Author Topic: McNasty's, Burger King, KFC or Subway???  (Read 8382 times)

Offline tomred

• yraelo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: McNasty's, Burger King, KFC or Subway???
« Reply #120 on: July 29, 2006, 02:52:05 am »
Hardly in the same league as McNasty's and Burger King, though, in terms of complete evilness of the food. There might be some comparable menu items, but on an overall level I wouldn't personally classify it as being as bad.

Offline Spanish Armada

• Kopite
« Reply #121 on: July 29, 2006, 02:55:53 am »

Stop Eating Food In These Fucking Places.. Please! Your children will gladly piss on our graves.

The opoids will save our graves. Instead they shall thank us, whilst placing flowers down with their chubby little hands.
6 minutes and 47 seconds of "total football"...

Offline zigackly

• ...is Cassius Clay
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You're ferpectly right.
« Reply #122 on: July 29, 2006, 02:59:27 am »
Stop Eating Food In These Fucking Places.. Please! Your children will gladly piss on our graves.

They won't be able to, they'll be underwater or hiding out in caves so they don't get skin cancer :wave
A liar will not be believed, even when he speaks the truth.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: July 29, 2006, 03:11:56 am »
The opoids will save our graves. Instead they shall thank us, whilst placing flowers down with their chubby little hands.

well i had sought the acumen of various local businessmen, solictors, restauranteurs, critics, farmers etc with an idea of a local 'Diana' chain but it just didn't make the next step.. you know what I mean?

This is bollox by the way. If you don't mind "local cheap shit food", it's not the food you have a problem with.

Christ.. I could be with you for weeks. Some half baked crappy local eat-in.. 'fine', as Chris Morris would say.. some massive multi global industry with an annual turnover that can double that of some countries while it sucks the life out of south america and pumps shit into people's veins and promises ideals of health and fitness with young people thanks to sponsoring sport.... blah.. I mean what the fucking hell planet are you living on man!?

Offline tomred

• yraelo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: July 29, 2006, 03:13:02 am »
There's two arguments going on here.

One is about being sold unhealthy food etc.

The other is about multinational food retailers' global expansion and calculated use of advertising.

Generally they go hand-in-hand, i.e the multinational franchises are selling us death, but not always.

One example that came to mind is why Starbucks (who I hate with a passion) is so successful in Japan. The reason is before they came you couldn't sit down for a coffee in Japan without the room being full of smokers. The local coffee shops eventually started having to make their environments more healthy.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: July 29, 2006, 03:17:16 am »
One example that came to mind is why Starbucks (who I hate with a passion) is so successful in Japan. The reason is before they came you couldn't sit down for a coffee in Japan without the room being full of smokers. The local coffee shops eventually started having to make their environments more healthy.

so what you're saying is that you've never heard of irony?

Offline tomred

• yraelo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: July 29, 2006, 03:22:05 am »
Nah, what I'm saying is I won't eat shit food whether it's from the local shit food place or the multinational.

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: July 29, 2006, 03:26:18 am »
Nah, what I'm saying is I won't eat shit food whether it's from the local shit food place or the multinational.

bloody hippie purist  :wanker

.. am off to bed ;)

Offline tomred

• yraelo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: July 29, 2006, 03:38:59 am »
Was with you all the way when you were being Stalin.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: November 23, 2018, 05:46:42 pm »
:lmao

A man who jumped on a McDonald’s counter with his trousers down, and ‘helicoptered’ his penis while ‘heavily fuelled by alcohol’ has appeared at Edinburgh Sheriff Court.

The court head that 29-year-old Ryan Dolan from Musselburgh entered the South St Andrew’s Street branch of the fast-food chain at 5am on 22 July this year. He then preceded to pretend to serve customers before pulling his trousers down and doing the helicopter.

Nicole Lavelle, fiscal depute, told the court: “Out of the blue he took his trousers and pants off, showing his penis and testicles and thereafter was dancing with his trousers down”.

After he did his dance, he pulled up his trousers and then jumped down on the staff side of the counter, reports the Edinburgh Evening News.

Dolan was then asked to leave by staff, but he instead got his genitals out again.

Lavelle added: “He grabbed his penis and started to play with it pretending to serve customers and started dancing again, carrying out helicopter-like moves with his penis”.

After a ‘few minutes’, he pulled his trousers back up and left. Lavelle described Dolan’s behaviour as ‘boisterous acts, heavily fuelled by alcohol’.

Dolan was arrested after police saw the CCTV footage. He then pleaded guilty to ‘committing acts of public indecency’.

The court heard that Dolan had ‘very little recollection’ of the incident. Hey, we’ve all been there. However, Sheriff McCormark noted that he had two previous convictions for ‘similar offences’.

