Author Topic: Shanklyboy's and Fat Scousers ( Leo who's still alive ) auld arse thread  (Read 4012130 times)

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
Re: Shanklyboy's auld arse thread - Over 1000 Pages of Wisdom For Young Uns!
« Reply #40360 on: September 9, 2015, 04:17:21 pm »
I knew I'd heard it, but I couldn't remember where. As for lyrics... that skat shit is woeful. That Cleo Lane malarkey, boo boo badadadday boo, done my nut in.
Totally agree - even worse than the obligatory half-our long double bass solo.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline kopite.keith

• Offical OAP
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40361 on: September 9, 2015, 06:57:58 pm »
Good to hear things are on the mend FS, especially knowing you're gonna get the best treatment possible. What's next? Salsa dancing... :)
When in Rome...

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40362 on: September 9, 2015, 07:05:34 pm »
Good to hear things are on the mend FS, especially knowing you're gonna get the best treatment possible. What's next? Salsa dancing... :)
Nah, too jazzy.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline kopite.keith

• Offical OAP
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40363 on: September 9, 2015, 07:48:04 pm »
Nah, too jazzy.

Have to be some Northern Soul back flips then...
When in Rome...

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40364 on: September 9, 2015, 07:58:32 pm »
Have to be some Northern Soul back flips then...
I reckon that's right up his street.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline pooley

• No...! They're not baby wipes!
  • Kopite
« Reply #40365 on: September 9, 2015, 10:22:27 pm »
Great news Fats, hope things go well for you mate. As for Jazz, I love the stuff Gary Potter does, all that Django Gypsy Jazz is amazing, As for the rest I always get bored after about 15 minutes. Just watched a program from this morning on BBC i player called Blitz Cities, featuring Ricky Thommo. It was fantastic but keep the Kleenex handy, It would bring a tear to a glass eye.
I wish I could still climb up the drain-pipe that used to be at the back of the toilet that was outside the kop.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40366 on: September 10, 2015, 12:00:20 am »
Great news Fats, hope things go well for you mate. As for Jazz, I love the stuff Gary Potter does, all that Django Gypsy Jazz is amazing, As for the rest I always get bored after about 15 minutes. Just watched a program from this morning on BBC i player called Blitz Cities, featuring Ricky Thommo. It was fantastic but keep the Kleenex handy, It would bring a tear to a glass eye.
Gary is a one off talent - truly a prodigy from an early age. Always at his best in the Atlantic with John Cordwell backing him on rhythm guitar, and a top bloke too. You could literally have put him on stage with Oscar Peterson, no problem.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40367 on: September 10, 2015, 12:51:28 pm »
Totally agree - even worse than the obligatory half-our long double bass solo.
Tryng to be smart arse, I've just got scabby eyes trying to find Danny Thompson battering the stand up on his todd. But here's all I could come up with...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNPl5bI4wq0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4mLuuCTKRA

And I know they can play a bit, Django and them jazz fellas, but most of them sound like this to me...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtvGR8UX1L0

And thanks for all the good wishes. But it'll probably be the Can-Can. And I was going to put up a bit of lip up fatty, but I could only fing Top of the Pops ones. And there's no videos from them days that doesn't have some pervert introducing them. Shame Fatty didn't Can Can on them.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40368 on: September 10, 2015, 03:12:57 pm »
Look, I don't really think any of you lot on here have got any real idea of just how shit jazz actually can be, but to give you all an idea, jump straight to about 6 minutes on this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieu2viZ4B-8
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40369 on: September 10, 2015, 04:22:00 pm »
Look, I don't really think any of you lot on here have got any real idea of just how shit jazz actually can be, but to give you all an idea, jump straight to about 6 minutes on this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieu2viZ4B-8
Watched the lot, enjoyed the introduction, funny, looked like a good night out. Then the music started... woosh. Right over my bonce.

But a mate of mine, known him forever, couple of years older than me, loved Jazz, went to Ronnie Scotts a few times. I'd go round to his house back in the 70's, and he'd be sat on the floor, smoking a joint, thinking he was a guru, ear phones on, listening to The Mahavishnu Ochestra or some such palaver. I'd soon fuck that off, and get some Brotherhood of Man on or something good on.

Funny enough though, I always wanted to go into Manhattan and watch this geezer on his clarinet nights...
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=big+noise+from+winnetka+woody+allen

And I'm not going to open the can of worms about him. Be nobody safe left to like from them days.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40370 on: September 10, 2015, 04:24:07 pm »
Old joke...
Woman gets stuck in the bath. Her fella calls the firebrigade and puts a bowler hat over her modesty. Fireman comes out the bathroom says to hubby... Got yer missus out, Lad. But I can't do fuck all for Acker Bilk.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40371 on: September 10, 2015, 04:46:11 pm »
Watched the lot, enjoyed the introduction, funny, looked like a good night out. Then the music started... woosh. Right over my bonce.

