Author Topic: Welcome Adrian  (Read 152146 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Welcome Adrian
« Reply #720 on: October 3, 2019, 12:09:29 am »
It may be that he is trying to learn a new way of playing at 32 as it's not exactly how he's been playing for the whole of his career.

Last year Allison made a cock ip against Leicester away but cut it out of future games but Allison is of a younger generation and used to playing with the ball at his feet.

Right Alisson made a meal out of it once, and didn't do it again. Like I said, mistakes are part of the game but repeating the same mistake isn't acceptable anywhere on the pitch.  Whatever it is, he needs to learn from it while he's still covering Becker.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #721 on: October 3, 2019, 05:58:55 am »

Last year Allison made a cock ip against Leicester away but cut it out of future games but Allison is of a younger generation and used to playing with the ball at his feet.
After being fouled
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #722 on: October 5, 2019, 05:10:33 pm »
fantastic keeper...best n.2 we had in years...if ever.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #723 on: October 5, 2019, 05:23:07 pm »
The best saver of goals that were ultimately offside :D
:D

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #724 on: October 5, 2019, 05:24:22 pm »
He's been brilliant. I do think Allison saves the goal though.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #725 on: October 5, 2019, 05:31:33 pm »
The best saver of goals that were ultimately offside :D
On par with Schmichel for that. :D
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline tornado

• ali
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #726 on: October 5, 2019, 05:32:24 pm »
So hopefully Allison is back after the break..meanwhile Adrian has been an excellent back up..zero points dropped !

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #727 on: October 5, 2019, 05:33:48 pm »

Bit unlucky I felt, it bobbles off Lovren and into the ground.

:D

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #728 on: October 5, 2019, 05:34:54 pm »
Bit unlucky I felt, it bobbles off Lovren and into the ground.

Did it take a deflection off Lovren? Missed that.

Apologies then, just saw it went under him.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #729 on: October 5, 2019, 05:35:32 pm »
He’s done ever so well but that’s why Alisson comes back in as soon as he’s fit. The very best keepers save that.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #730 on: October 5, 2019, 05:40:46 pm »
What a brilliant effort for the opening run though.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #731 on: October 7, 2019, 09:36:05 am »
Fellow Red on another forum said that Choudhury's shithouse tackle on Mo was the closest we've come to disaster this season. It's a tribute to Adrian that losing the world's #1 keeper for 10 weeks in the opening 40 minutes of the season has been forgotten as a disaster.

Offline Valleys Red

• Kemlynite
« Reply #732 on: October 7, 2019, 01:38:47 pm »
Exactly what we need for a back-up keeper - Adrian has been great so far, and it's no bigger compliment than to say that we now don't need to rush Allison back.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #733 on: October 7, 2019, 02:21:27 pm »
IF that was to be Adrian's last league game for a good while, then all I can say he's just done a fantastic job.

I admit, I was concerned when Ali got injured, simply because I thought he could be the difference between turning a draw or a loss into extra points for us, and in this league, with having to compete with Abu Dhabi FC, those few extra points can mean everything.

So to be here, 8 games in with maximum points is massive credit to the team as a whole of course, and Adrian as much as anyone.

Has he been perfect? Of course not, he's a goalie, he's human, they make mistakes. But he's been great, and what I like most about how he's navigated this run, is that when he has had a dodgy moment, he's not let it get to him. That's a problem we've had in the past, goalies losing their confidence, but with Adrian, he bounces back. Which says so much about his personality and mentality, which is why he suits us so well.

Adrian is one of the Mentalitätsmonsters  ;D

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #734 on: October 7, 2019, 10:01:06 pm »
Bravo Adrian
#JFT97

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #735 on: October 8, 2019, 01:11:21 pm »
He's actually looked brilliant. Amazing how long a way he came in a matter of weeks

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #736 on: October 8, 2019, 01:47:34 pm »
He's been excellent and his passing has been improving with every passing game. Had a though start due to his lack of games with west ham but he has settled in really nicely. Is he as good as Alisson? No, but there's no shame in being second best to the best keeper in the world ;-). I feel sorry for him that he will be dropped as he was excellent but I guess he knew what he was coming in for.

Thanks for your services Adrian.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #737 on: October 8, 2019, 02:12:08 pm »
He'll get games in the domestic cups, against Arsenal for example, rotating with Kelleher, and as he's better than any No 2 we've had for donkeys' years, there's more of a chance we'll go further in the domestic cups.

Might even get a few games in the PL and CL to rest Alisson, now that he has proved himself.

It's all good
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #738 on: October 8, 2019, 04:03:16 pm »
I can honestly see him playing every domestic cup fixture we're part of - even the finals if we make any. He's got cup final winning experience now : D

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #739 on: October 8, 2019, 05:13:51 pm »
Hats off to the lad as he has stepped into big shoes and barely look out of place since. A very cool customer who has made some outlandish stops and very good with his distribution. Crazy to say it but we barely missed our #1
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #740 on: October 8, 2019, 05:21:02 pm »

to be fair, I think most professional keepers, and even boycott's grandmother, save it 95%+ of the time, it was straight at him, hit really gently, across the floor. 

