Author Topic: Dan Gordon's Hillsborough Film  (Read 140440 times)

Offline PhilScraton

• Love and affection.....on the buses :) aka Fill Scratton.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Main Stander
Dan Gordon's Hillsborough Film
« on: May 1, 2016, 02:46:12 pm »
Just announced
Following the remarkable events of last week and the jury’s verdict of Unlawful Killing at the Hillsborough Inquests:

Hillsborough

Documentary by Daniel Gordon
Liverpool FACT, Wood Street, Liverpool at 6.30pm on Saturday 7 May
Queen's Film Theatre, University Square, Belfast at 6pm on Tuesday 10 May

These are the first public screenings of the EMMY nominated film, not shown previously due to the coroner’s contempt ruling throughout the inquests, with new ending. They will be followed by a Q&A with Producer/Director Daniel Gordon and Professor Phil Scraton, School of Law, Queen's University Belfast - Factual Consultant Hillsborough; Author Hillsborough: The Truth and Lead Author the Hillsborough Independent Panel Report.

Hillsborough is an in-depth, moving account of Britain’s worst sporting disaster in which 96 men, women and children were killed, hundreds injured and thousands traumatised – and recounts the 27 year campaign for justice fought on behalf of the 96 who died.

Tickets:
Liverpool: 0151 707 4444
Belfast: https://queensfilmtheatre.ticketsolve.com/#/shows/873554202https://queensfilmtheatre.ticketsolve.com/#/shows/873554202
‪#‎YNWA‬

The film will be shown also on BBC2, Sunday 8 May.
'Freedom is always and exclusively freedom for those who think differently' Rosa Luxemburg

Offline Speedy Molby

• Not as fat as his name suggests but is still a bad formby wool :)
  • Campaigns
  • Kopite
  • Satire? In Wigan?
Re: Dan Gordon's Hillsborough Film
« Reply #1 on: May 1, 2016, 06:46:40 pm »
Saw the film on YouTube, it's excellent. I'm sure the Q&A will be fascinating - if you can make it do so. Don't miss the BBC2 screening.
I am alone now. I am beyond recrimination. The curtains have shut, the furniture has gone. I am transforming. I am vibrating. I am glowing. I am flying. Look at me now.

Offline ALPH1217

• Legacy Fan
  • "C'MON YOU MIGHTY REDS!"
« Reply #2 on: May 2, 2016, 03:32:30 am »
I've just watched it also - powerful, gripping, heartwrenching. I've nothing but complete admiration for the brave families and the tireless work of Prof. Scraton.

Offline jymbojetset

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3 on: May 2, 2016, 07:29:04 am »
Just watched it.

Incredibly harrowing account of that day.

I would say for anyone connected with football this is compulsive viewing to show what the families have had to endure over the last 27 years.

Has the FA ever apologised for their role in this?

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #4 on: May 2, 2016, 02:07:40 pm »
Looking forward to seeing this again Sunday on BBC2 at 9pm with the new ending - and many thanks to everyone involved with the making of this - it really is a powerful, educational and emotive program.
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline PhilScraton

• RAWK Scribe
  • Main Stander
« Reply #5 on: May 2, 2016, 03:51:33 pm »
Just to let you know that the film on youtube is not the complete film but the first one shown in the States with stuff missed out for adverts etc. Also, Dan has filmed a new ending last week. Best wishes and thanks again for your kind comments. Phil
'Freedom is always and exclusively freedom for those who think differently' Rosa Luxemburg

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #6 on: May 2, 2016, 07:33:04 pm »
Just to let you know that the film on youtube is not the complete film but the first one shown in the States with stuff missed out for adverts etc. Also, Dan has filmed a new ending last week. Best wishes and thanks again for your kind comments. Phil
Thanks for the heads up. Will the complete version be available on line for us outside the UK?

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: May 2, 2016, 11:33:07 pm »
Thanks for the heads up. Will the complete version be available on line for us outside the UK?

I'll find a way
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #8 on: May 3, 2016, 10:28:47 am »
Fantastic documentary.
I think some police should watch it and they might stop the bull they keep peddling.

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: May 3, 2016, 12:25:17 pm »
I'll find a way
nice one,I'm OK as I've got BBC2 but no doubt others don't.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #10 on: May 3, 2016, 06:21:01 pm »
Looking forward to watching it.

Wish it was being shown on BBC 1.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline terrible suits

• Formerly: terrisus
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Justice for the 96 - You'll Never Walk Alone
    • terrisus.com
« Reply #11 on: May 3, 2016, 10:38:49 pm »
I'll find a way

Yeah, definitely let us outside of the UK/who don't have BBC2 know when/where we can see this.

Offline Bluelagos

• Twinned with Redouagadougou. ITFC Fan but LFC Legend.
  • Campaigns
  • Kopite
  • Follow the town, up or down....ok, usually down
    • Hillsborough diaries.
« Reply #12 on: May 3, 2016, 10:41:53 pm »
Yeah, definitely let us outside of the UK/who don't have BBC2 know when/where we can see this.