He said that he would have fined Donlan Ł750, but took into account his guilty plea and reduced the amount to Ł500, which he will pay back at the rate of Ł100 a month.

https://www.joyscribe.com/man-jumps-on-counter-and-helicopters-penis-in-McNasty's/?fbclid=IwAR3YrL_spxHGb_ipNsNVhZ0vKRpWEEw34PAK4bV1FLZFUtNC3gCb4hsYRik
Jurgen YNWA

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #130 on: November 23, 2018, 05:49:23 pm »
I wouldn’t have gone near the special sauce that night.
AHA!

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #131 on: November 23, 2018, 08:32:03 pm »
I really want a chocolate chip cookie from Subway now  :butt

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #132 on: November 23, 2018, 08:36:53 pm »

After reading that story?

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #133 on: November 23, 2018, 08:45:48 pm »

"Who wants a whopper?"
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: November 23, 2018, 08:51:45 pm »

Dont buy a ring doughnut
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #135 on: November 23, 2018, 08:57:36 pm »
Dont buy a ring doughnut
Especially if it's been glazed.
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Online MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: November 23, 2018, 09:01:33 pm »
Thankfully I work in a part of London that has a high street pleasingly free of chain takeaways so it’s been a while since I have has any.

I used to work near a branch of Subway, every now and then, I would treat myself to tuna on wheat with jalapeńos  and ranch dressing. Lovely stuff.
Justice for the 96!

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: November 23, 2018, 09:59:11 pm »
KFC's new chunky chips are shit.

Offline my usenme changed?

• Self-appointed moderator for comic topics
  • Kopite
  • RAWK Librarian
« Reply #138 on: December 2, 2018, 08:55:50 pm »
KFC's new chunky chips are shit.

Had them for the first time yesterday, they get a bit soggy, they're like the chips you get from chinese takeaways here in northern ireland.
Mid-Ulster Kopite  ---  BELIEVER

77 * 78 * 81 * 84 * 05 * 19
Follow me on Twitter for stuff about LFC and, er, Libraries. www.twitter.com/@cahalboyd

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: December 3, 2018, 10:36:38 pm »
I’m terrible for takeaways. Thankfully I live in a place where they aren’t as easily a credible for me now. But I used to eat McDonald’s for a hangover quite frequently. Burger King is just shit. Or at least it is here although you can buy a beer which is good! Subway I’ll have a chicken tariyake. As for kfc I love the stuff and ones just opened about fifteen minutes away .... not sure the gravy will be the same tho so not too arsed by it.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: December 3, 2018, 11:15:40 pm »
If you want to eat pretty healthy, I suggest the Southwest Grilled Chicken Salad at McDonald's, or the Apple Pecan (Grilled) Chicken Salad at Wendy's. If you have those available. The Wendy's one is especially good. I've been trying to trim my waistline lately and those have come in handy.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: December 3, 2018, 11:27:19 pm »
I only eat real food thank you very much not any of this stinking concoction of chemicals and processed slop, most of which I would guess is unfit for human consumption

I would never, ever set foot inside any one of them.     :P

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #142 on: December 3, 2018, 11:46:23 pm »
I only eat real food thank you very much not any of this stinking concoction of chemicals and processed slop, most of which I would guess is unfit for human consumption

I would never, ever set foot inside any one of them.     :P

Probably not the thread for you then Paul. I wish it had been signposted more clearly for you.

Now if you’ll excuse me I have a family bucket to destroy (not a euphemism).

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #143 on: December 4, 2018, 12:59:04 am »
KFC always.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: December 4, 2018, 07:32:27 am »
If you want to eat pretty healthy, I suggest the Southwest Grilled Chicken Salad at McDonald's, or the Apple Pecan (Grilled) Chicken Salad at Wendy's. If you have those available. The Wendy's one is especially good. I've been trying to trim my waistline lately and those have come in handy.

We don't have Wendys over here, just KFC, McNasty's and Burger King.  I'd never put McNasty's and healthy in the same sentence though.

Used to eat a lot of KFC until about 2005, hence me being a fat fuck back then. Only one I eat these days is Burger King at the airport when flying home from holiday - its a tradition of the wifes.
The kids go once in a blue moon, the eldest likes KFC, the youngest prefers Maccies chicken nuggets - I've made sure they stayed out of those places, it's not something I really want them to eat. We have a good choice of restaurants by us, Greek, Turkish, Italian, Indian, Chinese, a Gourmet Burger place and the pub does great food, so I'd rather we went out once or twice a month or so for that,rather than shovel fast food shite down their throats.
Jurgen YNWA

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: December 4, 2018, 08:00:14 am »
Probably not the thread for you then Paul. I wish it had been signposted more clearly for you.

