Author Topic: Leicester City Vs Liverpool Pre-Match Saturday 23rd September 17:30  (Read 53702 times)

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Leicester City Vs Liverpool Pre-Match Saturday 23rd September 17:30
« Reply #240 on: September 21, 2017, 02:13:25 pm »
Expect the same score as the game on Tuesday.

Yep, 1-3 away win, like the Norwich game was.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: September 21, 2017, 02:18:35 pm »
I honestly don't know how people are remaining so positive, its really fantastic to see.
Amazing isn't it?

Like everyone who just has Internet can go to Squawaka and view both Lovren's and Matip's injury records and be worried that we entered the season with two players who are, not only not that good enough, but also not fit enough to play in different competitions, and our other options are mediocre to say the least.

Yet, somehow, the club, didn't see that coming, and decided to go into the season with just 3 senior central defenders and one young player who will deputize at CB and RB because our senior RB is also out till December (an injury whom we know about back in July) but we didn't move to buy either a CB or a RB and had this mentality of buying Van Dijk or no one at all, despite seeing good defenders moving on the market for very reasonable prices.

I just wonder, what if, God forbid, Van Dijk, gets hit by a car and is out. We'll never buy a center back again or something?
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #242 on: September 21, 2017, 02:18:37 pm »
I think we will win this game, usually how it goes when literally everything is going against you.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: September 21, 2017, 02:20:34 pm »
I don't think Matip and Lovren are a huge miss. We scouted the entire planet and watched them 500 million times. I think our backups should be sufficient if that's the case.

Seriously though who gives a fuck who's in defense, we can't defend regardless :lmao

Just go out there and score three or four which we can do

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: September 21, 2017, 02:27:24 pm »
Jaysus this could be a, ahem, fun game to watch. I can see a back 4 of TAA, Klavan, Gomez and Moreno if that is the case, I'd play Coutinho, Sturridge, Firmino, Salah, Ox and Solanke as the other 6 - just go for it, never mind Henderson or Can or Gini sitting a bit, go for the throat, bit of craic

Offline David Struhme

• Kopite
« Reply #245 on: September 21, 2017, 02:30:35 pm »
Masterson  ;D

Has he been training with the first team or still in u23s?

Offline JG6

• Anny Roader
« Reply #246 on: September 21, 2017, 02:31:49 pm »
Get our best attackers on the pitch and pray they've got their shooting boots on. We'll concede at least 2 but fill the attack with our best players and hopefully we can get one more than they do.

Heavy metal football, ladies and gents.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #247 on: September 21, 2017, 02:33:42 pm »

What would you suggest we do at this stage Y2J?

Genuinely. To resolve the issue that we didn't sign a CB in the summer. What would you suggest we do at this point of the season?

Whinge?

Cool.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #248 on: September 21, 2017, 02:40:29 pm »
Amazing isn't it?

Like everyone who just has Internet can go to Squawaka and view both Lovren's and Matip's injury records and be worried that we entered the season with two players who are, not only not that good enough, but also not fit enough to play in different competitions, and our other options are mediocre to say the least.

Yet, somehow, the club, didn't see that coming, and decided to go into the season with just 3 senior central defenders and one young player who will deputize at CB and RB because our senior RB is also out till December (an injury whom we know about back in July) but we didn't move to buy either a CB or a RB and had this mentality of buying Van Dijk or no one at all, despite seeing good defenders moving on the market for very reasonable prices.

I just wonder, what if, God forbid, Van Dijk, gets hit by a car and is out. We'll never buy a center back again or something?

I was furious and perplexed we didn't buy a centre back and went into the season with this group

BUT

We're in the season now.
We are quite literally where we are until at least January and I think we need to move on

Can we all agree we fucked up royally and just not discuss it any more and hope for improvement from our defenders on the pitch?

(and I'm posting this as someone who suspects none of them bar Clyne are good enough .... and who lost it about our defending recently and probably will again if its poor... I just think continually pointing out we don't have good centre backs and didn't address it in the summer is getting pretty futile)

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #249 on: September 21, 2017, 02:45:01 pm »
You couldn't write it.

Our most reliable pairing at the back are injured.

Utter lunacy that there aren't five better defenders out there.

No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Rick Sanchez

• Main Stander
« Reply #250 on: September 21, 2017, 02:45:47 pm »
Paul Joyce - Matip, Lovren & Emre Can all have knocks.
Ragnar and Gomez at center back against Okazki and Vardy  :-X

This is going to be grim

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: September 21, 2017, 02:46:42 pm »
You couldn't write it.

