people need to wake up if they think this isn't plausible. Russia are the country on earth that is most synonymous with industrial scale doping in sports. Russia, who are the original sportswashers and saw success in world sports as the way to attain soft power. They doped for generations to show the world the strength of their country and compete with the USA.

Abu Dhabi and Man City's entire raison d'etre is to gain soft power by sporting success. They've already shown absolutely flagrant, shameless disregard for financial rules. They pay referees for side jobs to keep them sweet. These two things are undeniable. Do people really think they wouldn't go near performance enhancing drugs to ensure success and aid their quest for soft power?

Like i said, there's no hard evidence, but I'd say their physical capacity, especially given the ages of some players, season after season, is highly dodgy to my eyes. No other team has done what they've done year in year out without a massive drop off. We can match them for a while, but we can't sustain it. Fabinho's legs fell off at age 29. We're ending the season looking completely spent and we've played far fewer games and had far more injuries than these the past two season.

I'm not having them and I don't believe it's in any way beyond credible to think there's something dodgy going on.
Cheating bastards do what cheating bastards do. I would not put anything  past these. Hopefully it all comes out one day. No way are them ref trips to Abu Dhabi not dodgy.

Online smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5044 on: April 21, 2024, 12:02:55 pm »
I’m not Evertonian, just cynical.  :)

Offline markmywords

• Was 2/10. Now 0.5/10. Must try much harder not to make people a little sick in their mouth.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5045 on: April 21, 2024, 12:30:32 pm »
since his three trips to UAE, Oliver has given 4 decisions to favour City which have decided important games.

Please help me understand;

I thought Oliver and co reffed games in saudi, which I gather is not in the UAE and City are owned by Abu Dhabi which is in the UAE

Please go slow, as I'm not an expert in world affairs

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5046 on: April 21, 2024, 12:35:52 pm »

I thought Oliver and co reffed games in saudi, which I gather is not in the UAE and City are owned by Abu Dhabi which is in the UAE

He reffed in UAE: https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/liverpool-referees-darren-england-dan-cook-uae-b2422150.html

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5047 on: April 21, 2024, 01:40:51 pm »

UAE league. Probably Dubai, but same royal family as Abu Dhabi. Effectively paid by the same people who own Man City.

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #5048 on: April 21, 2024, 08:44:10 pm »
What's the latest with the whole Girona/City Champions League thing?  Not heard it talked about recently and they are both surely going to play in that competition...
"Salahs in here......"

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5049 on: April 21, 2024, 08:46:17 pm »
What's the latest with the whole Girona/City Champions League thing?  Not heard it talked about recently and they are both surely going to play in that competition...
Rules changed so both clubs can enter competition

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5050 on: April 21, 2024, 08:46:30 pm »

all covered up much like the refs trips to Aabu Dhabi.

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #5051 on: April 21, 2024, 10:55:56 pm »
Fuck me. Thanks for the update. What a piss take.
"Salahs in here......"

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #5052 on: Today at 01:53:08 pm »

'Richard Masters says the hearing into Manchester City's 115 charges will take place in the "near future". Closest he has come to indicating a date.'

^ https://twitter.com/ben_rumsby/status/1783838754597417416 (Daily Telegraph Sport Investigations Reporter)
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #5053 on: Today at 01:58:16 pm »
'Richard Masters says the hearing into Manchester City's 115 charges will take place in the "near future". Closest he has come to indicating a date.'

^ https://twitter.com/ben_rumsby/status/1783838754597417416 (Daily Telegraph Sport Investigations Reporter)

Nick Harris has said in one of his articles it will be this autumn sometime. I think Ornstein has since confirmed that.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5054 on: Today at 02:02:44 pm »

If they don't get hit the hardest with punishments, that English football has seen then it's all been pointless.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #5055 on: Today at 02:03:05 pm »

Think anything will come from it?

Me neither.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #5056 on: Today at 02:19:30 pm »
Nick Harris has said in one of his articles it will be this autumn sometime. I think Ornstein has since confirmed that.

Unless this is expected to last months (including any legal challenges), I'd wager that automatic relegation will not be on the cards, because the amount of complaining in the media about the apparent disruptive nature of mid-season points deductions in the PL (despite the Football League handing them out with regularity) seems to have laid the groundwork for a situation in which Man City would not receive some type of demotion or penalty that would disrupt the fixture list.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5057 on: Today at 02:30:34 pm »
Unless this is expected to last months (including any legal challenges), I'd wager that automatic relegation will not be on the cards, because the amount of complaining in the media about the apparent disruptive nature of mid-season points deductions in the PL (despite the Football League handing them out with regularity) seems to have laid the groundwork for a situation in which Man City would not receive some type of demotion or penalty that would disrupt the fixture list.

