Author Topic: Alcohol Issues - The Carl van Riel Memorial Thread  (Read 1016340 times)

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
Re: Alcohol Issues
« Reply #320 on: November 27, 2009, 12:11:11 am »
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline gerrardspetal

• Rabid psycho nut harvester with no idea - but she did have some points
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • miaaaaaaaaaaow
« Reply #321 on: November 27, 2009, 12:12:38 am »
“You could say it’s not about being local, but about being vocal.
Kristian is a idiot.  A bad idiot.  Also a virgin.

@gerrardspetal - twitter

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #322 on: November 27, 2009, 12:13:39 am »
Yeah,but your obviously doing other stuff,im guessing ?

I wank profusely.

Only joking.

Yeah, I do stuff. I need to do more.

That's the thing with debauchery, it makes life so simple. Get money - get fucked up. If you do it well enough you never have to stop and think.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #323 on: November 27, 2009, 12:32:51 am »
I wank profusely.

Only joking.

Yeah, I do stuff. I need to do more.

That's the thing with debauchery, it makes life so simple. Get money - get fucked up. If you do it well enough you never have to stop and think.

this man has a good point
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline 250505

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #324 on: November 29, 2009, 09:40:41 am »
Unbelievable what happened last night, couldnt fucking walk/talk.

Dont remember any part of the night though, and now feel like shit.

P.S I am a newbie

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: November 29, 2009, 09:44:34 am »

P.S I am a newbie

Does your bumhole hurt?
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #326 on: November 29, 2009, 10:30:14 am »

P.S I am a newbie

Did you moan with pleasure when taking a dump this morning ?
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Rusty

• loser mate whose french is a little.....Rusty.....n'est-ce pas?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: November 30, 2009, 04:54:21 am »
Hey Harvest and ACHP, how did you both go over the weekend?

He's made Kaizer wet himself with excitement then cry when he realises all in one post. Ban him? Knight him in the new year's honours!

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #328 on: November 30, 2009, 09:20:37 am »
well, my internet is down for a while now till i can pay the bill lol but i had 4 pints watching the game and that was it. i been well ill lately so i not fely like drinking. Morphine tablets person that I find irritating me out too much to get pissed lol. as i said before, you cut down and feel worse for it lol.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline And Could He Play

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: November 30, 2009, 12:41:02 pm »
Hey Harvest and ACHP, how did you both go over the weekend?

went out on friday, havent had a drink since.
www. ... .com      RAWK Clique Leader
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

Offline Seebab

• hit that post. We winced.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: November 30, 2009, 01:04:16 pm »
What happened to CF999? haha
Some folks are born into a good life
Other folks get it anyway anyhow

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: November 30, 2009, 01:18:36 pm »
Its a long time since I was as pissed as I was last night.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #332 on: November 30, 2009, 01:22:21 pm »
well, my internet is down for a while now till i can pay the bill lol but i had 4 pints watching the game and that was it. i been well ill lately so i not fely like drinking. Morphine tablets person that I find irritating me out too much to get pissed lol. as i said before, you cut down and feel worse for it lol.

4 pints is good considering what you're used to drinking, sounds like you're cutting down well?

Offline Rusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: December 2, 2009, 04:08:58 am »
went out on friday, havent had a drink since.

Sounds like good progress - have you had your daughter in the nights since Friday?

EDIT: ps I don't mean to be nosey, just trying to keep up the moral support!
« Last Edit: December 2, 2009, 04:12:54 am by Rusty »
He's made Kaizer wet himself with excitement then cry when he realises all in one post. Ban him? Knight him in the new year's honours!

Offline Rusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: December 2, 2009, 04:15:25 am »

From the sounds of it you've given your body a lot to deal with over the last few years - its only natural that it will give you some shit back now that you've cut down the grog!! But in the long run there's no doubt at all that you will definitely feel better and healthier if you can keep cutting the booze down.

Stick with it fella, there's light at the end of the tunnel, and people to help you get there.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #335 on: December 2, 2009, 08:52:16 am »
I did that.

I went to SE Asia and got twice as pissed for half as much.

Im there now. In Laos. Half litre bottle of Beerlaos for about 30p. In Vietnam they had draught beer for 14p.

God bless you SE Asia.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #336 on: December 2, 2009, 03:23:05 pm »
Its now exactly one month since I poured all the alcohol down the sink and have not had a drop since. This was very hard last weekend as I was surrounded by drink at my in laws over Thanksgiving. In perspective, I'm 40 years old had drunk some alchohol just about every single day since I was 16 and quite large amounts at times.

It can be done.

