Author Topic: Water Filters  (Read 558 times)

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Water Filters
« on: July 10, 2022, 06:06:33 pm »
Are they worth it and actually work? Anybody here got one and if so can recommend? Looking for one for my kitchen tap water.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
Re: Water Filters
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2022, 10:12:44 pm »
Got a Brita jug a few months ago and it's one of the best things I've ever bought. I'm in a 6th-floor flat so the tap water tastes like arse, but it tastes great out of the jug. Well recommended.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2022, 10:33:34 pm »
For me, it makes not one iota of difference.

I’m not even sure what it’s supposed to filter out.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2022, 10:45:20 pm »
There is definitely a noticeable difference in taste for me when using one. Tend to keep one in the fridge as it’s better than buying bottled water (and often tastes better anyway).

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2022, 11:07:14 pm »
I'm sure they make a big difference in countries with more contaminated groundwater where they need to use more chlorine for example.

Where I live it's pure lakewater with minimal treatment, so absolutely no need. If you look at the geography of Nyköping Municipality and the outlying areas of Katrineholm's and Flen's municipalities you'll see why:

Lakes everywhere so there's no need to use groundwater.
Linudden.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2022, 02:32:44 pm »
For me, it makes not one iota of difference.

I’m not even sure what it’s supposed to filter out.

If you live somewhere with hard water and don't use one, your kettle, coffee machine etc will soon be coated with limescale - and an oil slick on the top of your brew.
I used one when I lived in London, but don't bother now, as the water in the north west is soft.