Our most reliable pairing at the back are injured.

Utter lunacy that there aren't five better defenders out there.

There are. We can't sign them til January. We made a mistake. Nothing else to say is there?

Bottom line is Liecester will have to play against Salah, Firmino, Sturridge and Coutinho (or 3 from 4) - let's focus on that its more fun

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: September 21, 2017, 02:48:45 pm »
I honestly don't know how people are remaining so positive, its really fantastic to see.

So what shoukd we do, whinge along with you, slit our wrists?? On top of all of the shit in life, Im supposed to whinge on here and be depressed about the state of this club??? Fuck that. Whinge all you want.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: September 21, 2017, 02:49:11 pm »
At least the moaning and whinging and moaning and griping and whinging will stop on October 1st when the mid-mid season transfer window opens  :wave
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline edge

• hill, getting off at...with a dijk still hard...
  • Legacy Fan
  • allright, then..
« Reply #254 on: September 21, 2017, 02:52:10 pm »
Vardy, Ilovenachos and Mahrez vs Klavan doesn't fill me up with confidence.

Salah, Bobby, Studge and Phil on the other hand.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 02:55:21 pm by edge »

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: September 21, 2017, 02:58:11 pm »
2 senior CB's look to be injured. We said this in pre-season and it has actually happened within the first two months. Urgently needed to strengthen that position and it is now obvious negligence.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: September 21, 2017, 03:01:09 pm »
What would you suggest we do at this stage Y2J?

Genuinely. To resolve the issue that we didn't sign a CB in the summer. What would you suggest we do at this point of the season?

Whinge?

Cool.
It is out of my hands what we do to fix this mistake, but first thing is change the approach and the system of how we play.

Late last season, Klopp changed our approach to be more of a patient one and invite pressure on us before hitting teams on the counter. It worked with some teams, like against Watford, WBA & West Ham, we got lucky in other games like against Stoke but didn't work at home games like against Palace & Southampton.

The main thing is that without someone who can break the play of opposition, and without good defenders, we can't keep playing the way we're playing right now. Good teams carve us open anyway, and inferior teams sit back and target us with long balls and play on the second ball and it is exactly what I expect Leicester to do on Saturday with Okazaki or Slimani playing on Gomez and Vardy and Mahrez getting the flick ons.

Something must change regarding the way we defend anyway, Klopp said he is sick of conceding the type of goals we do, and even though we don't allow too many shots on our goal, the ones we do, are clear cut chances for the opposition, I really hope we change our approach/system/formation etc. to prevent this from happening.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: September 21, 2017, 03:01:37 pm »
Of course, their is always the possibility that Lovren, Matip and Can will play. The way I read Klopp's comments I'd be confident Matip and Can will play, while Lovren appears likely to miss out

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: September 21, 2017, 03:01:42 pm »
By the way.. just before I duck out again and leave people to their angst...

Here's what we've done this season as a whole

P9 W4 D3 L2

Of the 2 losses one was after a red card away at City. The other was a makeshift side in the first round proper of the league cup. Can't see how either is that significant a commentary on where we are as a team - but you may feel differently I guess.
We've beaten a top 4 rival 4-0
Qualified for the champions league proper in a group we're very likely to get out of
We've done it without 3 first team starters (clyne, lallana and coutinho... and now Mane I guess)
We've dominated every game we've played bar City including some scintillating attacking football

I'm not saying everything is rosy or their aren't problems but that's life in the big city kids - supporting a football team isn't all peaches and cream. At least you don't support the Ev.

As I posted last night - never seen a bigger gap between a negative fan reaction and reality on the pitch ..maybe going back to us getting booed under Rafa for going top of the league...its actually a bit bizarre
It's fine to criticise and its fine to find fault with substandard play and I think we can all agree we should have signed a centre back ... but to be all consumingly negative at this stage of the season (ITS SEPTEMBER) when we've got such good players and such a good coach who are both have and are going to produce some great attacking football this season ... some of which will be in the champions league is a colossal over reaction
So you can focus on how doomed we are because we didn't do everything you wanted in the summer or haven't won every game this season or focus on the positives of this team and coach.....go and watch a rerun of the Arsenal game it was only 3 weeks ago....
I dunno if you're not finding any joy in it or can't support during an iffy patch then following football may not be for you because its only going to bring you pain

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #259 on: September 21, 2017, 03:10:53 pm »
They'll come into this licking their lips and we'll stuff them. 4-1 to us.

