Author Topic: Those chants  (Read 184314 times)

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Those chants
« Reply #720 on: February 14, 2023, 03:59:46 pm »
The MP tweet specifically referenced Murderers as an unacceptable chant. Saw a video from the Anny Rd last night clearly showing it being chanted.

Over you you MP.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #721 on: February 14, 2023, 04:07:26 pm »
The MP tweet specifically referenced Murderers as an unacceptable chant. Saw a video from the Anny Rd last night clearly showing it being chanted.

Over you you MP.

If it’s the one with the feller in a gimp suit, he should now be getting a visit from Merseyside Police. Clearly identifiable, quite clear what he is saying and his gestures.
As a comment said, as soon as Liverpool scored they come out with this stuff.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline semit5

• obsessed with faeces
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #722 on: February 14, 2023, 04:15:45 pm »
Hopefully things are about to change for the better if there’s finally going to be consequences for these sick chants. There’s a principle we should be allowed to sing our own non-offensive songs. Their response is not the Kop’s responsibility. It can’t be. They have to realise that being hit with a pea shooter doesn’t justify launching a nuclear weapon. Last night you’d have to ask the Kop not to sing ‘you haven’t won a trophy’ because of the sick chant they come back with. It only ends with THEM stopping. As long as we’re not crossing the line ourselves we can’t be expected to stop and think, what if they sing x, y or z. If we sang nothing all match they’d sing it anyway.

It’s not the most offensive song, but calling a fan base shite is poking an angry wasps nest, we have more than enough decent songs to sing which don’t provoke a retaliation response. It is a shit song IMO, and it just seems like a bit of a soccer AM chant, and like the poster above says, if it was a better song worth keeping I wouldn’t bother writing this.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #723 on: February 14, 2023, 05:01:39 pm »
It’s not the most offensive song, but calling a fan base shite is poking an angry wasps nest, we have more than enough decent songs to sing which don’t provoke a retaliation response. It is a shit song IMO, and it just seems like a bit of a soccer AM chant, and like the poster above says, if it was a better song worth keeping I wouldn’t bother writing this.

That chant does work in that context in the sense that Ferguson specifically told them to knock that shit on the head after the Hillsborough inquest came through. It winds them up but it should be sung in retaliation to the Sun was right (or always the victims) rather than goad them into it. It's a bit rich when they complain that it's goading them, as that's knowing their own tricks best.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #724 on: February 14, 2023, 05:02:35 pm »
Well I won’t labour the point and, on reflection, as there’s regulars in the ground who are obviously very negatively affected by their response, then yes there probably is an argument to not ‘poke the nest’. But whether it’s a shit chant or not though I think is irrelevant. It’s never, and never would, be sung to provoke that response. It’s sung usually in joy as they are being quiet when we’re winning. They really need to be able to take being poked without resorting to that. The Kop has always been very good at self-policing, so anything out of order gets shouted down immediately. Other sets of supporters need to follow suit.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #725 on: February 14, 2023, 07:02:26 pm »
What's all this shit about us provoking them into singing it ?

Chance would be a fine fucking thing considering the c*nts are singing it before ko and usually outside the ground.

So the provoking (both sides) shit needs knocking on the head right now.  :butt
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #726 on: February 14, 2023, 07:05:35 pm »
What's all this shit about us provoking them into singing it ?

Chance would be a fine fucking thing considering the c*nts are singing it before ko and usually outside the ground.

So the provoking (both sides) shit needs knocking on the head right now.  :butt

Spot on. I was up beside the c*nts when they were heading into Anfield last season. Zero provocation but all the usual vileness was spouted.

