Author Topic: LC: Leicester 2 v Liverpool 0 (Okazaki 65, Slimani 78)  (Read 68684 times)

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
Re: LC: Leicester 2 v Liverpool 0 (Okazaki 65, Slimani 78)
« Reply #1400 on: September 21, 2017, 09:42:18 am »
I don't have the answer, but I do know that this isn't it.

That ilk of person does not respond to logic and facts - they respond to emotional input - you can 'show' them but they will not see. The only data they respond to is the ultimate, usually disastrous, outcome (from Rafa to Roy), and by then it's too late.

They'll burn a school or clinic down and then realise (Google number of schools and clinics burnt down on South Africa) 'oh fuck'!

I really don't know the answer, but I do know that just allowing them to spout their uninformed bile while gently pointing out the flaws in their argument is not it.

They will be silenced by results which provide the emotional cathartic input you were referring to. I believe the next victory we have will turn the atmosphere around. Right now it is a little ripe in here so to speak due to the sequence of losses or draws.

Online WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1401 on: September 21, 2017, 09:53:31 am »
They will be silenced by results which provide the emotional cathartic input you were referring to. I believe the next victory we have will turn the atmosphere around. Right now it is a little ripe in here so to speak due to the sequence of losses or draws.
that's the thing though they won't be silenced. As soon as we have another stumble the Klopp out rumblings will resurface. Say if we went on a 15 game unbeaten run and then lost 2 and drew 2 again they'd be questioning him again. It's not constructive and it's not needed

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1402 on: September 21, 2017, 10:02:07 am »
This is all made far worse by the fact that the rest of the teams in and around the top 6 just got the job done without breaking a sweat.

Chelsea's "thin squad" smashed their opponents with their back-up striker grabbing a hat-trick. Everton ease past Sunderland with many of their key players missing too.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1403 on: September 21, 2017, 10:07:16 am »
This is all made far worse by the fact that the rest of the teams in and around the top 6 just got the job done without breaking a sweat.

Chelsea's "thin squad" smashed their opponents with their back-up striker grabbing a hat-trick. Everton ease past Sunderland with many of their key players missing too.

Hardly a fair comparison. Apart from City all those teams were at home against lower league teams. Ours always looked a tricky draw on paper and sadly so it proved.

Could have done with your username at Leicester away like in his debut!

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1404 on: September 21, 2017, 10:09:36 am »

Everton? Top 6?
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #1405 on: September 21, 2017, 10:09:57 am »