Edit. I will add to that, its easier now I have a wife I love and a seven month old. I dont think there is any way I could have given up booze in my 20's. I was too stupid, too immmature and enjoyed it too much. The lows did not seem as low as the high of the highs. If anyone can totally give up booze in their 20's and low 30's, they have my utmost respect.
« Last Edit: December 2, 2009, 04:18:06 pm by AndyInVA »

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #337 on: December 2, 2009, 04:19:13 pm »
Its now exactly one month since I poured all the alcohol down the sink and have not had a drop since. This was very hard last weekend as I was surrounded by drink at my in laws over Thanksgiving. In perspective, I'm 40 years old had drunk some alchohol just about every single day since I was 16 and quite large amounts at times.

It can be done.

Edit. I will add to that, its easier now I have a wife I love and a seven month old. I dont think there is any way I could have given up booze in my 20's. I was too stupid, too immmature and enjoyed it too much. The lows did not seem as low as the high of the highs. If anyone can totally give up booze in their 20's and low 30's, they have my utmost respect.

No matter, good job all the same.

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #338 on: December 3, 2009, 09:31:14 am »

It can be done.

I stopped when I was 19. I had been working in pubs and clubs since I was 13 and drinking pretty much every night. When I started working for my in-laws at their wine bar/squash club the drinking got worse. In the end it was more of a habit rather than just having a drink to enjoy myself and I just stopped. The missus did as well and pretty much we haven't drunk for 20 years.
It wasn't easy but it wasn't difficult either. The hardest part this past 20 years has been explaining to people that we don't drink. Many people find it incredibly difficult to comprehend that neither of us drink and do their level best to try and force a drink on us. Not drinking at all is almost as much a stigma as drinking too much.

Keep up the good work.
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline Rusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: December 9, 2009, 06:59:50 am »

It can be done.

Great effort mate - I echo your thoughts about giving up in the 20s/30s - I'm 29 and still do really enjoy several types of booze - but the number of nights where I go out and get absolutely bladdered on a boys night out have certainly decreased over the last few years.

Good to hear that you've got specific motivation through your daughter, that should help you stick off the grog.

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: December 9, 2009, 01:50:52 pm »
Sounds like good progress - have you had your daughter in the nights since Friday?

EDIT: ps I don't mean to be nosey, just trying to keep up the moral support!

yeah, she went back to her mother yesterday.
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #341 on: December 9, 2009, 02:17:30 pm »
Great effort mate - I echo your thoughts about giving up in the 20s/30s - I'm 29 and still do really enjoy several types of booze - but the number of nights where I go out and get absolutely bladdered on a boys night out have certainly decreased over the last few years.

Good to hear that you've got specific motivation through your daughter, that should help you stick off the grog.

In my 20s I didnt have much I cared about. I had a decent job I managed to hold down with no problems and a marriage that was not all that great.

This really allowed drinking to get out of control. Wehn I was single, drinking was always associated with fun and almost no consequences.

As I got older, it became associated with fun less and less and more associated with dealing with the stress of work and to numb the miserable marriage.

Then when I did screw up and do something stupid drink was always associated.

So it went from being fun to being a liability. I realzied I couldnt control it anymore when I met someone new and realized I had something to live for. Its all my own fault. I just abused alcohol way too much.

I echo someone elses point. Alcohol is apwerful drug if you abuse it.

Offline Rusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: December 10, 2009, 04:42:19 am »
yeah, she went back to her mother yesterday.

Good luck with the next few days you don't have her then mate. :wave

Offline Rusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: December 10, 2009, 06:04:15 am »
In my 20s I didnt have much I cared about. I had a decent job I managed to hold down with no problems and a marriage that was not all that great.

This really allowed drinking to get out of control. Wehn I was single, drinking was always associated with fun and almost no consequences.

As I got older, it became associated with fun less and less and more associated with dealing with the stress of work and to numb the miserable marriage.

Then when I did screw up and do something stupid drink was always associated.

So it went from being fun to being a liability. I realzied I couldnt control it anymore when I met someone new and realized I had something to live for. Its all my own fault. I just abused alcohol way too much.

I echo someone elses point. Alcohol is apwerful drug if you abuse it.

I think that sums it up quite a lot - having something you really care about (family, kids, job etc) can really put it into focus.

I had the same thing with smoking (and would imagine I will have it with booze at some point) - when I got together with my current girl I realised that smoking was actually ridiculous and something I would definitely be better off without.

Once I made that decision, quitting was an absolute breeze and it allowed me to concentrate on enjoying other things in life.

Hope you keep going well with it mate!