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #741 on: October 8, 2019, 05:24:34 pm »
Hats off to the lad as he has stepped into big shoes and barely look out of place since. A very cool customer
Knew he was boss when he dropped his gloves before that penalty against Everton. It wasn't so much that he took of his gloves, indicating that he would NOT be going in goal again, but the way he casually dropped them after he'd started his run up, cool and stylish as you like...

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #742 on: October 29, 2019, 06:50:35 pm »
My lad follows him on Twitter and entered a competition, winning a pair of signed gloves from him. Bit big for him but he's chuffed to bits.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #743 on: October 29, 2019, 06:51:58 pm »
My lad follows him on Twitter and entered a competition, winning a pair of signed gloves from him. Bit big for him but he's chuffed to bits.

Excellent! They're going to become gloves that belonged to a league title winner.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #744 on: October 30, 2019, 01:35:53 pm »

That's great, well done Charlie!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #745 on: October 30, 2019, 03:44:56 pm »

August 5th, 2019

These are my new season resolutions:

1) I will keep clean sheets
2) I will help my new team to win the league and any other trophy
3) I will mess up the Blueshite any time I play against them
4) I will get many hugs from the manager
5) After seeing Becker singing his Oasis songs while drunk, I will promise to only drink Ribena like Milly

What bad luck! I'm starting the new season with a beast in my spot!
Better looking than Samie.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #746 on: November 30, 2019, 11:09:17 pm »
While going into the Derby without Alisson is not ideal, have total confidence this fellah will be fine. He was Klopp's man of the match today as he had to go on so quickly, the free kick beside thought he did more than okay. It is good to see him get another opportunity.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #747 on: November 30, 2019, 11:25:42 pm »
My arse went when he dropped the ball from that header  ;D

Should still be able to beat the shite, Adrian is a capable back up.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #748 on: December 1, 2019, 06:33:25 am »
Kept more clean sheets than Alisson...

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #749 on: December 1, 2019, 06:43:21 am »
The silver lining to Alisson being injured earlier in the season is that Adrian has nothing to prove - he's already demonstrated that he is an able stand in.

Mebbe Alisson can get a haircut while he's on his micro break

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #750 on: December 1, 2019, 08:54:29 am »
He's better than most first choice keepers in the league so I'm happy (and relieved!) to have him.

If we go all the way this season he will have earned his medal.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #751 on: December 1, 2019, 09:04:48 am »
I like his enthusiasm. You can see that he's chuffed to play for us and proud af to be part of this brilliant team.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #752 on: December 1, 2019, 09:48:56 am »
It’s wasn't his fault for the goal either, it was the walls and in particular Hendo’s fault who was on the end, he shouted out to him 3 times so the wall could be lined up and Hendo wasn’t paying any attention whatsoever and too busy talking to the rest of the wall. If he heard him the first shout the wall would have been lined up by the time the ref blew and Dunk took it quickly. Adrian be fine on Wednesday but we knew that anyway.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #753 on: December 1, 2019, 11:38:13 am »
Another opportunity for him to wind up the bitters midweek now.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline nayia2002

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.victoriacreperie.co.uk/
« Reply #754 on: December 1, 2019, 12:02:21 pm »
While going into the Derby without Alisson is not ideal, have total confidence this fellah will be fine. He was Klopp's man of the match today as he had to go on so quickly, the free kick beside thought he did more than okay. It is good to see him get another opportunity.
Alisson has been poor(conceded in every game)since coming back from injury!
Adrian is more than capable/deserving to be in goal again if you take into account this season only 👍💪
who are you to judge the life i live?
i know im not perfect-and i dont live to be,
but before you start pointing fingers make
sure your hands are clean!.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #755 on: December 1, 2019, 12:26:13 pm »

In what way has Alisson been poor? Aside from the lack of clean sheets, I can’t recall any obvious errors.

No concerns about Adrian in the Derby he has proved an excellent and able back up and will definitely have the longest arms of any goalie on the pitch on Wednesday
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Prof

• fessor Yaffle. Full tosser.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Alternative Premier League Table
« Reply #756 on: December 1, 2019, 12:33:27 pm »
will definitely have the longest arms of any goalie on the pitch on Wednesday
:lmao :lmao :lmao

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #757 on: December 1, 2019, 12:35:05 pm »
Adrian is more than capable/deserving to be in goal again if you take into account this season only 👍💪

I don't think Alisson is playing poorly, but he has just come back from an injury so maybe hasn't found his absolute best yet. But that is good, it means he and the team can improve even further as we will have to.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • you might be on B Squad, but ur the B squad leader
« Reply #758 on: December 1, 2019, 01:06:30 pm »
Klopp says Adrian was frozen (almost like Mel Gibson in Forever Young) but then why didn't Klopp ask him to warm up with the other players on the sidelines? This should be normal. You can't ask the reserve GK to warmup when you think your keeper will get a red card, it could happen any time. The reserve keeper should be running out there every time the other kids go out. If a keeper is sitting on the bench all season and gets at best a month of action, for the other months he should be earning his money by at least getting warm and running around just in case.
Following Liverpool since the mid 80s.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #759 on: December 1, 2019, 01:08:32 pm »
Another opportunity for him to wind up the bitters midweek now.

Should let him take any penalties. :D