Author Topic: FIFA & Blatter  (Read 13056 times)

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
FIFA & Blatter
« on: June 11, 2014, 09:11:18 pm »
Some comment on this in one of the many threads in the WC forum but may justify another thread.  Feel free to merge if apt.

Apparently just breaking news FIFA has effectively voted against restricting the number of terms a president can serve and also voted against having some sort of maximum age.  Blatter also has proposed (apparently) that in every match managers will have the right to two appeals against decision.  From accusations of racism re his critics and now the nonsense coming out tonight.  He's having a laugh.

You wonder how long Blatter and FIFA will continue to run roughshod over popular opinion.  They're basically sticking two fingers up at critics and particularly recent criticisms from UEFA.

Surely UEFA should be looking at instigating some sort of breakaway.   

http://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/soccer/fifa-vote-clears-way-for-blatter-to-stay-in-office-633160.html

11/06/2014 - 20:32:00Back to Sport Home

FIFA delegates have effectively giving the green light to president Sepp Blatter to stand for a fifth term in office next year.

UEFA and a number of European federations, including the Football Association, had proposed bringing in limits but that was defeated in a vote at FIFA's Congress in Sao Paulo.

The decision leaves the way open for 78-year-old Blatter to stay in office next year - and for many years beyond.

Blatter faced calls from FA chairman Greg Dyke and a number of senior European members on Tuesday to keep to his 2011 pledge and step down next year, but he has made it clear to FIFA's 209 member nations that he intends to stand again.

The vote on limits came towards the end of a lengthy meeting where Blatter made the light-hearted suggestion that football could one day be played on other planets.

He also told delegates that the governing body was still involved in governance reforms.

He said: "We are still in our reform process but we are at the end," he said.

"Our basic values of football of discipline, respect and fair play could be brought in everywhere in the world then we would have realised our objective but our objective never finishes.

"From north to west to east and south ... and we shall wonder if one day our game is played on other planets and then one day we won't have the World Cup, we will have interplanetary contests."

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: FIFA & Blatter
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 09:54:15 pm »
The term limit exclusion is a clear indication that those at the top of FIFA are protecting themselves against transparent and open corruption investigations.

You can bet the current regime will do everything in its power to protect itself and its laughable awarding of World Cups to Russia and Qatar. They have too much to lose {in every sense} to let those countries lose their prizes.

As for playing a World Cup on another planet, that will depend heavily upon which bidder stuffs the most cash in the voters briefcases.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 10:02:11 pm »
Got to the point where you have to sit back & admire how he has football on lock down. He survives every corruption scandal in his organisation with ease, runs his dictatorship brilliantly & the majority of the time gets elected without competition. The amount of shit that will come out when he dies I imagine will be unprecedented even for his biggest critics. 

All for the appeal system not so sure about inter-galactic games... E.T. will hate Stoke on a cold Wednesday night.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 10:40:55 pm »
While I generally detest people throwing their weight around because they have money, I actually wouldn't mind UEFA threatening to walk away from FIFA if Blatter doesn't walk. Pretty much 90% of the money in the game comes from Europe and if UEFA made the right noises I'm sure the other regional bodies would come to understand that Blatter needs to go
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Online drmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 11:23:21 pm »
I've always been amazed how UEFA didn't simply break away, I just guessed that one or two nations within Europe were "in" on the conspiracy (probably the French for definite).

Given the influence of La Liga and Premier League, I'm shocked that the English and Spanish are not yet the true powers within football today.

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2014, 11:33:09 pm »
This could be the start TSC. This is our game. Not his or fifas and we should do all we can to fuck him off the bent bastard. I'm in.

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2014, 11:53:55 pm »
@MattGarrahan: Sepp Blatter easily defeats #Fifa vote for age and term limits - then announces $750k "bonus" for every Fifa member. #coincidence
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2014, 11:56:34 pm »
time for uefa to start a "no sepp blatter" organisation, if you can't dislodge the prick time to start your own organisation with a set of rules such as a maximum term in office, transparent voting etc in place to stop this sort of hijacking & dictatorship in future.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2014, 11:58:38 pm »
c*nt will  have to die to get rid of him.