It's available on youtube. 

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: May 3, 2016, 11:05:57 pm »
It's available on youtube.

Indeed it is. The one airing on Sunday is updated one...

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Bluelagos

• Twinned with Redouagadougou. ITFC Fan but LFC Legend.
  • Campaigns
  • Kopite
  • Follow the town, up or down....ok, usually down
    • Hillsborough diaries.
« Reply #14 on: May 3, 2016, 11:54:32 pm »
Thx Harinder.

One thing expats can do is to watch it on BBC iplayer.  You would need to go through a VPN with someone like Myexpatnetwork, who charge a fiver a month.     

BL

Offline PhilScraton

• RAWK Scribe
  • Main Stander
« Reply #15 on: May 4, 2016, 10:28:05 am »
A quick note. As Harinder states, unlike the youtube version, this is the full version with a new ending. It has just been granted a 12A certificate for young people to attend!

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: May 4, 2016, 12:39:06 pm »
You would need to go through a VPN with someone like Myexpatnetwork, who charge a fiver a month.   

Hotspot shield has a free version,it's full of adverts but still usable,the full version is good can't remember off hand how much it costs as I paid for a years subs ages ago...

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: May 4, 2016, 03:26:32 pm »
Hotspot shield has a free version,it's full of adverts but still usable,the full version is good can't remember off hand how much it costs as I paid for a years subs ages ago...

I'll get it up here for Monday with link for download so it can be added to archives

Offline PhilScraton

• RAWK Scribe
  • Main Stander
« Reply #18 on: May 4, 2016, 07:03:33 pm »
Belshie, that is the shortened, old version ... the full length version with a new conclusion we filmed last week is shown in cinemas in Sheffield (Showroom 6th May) Liverpool (FACT 7th May) and Belfast ( 10th May) and on BBC2 (8th May). The three public sessions will be followed by a QandA with Dan and I. Best wishes.
« Last Edit: May 4, 2016, 07:46:36 pm by Harinder »

Offline jason67

• He likes the 15cm morning glory boy!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #19 on: May 4, 2016, 07:07:42 pm »
I'll get it up here for Monday with link for download so it can be added to archives

Nice one Harinder.

Not sure if you can answer this but not only does it have a new ending, but because of advert there's also bits missing which will be included in latest one? Bit odd that they'd miss bits out to show a few ads...
At last the TRUTH 26th April 2016

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: May 4, 2016, 08:39:45 pm »
Belshie, that is the shortened, old version ... the full length version with a new conclusion we filmed last week is shown in cinemas in Sheffield (Showroom 6th May) Liverpool (FACT 7th May) and Belfast ( 10th May) and on BBC2 (8th May). The three public sessions will be followed by a QandA with Dan and I. Best wishes.
I know Phil,hotspot shield is so you can watch BBCi or BBC online.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #21 on: May 7, 2016, 08:56:40 pm »
Also

World Sports Presents: They'll Never Walk Alone

"World Sport Presents: They'll Never Walk Alone" brings you the emotional story of victims' families and survivors of the Hillsborough disaster.
Source: CNN

You can watch it in full here.

http://edition.cnn.com/videos/sports/2016/04/29/world-sports-presents-theyll-never-walk-alone-full-program.cnn

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline terrible suits

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
    • terrisus.com
« Reply #22 on: May 8, 2016, 03:42:44 am »
Also

World Sports Presents: They'll Never Walk Alone

"World Sport Presents: They'll Never Walk Alone" brings you the emotional story of victims' families and survivors of the Hillsborough disaster.
Source: CNN

You can watch it in full here.

http://edition.cnn.com/videos/sports/2016/04/29/world-sports-presents-theyll-never-walk-alone-full-program.cnn

8:08 in - "Due to the graphic nature of the following content, it may not be suitable for all viewers."
Yes, the content is graphic. And that film didn't even show as much as I've seen in other videos.
Deciding it "may not be suitable" doesn't make it go away, though.

Odd that they felt the need to caption Kenny Derbyshire's discussions and no one else's - was perfectly understandable to me. But, hey, if it helps other people in the US.

Roughly half devoted to the 15th of April, 1989, and the other half to the coverup that came after it - and the unstoppable commitment to revealing the full, real truth.
Let's hope all of this gets the recognition that it deserves here in the US as well.

One thing I hadn't seen before - as I had only started following Liverpool in 2010 - was Andy Burnham's speech in 2009. I mean, I had read about it, of course. But never actually saw how visibly moved he was by everything there. Truly admirable, making use of the platform that he had been given to actually drive for this to be pushed through.

And huge amounts of respect and admiration for Prof. Scraton's devotion to this. Having someone with the gifts and talent that he has, to put so much of that toward Hillsborough... huge admiration on a personal level, and on the grand scale on which he devoted himself.