As long as we score first.  ;D

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #260 on: September 21, 2017, 03:15:51 pm »
Some would say unlucky and others would say poor finishing.  Only Mane and sturridge are really clinical in front of goal in our team.  The rest seem to miss  a lot of chances.  That's nothing to do with luck.

Our record at Leicester isn't that great.  Even when they were playing poor last season they still beat us 3-1 and the season before that they beat us 2-0.  So i can see why some would be worried.
Almost all our attacking players (bar Sturridge) exceeded their expected goals metric last season. Gini, Lallana, Mane, Coutinho, Firmino- they all put away around half of their big chances.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: September 21, 2017, 03:21:29 pm »

P9 W4 D3 L2

Of the 2 losses one was after a red card away at City. The other was a makeshift side in the first round proper of the league cup. Can't see how either is that significant a commentary on where we are as a team - but you may feel differently I guess.
Qualified for the champions league proper in a group we're very likely to get out of
We've done it without 3 first team starters (clyne, lallana and coutinho... and now Mane I guess)
We've dominated every game we've played bar City including some scintillating attacking football

I'm not saying everything is rosy or their aren't problems but that's life in the big city kids - supporting a football team isn't all peaches and cream. At least you don't support the Ev.

As I posted last night - never seen a bigger gap between a negative fan reaction and reality on the pitch ..maybe going back to us getting booed under Rafa for going top of the league...its actually a bit bizarre
It's fine to criticise and its fine to find fault with substandard play and I think we can all agree we should have signed a centre back ... but to be all consumingly negative at this stage of the season (ITS SEPTEMBER) when we've got such good players and such a good coach who are both have and are going to produce some great attacking football this season ... some of which will be in the champions league is a colossal over reaction
So you can focus on how doomed we are because we didn't do everything you wanted in the summer or haven't won every game this season or focus on the positives of this team and coach.....go and watch a rerun of the Arsenal game it was only 3 weeks ago....
I dunno if you're not finding any joy in it or can't support during an iffy patch then following football may not be for you because its only going to bring you pain

I agree in parts with this. But also, compare this with the first full season he was in charge. Around September time, we were saying 'Let's not judge too soon' and then there were comments like 'he'll win a trophy this season, if not then definitely next season, maybe even the PL". Well that season is now, and people are going into the season with higher expectations than losing 6-0 in the manner we did and then bowing out of a domestic cup tie where our youngsters could develop in for the year (Ings, Grujic?). People are expecting us to be successful this season, whether justified or not, purely because they feel Klopp has been able to develop a squad he should deliver with. But then after the comical summer transfer window, without getting a CB, and now this injury crisis early on in the season, people are right to be up in smokes a bit because our weakness shows. A weakness we've had since Rafa's days. Yet we've only spent £4m on centre-backs in the last four transfer windows. So whilst people are expecting a lot from this being a season under Klopp where he's got to bring in some players (Salah) that help his system, he's also failed to address the defensive issues. And look at us at City. Look at the other goals we've conceded, against Burnley, Sevilla, Watford, every game this season... It's been a recurring theme and so people are right to be a bit concerned about the way it's going so far.

It is still September, as you say, and I've never judged us or made predictions for the rest of the season based on a set of results and a sample size so small. But I understand the concerns people have right now, because we as a fanbase expect something from the squad this season and it's been disappointing to lose the points we have so far this season.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #262 on: September 21, 2017, 03:23:15 pm »
Ragnar and Gomez at center back against Okazki and Vardy  :-X

This is going to be grim

Christ, that does look grim.

It took Leicester and Okazaki their first serious attack of the game and they scored on Tuesday. I know we can't do anything about it now no matter how many times we repeat it, but not buying any CB's this last transfer window could be one of the biggest fuck-ups we've made regarding transfers in a long, long time.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #263 on: September 21, 2017, 03:23:19 pm »
Amazing isn't it?

Interesting you mention injury records. If you exclude last season, neither profiles as particularly injury prone.

I mean all players get injuries, and they do tend to bunch together as clubs (stupidly) rush players back only to see their lack of fitness result in another injury. Matip, for example has played 3 seasons where he has missed only 1 game, at most, with injury. Lovren has had 4 seasons in his career where he has missed 6 or fewer games due to injury in a season.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #264 on: September 21, 2017, 03:29:37 pm »
Interesting you mention injury records. If you exclude last season, neither profiles as particularly injury prone.

