Author Topic: General Manchester City thread  (Read 3433885 times)

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: General Manchester City thread
« Reply #35400 on: November 13, 2019, 03:00:06 pm »
I'm waiting for Southampton fans to jump on the bandwagon and start putting the boot in
Quite.
This is the problem when proper journalism is replaced by just publishing what PR have drafted. You end up with an embarrassing puff piece without journalistic balance.
"Adam Lallana, we fucking hate you", Calling Lovren a c***, incessant booing of Van Dijk - who didn't give 2 shits. Liverpool players were expected to deal with hostility from fans of a club they left, and when Lovren had a stinker and got hooked it was because he let the fans get to him. The fans doing the abusing weren't blamed.

There's so much been said about how City are always on the lookout for negative stories and proactively using PR - even to the extent of marking journalists cards if they perceive they've been badly portrayed in the media, and this was the predictable response.

A joke of a club from top to bottom, any club that talks about preserving the integrity of the competition when they demonstrate that the last thing they want is competition of any sort deserve the lack of respect they get.

Liverpool fans booed Sterling because of the way he left, they carried on booing him because they thought it affected his game. Now they will carry on because their dickhead PR team that came up with the half baked justification for their appalling song, sung by their players just hours after winning the league has come up with another winner by confirming that it affected him.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #35401 on: November 13, 2019, 03:01:43 pm »
Milner gets boo'd by the City lot whenever we play them. Problem is that empty blue seats tend not to make as much noise as our lot.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #35402 on: November 13, 2019, 03:05:21 pm »
Milner gets boo'd by the City lot whenever we play them. Problem is that empty blue seats tend not to make as much noise as our lot.

plus Milner doesn't behave like a petulant toddler who can't control himself.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #35403 on: November 13, 2019, 03:05:52 pm »
Hahaha, I assume that was written by the Abu Dhabi PR machine and sent to Ducker to publish? Certainly doesn't read as an impartial piece exploring if his history with Liverpool was in part to blame, but more a complete apologist piece aiming to place the blame anywhere else possible.

The treatment Sterling got from the media until he was made the face of the anti racism campaign was appalling. These writers who are pointing at the sausage roll in the Bentley incident etc.and the way he was portrayed, conveniently ignore it was journalists stoking the dog whistle racism against a young black lad who had made it to the top of his profession.
His own frustration at playing shit every time he came to Anfield is the reason for his meltdown
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35404 on: November 13, 2019, 03:08:18 pm »
I've never heard of, read of, seen of, spoke of a bunch of a more entitled bunch of c*nts in my entire puff. I fucking hate Chelsea with an absolute passion, but I hope they pump these bastards and have them fighting for a CL spot.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #35405 on: November 13, 2019, 03:10:22 pm »
Now Danny Rose has come out and mentioned how shocked he was at Liverpool fans disliking Sterling

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50404849

check this for a headline  ;D

Joke

Is Danny Rose so shite because the Spurs fans boo him?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #35406 on: November 13, 2019, 03:10:55 pm »
The point which needs to be made is, how come people don't go on about the treatment Milner gets from City fans? He get's the same abuse, yet no one ever mentions that when its Milner in the firing line. I will be honest and say I would prefer people to get behind the team rather than give Sterling abuse. For one thing, it indicates that people are still bothered by him. The truth is we have a great team now let's enjoy them and just forget all about Sterling, he's yesterday's man to me now.

It's hypocrisy on a grand scale for people to be pointing to the abuse Sterling gets at Anfield while wilfully ignoring that ex-players of all clubs get the same treatment up and down the country every week. Look at the dogs abuse our ex-Southampton players get at St. Mary's.

No one likes rejection, be it personal rejection or your club getting rejection. Players leaving in anything but amicable circumstances tend to become the panto villain. That's just the way it is. If I leave my girlfriend for someone else she's going to hope I fall flat on my face further down the line, and she's not going to be complimentary if she sees me. That's fair enough. A mutual spit? Then we are still friends, but a messy divorce? They are rarely pretty.