Offline El_Capitán

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2014, 12:00:09 am »
@MattGarrahan: Sepp Blatter easily defeats #Fifa vote for age and term limits - then announces $750k "bonus" for every Fifa member. #coincidence
Fucking hell. Could it get any more barefaced?

Offline timbucktoo

• Dreams of a threesome with Oprah Winfrey or Whoopie Goldberg
  • Kopite
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2014, 12:07:39 am »
c*nt will  have to die to get rid of him.

dont count on that. He ll out live RAWK at this rate :butt :butt :butt

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2014, 12:10:40 am »
How in the name of fuck can that guy, and platini for that matter, control our sport and there is nothing that can be done? Utter lunacy. As far as i am aware all the money that fifa makes from the world cup and other competitons is untaxable and not one penny will stay in the country as well.

Not bad work if you can get it for a non-profit organisation, it infuriates me.

http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/organisation/bodies/congress/news/newsid=2363145/

YNWA

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2014, 12:12:40 am »
Told you, he's president for life.

he's the FIFA version of Berlusconi.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2014, 12:14:28 am »
How in the name of fuck can that guy, and platini for that matter, control our sport and there is nothing that can be done? Utter lunacy. As far as i am aware all the money that fifa makes from the world cup and other competitons is untaxable and not one penny will stay in the country as well.

Not bad work if you can get it for a non-profit organisation, it infuriates me.

http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/organisation/bodies/congress/news/newsid=2363145/

To be fair its because footballers in general are thick and useless. If i was famous id  call the c*nt out. He's corrupt and a c*nt to boot but no legend says fuck all...............cowards the lot.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2014, 12:21:29 am »
time for uefa to start a "no sepp blatter" organisation, if you can't dislodge the prick time to start your own organisation with a set of rules such as a maximum term in office, transparent voting etc in place to stop this sort of hijacking & dictatorship in future.

Then why don't they limit the number of terms their president can serve? As far as I can tell the only limit is age. So, platini could well be president for another 10 or 11 years. He'd then have been in charge of Uefa for close to 20 years. How is that really any different to Blatter? Add to that there are enough fishy things going on in Uefa itself or with Platini...

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2014, 12:30:13 am »
FA believe our chances of getting a WC are zero. we tried to expose corruption and are treated like lepers.
FIFA are now trying to close every loophole to ensure all the corrupt little people from 4th rate footballing countries have complete control of world football by having a puppet in charge who is prepared to look the other way to corruption in return for power..how can these people be allowed to wield so much power.
I dont know how Europe stand legally but it is about time the powerful football countries with financial clout threw their weight about.
All threaten to not recognize FIFA and run their own WC. invite other countries like Brazil and Argentina into the competition. bring this to a head one way or the other the game should be run by the worlds leading footballing countries who are open to scrutiny.
Maybe the first step to get the ball rolling, Few countries threaten to boycott the next WC, see what support they get, negotiate with these countries and leave FIFA in the cold. FIFA would shit themselves.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2014, 12:51:17 am »
To be fair its because footballers in general are thick and useless. If i was famous id  call the c*nt out. He's corrupt and a c*nt to boot but no legend says fuck all...............cowards the lot.

Spot on mate, people with respect in the game and the masses should unite in telling this dinosaur his time is up. The power is always in the hands of the masses, while there is no co-ordinated effort, he will always blag his way through apathy and pay offs.

We proved, what can be achieved standing together as on voice in a relentless campaign being creative with iniatives.
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline JJ Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2014, 08:44:08 am »
I really hope this American lawyer is genuine and his investigation doesn't just scratch the surface. The thing is though no-one at Fifa seems to concerned about it so you just wonder.

Offline YJT

• Kopite
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2014, 08:45:32 am »
no legend says fuck all...............cowards the lot.

Don't think that's very accurate in Romario, Cantona have been very vocal in their critisicm of Fifa and I saw Maradona has started to voice his opposition and Platini has started to find his voice as well.

