Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Why does Gomez never get a chance at CB?

God knows considering our best partnership was him and VVD.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Last post by JackWard33 on Today at 12:22:14 pm »
He just isn’t fit is he
There’s no other reason for him being subbed and benched so often
He’s had a fantastic season until the injury … not so much after .. what’s the obvious cause ?
You don’t not start him in league games behind massively inferior players because hes had a couple of less good showings, he’s clearly having his minutes managed
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Youth and Under 23 Thread
« Last post by BOBSCOUSE on Today at 12:22:10 pm »
There can be only one... for Wolves, while we go on to score four please
« Last post by Coolie High on Today at 12:21:49 pm »
So he is more of an attacking midfieder than a winger then?. Hmm would he be able to play out right as an inverted winger/forward ie Salahs role but with bit more pace than Harvey?

I think so in the same way Palmer does for Chelsea or Foden for City, he is more athletic than Elliott so think he will be better suited for that wide right role than Harvey is.

He would be perfect with a bit more pace but you can’t have it all, I can also see him eventually being a 8/10 in the way Odegaard is.
« Last post by Boston Bosox on Today at 12:21:41 pm »
Goal

Liverpool 0 Wolves 2
Emmanuel Airoboma ( OG ) 17'
Scary times for Darwin and the xGA x 90 x no pens = elite striker but we don’t even know it nerds.
Has that end of season feel. Team looks average enough. West Ham have been shite recently mind you so anything could happen.
May as well just sit back and try to enjoy. Would be nice to see bajcetic on at some stage.
I thought Diaz looked good coming from the right, Gakpo looks better on the left. Would've been nice to see here with Elliott in the middle.

Exactly. Diaz on the right stretches defences as he tries to run behind them to curl towards goal. On the left, Diaz cuts towards the middle in front of defenders.

Gakpo on the left is great at bringing holding the ball up and bringing Robertson and the mids into play before moving or passing.

But with no Jota, who do you put in the middle other than Gakpo? Gravenberch? And put Diaz on the right amd Elliot in midfield? I don't think Klopp will change his stripes THAT much. :)
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Liverpool's Midfield
« Last post by KC7 on Today at 12:20:08 pm »
I don't even think of Lavia now. Once we get a proper 6 in, we basically have everything we need.

100%. I think we are very close to being a truly top side.

What we have done this season with such a disjointed midfield (three 8s playing together, or two 8s and a slow 6 who then impacts the 8s who have to protect him), has been remarkable. We have been wide open in midfield throughout the season, providing inadequate protection for the back line, meaning giving away cheap goals and then having to constantly climb a mountain (which ultimately took its toil), so to finish with circa 80 points and a Cup is a great achievement.

A top class DM and then we will see the best of Dom, Mac (consistently), Jones and co. Likewise the forwards will get better/quicker service with the 8s not restricted or held back in having to stay close to (look after) the 6. The defence will then have someone infront of them providing much better protection, tracking runners from midfield, putting out fires (especially important for a high risk team that presses and leaves gaps on the counter).

The 6 is the easiest upgrade in the squad by a country mile. We do that, and just that alone, we look very very good.
« Last post by Boston Bosox on Today at 12:19:45 pm »
Goal

Liverpool 0 Wolves 1
Connor McLeod 12'
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10