Sterling made a rod for his own back, and now he's getting lightly hit with it he is squealing like a baby. Sometimes in life you go out of your way to build a rather uncomfortable bed for yourself, and when you do that it's a bit rich to blame everyone else when you eventually have to lie in it.

I don't think it's an either/or when it comes to heckling Sterling / supporting our team. We do both. Personally I don't particularly like Sterling. He's a great footballer, but comes over as a hypocritical little shit. Having said that, I have no real interest in him either. I think the heckling continues now simply because he goes out of his way to make it crystal clear that it affects his game badly. Any opposition will play on the weakness of an opponent if that opponent wears that weakness so obviously on his sleeve.

Personally, I think it up to Sterling to grow up. He needs to sort his own head out and learn to roll with it more. In his place I'd be looking to rise above the heat and stay ice cool, retain focus, then punish the opposition with my quality. Unfortunately for Sterling, far too many people are excusing his petulance and condoning his unwillingness to take personal responsibility. They have their own reasons and agendas for doing so, but it certainly doesn't help Sterling in the longer term.

As far as Liverpool go, Sterling certain is yesterday's man, as are Coutinho and Suarez. But disrespect Liverpool and you are repaid in kind. Respect Liverpool and Liverpool respects you. Anfield is one of the few places around where ex players are usually revered and applauded ... unless they treat us like shit. Do that, and you make a rod for your own back and really shouldn't complain if you later get hit with it.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35407 on: November 13, 2019, 03:13:50 pm »
Fuck off, Danny Rose. You play for Spurs. No wonder you've won fuck all with that kind of fragile disposition.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #35408 on: November 13, 2019, 03:16:48 pm »
It's hypocrisy on a grand scale for people to be pointing to the abuse Sterling gets at Anfield while wilfully ignoring that ex-players of all clubs get the same treatment up and down the country every week. Look at the dogs abuse our ex-Southampton players get at St. Mary's.

No one likes rejection, be it personal rejection or your club getting rejection. Players leaving in anything but amicable circumstances tend to become the panto villain. That's just the way it is. If I leave my girlfriend for someone else she's going to hope I fall flat on my face further down the line, and she's not going to be complimentary if she sees me. That's fair enough. A mutual spit? Then we are still friends, but a messy divorce? They are rarely pretty.

Sterling made a rod for his own back, and now he's getting lightly hit with it he is squealing like a baby. Sometimes in life you go out of your way to build a rather uncomfortable bed for yourself, and when you do that it's a bit rich to blame everyone else when you eventually have to lie in it.

I don't think it's an either/or when it comes to heckling Sterling / supporting our team. We do both. Personally I don't particularly like Sterling. He's a great footballer, but comes over as a hypocritical little shit. Having said that, I have no real interest in him either. I think the heckling continues now simply because he goes out of his way to make it crystal clear that it affects his game badly. Any opposition will play on the weakness of an opponent if that opponent wears that weakness so obviously on his sleeve.

Personally, I think it up to Sterling to grow up. He needs to sort his own head out and learn to roll with it more. In his place I'd be looking to rise above the heat and stay ice cool, retain focus, then punish the opposition with my quality. Unfortunately for Sterling, far too many people are excusing his petulance and condoning his unwillingness to take personal responsibility. They have their own reasons and agendas for doing so, but it certainly doesn't help Sterling in the longer term.

As far as Liverpool go, Sterling certain is yesterday's man, as are Coutinho and Suarez. But disrespect Liverpool and you are repaid in kind. Respect Liverpool and Liverpool respects you. Anfield is one of the few places around where ex players are usually revered and applauded ... unless they treat us like shit. Do that, and you make a rod for your own back and really shouldn't complain if you later get hit with it.

Does your ex girlfriend booing you affect your performance with your current one? If so I’d invest in a better lock.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35409 on: November 13, 2019, 03:18:12 pm »
It's the most toxic football forum I've ever visited. There's very little humour or frivolity and very few dues given to the opposition. There are some nuggets of common sense, some posters trying to talk about their own flaws, but mostly it's just anger and paranoia. It's what always happens when posters egg each other on to even stupider levels, but they take it to a new extreme.

