Author Topic: Roy eyes 5-6 new players in January  (Read 475572 times)

Offline StokieSteve

• Legacy Fan
  • Up The Potters
Re: Roy eyes 5-6 new players in January
« Reply #5920 on: December 31, 2010, 02:08:55 am »
Tunny is a class player, I hope we keep him, but I doubt it. On the bench too much.

Offline JWAlonso

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5921 on: December 31, 2010, 02:12:08 am »
Any new rumours floating around, about new players.
"At The End Of The Storm, There Is A Golden Sky"

Offline belfast-connection

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5922 on: December 31, 2010, 02:13:00 am »
not having a dig at all but your username made me laugh

where i'm from in ireland calling somebody 'stokie' means they're a bit of a pikey
HE SAID ‘BIGGER’ PEOPLE ‘BIGGER’. OK, MOVE ALONG PEOPLE, THERE’S NOTHING TO SEE HERE

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5923 on: December 31, 2010, 02:14:30 am »
not having a dig at all but your username made me laugh

where i'm from in ireland calling somebody 'stokie' means they're a bit of a pikey

CT for him?

StokieSteve: Formerly a pikey, now a stokey.

Offline Raoul Duke

• Is Boris Johnson.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5924 on: December 31, 2010, 02:17:26 am »
Shame that. I'd like to see Stoke evolve under Pulis in the way that Bolton have under Coyle, and that seems to be the plan with introducing players like Tuncay, but it's probably tough to change to a more expansive attacking game when you've become accustomed to achieving success using very direct tactics.

I love the commitment Stoke players play with though. Playing for the fans properly, competing for every ball, pressing like maniacs. Pulis is a fantastic manager in that respect.
Fool, if it wasn't for Sergei here, both you and your cousin be cadaverous mo'fuckers.

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #5925 on: December 31, 2010, 02:17:32 am »
NESV spending so far:

Red Sox -  $300million on 2 players

Liverpool -  £1.5million on 1 player

£301.5M - Liverpool.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline StokieSteve

• Legacy Fan
  • Up The Potters
« Reply #5926 on: December 31, 2010, 02:51:08 am »
CT for him?

StokieSteve: Formerly a pikey, now a stokey.
I'm from Stoke, nothing more or less.

Offline StokieSteve

• Legacy Fan
  • Up The Potters
« Reply #5927 on: December 31, 2010, 02:58:39 am »
It's going to be great, Stoke will progress. Tony is awesome, never been relegated.

Offline StokieSteve

• Legacy Fan
  • Up The Potters
« Reply #5928 on: December 31, 2010, 03:11:45 am »
Shame that. I'd like to see Stoke evolve under Pulis in the way that Bolton have under Coyle, and that seems to be the plan with introducing players like Tuncay, but it's probably tough to change to a more expansive attacking game when you've become accustomed to achieving success using very direct tactics.

I love the commitment Stoke players play with though. Playing for the fans properly, competing for every ball, pressing like maniacs. Pulis is a fantastic manager in that respect.
I love what you have said here. Tremendous.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #5929 on: December 31, 2010, 03:27:00 am »
I'm from Stoke, nothing more or less.

Welcome to RAWK Stokie  :wave

It's exactly how I see it - I've got a lot of respect for Pulis, he doesn't toe the LMA shite in the way guys like Bruce or Fat Sam do, and I think he recognises the limitations of his system, and the kind of players he needs to really go to the 'next level', as it were. I went to uni near stoke (Keele) so got to know the town a bit and looked out for Stoke's results and what he's achieved is excellent, but as we know from Houllier (and Hodgson) and Wimbledon and Watford and many other teams, is that there's a definite ceiling in terms of Stoke's style of play - for them to get to the next level they need evolution.

He went up even more in my eyes for praising Lucas last season, and being very interested in buying him this season - the problem for him is that, while Stoke are consistent with this set of players using these tactics, on their budget and with their margins for error it's not like they can just buy in 5 technically gifted players and play more 'fluently' without risking losing what they have already - but players like Lucas, Gudjohnson and Tuncay clearly show that he knows how to get better, what kind of players to buy, but it's difficult to integrate them one at a time in a system that doesn't wholly suit their styles.

If Lucas had chosen to leave us I wouldn't mind him to go to Stoke - I think he could be a real lynchpin in that kind of evolution of style, while still being more than capable of coping with the more route one stuff - kind of like Charlie Adam at Blackpool or Murphy at Fulham he's the kind of player a manager can build a more progressive style around without sacrificing fight and solidity, and without having to take punts on 'flair' players of dubious character who can be a lot more trouble than they're worth, especially if they don't catch fire very quickly.