The biggest influencers though are the sponsors who pay the billions. They've started to put pressure on FIFA and in my opinion they should. The World Cup brand and reputation is getting more and more tarnished and that reflects on the sponsors. At this moment when I think of this world cup, the first thing that pops in to my head is protests against it. Obviously now that the World cup will start, football will move to the foreground but Brazil crash out in the second round, there's not much left to calm the protesters and there'll still be 2 weeks of the tournament left. After this tournament the focus will be on Russia where the gay rights and opposition activists will start to be very loud then of course there's the mess with Qatar so in the long term I can't see the reputation of FIFA and the world cup massively improving. At least if Blatter pissed off, his successor could possibly say 'it's got nothing to do with me'. My fear is that I can't really envision Blatter's replacement to be any better though.

Additionally Swiss TV yesterday reported on documents showing bribery of african and asian officials and next week a Swiss politician will request in parlament that money-laundering and corruption laws be adjusted so that they also apply to organisations like FIFA. I hope the pressure continues to build. They can buy African and Asian votes but if the Sponsors, UEFA and the public turn against FIFA and then if the Swiss justice starts investigating against them, they'll be forced to reform

Offline jamie_c

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2014, 09:20:52 am »
I've always been amazed how UEFA didn't simply break away, I just guessed that one or two nations within Europe were "in" on the conspiracy (probably the French for definite).

Given the influence of La Liga and Premier League, I'm shocked that the English and Spanish are not yet the true powers within football today.

This is what I think, the whole Fifa machine is built on sponsorship money.  Europe have a disproportiante amount of power both in terms of advertising markets but more importantly the quality of the competition.  A world cup could not happen without Europe as the commercial sponsors would not back it. 

it's time to show some balls regardless of the outcome of the current corruption investigation (we all know the truth but whether they can prove it is doubtful).  the fact is the world cup is played in June/July and Quatar is not suitable, if Fifa want the world cup in Quater European clubs should boycott.

If this happened Fifa would crumble.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2014, 10:36:27 am »
Always thought Platini was something of Blatter's lapdog so I can't envisage UEFA breaking away.

Popcorn's Art

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2014, 10:54:10 am »
Told you, he's president for life.

he's the FIFA version of Berlusconi.

more like FIFA version of Mugabe...ever lasting dictator. 

Football has become so dirty these days with open corruptions, mafia type organization, match/election fixing, "slaves workers" dying because of world cup (brazil, Qatar), etc
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline Biscuits of Biscan

• Kemlynite
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2014, 10:56:37 am »
Presumably UEFA are tied down in huge contracts for the next few world cups. I don't think it's as easy as simply saying they should break away.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2014, 11:18:26 am »
I really hope this American lawyer is genuine and his investigation doesn't just scratch the surface. The thing is though no-one at Fifa seems to concerned about it so you just wonder.

Well he did previously sign off on harsh interrogation techniques for the US. Maybe they could be used on Blatter.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2014, 11:31:38 am »
Always thought Platini was something of Blatter's lapdog so I can't envisage UEFA breaking away.

Platini probably has an eye on Blatters job though dont forget!
Thinking is overrated.

Offline JohnHobbes

• Resident Expert Paronomasian
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2014, 11:49:20 am »
Platini probably has an eye on Blatters job though dont forget!

That's the major problem. Why would he want to rock the boat when he stands to benefit most...?

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2014, 12:17:18 pm »
While I generally detest people throwing their weight around because they have money, I actually wouldn't mind UEFA threatening to walk away from FIFA if Blatter doesn't walk. Pretty much 90% of the money in the game comes from Europe and if UEFA made the right noises I'm sure the other regional bodies would come to understand that Blatter needs to go

In a nutshell.

His shameless playing of the race card is equally as despicable as the blatant corruption he's presided over.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2014, 12:25:12 pm »
Take a look at this list of Fifa members:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_FIFA_Member_Associations#Current_FIFA_affiliated_confederations

Then take a look at the 32 countries in Brazil, and the other 53 countries that have ever been to the finals:
http://topendsports.com/events/worldcupsoccer/countries/index.htm

So 85 countries have featured in the finals out of 209 FIFA members. The vast majority of voters do not give a shit about the countries in the finals, only how much cash they can milk out of it.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2014, 12:31:03 pm »
That's the major problem. Why would he want to rock the boat when he stands to benefit most...?

