Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Has anyone player got to all three major finals yet? Given the newish nature of the Conference League I'd imagine not, therefore imagine Mignolet could make a bit of history if Brugge go through. And yes he didn't actually get on in the run to Madrid but was part of the squad. Fiorentina also close to a bit of history as they'd be the first side to make two finals, and only three year's into the competition's existence.
Mkhitaryan and Smalling.
Media and Arts / Steve Albini 1962-2024
« Last post by Sheer Magnetism on Today at 07:19:45 pm »
Yeah, he deserves his own thread. A musical giant up there with the best producers of his age, and that's before you get on to Shellac and the rest of his bands. Feels like a huge loss.
Bayern made the fatal mistake of letting Real back into the game.

They will pay the price
La Viola having a PSG night here. ;D
I don't think the government is even obliged to allow parliamentary time for a VoNC unless the Leader of the Opposition is the one who calls for it.
I think they could technically call one as part of their parliamentary time but it wouldn't be official and don't think it won't be binding on the government to resign even if they were to lose it
Hanging on here a bit, Brugges.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Last post by CHOPPER on Today at 07:18:00 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/fIU9HZtVIP8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/fIU9HZtVIP8</a>
The Torys will never gain large majorities in the future, they will loose far more minority seats than they win due to tactical voting, tactical voting is here to stay, imagine the Torys will argue to pass laws to stop online sites from advising people on who to vote to keep the Torys out but that's not going to stop it.
I think the Torys just went too far this time, they've been a education for millions that will stay with them for life.
 The Torys will be back but they will never be the force they were, this is not wishful thinking,  I think people are overlooking something very important, what's happening today has never happened before, nobody thought the Torys were destroyed back in 97, comparing past election results and what happened in the following years isn't a guide to what will happen in the future. the fearmongering to scare people into not voting Labour has always been the biggest weapon in Tory election victory's, that has lost it's potency, the public have been educated, they know it's all about deflecting criticism away from the Torys, they know the Torys aren't a safe pair of hands with the economy, they know the Torys can't be trusted with our services, those beliefs will stay with millions for life just as they stay with the vast majority of posters on here.
i still don't believe the Torys understand just how much damage they've done to their party.

let's not forget that it took a single issue "Get Brexit done!" to get the Tories an 80 seat majority, Cameron fluked a majority of 10 due to the Lib Dems implosion and Ed Miliband, May even managed to lose that majority two years later!

As long as Labour maintain the centre ground and the Tories lurch to the right it will be difficult for the Tories. They also won't have many MPs left who could become leader to push them back to the centre.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Last post by stockdam on Today at 07:16:51 pm »
I just saw a promo apparently Sky Sports played before the match against Spurs the weekend with a string quartet playing YNWA over big moments and Jurgen quotes and I’m not joking when I say it’s fucking broken me. I don’t know how I’m going to handle being in the ground on the 19th.

This man has given me everything I ever dreamed of as a Liverpool fan.

I was at my lowest during covid at the end of 2020, I’d attempted suicide and was in rehab after relapsing on drugs and alcohol after previously being 7 years clean and sober. Some nights in that lonely rehab house when I was trying to fix sometimes decades-old trauma the only thing that pulled me through were watching clips of Jurgen’s Liverpool. We had access to a smart tv that had YouTube and is just sit there and watch them and weep. Weep like I’m weeping now.

Fuck me I cannot believe this is happening.

Consider yourself lucky to have a ticket for his last match with us even though it will be tough.

Hope you are doing ok and ask for help when you are feeling down. I know this sounds crass but there are people who you are making an impact on.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10