Author Topic: Álisson Ramsés Becker  (Read 963640 times)

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Alisson Ramses Becker
« Reply #3960 on: January 29, 2020, 11:54:36 pm »
You can make the argument he’s our best player - impossible to compare keepers to outfield played but hes having the biggest direct effect on our goals plus or minus of any player.
The Messi of keepers

and from time to time - the Keeper of Messi's too.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #3961 on: January 29, 2020, 11:57:39 pm »
and from time to time - the Keeper of Messi's too.
Meh, very rarely. Did Messi actually had a shot?  :P
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3962 on: January 30, 2020, 09:20:31 am »

Watch that clip of Trent jesting with Lingard and hitting the crossbar, and you can hear the ball go ping. Maybe it's low quality balls that I played with (and I'm not even counting the Mouldmaster for comparison), but my memory of kicking the ball is a dull clump, maybe a tonk if I connected well.

The balls that the academy use  sound like that whenever I watch them.  It sounds like they're flat but I always put it down to there being no crowd noise so you can hear it more than a proper game.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3963 on: January 30, 2020, 09:25:27 am »
He's fantastic. He saves us at least one sure goal every game for sure.

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3964 on: January 30, 2020, 09:30:33 am »
He is leading the golden gloves award with 9 clean sheets despite missing 2 months of the season!

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jumplist/weisseweste/wettbewerb/GB1

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3965 on: January 30, 2020, 09:30:39 am »
Sometimes I just absolutely love being wrong. I wasn't skeptical of him signing or anything, I just had a feeling after a dozen or so games he wasn't going to be quite as good as many made out. I have no idea why I thought that but it feels brilliant to look back now and call myself an idiot. 
He's absolutely class. I educated myself a little too about keepers and read a few things about how his positional sense in the goal allowed him to make saves that appeared routine.
I do feel like an idiot for even doubting him. He comes across as a special character too, you can clearly see the bond he has with Klopp. Superb last night yet again. Best in the world. Easy.

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3966 on: January 30, 2020, 11:33:19 am »
Imagine we had this guy a few years ago, unbelievably good

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3967 on: January 30, 2020, 11:39:17 am »
The balls that the academy use  sound like that whenever I watch them.  It sounds like they're flat but I always put it down to there being no crowd noise so you can hear it more than a proper game.

It's the way they're made these days, thinner and thinner casing that isn't stitched anymore so the sound of the air in the inner is louder.

He uses a Nike Merlin in that video Sangria mentions which is a top of the range footy.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3968 on: January 30, 2020, 11:56:28 am »
He is leading the golden gloves award with 9 clean sheets despite missing 2 months of the season!

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jumplist/weisseweste/wettbewerb/GB1

Last night was his 8th.

Not sure half an hour against Norwich should be included which is what that website has done.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 12:00:48 pm by mc_red22 »

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #3969 on: January 30, 2020, 01:56:38 pm »
God I love him. Special player and a special character. He fits exactly the type of person Klopp wants playing for this football club. Humble yet utterly outstanding in terms of talent. I remember many days when I expected Mignolet to nearly concede every shot taken at him and also the failed Karius experiment. Alisson is in a different universe to nearly every other goalkeeper in world football. What we have come to see as routine saves are usually out of the top drawer. Along with Van Dijk he was the final piece of this incredible puzzle we are building. Looking forward to see him between the posts for many years to come.

Offline istabraq77

• Boys Pen
« Reply #3970 on: January 30, 2020, 04:33:40 pm »
Last night was his 8th.

Not sure half an hour against Norwich should be included which is what that website has done.

I think it's more likely they are counting the Brighton game where we conceded after the sending off. Not sure what the Golden Glove rule is on that one

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3971 on: January 30, 2020, 05:09:24 pm »
I think it's more likely they are counting the Brighton game where we conceded after the sending off. Not sure what the Golden Glove rule is on that one

Welcome Istabraq!

I can't find the official count on premierleague.com, they're only listing by club it seems

Edit: found it

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/clean_sheet?po=GOALKEEPER

8 for Alisson.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 05:11:16 pm by rebel23 »

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3972 on: January 30, 2020, 06:29:03 pm »
It's the way they're made these days, thinner and thinner casing that isn't stitched anymore so the sound of the air in the inner is louder.

He uses a Nike Merlin in that video Sangria mentions which is a top of the range footy.

Our kid has got an actual match ball from when we played West Ham away, Gerrard and Suarez days and that thing is nuts, moves all over the place and flies. I can only imagine what the new balls are like.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Bobbyf9kungfu

• Main Stander
« Reply #3973 on: January 30, 2020, 07:02:56 pm »
Best goalie I’ve ever seen. He’s unreal.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #3974 on: January 31, 2020, 06:27:50 am »
Noticed that his hair has just tipped past cute 'just-got-out-of-bed' ruffled and into 'slick'.

Is he gonna keep growing it until the season ends? Is it the source of his strength and power? Is he doing it for the team? Alisson Agonistes?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3975 on: January 31, 2020, 09:14:34 am »
Imagine we had this guy a few years ago, unbelievably good

If only he had been in the goal for us against Real Madrid...

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #3976 on: January 31, 2020, 09:19:25 am »

Crazy how everything works out. If Karius hadn't made those 2 blunders, he would have been our first choice goalkeeper last season and we would probably not have signed another keeper and Alisson would be at Chelsea just now  :-X

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #3977 on: January 31, 2020, 09:24:53 am »
Nice little piece on him and his family/upbringing on BT Sport - Premier League World Ep. 26

Offline red whine

• goes to my hhead
  • Main Stander
« Reply #3978 on: January 31, 2020, 09:46:13 am »

We would have beaten them. End of!

