Author Topic: The small things in life that make you happy  (Read 615450 times)

Offline richiedouglas

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You feed beefburgers to swans!
Re: The small things in life that make you happy
« Reply #320 on: May 8, 2015, 08:16:24 pm »
A giant turd.....you know the ones that leave you feeling like youve given birth. Magical.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #321 on: May 8, 2015, 08:16:39 pm »
Building Lego with my son
Jurgen YNWA

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #322 on: May 9, 2015, 01:56:22 am »
standing under a nice warm (non golden) shower and not being in a hurry anywhere

very relaxing

One of the small things in life I really enjoy. It's so simple and so great.
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #323 on: May 9, 2015, 11:40:22 pm »

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: May 10, 2015, 03:11:00 pm »
Making a big log! I can't make wait for Xmas!

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #325 on: May 11, 2015, 09:11:41 am »
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline the good half

• these days is hard to find so please be gentle with this half of mine
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #326 on: May 11, 2015, 11:53:08 am »
An unexpected free period at school.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: May 11, 2015, 12:31:25 pm »

Online AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #328 on: May 11, 2015, 01:09:53 pm »
The rare moments when you have the house to yourself, it doesnt happen often in our gaff, so on Saturday I made the most of it.

Put some Peroni's in the fridge, pottered about for a bit, had an hour on FIFA15, then about 8pm took a stroll the chippy for my tea, come back and settled down with good grub, good beer and my Auf Wiedersehen boxset. I know its not a rock and roll lifestyle, but it was bliss for me.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: May 11, 2015, 02:50:43 pm »
The rare moments when you have the house to yourself, it doesnt happen often in our gaff, so on Saturday I made the most of it.

Put some Peroni's in the fridge, pottered about for a bit, had an hour on FIFA15, then about 8pm took a stroll the chippy for my tea, come back and settled down with good grub, good beer and my Auf Wiedersehen boxset. I know its not a rock and roll lifestyle, but it was bliss for me.
yeah its nice to get the tv to yourself alright. especially when you dont have someone bleating at you every 5 mins "was the grass cut?" "can you hoover the living room?"

tv, beer and quietness. jesus i sound like an old man

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #330 on: May 12, 2015, 09:18:50 pm »
Getting asked if I want to take over as an instructor at my job bearing in mind I've always wanted to teach/help others learn more. I'm chuffed!!

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #331 on: May 18, 2015, 05:26:48 pm »
Having a completely bizarre phone customer service call

I have always bought Dell laptops and have bought several using the same account number for years. This weekend Dell had a special offer that if you buy a laptop you get a free 32" LG or Samsung TV.

I did need the laptop but not so much the TV but a deal is a deal.

I confirmed the order and it did seem an incredible deal. So I emailed Dell straight away after the order was placed to make sure the TV was included. All phone lines were closed last night. I then get an email this morning saying call Dell anyway, some three hours after the phone lines open.

So the guy listens to my issue and then offers me a $100 refund on my purchase on the spot. he says it cant be cancelled as its about to ship but i could still return for a full refund within 30 days anyway.

Strangely the special offer was for a minimum order of $750. By the time I get the laptop I ordered plus my refund amount its only $467. The difference is about the same as buying a new TV anyway.

I feel like I had a win win. An 18% discount on a laptop just for stating my issue in a nice way.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 05:29:23 pm by AndyInVA »

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #332 on: May 21, 2015, 01:45:16 am »
My kids

Sorry, wrong thread

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: May 21, 2015, 09:09:34 am »

got a very strange call myself a few weeks ago which sort of makes me laugh when i think of it

number showed up from bog end of ireland somewhere

they had my name and number right. it was from some primary school about enrolling my daughter.

they insisted they had been talking to me, plus how they had my number and name i dont know

but its some town ive never even been too plus i dont even have a child. weird

figured it was a wind up from someone (albeit not a very good one) very odd.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: May 21, 2015, 09:21:39 am »

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #335 on: May 21, 2015, 09:38:28 am »
got a very strange call myself a few weeks ago which sort of makes me laugh when i think of it

number showed up from bog end of ireland somewhere

they had my name and number right. it was from some primary school about enrolling my daughter.

they insisted they had been talking to me, plus how they had my number and name i dont know

but its some town ive never even been too plus i dont even have a child. weird

figured it was a wind up from someone (albeit not a very good one) very odd.

But you did have a Stag Weekend down there about 5 years ago?

Offline Jaska

• Hävytön mulkku - cheek shagger
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: May 23, 2015, 11:47:16 am »
Memories. Ten years ago today I was on my way to the airport...

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #337 on: May 23, 2015, 11:53:05 am »
Saving turtles.

Found one crawling in my garden yesterday so threw it in the lake near me. Life saved.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: May 26, 2015, 11:43:57 am »
But you did have a Stag Weekend down there about 5 years ago?
going to offaly for a stag do? thats just low :D

Offline muyuu

• Google Groomer. reddit remain campaigner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Rafa - fact
« Reply #339 on: May 26, 2015, 11:56:58 am »
Saving turtles.

Found one crawling in my garden yesterday so threw it in the lake near me. Life saved.