It happens here as well; this very thread is an example of it; what should be a joyous piss-take thread (like the Manc and Bitters threads) has too much anger and indignation and po-facedness in it. But nothing like as bad as Blue Moon.

If there's one thing we can do that would really put them in their place (and hilariously rile them up) it would be to stop being so indignant about them here and start full-on taking the piss again. This should be a full-on piss-take thread, what RAWK does so well.

It's also what happens when you either have no moderation at all, or utter morons as moderators.

At least on RAWK if you are a real arsehole you will get shut down by the mods very quickly, and quite often jumped on by decent posters too.

It seems that places like Blue Loon and GoT are run by idiots every bit as stupid as their worst posters, so they all try to outdo each other in the moronic stakes.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35410 on: November 13, 2019, 03:19:26 pm »
The point which needs to be made is, how come people don't go on about the treatment Milner gets from City fans? He get's the same abuse, yet no one ever mentions that when its Milner in the firing line. I will be honest and say I would prefer people to get behind the team rather than give Sterling abuse. For one thing, it indicates that people are still bothered by him. The truth is we have a great team now let's enjoy them and just forget all about Sterling, he's yesterday's man to me now.

More the merrier for me. The abuse seems to get to him every time and he gets more and more wound up, which is ace, as the more wound he gets, the worse his game gets. Neville was all over the place in the 2006 FA Cup game at Anfield, he was getting dogs abuse, screamed at like fuck by the paddock for the whole first half and he struggled. I remember him slicing a clearance into the main very early on in that game and I'm sure he fucked up a throw in too.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35411 on: November 13, 2019, 03:21:33 pm »
They're losing the plot. Everyone's out to get them apparently.
One even mentioned a protest against the 'corrupt' FA after the Chelsea game. Oh and the media have an agenda against them. It's all very embarrassing
Would that be the very same media that is excusing violent conduct by one of their players?

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35412 on: November 13, 2019, 03:24:58 pm »
Does your ex girlfriend booing you affect your performance with your current one? If so I’d invest in a better lock.

It used to, but I just put earplugs in now.  :D

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35413 on: November 13, 2019, 03:25:24 pm »
It used to, but I just put earplugs in now.  :D

In where ?

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35414 on: November 13, 2019, 03:26:16 pm »

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35415 on: November 13, 2019, 03:28:06 pm »
Ah, I get it.

The aggressor is actually the victim.  ::)

So does Silva miss the Chelsea game then? That'll hurt.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35416 on: November 13, 2019, 03:29:24 pm »
Naughty.  :)

haha. Couldn't help it sorry mate  ;) 
City though, does this fierce rivalry now make them as much disliked as Man Utd to us or even more so?  Or will Utd always hold that title ? 

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35417 on: November 13, 2019, 03:30:09 pm »

Barmby's first game for us against Everton.  To a chorus of "Die Nicky, Die" he heads one into the top corner to make it 1-0. They soon stopped after that, didn't they?  And it's not just ex players, Gerrard copped flak nearly everywhere.  What did he do? Smack in a couple of screamers into the top corner to shut them up.

Goes to Goodison, boos and abusive songs from the first minute. Whack...1-0/2-1/2-0, take your pick.

Goes to Old Trafford, gets the same. Wins a penalty and slots it away to make it 2-1 on the way to a 4-1 win. Cheers lads.  Goes back a year later sticks in a free kick and another penalty. Year or two later again, sticks another couple of pens away.

Goes to St James' Park the weekend after England fail to qualify for Euro 2008.  Jeers all round the stadium every time he touches it. Bang! Right into to top corner, 1-0 on the way to a rout.

There's probably another dozen or so examples from Gerrard alone. Not to mention goodness knows how many other players throughout history.