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3979 on: January 31, 2020, 09:46:22 am »
Crazy how everything works out. If Karius hadn't made those 2 blunders, he would have been our first choice goalkeeper last season and we would probably not have signed another keeper and Alisson would be at Chelsea just now  :-X
I doubt that we went for Alisson because of that. We’ve been tracking him long before that. Roma was willing to sell that summer and we nipped in
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #3980 on: January 31, 2020, 06:14:04 pm »
Certain start for Brazil now.

Poor Ederson. But that will give him some time to erase his god awful tattoos

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3981 on: January 31, 2020, 06:39:55 pm »
Certain start for Brazil now.

Poor Ederson. But that will give him some time to erase his god awful tattoos

he was already the starter.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3982 on: January 31, 2020, 06:40:09 pm »
He was already Brazil's #1 keeper lol.  ;D

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #3983 on: January 31, 2020, 06:55:33 pm »
Best keeper we've had in decades, if not the best of all.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #3984 on: January 31, 2020, 06:58:09 pm »
I doubt that we went for Alisson because of that. We’ve been tracking him long before that. Roma was willing to sell that summer and we nipped in

Klopp said it was happening regardless of the CL final.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3985 on: January 31, 2020, 06:58:17 pm »

FFS man, Ramos gave the poor lad a fucking concussion.  We might not have won but stop acting like Karius was a shit keeper.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #3986 on: January 31, 2020, 07:29:39 pm »
FFS man, Ramos gave the poor lad a fucking concussion.  We might not have won but stop acting like Karius was a shit keeper.

Irrespective of the CL final, he was awful. And still is. But that's for another topic.

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3987 on: January 31, 2020, 07:37:12 pm »
Irrespective of the CL final, he was awful. And still is. But that's for another topic.

He most definitely wasn't awful. How he recovered or didn't recover from the Kiev game is another matter, but he had a very good half season before it.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3988 on: January 31, 2020, 08:08:31 pm »

:lmao

Popcorn's Art

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3989 on: January 31, 2020, 08:15:41 pm »
He looks terrifying in the goal, especially with that hair.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Caligula?

• Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #3990 on: January 31, 2020, 09:04:10 pm »
He most definitely wasn't awful. How he recovered or didn't recover from the Kiev game is another matter, but he had a very good half season before it.

Yeah, thank fuck he didn't have much to do during that half season because we signed Van Dijk.  ;D

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #3991 on: January 31, 2020, 10:12:20 pm »

Where have I said anything about Karius being a shit keeper? I don’t think he’s a shit keeper. He’s just a mediocre keeper and you can find plenty of them in Europe’s top 5 leagues.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #3992 on: February 1, 2020, 07:17:04 am »
At the end of this season would any of you positively prefer to get rid of Adrian and bring Karius back as second choice? No? Well there's an end to it. We've improved and moved on, let's keep on movin' on...
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #3993 on: February 1, 2020, 07:26:17 am »
At the end of this season would any of you positively prefer to get rid of Adrian and bring Karius back as second choice? No? Well there's an end to it. We've improved and moved on, let's keep on movin' on...

I'd be more concerned about getting Adrian an extension. Contract runs out in 2021. He's the perfect backup
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #3994 on: February 1, 2020, 08:03:18 am »
I'd be more concerned about getting Adrian an extension. Contract runs out in 2021. He's the perfect backup
I agree, but that's my point. We've moved on now to the point where our second choices are often better than previous first choices. That's OK, clubs progress and as they do the level of player they need to look at naturally rises as well

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3995 on: February 1, 2020, 11:01:04 am »

I’d have Karius as third choice ahead of Lonergan though.

Online mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3996 on: February 1, 2020, 11:47:39 am »
I’d have Karius as third choice ahead of Lonergan though.

At Karius's age, you really think he'd take that?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3997 on: February 1, 2020, 11:52:08 am »

No & I was one of the idiots who thought we should give him another year because the Alisson money would be better spent elsewhere.:hally

My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3998 on: February 1, 2020, 12:42:38 pm »
Where have I said anything about Karius being a shit keeper? I don’t think he’s a shit keeper. He’s just a mediocre keeper and you can find plenty of them in Europe’s top 5 leagues.

Is not "mediocre" just a polite way of saying "shit"? My bad.

In any case, it's the narrative that's being driven and I personally feel it's rewriting history a bit. We did make it to a CL final with him after all, and you reference his two 'blunders" when, as said, he had a fucking concussion

But if you want to be pedantic about it, I dont think he's mediocre either. He's not as good as Adrian but we've essentially landed on our feet getting him. And comparing any keeper to Becker is pretty pointless.

I'd rather have pre-Ramos Karius than current De Gea, let's put it that way.
« Last Edit: February 1, 2020, 12:54:56 pm by Red Berry »

Popcorn's Art

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3999 on: February 1, 2020, 12:46:31 pm »
Is not "mediocre" just a polite way of saying "shit"? My bad.

In any case, it's the narrative that's being driven and I personally feel it's rewriting history a bit. We did make it to a CL final with him after all, and you reference his two 'blunders" when, as said, he had a fucking concussion[/i.]

But if you want to be pedantic about it, I dont think he's mediocre either. He's not as good as Adrian but we've essentially landed on our feet getting him. And comparing any keeper to Becker is pretty pointless.

I'd rather have pre-Ramos Karius than current De Gea, let's put it that way.

Um I doubt Karius is saving that Henderson blaster onto the post imo
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him