Online Speedy Molby

• Not as fat as his name suggests but is still a bad formby wool :)
  • Campaigns
  • Kopite
  • Satire? In Wigan?
« Reply #727 on: February 14, 2023, 08:33:18 pm »
The point is the Fergie chant prompts, not provokes, the sun song. As it’s a shit song anyway why not knock it on the head to reduce the pain of families and survivors? I repeat I agree with Red Mist’s general principle, but this song’s not worth it.
I am alone now. I am beyond recrimination. The curtains have shut, the furniture has gone. I am transforming. I am vibrating. I am glowing. I am flying. Look at me now.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #728 on: February 14, 2023, 08:38:29 pm »
Our mere existence is apparently provocation enough these days.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #729 on: February 14, 2023, 08:39:19 pm »
The point is the Fergie chant prompts, not provokes, the sun song. As it’s a shit song anyway why not knock it on the head to reduce the pain of families and survivors? I repeat I agree with Red Mist’s general principle, but this song’s not worth it.

I suppose the argument is they'll find some other song that they can say goads them in to it. I don't think stopping singing that song will stop their vile chants, they'll just have to find another 'excuse' for using it.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #730 on: February 14, 2023, 08:40:57 pm »
Again,they sing their shit before,after and when we're not even there.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #731 on: February 14, 2023, 08:51:15 pm »
And "Liv-er-pool" prompts a response of "mur-der-ers", we'll bin that off too sure.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #732 on: February 14, 2023, 08:51:35 pm »
Them chanting the sun was right, or murderers, or any other vile shite is fuck all to do with us. It's because they're complete and utter vermin. Nothing else.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online Speedy Molby

• Campaigns
  • Kopite
  • Satire? In Wigan?
« Reply #733 on: February 14, 2023, 08:52:41 pm »
But every single recital of it is painful for those directly involved. So if stopping the Fergie song reduces that pain, why not stop? Five renditions per match would be half as painful as ten.
I am alone now. I am beyond recrimination. The curtains have shut, the furniture has gone. I am transforming. I am vibrating. I am glowing. I am flying. Look at me now.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #734 on: February 14, 2023, 08:53:19 pm »
Again,they sing their shit before,after and when we're not even there.

Exactly they were filmed singing their filth in their season opener away to Brighton in August. We really need to stop making excuses for their disgusting behaviour. They own their behaviour not us.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #735 on: February 14, 2023, 08:53:50 pm »
And "Liv-er-pool" prompts a response of "mur-der-ers", we'll bin that off too sure.

Could make the argument that "Liv-er-pool" is incendiary and that we of all people should know better.

Online Speedy Molby

• Campaigns
  • Kopite
  • Satire? In Wigan?
« Reply #736 on: February 14, 2023, 08:59:20 pm »
No, that’s a worthwhile chant and that’s my point. Bin off a shit song that increases the frequency of their sun song.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #737 on: February 14, 2023, 09:03:08 pm »
No, that’s a worthwhile chant and that’s my point. Bin off a shit song that increases the frequency of their sun song.

No.

You're basically saying that we hold some responsibility for what other c*nts sing,just no & it's not like we have a catalogue of songs about other clubs.

Online Speedy Molby

• Campaigns
  • Kopite
  • Satire? In Wigan?
« Reply #738 on: February 14, 2023, 09:08:13 pm »
I’m really not. Can I ask where you were on 15th April 1989?

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #739 on: February 14, 2023, 09:10:42 pm »

I think we are going down the road of victim blaming though mate. They have absolutely no excuse for their behaviour.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Speedy Molby

• Campaigns
  • Kopite
  • Satire? In Wigan?
« Reply #740 on: February 14, 2023, 09:15:01 pm »
I think we are going down the road of victim blaming though mate. They have absolutely no excuse for their behaviour.
For the third time, when you’re directly involved every single rendition hurts. So stopping that shit Fergie song would reduce pain for families and survivors. I understand the principle, but we don’t live in an ideal world.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #741 on: February 14, 2023, 09:24:45 pm »
I’m really not. Can I ask where you were on 15th April 1989?

I know exactly where I was and how I first heard the news.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #742 on: February 14, 2023, 09:25:29 pm »
For the third time, when you’re directly involved every single rendition hurts. So stopping that shit Fergie song would reduce pain for families and survivors. I understand the principle, but we don’t live in an ideal world.