What does Sterling do? Gets rattled, behaves like a toddler and goes crying to his mates.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #35418 on: November 13, 2019, 03:32:27 pm »
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35419 on: November 13, 2019, 03:33:26 pm »
1 match ban for Silva, Sterling tried bullying TTA at Anfield, tried thrusting a chest at Henderson, tried to get all big and touggh on Joe, elbowed - was it Gini he elbowed? - and put his foot up on Van Dijk, then kicks off again the next day with England. They have got away lucky. But they'll moan and moan, who cares? They're not a football club, their a country's lobby-group with boots on. And as for their supporters in the press, journalists have always been known as thick, incompetent, lazy sycophants. And as for their TwitterRage - hahahaheeheehee i'm the laughing gnome and you can't catch me.
But the buzzer, but the bus, but the boos .....  :)
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35420 on: November 13, 2019, 03:35:52 pm »
Now Danny Rose has come out and mentioned how shocked he was at Liverpool fans disliking Sterling

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50404849

check this for a headline  ;D

Joke

Harry Wilson who has played a handful of games for us was called "a murderer" and "scouse bastard" by utd fans recently. Daniel James better watch out.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35421 on: November 13, 2019, 03:36:47 pm »
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #35422 on: November 13, 2019, 03:37:07 pm »
1 match ban for Silva, Sterling tried bullying TTA at Anfield, tried thrusting a chest at Henderson, tried to get all big and touggh on Joe, elbowed - was it Gini he elbowed? - and put his foot up stamped on Van Dijk, then kicks off again the next day with England. They have got away lucky. But they'll moan and moan, who cares? They're not a football club, their a country's lobby-group with boots on. And as for their supporters in the press, journalists have always been known as thick, incompetent, lazy sycophants. And as for their TwitterRage - hahahaheeheehee i'm the laughing gnome and you can't catch me.
But the buzzer, but the bus, but the boos .....  :)

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/TZbOgfXweqY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/TZbOgfXweqY</a>
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35423 on: November 13, 2019, 03:39:12 pm »
plus Milner doesn't behave like a petulant toddler who can't control himself.

yes - but that's not Raheem's fault that he does that. It's actually our fault.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35424 on: November 13, 2019, 03:41:40 pm »
City though, does this fierce rivalry now make them as much disliked as Man Utd to us or even more so?  Or will Utd always hold that title ?

For me, it's not a rivalry. Proper rivalries have a grudging respect running through them, and they are built over a long time and through epic battles.

United have earned our hatred, as we have earned theirs.

Abu Dhabi are simply a drunk making a holy show of himself in front of everyone, thus getting some attention in the moment.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35425 on: November 13, 2019, 03:47:02 pm »
Barmby's first game for us against Everton.  To a chorus of "Die Nicky, Die" he heads one into the top corner to make it 1-0. They soon stopped after that, didn't they?  And it's not just ex players, Gerrard copped flak nearly everywhere.  What did he do? Smack in a couple of screamers into the top corner to shut them up.

Goes to Goodison, boos and abusive songs from the first minute. Whack...1-0/2-1/2-0, take your pick.

Goes to Old Trafford, gets the same. Wins a penalty and slots it away to make it 2-1 on the way to a 4-1 win. Cheers lads.  Goes back a year later sticks in a free kick and another penalty. Year or two later again, sticks another couple of pens away.

Goes to St James' Park the weekend after England fail to qualify for Euro 2008.  Jeers all round the stadium every time he touches it. Bang! Right into to top corner, 1-0 on the way to a rout.

There's probably another dozen or so examples from Gerrard alone. Not to mention goodness knows how many other players throughout history.

What does Sterling do? Gets rattled, behaves like a toddler and goes crying to his mates.

Yep, this is why I was saying that Sterling needs to sort his head out, take personal responsibility, remain cool and do his talking with his talent when on the pitch.

Jumping up and down whilst squealing like a baby just attracts less respect and more jeers.