I mean all players get injuries, and they do tend to bunch together as clubs (stupidly) rush players back only to see their lack of fitness result in another injury. Matip, for example has played 3 seasons where he has missed only 1 game, at most, with injury. Lovren has had 4 seasons in his career where he has missed 6 or fewer games due to injury in a season.

How many games has Lovren missed for us because of injury.

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: September 21, 2017, 03:30:21 pm »
Good points Jack, not everything is doom and gloom.  But equally there are some worrying signs.

I want to see Klopp tinker with his approach to help our weaknesses.  Ultimately yes we might need Keita to really enhance our CM or VVD to improve the personnel at CB.  But there are plenty of other ways for us to improve without new additions.

Klopp has shown a willingness to change his formation, tactics and approach to help get the best out of the team.  This is what I want to see again.

If we had all our player fit, our attack was firing - scoring so many goals to papering over our defence, like the beginning of last season, then I would have no problem with our current tactics.  However with no Lallana or Mane, our attack not really sparkling yet (bar Arsenal) - I would like to see us maybe try and focus a little more of the defence.  At the moment it looks like we need to score 2,3+ goals to win a game of football.  The end of last season when we had a poor run of form, the side really missing Mane, Klopp made us tough to beat, more dogged and we saw some clean sheets in some tough away from home games - West Brom & Watford being two. 

Leciester have a good record against us.  Vardy thrives on the space we give him on the counter attack.  We know what their game plan is. 

So instead of playing the way we always play which hasn't had much success recently and team have exploited.  Would it not make sense to maybe play two CMs protecting the back four being disciplined, rather than one?  Maybe tell the full backs to pivot, when one attacks the other stays back and vice versa.  Thus reduce that space for Vardy down the channels.  Maybe don't push up the pitch quite so much.  Giving our back four more protection.  Making us tougher to beat and then maybe only one goal will be good enough to win games rather than needing more.

We might have less shots on goals, we might have less possession, we might have less threat in general.  But we should be tougher to beat and when your side still has Salah, Coutinho, Firmino etc we should still get chances even if we are more defensive and pragmatic.  Actually they might get better chances as drawing Leicester on to us more could give our attack more space to hurt them.

I'm not advocating playing this way all the time.  When Mane, Lallana etc are back and firing - then go back to what we're good at.  We should fancy ourselves to out score the opposition.  But given our injuries, suspensions, form and who we are playing - I'd like to see us be more disciplined, less naïve defensively, more dogged, maybe a more ugly brand of football.  It could be more effective, like it was at the end of last season.

I'd go:

Mignolet

Gomez Matip Lovren* Robertson

Henderson Can

Salah Firmino Coutinho

Solanke

Play our best defensive RB who is available.  That's Gomez, he also offers more height for set plays over TAA.

Don't really care who is at CB partnering Matip (if fit). 

Play our best defensive LB - for me that's Robertson.  Although wouldn't be too upset if Moreno starts as he's done better this season, so far on the whole.

Have two CMs who's main role is to protect the defence and merely feed the front four.  Don't want them bursting in the oppositions box and trying to win us games, let the front four do that.  Their job is to control the match, supply the front four with playing of possession and protect the back four by being disciplined.   The Henderson / Can partnership got criticised heavily in the past, but I personally quite liked it.  Even remember when we played Man City in the league cup final we had 60% possession with those two in CM together.  It was our attacking players who didn't deliver that day for me. 

Play our best player who can hold up the ball - that looks like Solanke to me.  He's also a bigger goal threat than Sturridge from what we've seen since pre season.

Cut out the confusion.  If the opposition full back goes forward, then Salah or Coutinho go back and track him.  Don't leave it for one of the midfielders to shift over, like we're seeing often in this 4-3-3 formation, which creates gaps elsewhere to be exposed.

We all want to see fluid free flowing football.  If we had Keita, VVD, Mane fit & Lallana fit - then it could no doubt work.  But we don't have that. 

I want three points.  I don't want to see us leave those huge gaps for Vardy to exploit.  Let's at least reduce the chances of that happening and give ourselves a much better chance of not conceding.  If not, then I fear we're going to have to score 2 or 3+ goals to win this.  We're capable of doing so, but I'd rather see us be more solid defensively to help our chances.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #266 on: September 21, 2017, 03:30:45 pm »
So who we putting in defence then?
I love this quote and headline by the way.

The experts (Medical staff, Klopp) with 100% of the information is unsure.

The headline is certain they will miss it. Our reactions are to the fact they are certain to miss it.