Now if you’ll excuse me I have a family bucket to destroy (not a euphemism).
I hope you washed it down with 2 pints of Diet Pepsi dear Nicholas     :)

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #146 on: December 4, 2018, 08:06:07 am »
I hope you washed it down with 2 pints of Diet Pepsi dear Nicholas     :)

2 litres!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: December 4, 2018, 08:16:53 am »
2 litres!
I'm in the Kingdom of Northumbria, not France.

Ohh, and i'll have a pound of banana's.  Cheers     :)

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #148 on: December 4, 2018, 08:27:09 am »
I'm in the Kingdom of Northumbria, not France.

Ohh, and i'll have a pound of banana's.  Cheers     :)

Do you use apostrophes differently in the Kingdom of Northumbria?

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #149 on: December 4, 2018, 09:07:55 am »
KFC and they have recently changed their fries, they are much nicer now.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: December 4, 2018, 09:16:23 am »
Why do all these types  of places all do fries and not chips. Chips are so much better.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: December 4, 2018, 09:28:30 am »
Why do all these types  of places all do fries and not chips. Chips are so much better.

Americans started serving them with burgers after WW1. It might be to do with the fact that they are easy to eat with the fingers.

Americans don't know what chips are.In Orlando last year at SeaWorld, my lad saw hotdog and chips on the menu, so we got him that. He got fucking crisps!!!!
« Last Edit: December 4, 2018, 09:33:45 am by rob1966 »
Jurgen YNWA

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: December 4, 2018, 09:31:59 am »
Americans and their simple version of the English language.

In Orlando last year at SeaWorld, my lad saw hotdog and chips on the menu, so we got him that. He got fucking crisps!!!!

We give them a language and they fuck around with it  ???

But surely in UK people prefer chips right?  Most of these McDs  KFC etc change the menu according to the country. In SE Asia you get rice for example.

Would the British public not prefer proper chips to fries?
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: December 4, 2018, 09:36:29 am »
We give them a language and they fuck around with it  ???

But surely in UK people prefer chips right?  Most of these McDs  KFC etc change the menu according to the country. In SE Asia you get rice for example.

Would the British public not prefer proper chips to fries?

I've edited my post a bit, but yeah they have fucked about with our language a lot.

When we go to the local pub or proper burger place, the option is always chips, they both do amazing chunky chips, fries are a no no. I suppose they try to keep the menu the same as they are able to worldwide - the original idea is you can go into and McNasty's, KFC etc and get what you would get in the USA - just smaller portions ;D
Jurgen YNWA

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: December 4, 2018, 09:39:25 am »
I've edited my post a bit, but yeah they have fucked about with our language a lot.

When we go to the local pub or proper burger place, the option is always chips, they both do amazing chunky chips, fries are a no no. I suppose they try to keep the menu the same as they are able to worldwide - the original idea is you can go into and McNasty's, KFC etc and get what you would get in the USA - just smaller portions ;D

Mate you go to SE Asia and you can have rice based dishes, so they do cater for regional tastes.

I want fucking chips

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: December 4, 2018, 09:43:33 am »
Americans started serving them with burgers after WW1. It might be to do with the fact that they are easy to eat with the fingers.

And chips aren't?!

I like all of them actually but probably a Maccies - anyone tried the new Chicken Big Tasty? Its great.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: December 4, 2018, 09:50:46 am »

Mate you go to SE Asia and you can have rice based dishes, so they do cater for regional tastes.

I want fucking chips

It was only in the mid 90's that McNasty's started to start to offer regional food. They started out in the US obviously, moved into Canada and opened the first place in London in 1974 - so it was all Western tastes. They've been serving fries in the UK for 44 years, so it is time for a change. Chunky chips would be a better option that fries and with KFC doing them, the others will follow suit.

If I want chips, I'll go to the chippy anyway, can't beat them.

And chips aren't?!

I like all of them actually but probably a Maccies - anyone tried the new Chicken Big Tasty? Its great.

They are, but the idea is to eat the food quick and fries disappear faster than chips. Also think of how many fries you can get into the small bag compared to chips, so you are using less spuds.
« Last Edit: December 4, 2018, 09:53:31 am by rob1966 »
Jurgen YNWA

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: December 4, 2018, 10:14:43 am »
They are, but the idea is to eat the food quick and fries disappear faster than chips. Also think of how many fries you can get into the small bag compared to chips, so you are using less spuds.

I suppose - christ I want a Chicken Big Tasty and chippy chips now ;D

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: December 4, 2018, 10:22:34 am »

They probably cook quicker.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online RedDeadRejection

• Kopite
Maccies burgers
« Reply #159 on: March 30, 2024, 05:14:50 pm »
Thought they tasted different. Turns out they've changed the recipe for the first time in 50 years and they're...

Pretty nice actually.