I am also a Hillsborough survivor and feel the hurt as well mate. We have differing opinions on how to deal with it.

For me, it has to be a zero-tolerance approach. There are no circumstances when it becomes acceptable to chant about disasters.

They sing the song for two reasons firstly because it hurts, and Secondly because they know they have been able to get away with it. Personally, I think it is the second thing that needs addressing. As a society, we have to make it completely socially unacceptable to sing and chant about disasters.

I know it is an emotive subject and deeply effects people so I will leave it there.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #743 on: February 14, 2023, 09:28:15 pm »
I just feel that there's nothing we could sing that would not get the usual sung back,nothing.

Online Speedy Molby

• Campaigns
  • Kopite
  • Satire? In Wigan?
« Reply #744 on: February 14, 2023, 09:31:46 pm »
I am also a Hillsborough survivor and feel the hurt as well mate. We have differing opinions on how to deal with it.

For me, it has to be a zero-tolerance approach. There are no circumstances when it becomes acceptable to chant about disasters.

They sing the song for two reasons firstly because it hurts, and Secondly because they know they have been able to get away with it. Personally, I think it is the second thing that needs addressing. As a society, we have to make it completely socially unacceptable to sing and chant about disasters.

I know it is an emotive subject and deeply effects people so I will leave it there.
I agree with all this, but why not stop singing some crap song that leads to increased pain?

Online Speedy Molby

• Campaigns
  • Kopite
  • Satire? In Wigan?
« Reply #745 on: February 14, 2023, 09:32:37 pm »

I know exactly where I was and how I first heard the news.
I didn’t hear the news.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #746 on: February 14, 2023, 09:42:10 pm »
I didn’t hear the news.

And I get that mate.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #747 on: February 14, 2023, 09:43:34 pm »
I agree with all this, but why not stop singing some crap song that leads to increased pain?

I think we will have to tell our players to stop scoring against United as well. That also increases the prevalence of sick chants about Hillsborough as well.

Singing a song that references Ferguson complaining about the atmosphere at a United game against Birmingham in 2008 does not give United fans an excuse to sing a sick chant about a football disaster in which 97 people died. There is no equivalence whatsoever.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #748 on: February 14, 2023, 09:44:13 pm »

Because the song is irrelevant,they sing it when we're not there,they sing it before we sign & they sing it no matter what we sing.

Online Speedy Molby

• Campaigns
  • Kopite
  • Satire? In Wigan?
« Reply #749 on: February 14, 2023, 09:52:18 pm »
I think we will have to tell our players to stop scoring against United as well. That also increases the prevalence of sick chants about Hillsborough as well.

Singing a song that references Ferguson complaining about the atmosphere at a United game against Birmingham in 2008 does not give United fans an excuse to sing a sick chant about a football disaster in which 97 people died. There is no equivalence whatsoever.
You seem not to have read my posts.

Online Speedy Molby

• Campaigns
  • Kopite
  • Satire? In Wigan?
« Reply #750 on: February 14, 2023, 09:53:42 pm »
Because the song is irrelevant,they sing it when we're not there,they sing it before we sign & they sing it no matter what we sing.
Because it leads to incresed frequency of it.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #751 on: February 14, 2023, 10:03:36 pm »
SM’s point is that now they ALWAYS sing it in response. It’s a valid point to make. But I think why I disagree is that it wasn’t always the case. The first few games we sang Fergie’s right, they had no reply. It pissed them off, so that as we know they went away and invented a song to the same tune that is so bad they hoped by singing it we’d stop singing ours. I think if we stop they just do it even more as they somehow think they’ve ‘won’. The only way, I agree with Al, is to get it stopped by it being unacceptable, with consequences (which I know you also agree with SM)

Online Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #752 on: February 14, 2023, 10:06:45 pm »
They're basically the equivalent of the kid in the playground who gets gently ribbed about their ugly jumper and snaps back with "well at least my mum isn't dead!" They're deeply insecure and unhappy in themselves. Imagine every time they sang 'Where's your famous atmosphere' we hit back with a Munich song. That's how absurd it is.

