Author Topic: Welcome Adrian  (Read 152154 times)

Offline Golyo

• Matchday smoker fond of a good old bashing.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the Jürgen!
Re: Welcome Adrian
« Reply #920 on: March 6, 2020, 03:31:22 pm »
I wonder when will see the replays of goals from the viewpoint of the goalie. That's one of the ways Watson (IBM's AI) improves our team AFAIK, so it shouldn't be too far away.
I certainly would love to see the first goal from Adrian's perspective.
Listen, we're going to be all right, they've got someone even smaller than me. - Ferenc Puskás before the game against England in 1953

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #921 on: March 6, 2020, 03:43:48 pm »
I'm not worried about Bournemouth, but the Atleti game will depend on him. Unless our front three start firing on all cylinders and score a bucket load, Adrian will have to come up with some top notch saves and Virgil and Joe have to be on top of their games. He's capable of that, but I would feel that's more of a game of chance than it would have been with Ali in goal.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline red whine

• goes to my hhead
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #922 on: March 6, 2020, 03:47:15 pm »
I would rather be without Alison than say mane for this game. It will be attack versus defence and most
of the game will be played in their half. I don't see them creating loads of good chances. If we wre playing say
PSG or Man City then I would be more worried as they would create loads more.

Online S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #923 on: March 6, 2020, 03:51:01 pm »
Bournemouth will be fine, but this is a major blow for the Atletico game. We can’t allow them anything. One lapse and the game could be gone. Allison is good enough to play by those standards. Adrian, whilst a competent backup, probably isn’t.

In the midst of all the goals against Barcelona, people forget how well Allison played that night. Barca had their chances. Spurs in the final was an even better performance. On both occasions a single goal would have changed everything and he dealt with everything.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #924 on: March 6, 2020, 04:04:52 pm »
I am convinced we that the Atletico game will see us camped in their half. They'll barely have a shot. Not overly worried.

Online koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #925 on: March 6, 2020, 04:20:25 pm »
Worried about bournemouth not just atletico. That said Adrian did well for that spell last time, hope he can do it again.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #926 on: March 6, 2020, 04:28:39 pm »
This guy took off his gloves before taking a decisive shootout penalty to indicate that he would NOT be needed again that night. He's got this.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline VVM

• Kopite
  • OVER AN HOUR LEFT ESTIMATED TIME
« Reply #927 on: March 6, 2020, 04:33:48 pm »
This guy took off his gloves before taking a decisive shootout penalty to indicate that he would NOT be needed again that night. He's got this.

You know it never actually occurred to me he'd have had to put them back on in shame had he missed that. Oozes confidence.

Produced some ridiculous saves this season too, the one against Napoli was one of the best I've ever seen but we lost so it doesn't get mentioned. Made a couple of excellent ones on Tuesday night also.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #928 on: March 6, 2020, 04:42:46 pm »
You know it never actually occurred to me he'd have had to put them back on in shame had he missed that. Oozes confidence.
Absolutely. The guy is confidence personified, totally backs himself and knows and values his own abilities. People forget that it was he who turned down the chance to stay at West Ham because he knew he would do better.

He's better than many first choice keepers. He'll be fine.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #929 on: March 6, 2020, 04:45:06 pm »
Everyone panicking right now just remember, it could have been Mignolet instead.

Full faith in Adrian.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #930 on: March 6, 2020, 04:50:37 pm »
The Atletico game will be his third match in secession, I’m confident he’ll do himself and us proud. He helped us win the Super Cup, at the beginning of the season. A great chance to see him rise to the challenge once again.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #931 on: March 6, 2020, 05:04:19 pm »
I believe in Adrain.
Believer

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #932 on: March 6, 2020, 05:09:06 pm »
I believe in Adrain.

Nice to hear you are in touch with your plumbing.

Now, what do you feel about our Adrian?
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #933 on: March 6, 2020, 05:21:34 pm »
The biggest miss will be Alisson's distribution, which is probably the best in the business alongside his many other great qualities

Hopefully Adrian won't have a great deal to do v Bournemouth or Atleti, however he will against the Bitters

Lets just hope he's got his Pickford impression out of his system...
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #934 on: March 6, 2020, 05:32:24 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Ja2vqo_9vaY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Ja2vqo_9vaY</a>

"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Vote For Pedro

• "Kay-bye!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #935 on: March 6, 2020, 05:45:22 pm »
He was brill earlier in the season. Every faith in him - best backup in the league.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #936 on: March 6, 2020, 05:52:11 pm »
He was brill earlier in the season. Every faith in him - best backup in the league.

Not to disagree about the faith (although clearly I have a bit less), think I'd rather have a few ahead of him - although he seems to have character which I have no idea about others. I mean he wasn't the best backup keeper in our last game.

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #937 on: March 6, 2020, 06:28:22 pm »
Can't imagine he was expecting to play as much for us this season in his wildest dreams when signing the contract.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #938 on: March 6, 2020, 06:45:43 pm »

Not to disagree about the faith (although clearly I have a bit less), think I'd rather have a few ahead of him - although he seems to have character which I have no idea about others. I mean he wasn't the best backup keeper in our last game.

Who are you thinking?
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #939 on: March 6, 2020, 06:48:52 pm »

There seems to have been a bit of early spring madness amongst keepers at the moment (with the exception of Pickford who is carrying on as normal) and hopefully it's out of his system.

Just hoping the curse hits Oblak on Wednesday.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #940 on: March 6, 2020, 07:58:31 pm »
Absolutely full confidence in him. Another opportunity for him to strut his stuff.