Plus Stoke's fans and Pulis himself have, as far as I can tell always been respectful towards us, and from an outsider to both city's perspective Stoke and Liverpool seem to have a hell of a lot in common - to my ears even the accents sound very similar.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline Raoul Duke

• Is Boris Johnson.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5930 on: December 31, 2010, 03:31:32 am »
I love what you have said here. Tremendous.

You're welcome mate.
Fool, if it wasn't for Sergei here, both you and your cousin be cadaverous mo'fuckers.

Offline lehman_bros

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5931 on: December 31, 2010, 05:17:58 am »
If we can offload Jovanovic for £3mill and replace him with this guy at half the price it won't be too much an issue. The only problem I have with it is that if he is the only signing for the left wing, if we can also get Nzogbia the left wing after all these years may be half decent.

who gonna spend 3m on a 29 yrs-old Jova ? we would be lucky to get 300K !

Offline Picklez

• Kopite
« Reply #5932 on: December 31, 2010, 05:58:16 am »
Do you reckon Marveuox (sp) will be the winger that we've been asking for and will be the only one bought in Jan?

If he is I'd be disappointed, was hoping for one of the ones mentioned but ohwell...

Best of luck to him.

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5933 on: December 31, 2010, 05:59:23 am »
Do you reckon Marveuox (sp) will be the winger that we've been asking for and will be the only one bought in Jan?

If he is I'd be disappointed, was hoping for one of the ones mentioned but ohwell...

Best of luck to him.

He's average at best... and that's in Ligue 1.  :no
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline PJG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5934 on: December 31, 2010, 06:01:28 am »

Give him a chance mate.  He hasn't even signed for us yet

Offline Picklez

• Kopite
« Reply #5935 on: December 31, 2010, 06:03:38 am »

My point exactly.

Average, weak and injury prone. The premier league ain't no walk in the park, and we could have spent wiser on younger talent. It just smells of another useless buy  :(

Hopefully he proves me wrong

Offline adi1986

• Main Stander
  • Who's bigger than Liverpool?
« Reply #5936 on: December 31, 2010, 06:04:45 am »
who gonna spend 3m on a 29 yrs-old Jova ? we would be lucky to get 300K !

Just because Roy doesn't rate him doesn't mean nobody does. He was being looked at by a number of big clubs before he joined us and to be honest I wouldn't even want to sell him without giving him a fair go in the team. The guy's got pace, he's got a few tricks up his sleeve and does seem willing to work his arse off. It's a pity he was involved in that Northampton game (which led to an over-reaction from the genius that is Roy Hodgson).
Wish my internet terrorism skills had surfaced earlier, when we helplessly let Xabi go.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5937 on: December 31, 2010, 07:31:38 am »
Are further buys like this what we as LFC fans have to get used to? It really feels like a Wenger signing. Don't know if such a policy is good or bad though.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Robbo1980

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5938 on: December 31, 2010, 08:18:17 am »
Some beauts on here, most of which wont have even seen Marveaux play but he's shite etc. Ive read he scored 10 goals last yr in ligue1....if so thats very good
Chamakh was a bosman and most of us wanted him, so not all cheap or out of contract players are the next Voronin
A new scout (Hitchen) and new DOF are behind this transfer, id be worried if they were not pretty sure the lad had some class especially with it being there 1st chance to impress fans, owners etc, ive never seen him play so wont judge him

Offline JK-3

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FC Farcelona
« Reply #5939 on: December 31, 2010, 09:53:38 am »
Just because Roy doesn't rate him doesn't mean nobody does.
I can really see him fitting in with a system like Inters, hes a great talent being wasted here.
Twitter: twitter.com/JK_Liverpool      PSN: JACK_LFC_94

Offline JK-3

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FC Farcelona
« Reply #5940 on: December 31, 2010, 02:10:55 pm »
Does anyone else think Beckham is worth a go? we need someone on the right putting some decent crosses in without having to put Stevie there.

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #5941 on: December 31, 2010, 02:11:39 pm »
Does anyone else think Beckham is worth a go? we need someone on the right putting some decent crosses in without having to put Stevie there.

No.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline OldCold

• Lock 'em all up! A spell in the army would do 'em all good! Police State? Yes please! Has bookmarked the Daily Mail's editorial.
  • Legacy Fan
  • OC - RAWK's Poser boy.
« Reply #5942 on: December 31, 2010, 02:13:30 pm »

Surely a manc.
OldCold has merked so many people over the last 5 hours. Awesome.
OldCold you are an enigma.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5943 on: December 31, 2010, 02:15:02 pm »

No we need skill and pace in our team now.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5944 on: December 31, 2010, 02:25:36 pm »
Beckham's still classy but he's 35 and I agree we need some pace down the flanks. Not what we need, think Houllier's more likely to sign him for Villa, to be honest.