It's quite staggering at the moment how Sterling being jeered is being used as an excuse for his outrageous behaviour, yet not a word was said in the media when the likes of Gerrard was getting a dog's abuse about his children but not only kept his cool, but punished the teams with his talent time and again.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #35426 on: November 13, 2019, 03:47:15 pm »
Right well, that looks worse than I thought at first.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #35427 on: November 13, 2019, 03:47:50 pm »
Scratch on his neck too. Tough man Sterling.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35428 on: November 13, 2019, 03:50:42 pm »

also a bit more dangerous than I realized - the "scratch" is pretty solid and close to the eye than it seemed from the other picture.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35429 on: November 13, 2019, 03:51:00 pm »

$t£rling checks his nail after his assault...

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35430 on: November 13, 2019, 03:56:27 pm »
Do you know what is always a winning PR strategy....instead of keeping your trap shut and letting it just die at death (tomorrows chip paper), carry on planting stories about how awfully you are being treated at a football match because you left for a much bigger wage. Winning strategy that.

Oh, and letting us know that booing him is getting to him is the cherry on top. No sirreee bob, we will never do that again now.

Man alive are all advisors and footy players this dense ?

Given that the articles seem to be coming from ex-city players, this latest phase seems to be more concerted and coming from the club to shift the attention away from them, even if it makes their player looking fucking weak in the process, they can't let the sportwashing project be derailed.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35431 on: November 13, 2019, 03:59:15 pm »
Given that the articles seem to be coming from ex-city players, this latest phase seems to be more concerted and coming from the club to shift the attention away from them, even if it makes their player looking fucking weak in the process, they can't let the sportwashing project be derailed.
They also tried to make the game last Sunday all about our fans and their bus.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35432 on: November 13, 2019, 04:00:56 pm »
A 1 game ban is an absolute disgrace given all the noise the FA created in advance of the Bulgaria game.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #35433 on: November 13, 2019, 04:03:51 pm »
I don't see how anyone in the England team can respect him after that.

After all, they could be the next ones he gets mad at because he didn't like the way they tackled him. And he held on to that grudge overnight as well.

But it's not his fault of course. It's because Liverpool fans boo-ed him and his fragile disposition couldn't handle it.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35434 on: November 13, 2019, 04:08:10 pm »
Imagine if any Liverpool player had lost a match at the weekend then stewed over it before meeting one of the opposition players on International duty and attacking him.

There would be absolute carnage in the media, and no way would they be bending over backwards to excuse him.

The hypocrisy on this is absolutely astounding.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #35435 on: November 13, 2019, 04:09:21 pm »

and I  am sure a few fans of other teams will be reading all this thinking that a bit of stick seems to cause poor Raheem to be off his game but oh no, how could we even envisage to stoop so low.......good luck with that Raheem lad.

Daft thing is, I thought he played quite well and certainly his best game for city against us.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35436 on: November 13, 2019, 04:10:49 pm »

I see City as an obstruction rather than a rival, they are in our way as we try to win stuff, but there's no real connection that you need for it to be a rivalry.

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35437 on: November 13, 2019, 04:11:19 pm »
I don't see how anyone in the England team can respect him after that.

They're all coming out in support of him though. Rose saying it's Liverpool fans fault. Hudson-Odoi saying Sterling is his idol.

I heard someone on the Radio this morning say that Sterling will still be a future England Captain, too.

It is mental that the media are focusing on whether Southgate was harsh or not, instead of condemning Sterling for assaulting a teammate. Genuinely mental. Imagine if it was someone like Joey Barton, christ.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35438 on: November 13, 2019, 04:12:28 pm »
They also tried to make the game last Sunday all about our fans and their bus.

To be fair to them, we did end up wrecking their coach.  ;)

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #35439 on: November 13, 2019, 04:12:45 pm »
The way to deal with a bit of stick from fans is to laugh it off or let it drive you to greater things. I remember a united game a few years back when Giggs was getting quite a bit from the Kop. He went down to take a corner and started smiling and having a bit of banter. I also remember the likes of Neville getting properly fired up and playing well.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019