I remember an article from Miguel Delaney saying they could basically do what they wanted about City, should they be found guilty. The point is as well, if they went for a relegation it would be no punishment just dropping them down one league. The other thing, should City be found guilty they will immediately appeal it anyway. I am less focused on seeing what the punishment is, I am more concerned that it takes place. Whoever loses, it's massive for City or for the PL. If City are cleared they could just as easily sue the PL, what happens then? The whole of football is in a state of flux. I just think because people are so sceptical over this, they are underestimating the ramifications for football once the result of this becomes known.

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5058 on: Today at 02:31:21 pm »
Nothing will happen.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5059 on: Today at 02:34:15 pm »
The delay is deafening.

Online lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5060 on: Today at 02:34:34 pm »

I'm just cynical old-arse.
Evertonians are deluded. Its not comparable.
City's owners pay refs, pay off the books, pay off the council, pressure the government, pay off the authorities, fake sponorship deals and all the rest.
No way they aren't cheating in every other way possible as well.
My other favourite sport is cycling which taught me early on that if it looks to good to be true then it probably is.

You know what though?
I don't think they are the only ones and the lack of positive tests and bans in the game in general is a bit suspicious.

As for 115. They'll get away with it don't you worry

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5061 on: Today at 02:36:19 pm »
The delay is deafening.

What delay? The rumour has been that the hearing will be this autumn, which I have posted numerous times.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5062 on: Today at 02:40:55 pm »
What delay? The rumour has been that the hearing will be this autumn, which I have posted numerous times.

Delay between charges and whatever sham trial takes place. Years of trophies and success all in media silence about the context and scale of their cheating. No mention anywhere of their refusal to provide books post 2018.

Deafening.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5063 on: Today at 02:57:51 pm »
Delay between charges and whatever sham trial takes place. Years of trophies and success all in media silence about the context and scale of their cheating. No mention anywhere of their refusal to provide books post 2018.

Deafening.

Not true, I have put in articles in this very thread about journalists who have written about this. There are  journalists who have done some fine work on it, people like Nick Harris have been writing about this for years on end. Others on twitter regularly remind the masses about it. All the stuff you have moaned about in this post have been covered by the likes of Harris, Delaney, Panja, Rob Harris, Ziegler. Once the case takes place the story will force more journalists to cover it. The information is already out there if you can be bothered to look it up. 

Online smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5064 on: Today at 03:02:20 pm »
You know what though?
I don't think they are the only ones and the lack of positive tests and bans in the game in general is a bit suspicious.

This much has been obvious since Operacion Puerto. Always been a lot more money in football than cycling though, and money has a habit of making the suspicions go away.

Like others, my fear is not that City won't be dealt a hefty punishment when the hearing does eventually take place but that they will be able to get it written off on some legal technicality. Money again. They have the resources to make it go away.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5065 on: Today at 03:02:24 pm »
I’m well aware of Delaney and other and I’m also well aware that 99% of media has completely sweeped it all under the carpet.

Pay attention to how many times it is highlighted after they win their fourth title in a row.

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #5066 on: Today at 03:04:54 pm »
I’m well aware of Delaney and other and I’m also well aware that 99% of media has completely sweeped it all under the carpet.

Pay attention to how many times it is highlighted after they win their fourth title in a row.

They will be forced to at some stage though no matter the outcome
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5067 on: Today at 03:07:12 pm »

There will still be journalists who will mention it and if they win yet again I imagine their domination will become a major story at the end of the season, which will intensify once the hearing begins.

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #5068 on: Today at 03:09:17 pm »
Are the HMRC investigating them too sure i read that somewhere a bit back
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5069 on: Today at 03:15:06 pm »

I don't think so, the likely thing would be they will see how the case ends. If found guilty that could well be another story.

Online lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5070 on: Today at 03:22:09 pm »

HMRC?
The government department which shows little to no interest in the tax avoidance of the super rich, a department recently relocated into offices owned by the tax avoiding billionaire Reuben Brothers?
They won't do anything to Abu Dhabi.
UK Government and their donors won't allow it.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5071 on: Today at 03:23:56 pm »
I don't think so, the likely thing would be they will see how the case ends. If found guilty that could well be another story.

Hopefully their is an investigator who is a Scouser and has decided to start digging in anyway. I remember one fella yonks ago talking about how he caught some fella in Liverpool and it was because he drove past a big house with a very expensive car outside and thought "how's he affording that?" and dug into his finances. Anyone switched on just looks as ADFC/115 charges and thinks "how are they affording this". With Mancini getting a UK and Adu Dhabi salary, there is the potential for some kind of tax fraud to be happening.

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online lobsterboy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5072 on: Today at 03:31:11 pm »

It was the UAE, Dubai.
He may as well have gone and reffed in the Far East for betting syndicates, it stinks so badly.

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #5073 on: Today at 03:35:51 pm »
HMRC?
The government department which shows little to no interest in the tax avoidance of the super rich, a department recently relocated into offices owned by the tax avoiding billionaire Reuben Brothers?
They won't do anything to Abu Dhabi.
UK Government and their donors won't allow it.

That might change very soon though
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97