I get both sides of the argument here but they will adapt any of our songs to be as vicious as possible. 'Fergie's Right' becomes a Hillsborough song, 'We Won It Five Times' becomes a Heysel song, 'You'll Never Walk Alone' becomes a poverty song. It won't end because it's part of their fan culture to be hateful and obnoxious. I was watching their game against Palace earlier this season and they spent half the game singing about Eric Cantona...because he karate kicked one of their fans in 1995.

They're horrible. Something in the Mancunian psyche makes them spiteful, lacking in generosity and crippled by an inferiority complex. If we stop teasing them about their fans being shite, they might stop using that particular tune to sing about Hillsborough but they'll find some way of adapting another song. Or maybe their neighbours could lend them their song about Sean Cox instead.

Until it gets relentlessly highlighted and shamed, and their fans get ejected from stadia, then nothing will stop it. But I do get why ditching one particular song to stop the pain temporarily is tempting.
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #753 on: February 14, 2023, 10:21:44 pm »
You seem not to have read my posts.

I have mate. I just disagree.

It is just false equivalence. Did wolf-whistling females become socially unacceptable because women dressed more conservatively or because we actually tackled the issue of discrimination?

Decades ago misogynists excused their appalling behaviour by blaming women for prompting their outbursts.

The Hillsborough families and survivors showed unbelievable dignity and composure through decades of challenges. Through legal challenges and a truly stoic campaign, we righted huge wrongs. Now the vast majority of people know the truth and the campaign has been vindicated completely.

However, I don't think we can use the same tactics on the tiny minority who wilfully disregard the overwhelming evidence and choose to deliberately inflict further pain. We need a zero-tolerance approach and need to call them out and stop making excuses for them.

We need to draw a line in the sand and make it crystal clear that there are no excuses for vile chants about disasters.   

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Speedy Molby

• Campaigns
  • Kopite
  • Satire? In Wigan?
« Reply #754 on: February 14, 2023, 10:24:43 pm »
I haven’t been to a United game since the 2016 Europa first leg. Earlier that day I’d done an interview with Channel 4 news, in Stanley Park, that was broadcast on the night of the Warrington inquest verdicts. The jury was about to go out. I went to the match and after we scored after about 20 minutes, all their fans sang was Hillsborough abuse. And they had the whole Annie Road. We won, but I went home feeling sick. I’m trying to impress on people that the frequency and the volume of this abuse is distressing, not just its existence.. And now, when I hear the Fergie song on telly, my heart sinks as I know what’s coming next.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #755 on: February 14, 2023, 10:33:46 pm »
I haven’t been to a United game since the 2016 Europa first leg. Earlier that day I’d done an interview with Channel 4 news, in Stanley Park, that was broadcast on the night of the Warrington inquest verdicts. The jury was about to go out. I went to the match and after we scored after about 20 minutes, all their fans sang was Hillsborough abuse. And they had the whole Annie Road. We won, but I went home feeling sick. I’m trying to impress on people that the frequency and the volume of this abuse is distressing, not just its existence.. And now, when I hear the Fergie song on telly, my heart sinks as I know what’s coming next.

The only way it stops is if we make it totally unacceptable.

As you say scoring against them makes it worse. So what do we do stop scoring against them. It is their problem, not ours and we shouldn't be accepting any blame whatsoever for it happening. It isn't Banter or Bantz it is pure and unadulterated hatred.

The only thing that will stop it is educating their fans to understand that is totally unacceptable. Look at the way that Klopp completely and unequivocally condemned the homophobic chanting from a section of our fanbase.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Speedy Molby

• Campaigns
  • Kopite
  • Satire? In Wigan?
« Reply #756 on: February 14, 2023, 10:49:36 pm »
The only way it stops is if we make it totally unacceptable.