I find him more steady than Mignolet and the later years Dudek. And of course Karius which goes without saying.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #941 on: March 7, 2020, 06:21:44 am »
Go on Adrian, make us continue believing.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #942 on: March 7, 2020, 12:24:01 pm »
A good day for a clean sheet. Keep the concentration level on high alert.

Online gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #943 on: March 7, 2020, 02:39:08 pm »
I’m sorry but I’m not convinced with his technique of using his fists instead of his palms
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #944 on: March 7, 2020, 02:41:47 pm »
I’m sorry but I’m not convinced with his technique of using his fists instead of his palms

Did the job today though 🤷‍♂️
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Online gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #945 on: March 7, 2020, 02:43:05 pm »
Did the job today though 🤷‍♂️

Never said it didn’t. Scared the life out of me though.

Is just an opinion
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #946 on: March 7, 2020, 04:39:09 pm »
Commentary on BT was dreadful today. Seemed obsessed with having a pop at Adrian at every opportunity. I thought he was solid.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #947 on: March 7, 2020, 04:41:33 pm »
A good day for a clean sheet. Keep the concentration level on high alert.

Had VAR and the ref not made a mess of it, we would have had a clean sheet. Pleased for him, did his job.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #948 on: March 7, 2020, 04:52:07 pm »
Thing I love about Adrian is he has faith in his ability and doesn’t wilt if he makes a mistake. Really couldn’t dream of having better backup for Ali
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #949 on: March 7, 2020, 04:54:06 pm »
Commentary on BT was dreadful today. Seemed obsessed with having a pop at Adrian at every opportunity. I thought he was solid.
He had the yips today.

Gomez and VVD were both shouting at him for being too deep and not coming out to sweep up.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Let them hate me, as long as they respect me"
« Reply #950 on: March 7, 2020, 05:29:27 pm »
Had VAR and the ref not made a mess of it, we would have had a clean sheet. Pleased for him, did his job.

There was nothing wrong with their goal. If we'd scored that goal and it had been disallowed, I'd be raging.
In a free state there should be freedom of speech and thought.
 Tiberius Caesar Augustus,
Roman Emperor & General (42 BC - 37 AD)

Offline KissThisGuy

• OnlyThroughAFaceMaskThough
  • Legacy Fan
  • It was raining, I went outside, I got wet.
« Reply #951 on: March 7, 2020, 05:36:40 pm »
There was nothing wrong with their goal. If we'd scored that goal and it had been disallowed, I'd be raging.
You'd be wrong to be raging.

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #952 on: March 7, 2020, 05:39:29 pm »

There was something wrong with their goal. Gomes was clearly fouled. That's a free kick to us. Not a goal to them. Just about every commentator has said so, including independent ones.

I would be fine with us having a goal like that chalked off. We've had plenty of goals disallowed by VAR and I've not had a problem with any of them.
You try me once you beg for more.

Online 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #953 on: March 7, 2020, 05:40:38 pm »
He had the yips today.

Gomez and VVD were both shouting at him for being too deep and not coming out to sweep up.
I thought he swept up very well to be honest. His handling isn't as good as Ali's but you could say the same for every other keeper.

Offline Illmatic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #954 on: March 7, 2020, 05:45:31 pm »

Come on it was clear foul. I'd expect it to be chalked off I would only rage because of the lack of consistency Refs don't and VAR don't seem to be giving us much at moment. Makes mockery of the whole LiVARpool narrative.   
Nas is like the Afrocentric Asian, half-man, half-amazin

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #955 on: March 7, 2020, 05:52:20 pm »

Fucking dreadful they were, constantly trying to find a narrative an desperate for Bournemouth to score then having a pop at Adrián an how he’s gonna be so under pressure because his performances. All because of one error when he’s been great for us so far.

Apart from the punch today that got me worried, (but actually turned out well!) thought he was great again. No one on the planet can replace Alisson but he’s an amazing second keeper to step in an has shown that in the first games of this season too. How many other keepers in the whole league have been error free this season, can’t actually think of many at all that would be considered more solid. Hopefully he’ll carry it on for mid-week.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #956 on: March 7, 2020, 05:58:00 pm »
No keeper makes picture perfect saves every game. As long as he keeps it out of the net he’s done his job. The punch should have set up a great chance. It’s nice that we’re moaning about the best back up keeper in the league looking slightly wobbly as we go 25 points clear rather than Xabi Alonso’s shite replacement being injured again or Stewart Downing not getting a goal or assist in months
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #957 on: March 7, 2020, 06:01:41 pm »
He's the Dejan Lovren of goalies.

Inspires zero confidence but can be solid on his day.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline KissThisGuy

• OnlyThroughAFaceMaskThough
  • Legacy Fan
  • It was raining, I went outside, I got wet.
« Reply #958 on: March 7, 2020, 06:05:32 pm »
No keeper makes picture perfect saves every game. As long as he keeps it out of the net he’s done his job. The punch should have set up a great chance. It’s nice that we’re moaning about the best back up keeper in the league looking slightly wobbly as we go 25 points clear rather than Xabi Alonso’s shite replacement being injured again or Stewart Downing not getting a goal or assist in months
I didn't mind the punch that led to a counter. The moment before is more of a concern, where he parried the ball resulting in a corner. I'm probably just spoiled watching Allison catching ferocious shots like they are nothing, apart from that I thought Adrian did well, swept well on a few occasions.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #959 on: March 7, 2020, 06:09:25 pm »
I didn't mind the punch that led to a counter. The moment before is more of a concern, where he parried the ball resulting in a corner. I'm probably just spoiled watching Allison catching ferocious shots like they are nothing, apart from that I thought Adrian did well, swept well on a few occasions.

Alisson does plenty of that too though
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.