Author Topic: Peter Crouch - "Freak"  (Read 10454 times)

Offline redannie

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Peter Crouch - "Freak"
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2009, 12:19:00 pm »
Fuckin hell.

What's the match coming too.

Liverpool fans have sung worse, and will sing worse again.

Silly me of course that makes it all right then 2 wrongs etc

As for the fatuous comments about ginger hair those who are sensitive about it usually dye it

Sorry youngsters I was brought up on Morecambe and Wise and find their silly brand of humour much funnier.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 12:20:45 pm by redannie »

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2009, 12:35:54 pm »
As for the fatuous comments about ginger hair those who are sensitive about it usually dye it

;)

My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Pilchard

• Kopite
  • Bring back the 'friendly' derbies
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2009, 12:41:03 pm »
Theres always going to be people who dont like certain chants and put downs. There are some I find offensive, there are others that I dont which others might.

Its human nature, but if we start to police every thing that is said the grounds will become a sterile place watched over by stewards and coppers who will have nothing better to do than arrest you for verbal abuse, that may not even be abusive.

Some people think the Lescott song is funny, others disagree, but do we really want somebody to have the power to tell us whats correct and what isnt? Who will make the decision over what is more insulting, Elephant man or Fat Purple Aki?

Hands up anybody who has heard something thats made them chuckle, then said, "Oh thats terrible isnt it?" while still laughing. :wave

We all know where we are going when we enter a footy ground. Lets not act surprised when we hear wit, humor and passion being thrown around. You dont have to like it, you can even mention it to the originator if you have the bottle, but dont try and get it banned because somebody has the morals and integrity of Chubby Brown mixed with Johnathon Ross.

I personally cringe when I hear the Munich song. But should it be banned or should the people singing it grow up? I sung it as a youngster and thought it was brill. Now Im older and wiser but there is a new generation of kids that dont have my maturity.  I dont like to hear it, but at least I know that when I go to a Manc hatefest there is a good chance it will get aired. Ban it and you have to make the decision what song will be next on the list. Can we sing about John Terrys mum and expect SGs family not to get a mention.

These songs are crude and pathetic, but who would be better off if they werent sung?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 12:44:46 pm by Pilchard »
Scouse Separatist

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2009, 12:41:23 pm »
Berbatov was roundly booed last night apparently to the amusement of some of our fans today. I can still remember the piss taking after us and Lucas.

Glass houses and all that...
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline E2K

• A seriously talented
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2009, 12:48:27 pm »
I find it boring more than anything. Like Arsenal’s “hoof” chant. I listened to them the other night thinking “Do they ever get bored of it? Do they ever get sick to the back teeth of chanting the same bollocks in every game? Do they ever decide, no, you know what, this is boring, chanting hoof every time passes the ball more than five yards. We should at least change it up once in a fucking while.”

Same with the Crouch “freak” chants. It seems to have escaped the attention of these people that he isn’t actually a freak, he’s just tall and skinny. Mind you, that doesn’t stop us calling Fat Frank Lampard fat even though he isn’t. The key thing with us, though, is that we have way more than one chant. Usually we’re too busy singing “fuck off Chelsea F.C.” or songs about our own team to bother. He might get a few chants directed at him during the game. But it isn’t constant like it is with Crouch. If it was, I’d be a bit annoyed at us, to be honest.

Extremely boring to listen to. And I feel bad for Crouchy on the basis that he was probably given a horrible time growing up. But console yourself with the fact that, as they shout themselves hoarse chanting “freak,” he’s probably thinking “Heh heh heh, I could buy and sell you fuckers. I could crush each and every one of you with my wallet. I go to bed every night with a model (albeit a fucking annoying one – E2K). So chant freak all you want. I couldn’t give two fucks.”

Like water off a freak’s back, you might say?
Twitter: @e2klassic
Blog: theredstar.home.blog

Offline wah00ey

• Gappy Gumbo, especially at the back.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay away from Twitter, it's no good for anyone.
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2009, 12:58:23 pm »
But he is a freak, no?:

From Wikipedia, "In contemporary usage, the word "freak" is commonly used to refer to a person with something unusual about their appearance or behaviour."
Look up "Odious" in the dictionary and Martin Samuel is the given definition.  Call me Klopphooey please.

Offline ben

• Legacy Fan
  • dont you know who i think i am?
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2009, 01:05:40 pm »
i'm sure he'll get over it with his 60k a week, model girlfriend and england career.

hoonin

« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2009, 01:14:51 pm »
Do you not see the hypocrisy in talking about songs Utd sing about Crouch, but calling them scum in the same breath?