Offline Raoul Duke

• Is Boris Johnson.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5945 on: December 31, 2010, 02:26:05 pm »
"Yeah, erm, I'm really happy to be here at Liverpool, erm, I was saying to Victoria that it's always been a lifelong dream for me, erm, obviously I'm a Manchester United fan but I've always loved scousers and it's a really good club. I'm good, I'm feeling good in myself at the moment, and Victoria and the kids are feeling good about it, so, erm, I'm really happy to play here under Roy. I know Gary Neville won't like it, and I'm good friends with Gary, but hopefully, given time, he and Jamie can patch up their differences, and he won't go through with the death threats."

Offline miakeks

• Legacy Fan
  • Quod erat demonstrandum. :P
« Reply #5946 on: December 31, 2010, 02:34:17 pm »

Erm, how about no?
“The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease.” (Voltaire, 1694 - 1778)

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5947 on: December 31, 2010, 02:43:15 pm »
Beckham wouldn't even think about coming here.
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5948 on: December 31, 2010, 02:45:36 pm »
Yeah just what need on the wing, someone even slower than Kuyt! At least Torres might get a higher ratio of accurate 60 yard passes dropped on his swede.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5949 on: December 31, 2010, 03:15:36 pm »
"Yeah, erm, I'm really happy to be here at Liverpool, erm, I was saying to Victoria that it's always been a lifelong dream for me, erm, obviously I'm a Manchester United fan but I've always loved scousers and it's a really good club. I'm good, I'm feeling good in myself at the moment, and Victoria and the kids are feeling good about it, so, erm, I'm really happy to play here under Roy. I know Gary Neville won't like it, and I'm good friends with Gary, but hopefully, given time, he and Jamie can patch up their differences, and he won't go through with the death threats."
:lmao
Ratboy wouldn't even stand a chance if he went up against Carra.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline JK-3

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FC Farcelona
« Reply #5950 on: December 31, 2010, 03:27:17 pm »
didnt expect a response that bad  ::)
i just dont think we are in a position to be picky about signing players who support rivals and when there is some class going on loan  it would be useful to have him for a few months.

At least Torres might get a higher ratio of accurate 60 yard passes dropped on his swede.
exactly

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5951 on: December 31, 2010, 03:49:20 pm »
didnt expect a response that bad  ::)
i just dont think we are in a position to be picky about signing players who support rivals and when there is some class going on loan  it would be useful to have him for a few months.
exactly

He is Hodgson's type of player, but he certainly is not the player we need.

Offline Picklez

• Kopite
« Reply #5952 on: December 31, 2010, 06:21:13 pm »
 :duh

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #5953 on: December 31, 2010, 06:26:42 pm »

Is the jk part of your username shorthand for joke?
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5954 on: December 31, 2010, 11:49:24 pm »
Mirror are reporting we're in for M'Villa for 15m ahead of Real
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline Picklez

• Kopite
« Reply #5955 on: December 31, 2010, 11:54:12 pm »
Mirror are reporting we're in for M'Villa for 15m ahead of Real

was he the lad that played in the friendly England vs. France a while ago?

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #5956 on: December 31, 2010, 11:55:28 pm »

Just Fontaine?
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #5957 on: December 31, 2010, 11:57:34 pm »
Yep, not worth 15 million in my opinion. I wouldn't go above 10 for him. I question the credibility of that story aswell, i don't think Real Madrid are in for a holding midfielder... they have Khedira, who they bought for 10 million, they have Lass who they signed for 20 million, and is better than M'Villa.

Sounds like made up shite yet again by the Mirror.
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline Picklez

• Kopite
« Reply #5958 on: December 31, 2010, 11:58:04 pm »
Just Fontaine?

Snap him up!

Very young for his talent.

Offline Picklez

• Kopite
« Reply #5959 on: January 1, 2011, 12:01:14 am »
Yep, not worth 15 million in my opinion. I wouldn't go above 10 for him. I question the credibility of that story aswell, i don't think Real Madrid are in for a holding midfielder... they have Khedira, who they bought for 10 million, they have Lass who they signed for 20 million, and is better than M'Villa.

Sounds like made up shite yet again by the Mirror.

Liked the look of him when he played, haven't seen him apart from that game though so can't judge. Definitely for under 10mil, over that might be a risk.