Unless he has the support to stab Blatter in the back he wont do a damned thing.

Popcorn's Art

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2014, 12:32:08 pm »

His shameless playing of the race card is equally as despicable as the blatant corruption he's presided over.

Thats probably what UEFA are worried about, if they intervene I dont doubt the race card will get played by Blatter and it gets twisted into a 'Imperialist Europe' trying to impose its will against its poor ex-Colonies in Africa and Asia and their friend Sepp.

Would be interesting to know what the South American Federations stance is on Blatter.
Thinking is overrated.

Online Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2014, 02:01:36 pm »
He needs deposing in any way possible. I can't believe that he's managed to keep so much under wraps, and he's managed to get away with so much we know of. There must be an army of journalists waiting to expose him, and an equally sized army in his back pocket and protecting him.

It's become ridiculous and it genuinely looks like death would be the only way for someone else to get the job. The c*nt is 78 years old. Ridiculous that he's not been manoeuvred into stepping down. Not enough Machiavelli's and too many yes men in Fifa. Happy to let it carry on because they can fill their pockets while he's still at the top. We saw it with Warner, we saw it with Bin Hammam.

He's a corrupt, immoral, condescending c*nt. He plays the race card with a bare-faced shamelessness, but it doesn't hide the fact that he's the racist. He sells impossible promises to these smaller developing footballing nations but talks down to them and thinks he's so much cleverer than them for getting their backing. I honestly hope he disappears whilst in Brazil.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2014, 02:03:50 pm »
On the BBC ticker:

BREAKING NEWS:Uefa president Michel Platini says of Fifa counterpart Sepp Blatter: "I am supporting him no longer, it's finished."

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2014, 02:04:34 pm »
On the BBC ticker:

BREAKING NEWS:Uefa president Michel Platini says of Fifa counterpart Sepp Blatter: "I am supporting him no longer, it's finished."

It's all coming crashing down for him.

Offline SP

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline JohnHobbes

• Resident Expert Paronomasian
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2014, 02:16:42 pm »
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/12/michel-platini-fifa-sepp-blatter

Oh dear, Platini has gone Remus on us:

“It is an option,” he said when asked if he put his name forward. “But it is not because of Blatter that Michel Platini would stand. And it is not because of Sepp Blatter that Michel Platini would not appear. My only concern is what I want to do. I am almost 60 years and I need to know what I want."

Anyone who refers to themselves in the third person isn't someone I want in power. Even for a sound bite. Considering what he has done at UEFA then it's not guaranteed that Platini running FIFA would be any different from Blatter running it. Not sure a lot of the members would want it to be sadly.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2014, 02:22:59 pm »
Got to the point where you have to sit back & admire how he has football on lock down. He survives every corruption scandal in his organisation with ease, runs his dictatorship brilliantly & the majority of the time gets elected without competition. The amount of shit that will come out when he dies I imagine will be unprecedented even for his biggest critics. 

All for the appeal system not so sure about inter-galactic games... E.T. will hate Stoke on a cold Wednesday night.

Not for me - do you admire the Catholic Church for their ability to protect priests who fuck children?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2014, 02:28:52 pm »

Not for me - do you admire the Catholic Church for their ability to protect priests who fuck children?

I'm sure  he's not actually admiring them as such, just how blatant it seems to be and how he continues to get away with it.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2014, 04:17:08 pm »
Is it too much of a stretch to say that FIFA is one of the most corrupt organizations on the planet?

Offline skivvy149

• Anny Roader
  • Believer
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2014, 04:31:46 pm »
I know it's easier said than done, but I'd love to see UEFA countries leave FIFA and the World Cup, imagine how devalued it'd be, it'd be like the Europa League is to the Champions League.
FIFA is so corrupt it's laughable

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2014, 04:34:35 pm »
Interesting words from Platini but we'll have to see what actions, if any, UEFA will be prepared to take in brining Blatter down.

Popcorn's Art