As you say scoring against them makes it worse. So what do we do stop scoring against them. It is their problem, not ours and we shouldn't be accepting any blame whatsoever for it happening. It isn't Banter or Bantz it is pure and unadulterated hatred.

The only thing that will stop it is educating their fans to understand that is totally unacceptable. Look at the way that Klopp completely and unequivocally condemned the homophobic chanting from a section of our fanbase.
Al, you’re mixing a general opinion, which I agree with, with a specific point that’s saying ‘we shouldn’t stop singing the Fergie song even though it leads to causing pain to the families’. It’s a shit song, just bin it.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #757 on: February 14, 2023, 10:52:57 pm »
^Koplass, that’s a great post. I said ages ago that their chants are playground level. About getting the last word, about twisting ours, with nothing off limits.

They’ll debase themselves without a second thought. Most people with a brain know what the sun is and what it stands for, but these pricks lead with it in one of their ditties. Imagine being so lacking in self awareness that you promote a paper that has been identified as a corrupt, law breaking peddler of lies, just to to get the feeling that you’ve got one over on them scouse bastards.

Beneath contempt. By the way, I know some decent utd fans that cringe about all of this. I’ve also met some shameless dickheads that have embarrassed themselves with their anti-scouse bigotry.

Offline storkfoot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #758 on: February 14, 2023, 11:26:01 pm »
MerPol Liverpool FC
@MerPolLFC
·
6h
Just to be 100% clear. Any chants in relation to 'murderers' or 'always the victim' are football tragedy related and totally unacceptable. Behind them are people who have suffered unimaginable pain. Were possible, positive police and stewarding action will be taken.  @LFCHelp

I sit in the Kemlyn towards the Anfield Road, so I see and hear the away fans a lot. Last night at the derby, I was engaged in the game so wasn’t specifically keeping an eye on what the Evertonians were doing. I heard them singing in the first half but not in the second. I did see a few (nowhere near as many as in recent years) pushing imaginary fences. I also noted small groups of, say, three Police ( pretty certain they were Police and not stewards) going in to the areas were the fence pushers were. I didn’t see anyone being dragged out but I do get the sense that the club is taking proactive action as to what is being sung, or happening, in our away section. That is not the first recent home game where I have seen seen this happening either.

On the other side of the coin, when several of our supporters disgraced themselves at Man City, by throwing stuff into the Man City fans below, I don’t recall seeing any stewards in the away support.

Offline Justin Siderbox

• Ben L. T. Given.
  • Anny Roader
  • Believer
« Reply #759 on: February 14, 2023, 11:58:08 pm »
Been watching this thread since the League Cup game against City pre Christmas. 

That night there were songs sung by sections of our fans that I have NEVER heard at Anfield and I'm a Kop ST holder of over 35+ years.  There was at least 3 different versions of songs about Harold Shipman and him killing Mancs/Manc families.  Sadly it seemed the majority of fans around me knew them too and were more than happy joining in.  The fact so many knew them suggests they've been aired many times before.  It wasn't an isolated dickhead disgracing himself.

Yes, City fans sang the sickening Victims/Murderers chants, but there is no excuse retaliating like that.  Add to that the glasses and smoke grenade being thrown from the upper tiers.  It was disgusting behavior all round and a real low point following the club over all those years.

Before anyone says "why didn't you report them", there were simply too many singing it.  It was the first domestic away game I've had a ticket for in years, I was on Level 3, Block 318.  If that's how sections of our away support behave, it's little wonder we get things sung about us both at Anfield and on our travels.

Until the rats singing shit like that are weeded out of our fanbase, we have no position to demand better from any other club.
"It's our job that they can forget their problems for 90 minutes and then they can talk about the game, about the next game and that's how I want to live"

Jurgen Klopp
9th October 2015