Author Topic: CL: Spartak 1 v Liverpool 1 (Fernando 23', Coutinho 30')  (Read 76705 times)

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
Re: CL: Spartak 1 v Liverpool 1 (Fernando 23', Coutinho 30')
« Reply #1161 on: September 27, 2017, 06:55:50 pm »
The time to worry is when we DON'T create these chances.

Can we wait declaring the World has ended until May? For fucks sake. Get a grip

Goi g to Russia is an experience that takes some getting used to - I do it a lot and the travel, the atmosphere and the whole experience can throw you completely. Try travelling to such a country and performing to your optimal yourself before slating others
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1162 on: September 27, 2017, 08:43:58 pm »
One thing that does intrigue me, is why we didn't go to Russia until Monday. I would have thought going on Sunday would at least have given us one more day to recover, andget rid of any tiredness the players may have been suffering from. There was obviously a reason they left it that late as they did. But don't club's normally try and travel a couple of days before when they can.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #1163 on: September 27, 2017, 08:44:34 pm »

Goi g to Russia is an experience that takes some getting used to - I do it a lot and the travel, the atmosphere and the whole experience can throw you completely. Try travelling to such a country and performing to your optimal yourself before slating others

Come on mate, they're experienced top pros used to travelling all over the world who were playing against a bum side.

Edit: just noticed the Mancs are playing a stronger side in the same city and are three up at half time.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1164 on: September 27, 2017, 08:46:12 pm »
Who cares what United are doing.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #1165 on: September 27, 2017, 08:48:23 pm »
Come on mate, they're experienced top pros used to travelling all over the world who were playing against a bum side.

Edit: just noticed the Mancs are playing a stronger side in the same city and are three up at half time.
First goal I didn't see
2 was a penalty
3 was a Lovren level defensive error

Mancs converted them though

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1166 on: September 27, 2017, 08:48:23 pm »

It was regarding the post above about playing in Russia my dear.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1167 on: September 27, 2017, 08:49:58 pm »
It was regarding the post above about playing in Russia my dear.

Yes I know, it still doesn't make me give a damn about them though.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1168 on: September 27, 2017, 08:50:11 pm »

Only you by the look of it....

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #1169 on: September 27, 2017, 08:50:24 pm »
Celtic 1 - Ander 0

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1170 on: September 27, 2017, 08:51:01 pm »
Only you by the look of it....

It wasn't me that brought them in the conversation though, do keep up.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #1171 on: September 27, 2017, 08:53:43 pm »
One thing that does intrigue me, is why we didn't go to Russia until Monday. I would have thought going on Sunday would at least have given us one more day to recover, andget rid of any tiredness the players may have been suffering from. There was obviously a reason they left it that late as they did. But don't club's normally try and travel a couple of days before when they can.

In and out like a shit shag?
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #1172 on: September 27, 2017, 08:54:14 pm »
It wasn't me that brought them in the conversation though, do keep up.

Thats what she said!

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1173 on: September 27, 2017, 08:54:47 pm »
In and out like a shit shag?

That's one way of describing it.  ;D

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1174 on: September 27, 2017, 08:55:29 pm »
Thats what she said!

You keep out of it.  ;D

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #1175 on: September 27, 2017, 08:55:57 pm »
That's one way of describing it.  ;D

;D

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #1176 on: September 27, 2017, 08:56:25 pm »
You keep out of it.  ;D

Thats what she said too :lmao

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1177 on: September 27, 2017, 08:57:51 pm »

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1178 on: September 27, 2017, 09:30:01 pm »
Haha

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1179 on: September 27, 2017, 09:30:49 pm »

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1180 on: September 27, 2017, 09:31:39 pm »
Wasted chance on the break there from PSG.

And you too  ;D

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #1181 on: September 27, 2017, 09:34:46 pm »
And you too  ;D

Wasnt me..you have no proof :P

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #1182 on: September 27, 2017, 10:20:03 pm »

You've never been to Russia then?!

Sides from all over has struggled there. I can attest to the fact that it's pretty unique and I have to say weird IMHO - there's just something about the place that is unsettling,. As for playing a bum side, I cannot disagree, but I also believe the worse team you play, it has a knock-on effect to you as well. This rings true with our lot as we generally batter the so called better teams (and even though not looking right against City, if we'd finished better, we'd have been three up before they got anything) Anyway, my main point stands and that's we should only be worried if we were not creating multiple chances. We'll come good.
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline johnny74

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1183 on: September 27, 2017, 10:36:16 pm »

Utd just went to Russia and hit 4 past CSKA.

If we can't score goals when we create chances and concede easily then there might already be a problem.

This reminds me of King Kenny's second reign when we hit the post a thousand times and all we needed was "just a wee bit of luck".

Players miss chances because their head's are not right. Not because of luck.

Manager has had two years to sort the defence out. He built a CL runner up team on a pittance. Where are these brilliant defenders that cost us bugger all? Where's the next Sami Hyypia?

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #1184 on: September 27, 2017, 11:01:10 pm »

get on Jason Bourne....flogging dungarees to the locals in Red Square
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1185 on: September 27, 2017, 11:13:19 pm »

;D

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #1186 on: September 28, 2017, 01:33:16 am »

:lmao

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #1187 on: September 28, 2017, 01:47:23 am »
Fucking hell, if we're playing poorly now then you must have been close to ending it all when we were under the Hodge, Rodgers first/third seasons, even Kenny's second season. Playing poorly is being outplayed, not creating anything, losing lots of games. We dominated last night and made a series of good chances. We should have won. We didn't play poorly.