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: December 10, 2009, 10:56:31 pm »
bevvied now, first time in a week, so its an improvement.

Offline Rusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: December 11, 2009, 12:03:28 am »

IMHO proving to yourself that you can do a week without getting smashed is a good starting point - the key thing is to put it in context and not think "ah well I got boozed up once so may as well keep on getting hammered".

After this session, try and plan out the next week so that you'll have things to keep you off the grog - some nights I guess you'll have your daughter, for the other nights maybe plan something (gym, going out to the movies or something). That way it won't seem like such a big deal, its not quite "one day at a time" but more like "one week at a time" ;D

Good luck!

Offline Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #346 on: December 11, 2009, 02:31:10 am »
fucking bollocksed right now, goodnight xx
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #347 on: December 11, 2009, 01:58:33 pm »

I honestly see that as a good thing

going cold turkey is extremely hard

if you can control your alchohol and not have it as a crutch in your life, I think thats great

well done

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: December 12, 2009, 12:52:15 am »
I honestly see that as a good thing

going cold turkey is extremely hard

if you can control your alchohol and not have it as a crutch in your life, I think thats great

well done

on it again tonight, but got the baby for three days from tommorow, so i reckon i've done well.

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #349 on: December 12, 2009, 01:12:41 am »
on it again tonight, but got the baby for three days from tommorow, so i reckon i've done well.

well done mate

I did that for a while, I would get blasted when the wife went down to her mums for the day every other Sunday

couldn't even control that though in the end as I would be absolutely passed out on the sofa whe she got home half the time

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: December 12, 2009, 01:14:43 am »
i'm down to two days a week now, although some might not agree, i think its a massive improvement. i'm rotten drunk now but i am trying. hard work.

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #351 on: December 12, 2009, 01:16:22 am »
i'm down to two days a week now, although some might not agree, i think its a massive improvement. i'm rotten drunk now but i am trying. hard work.

the only people that don't think its an improvement are those that dont understand addiction

addiction is pretty hard to get out of

just go to bed mate

new day tomorrow

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: December 12, 2009, 01:25:07 am »
cheers mate, taking the baby the grotto tomorrow, i'll be sober  for at least three days. xmas is gonna be a challenge but ill get through it

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #353 on: December 12, 2009, 01:25:45 pm »
cheers mate, taking the baby the grotto tomorrow, i'll be sober  for at least three days. xmas is gonna be a challenge but ill get through it

Could you try and work something out where you have your little girl every evening for a couple of weeks which would give you that few weeks without drinking? I know that is asking a hell of a lot but it could make a big difference...
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline Rusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: December 13, 2009, 04:53:30 am »

Ignore anyone who says its not an improvement - it most definitely is. Personally I think it is a lot more manageably to break it down into a series of smaller steps - cut down first and then gradually you can lower your booze consumption.

I think trying to cut it out completely in one go is a much bigger psychological barrier to break through.

Either way mate it will be hard, but the key thing  as you said is that you are trying and you keep at it - and there's always advice on hand in this thread.

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #355 on: December 13, 2009, 10:33:02 am »
Got to agree, i drink a hell of a lot but not enough for me to want a drink all the time, i also find it very very easy to quit for a month at a time when i think i need to. Usually try and do a month off after xmas (fucked this year as off to Cologne in a month) and as much of the summer as possible.

For ou to be able to go for days without touching any is quite impressive when normally you'd just crack open a bottle or can.
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline Rusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: December 16, 2009, 03:10:43 am »

Hey mate just to say if you give your little one back today, good luck staying off the grog.

Good luck Harvest Fields as well, hope the added stress of the run-up to Xmas isn't causing you too much grief.

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: December 17, 2009, 12:50:15 pm »
Hey mate just to say if you give your little one back today, good luck staying off the grog.

Good luck Harvest Fields as well, hope the added stress of the run-up to Xmas isn't causing you too much grief.

Cheers for the support, actually been good this week (the baby went back to her mars on monday). having a DRINK tonight though, arranged night out. not leaving any drinks in the house for when i get home.

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: December 18, 2009, 12:13:32 am »
Right , been out for a drink, found a couple of cans in the house ahhhhhhh. Seriously though i'm really cutting down. Am i kidding myself?  fuck knows.

Offline Rusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: December 18, 2009, 12:37:39 am »
Right , been out for a drink, found a couple of cans in the house ahhhhhhh. Seriously though i'm really cutting down. Am i kidding myself?  fuck knows.

OK if you want to know if you have made a difference to your drinking habits then ask yourself this question:

How much did you drink on average per week a year ago, compared to how much you have drunk per week in the last month?