I would say that it reflects on the stupidity of society today that we read headlines and react to them as facts rather than actually delve deeper into the content itself to separate out facts from opinions - but it would just get lost on people doubled over, hyperventilating into paper bags.

As with most strikers, if you cut off service, they are largely useless. Benteke touched the ball maybe 5 times against us for Palace. That is what we need from the game. Pin them in their own half, lay siege to their goal and don't let them out.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #267 on: September 21, 2017, 03:32:15 pm »

P9 W4 D3 L2

:wellin
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #268 on: September 21, 2017, 03:33:53 pm »
How many games has Lovren missed for us because of injury.

Last season in the league 4, missed 2 due to rotation and was on the bench a few others. And his injuries were impact injuries (eg. eye injury) rather than anything that would be considered a recurring injury prone injury.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #269 on: September 21, 2017, 03:35:44 pm »
Last season in the league 4, missed 2 due to rotation and was on the bench a few others. And his injuries were impact injuries (eg. eye injury) rather than anything that would be considered a recurring injury prone injury.

So not too many games ok.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: September 21, 2017, 03:42:09 pm »

That's true yeah, but then again you have to take into account  the Premier League Factor. I mean, football is football at all levels, intense, physical, demanding. But its a fairly accepted concept that the Premier League is that much more demanding/physical  ompared to the leagues Matip and Lovren came from.

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #271 on: September 21, 2017, 03:43:06 pm »
I think it's a real shame that Lovren is likely to miss the game as I was really looking forward to moaning about his performance after the match ....But Klavan is fit so every cloud  ;)

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: September 21, 2017, 03:45:10 pm »
I think it's a real shame that Lovren is likely to miss the game as I was really looking forward to moaning about his performance after the match ....But Klavan is fit so every cloud  ;)

haha yeah. I mean, it's great having a bit of competition between centre backs, but they are taking the piss

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: September 21, 2017, 03:47:08 pm »
You've changed your tune. You were moaning how thin the squad was during the transfer window.

Do you recognise the difference between wanting a bigger squad in august when something could be done about it and wanting a bigger squad in september when nothing can be done about it?

Besides, Jack is right. This team is going to play some amazing attacking football this year and dominates 99% of the games it has, and will, play. The whingeing is just stupid entitlement at this stage.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: September 21, 2017, 03:50:42 pm »
But there are plenty of other ways for us to improve without new additions.

I know its a bit of a throwaway line, but this sort of thing really annoys me.

We've got a world class manager/coach, who we pay millions of pounds every year. And yet we get this sort of nonsense, as if he's sat there with this really clear solutions that someone on a forum can see but he cant...? If there are really easy solutions that people on RAWK can see but he can't, which would improve the team and improve results, I'd suggest we're probably putting our faith in the wrong guy.

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #275 on: September 21, 2017, 03:52:06 pm »
It's rare that a game could potentially change the mood so drastically.

Win and we could be back in the top 4 and set up nicely for a Champions League match where we could beat our biggest threats to qualification.

Lose and the hysteria will grow to unbearable levels.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #276 on: September 21, 2017, 03:52:33 pm »
I would say that it reflects on the stupidity of society today that we read headlines and react to them as facts rather than actually delve deeper into the content itself to separate out facts from opinions - but it would just get lost on people doubled over, hyperventilating into pAs with most strikers, if you cut off service, they are largely useless. Benteke touched the ball maybe 5 times against us for Palace. That is what we need from the game. Pin them in their own half, lay siege to their goal and don't let them out.

Great idea in theory, but you should know better. That's not really going to happen all game now is it? We're playing Leicester City on their ground, not Kidderminster Harriers. We had them pinned back on Tuesday as well until they went and scored from almost their first attack of the game in the second half. With Vardy and a few other first team players available, they might not even have to wait until the second half to have a go at us. How many teams have we pinned back this season only to concede from an opponent's first or second shot on target?

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #277 on: September 21, 2017, 03:53:14 pm »
I would have thought that's exactly the season we shouldn't be excluding.

I'm not massively arsed if Matip never missed a game for Schalke. He missed the of our busiest period last year.

In fairness that wasn't through injury. It was because of the Cameroonian FA and FIFA being f*cktards.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: September 21, 2017, 03:59:30 pm »
I remember the days when Gerrard and Torres used to be out. You'd still be confident we could grind out a win. Now with Mane out with lose something and still concede. Going to be difficult lets hope we use the defeat on Tuesday as motivation.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #279 on: September 21, 2017, 04:00:43 pm »
Simply put, we need to score an early goal. Like first 10 minutes early.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...