This is a poor thought-gathering, I know. Written in bits and pieces over the past hour or so in the middle of the night.

Again, I really hope this gets time and attention in the US.
« Last Edit: May 8, 2016, 04:53:46 am by terrisus »

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #23 on: May 8, 2016, 10:53:46 pm »
Phil Scraton should be knighted

Dont think he would accept it.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #24 on: May 8, 2016, 11:00:44 pm »
"People said they wanted the truth warts and all"

"There was no warts just the truth"

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: May 8, 2016, 11:04:49 pm »
Mr Scraton, if I could be informal for a moment - You are a fucking hero.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: May 8, 2016, 11:10:10 pm »
Updated version link will be here soon for those who wish to download. Due to length and other such things, YouTube/DailyMotion etc will be hard. Once here if there is somewhere someone can host to allow streamed viewing please do so

There are sometimes things that go beyond the pale when trying to understand what so many individuals have had to fight against. I can never have enough words of thanks to those people who dedicate themselves to never letting it go. You are simply amazing.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #27 on: May 8, 2016, 11:11:47 pm »
Phil Scraton is a hero.

Offline Hymer Red

• With the money from the accident she bought herself a mobile home...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: May 8, 2016, 11:19:02 pm »
Just came to say Prof Scraton you really are something special
This Klopp fella, hes not bad is he?

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Available for parties and dinners.
« Reply #29 on: May 8, 2016, 11:30:11 pm »
Updated version link will be here soon for those who wish to download. Due to length and other such things, YouTube/DailyMotion etc will be hard. Once here if there is somewhere someone can host to allow streamed viewing please do so

There are sometimes things that go beyond the pale when trying to understand what so many individuals have had to fight against. I can never have enough words of thanks to those people who dedicate themselves to never letting it go. You are simply amazing.

Thank you Hari
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Offline terrible suits

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
    • terrisus.com
« Reply #30 on: May 8, 2016, 11:35:22 pm »

I have no idea how my webhost is with allowing stuff like that - but, I've had them as a host for like 15 years and have never really used them for too much bandwidth-heavy, I can't imagine they'll be too mad at me. Once you have a file, send me a link and I'll re-host it.

gqP6w

« Reply #31 on: May 9, 2016, 12:05:22 am »

For YouTube the maximum file size is 128GB and maximum duration 11 hours

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: May 9, 2016, 12:29:42 am »
For YouTube the maximum file size is 128GB and maximum duration 11 hours

Think BBC

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan

gqP6w

« Reply #34 on: May 9, 2016, 12:44:39 am »
Think BBC
I know they have shown it but do they hold the right to it, not sure that's the right phrase.

Offline terrible suits

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
    • terrisus.com

Offline terrible suits

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
    • terrisus.com
« Reply #36 on: May 9, 2016, 02:58:42 am »
This is my first time watching this particular film. Even though - like most everyone here I would hope - I've seen significant portions of these events many times, still had to stop around a third of the way in to vomit. Just so absolutely sickening on so many different levels.

Offline terrible suits

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
    • terrisus.com
« Reply #37 on: May 9, 2016, 04:48:35 am »
Finally finished watching this.
Huge amounts of respect to Prof. Scraton, and to everyone involved in a 27-year fight for the real truth to finally be legally recognised.

Also, thank you to Harinder for allowing me to help share this.
It's already been seen by a number of people, and is starting to spread outside of here.
I don't make anything off anything on my website, so that's not a factor in my thoughts at all.
I hope that it continues to spread, and that more people continue to see this. The more people who get to see this, the better.
« Last Edit: May 9, 2016, 04:51:03 am by terrisus »

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #38 on: May 9, 2016, 09:06:39 am »
Watched it last night and the wife was also in the room.  It's the first time she's really seen/heard about everything on that fateful day and the cover up afterwards.  Prof Scraton was superb, so eloquent and succinct in putting all the information across. 

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #39 on: May 9, 2016, 09:39:43 am »
I've seen pictures and videos of the day before and its never been an easy watch, but last night the footage went to another level. As someone who wasn't there I've always struggled to comprehend how and why people couldn't get out and why the pressure wasn't relieved quicker when gates were opened. Last nights footage answered that, I felt sick watching it and had tears down my face, it answered all the questions I had asked myself about it. There was a particular clip that tore me apart and that was when the gate was opened and people were so crushed that the physically couldn't move through it.

I'm not intelligent enough to have the superlatives to describe my respect and admiration for all those there that day, I cant begin to imagine what you've felt and had to deal with for 27 years. Know this, the truth is out and you are finally recognised as the heroes you've been for all this time. I don't know what else I can write other than congratulations (if that is the right word) for having the strength to live and fight for all this time.

You'll Never Walk Alone never had more meaning to me as a Liverpool fan!

SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604