Huge swathes of our support are embarrassing themselves at the moment. I don't mean you, but there are some on this thread and many in the multitudes who smash their keyboards on Twitter and phone in to Talkshite. We're playing some superb football at times but the team/squad undoubtedly has issues that are readily identifiable:

1) Our goalkeeper - who our first choice should be and whether they are good enough.
2) Our defence - both in terms of the system and the personnel at CB.
3) Our finishing - we lack a supremely clinical number 9 and our forwards have wasted a lot of decent chances this season.

Despite the above, we're level with Spurs and above Arsenal after 6 games (including matches with City/Arsenal). I'd like to have a couple more points and be pushing level with Chelsea and closer to the Manchester clubs, but top 4 is a challenge and not a right as our last 7/8 seasons have demonstrated. We're 2nd in our CL group with the two easiest homes and the easiest away left. If we pick up 7-9 points in those games, which we clearly should and can, then we will in all probability be in the last 16. The League Cup is frustrating but hardly a disaster.

If we come top 4 again with a decent cup run, and make the last 16 in the CL, then that represents progress on top of last season where we scraped 4th despite having no European competition, and had a decent league cup run. Not a huge leap, but steady progress leading into next season. I'd love more, I'd like us to win a trophy and challenge for the title, but the people calling for Klopp out etc are morons. He's barely 2 years into the job. If he stays another 2 I'm confident we'll keep improving. If he stays another 5 I'm confident we'll win some trophies.

We use a false 9, our 'finishers' are our 'wingers'. They're the highest playing players
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #1188 on: September 28, 2017, 07:37:42 am »
Nonsense.  Its not about only having 7 points in 4 games.  Its the MANNER in which we are dropping points.  Anyone that can't see how poor we have been defensively is living with their head in the clouds.

No-one is not seeing that, so don't make shit up.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Lazy Gun

• Anny Roader
  • My wife, Jurgena.
« Reply #1189 on: September 28, 2017, 08:16:19 am »
Utd just went to Russia and hit 4 past CSKA.

If we can't score goals when we create chances and concede easily then there might already be a problem.

This reminds me of King Kenny's second reign when we hit the post a thousand times and all we needed was "just a wee bit of luck".

Players miss chances because their head's are not right. Not because of luck.

Manager has had two years to sort the defence out. He built a CL runner up team on a pittance. Where are these brilliant defenders that cost us bugger all? Where's the next Sami Hyypia?

Sami hyypia couldn’t play in a Klopp side (carra neither),  but I know what you mean.
Believer

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1190 on: September 28, 2017, 08:25:07 am »
The United result shows the difference. They've got forwards who can score every week and midfielders to chip in.

In 13/14 we were absolutely hopeless defensively and couldn't control a game, but we had forwards who were scoring every week and it took us a long way.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1191 on: September 28, 2017, 08:27:41 am »
The United result shows the difference. They've got forwards who can score every week and midfielders to chip in.
Or you're extrapolating current form into a permanent state.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1192 on: September 28, 2017, 08:30:08 am »
Or you're extrapolating current form into a permanent state.

Lukaku will score 30+ goals for United this season. Kane will score 30. Aguero will score 30. Moratta and Lacazette may well do.

We don't have that penalty box finisher. Mane, Salah, Firmino might all get into double figures but I doubt will hit those heights in front of goal. How many goals are the midfield going to score?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 08:31:50 am by Fromola »

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1193 on: September 28, 2017, 08:32:41 am »
Lukaku will score 30+ goals for United this season. Kane will score 30. Aguero will score 30. Moratta and Lacazette may well do.

We don't have that penalty box finisher. Mane, Salah, Firmino might all get into double figures but I doubt will hit those heights in front of goal. How many goals are the midfield going to score?
I don't know, can I borrow your crystal ball?

Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1194 on: September 28, 2017, 08:34:25 am »
I don't know, can I borrow your crystal ball?

Well it's likely not certain. I predicted before the season those players would score at that rate and we wouldn't have that.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #1195 on: September 28, 2017, 08:34:29 am »

We don't have that penalty box finisher.
I think Firmino, Sane and Salah have the ability to score ~15-20 goals each. The problem is whether they can spread them around enough rather than scoring in patches which is what we're seeing at the moment. Are they going to be clinical enough when a match is tight?

"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1196 on: September 28, 2017, 08:35:38 am »
Well it's likely not certain. I predicted before the season those players would score at that rate and we wouldn't have that.
Mane and Salah are both scoring at 30+ rate (all competitions) at the moment; certainly 20+.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1197 on: September 28, 2017, 08:36:12 am »

Firmino, Salah, Mane and Coutinho need to be scoring around 15 goals each. I would be amazed if Chelsea, Spurs and even City have 4 players who score 15 goals plus each.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1198 on: September 28, 2017, 08:37:56 am »
It's frustrating seeing our rivals destroy these teams. But on another day we destroy Seville and Spartak like we should have done. I'd worry if we looked out of our depth.But we don't! We have serious issues other teams don't but on our day we can beat anyone.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1199 on: September 28, 2017, 08:38:50 am »
I think Firmino, Sane and Salah have the ability to score ~15-20 goals each. The problem is whether they can spread them around enough rather than scoring in patches which is what we're seeing at the moment. Are they going to be clinical enough when a match is tight?

And that's the key with having natural finishers, if they get a chance in a tight game they'll be more likely to take it.

We'll have games like Arsenal where the three of them score in a clinical win, but also games where they all miss sitters and we don't win. When things arne't going well it seems to be on Coutinho.

We need Firmino, Salah and Mane to score around 20 each - or one of them to really step up - because where else are the goals coming from? It's purely on Coutinho. Chamberlain 's goal record is lamentable. Henderson scored once last season. Aside from Milner's penalties the defence scored 3 goals between them.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 08:41:46 am by Fromola »