:thumbup cheers mate.
"Chelsea have confirmed that their interim fans will leave the club when Roman Abramovich does"
-sinnermichael

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=303961.msg11432382#msg11432382

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: May 27, 2015, 03:03:05 pm »
Just went for a dump......someone was in another cubicle having a conversation on their phone with a fucking estate agent of all people.....

It was pure winding me up to the point I let out a massive guff, or epic proportions in both decibels reached and the duration of the disturbance it caused.

Gave me a fit of the giggles...whilst taking a shit...whilst some soft arse was trying to sell his house!

Hilarious ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: May 27, 2015, 03:20:24 pm »
hahaha brilliant

when i hear someone in a cubicle on their phone i keep turning on the hand dryer to annoy them

another one i used to do was when the building was being cleaned in work , usually some women who plugs it in two floors below cos the hoover chord is about 4 miles long. i used to love taking the plug out and legging it. youd go up two floors and see them repeatedly tryna switch it on and back off or looking for a blockage

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: May 27, 2015, 03:42:32 pm »
hahaha brilliant

when i hear someone in a cubicle on their phone i keep turning on the hand dryer to annoy them

another one i used to do was when the building was being cleaned in work , usually some women who plugs it in two floors below cos the hoover chord is about 4 miles long. i used to love taking the plug out and legging it. youd go up two floors and see them repeatedly tryna switch it on and back off or looking for a blockage
Ha ha ;D ;D ;D ;D :o

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: May 28, 2015, 04:48:45 pm »

Offline muyuu

• Google Groomer. reddit remain campaigner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Rafa - fact
« Reply #344 on: May 28, 2015, 05:25:45 pm »

They are indeed relatively close species.
"Chelsea have confirmed that their interim fans will leave the club when Roman Abramovich does"
-sinnermichael

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=303961.msg11432382#msg11432382

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #345 on: May 28, 2015, 05:37:03 pm »
Just went for a dump......someone was in another cubicle having a conversation on their phone with a fucking estate agent of all people.....

It was pure winding me up to the point I let out a massive guff, or epic proportions in both decibels reached and the duration of the disturbance it caused.

Gave me a fit of the giggles...whilst taking a shit...whilst some soft arse was trying to sell his house!

Hilarious ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Haha sounds like he was well and truly gazumped!

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: May 28, 2015, 10:00:37 pm »
I know it's probably been said a hundred times in here already but....

Work done, chores done, dinner done, washing up done, sat down in a clean, quiet house with a brew :)

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: May 29, 2015, 03:09:41 pm »
Met my new neighbours who live in the flat next to mine.... a middle-aged childless couple of aren't even here for half of the year as they own a place in Spain.

Not quite the 25-35 year old single female cat lover I was hoping for but not a bad second.

I was dreading it was going to be some horrible loud townie types.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #348 on: May 29, 2015, 03:11:19 pm »
Better  hope they aren't planning to rent it out.

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: May 29, 2015, 03:13:11 pm »
Haha, they aren't.  I didn't literally mean half the year.  They basically go over there for 4-6 weeks every two months or so (although I imagine they'll stay here for most of the winter season).

My mum does the same with her place abroad.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 03:15:38 pm by wampa1 »

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #350 on: May 29, 2015, 03:16:53 pm »
Haha, they aren't.  I didn't literally mean half the year.  They basically go over there for 4-6 weeks every two months or so (although I imagine they'll stay here for most of the winter season).

My mum does the same with her place abroad.

:thumbup

Yeah my friends dad and his wife do it. They have a place in Charlotte which they use during the winter, and then go upstate NY for the summer.

Online zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: May 30, 2015, 02:49:39 am »
Watching my little lad sleeping. Twelve more sleeps and your mother is going to roll over you like a small, localised hurricane.

Somehow before we got married I just knew she'd make a great mum (with no evidence at all that it would be the case). Come June 11th he has no idea what's going to hit him when she rolls into town.

Offline Lotus Eater

• "The first picture of you! The first picture of summer. See the flowers scream their joy!" Father of Water Melon Eater.
  • Kopite
  • Yer Ma wears army boots
« Reply #352 on: May 30, 2015, 05:15:47 pm »
When my 6 month baby boy chews on his big toe and looks at me as though to say:  "and what, like?...."
11 September 1999 - Slater Street. 2 beers, a packet of crisps and a truncheon please.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: May 30, 2015, 07:00:33 pm »
Watching my 4 yr old riding his bike without me holding on to him. Bit worrying how fast he's riding though

Jurgen YNWA

Offline Johnny B. Goode

• Currently flying solo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • What planet is Garrincha from?
« Reply #354 on: June 1, 2015, 03:07:40 pm »
Gravy

Finishing essays

Yorkshire pudding

When the bus arrives just as you get to the bus stop
'You put Pele face-to-face with me and I'll tell him: Pelé - you, me, any so-and-so...we can't deal with Garrincha, he's better than all of us.' Eusebio

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: June 1, 2015, 03:56:27 pm »
Squeezing tubes/bottles of things.....

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: June 1, 2015, 04:18:12 pm »
Squeezing tubes/bottles of things.....

Especially KY jelly ;D
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: June 1, 2015, 04:24:02 pm »
Especially KY jelly ;D
I wonder where that's going? :o

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #358 on: June 1, 2015, 06:20:14 pm »
smack
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: June 2, 2015, 11:50:39 am »
Thinking of new things to put in the "small things in life that annoy you" thread.