Actually I quite liked it up until the Bass player forgot his place in the pecking order - but that's nearly always the case at them places, it usually goes on for about twenty minutes and you can sense the rest of the band thinking about a change of career (even if there was always some twat at the front nodding his head to it), but it does give you a chance to get the ale in.

I could definitely have seen meself sitting there in that audience though, in me black polo neck, medallion, and me sandals - no kecks like (it's called bohemian).
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40372 on: September 10, 2015, 04:50:37 pm »
Old joke...
Woman gets stuck in the bath. Her fella calls the firebrigade and puts a bowler hat over her modesty. Fireman comes out the bathroom says to hubby... Got yer missus out, Lad. But I can't do fuck all for Acker Bilk.
Did yer ever get down to that Ackerbilco place while you were in the states? I loved it when I was there. The scruffy arl part of town was brilliant. The only place abroad though were I ever got really caught out with the wildies. Usually got a cast iron gut me. The street food got me every time though.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40373 on: September 10, 2015, 05:58:32 pm »
Old joke...
I remember Chubby Brown telling that joke about George and Mildred and a Council Plumber. at the time I never got the joke... Untill a few years later when I found out who Acker Bilk was, while watching Antiques Roadshow at my Dads.
I suddenly remembered the gag and burst out laughing, whilst getting some stern disapproving
"Youth of today "kind of looks from my Dad
(who probably thought I was tripping on drugs or something :)  )
 :lmao
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 06:00:17 pm by yorkyrawky »

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40374 on: September 11, 2015, 11:02:21 am »
Ackerbilco? Where's that? Don't tell me I missed out. You're at it aren't yer.

Ackerbilco is that on the beach?
No. It's by the water, Lad.

I never could stand that Chubby Brown. Sorry Yorky mate, but I think he's a prick. Only time I found him funny... some lad I know from Manchester had a pub in the States. I was in there one day, matinee session, only a few of us bunking work, all Brits. He put a Chubby Brown tape on for them. A few Yanks walked in, about 5 of them having afternoon cocktails. They didn't have a clue what Fatty was saying. But I clocked one of them studying him, and her kipper turning blue. The disgust and carrying's on out of her, apoplexy... the funniest thing Chubby Brown ever did. 

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40375 on: September 11, 2015, 11:11:55 am »
Ackerbilco? Where's that? Don't tell me I missed out. You're at it aren't yer.

Ackerbilco is that on the beach?
No. It's by the water, Lad.

I never could stand that Chubby Brown. Sorry Yorky mate, but I think he's a prick. Only time I found him funny... some lad I know from Manchester had a pub in the States. I was in there one day, matinee session, only a few of us bunking work, all Brits. He put a Chubby Brown tape on for them. A few Yanks walked in, about 5 of them having afternoon cocktails. They didn't have a clue what Fatty was saying. But I clocked one of them studying him, and her kipper turning blue. The disgust and carrying's on out of her, apoplexy... the funniest thing Chubby Brown ever did. 
It's in Mexico, I fink.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40376 on: September 11, 2015, 12:26:06 pm »
Ah yeah, I've got you now. But no mate. I only made it TJ as us yanks say. Shithole, couldn't wait to get out of it.

The weirdest gaff I came across was El Paso. They've got a huge fence at the end of the town, with turnstyles in it. Mexicans come over, work, all day and go back home. Well, that was the dance back then. But I'm sure that's changed.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40377 on: September 11, 2015, 01:18:06 pm »
Just waiting to get out, but the talk of Ackerbilco put this fella in my head...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

I know I've put him up before, but he's brilliant. Here's a cracker about life in that there neck of the woods...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieOfuEnToTc

He's Larry McMurty's lad, the fella who writes all them Westerns, Lonsome Dove and all that aul toss. Funny story... his aul fella is a mate of that John Mellencamp. He came round the house and this fella was there, lying on the floor, stoned, watching telly, eating, drinking, and writing in a book.

Mellencamp bollocked him, called him a bum, said when's he going to do something with himself. He threw the book at Mellencamp. It was the songs that made his first album, Levelland....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-D824LHti4

The full LP's a cracker. He's a good lad, an all. Saw him a few times, managed to chat with him, Star Sucker that I am.

Anyway, talking music and travelling where's John Mac? It's like Spot Wolly. He'll turn up now I said that. But I'm hoping for a good weekend for him, well, us all... off to put a double on, Jedi and LFC. Be better than Rome and Istanbull that, well, maybe not. But it'll do for me.

PS: Is that Ian McGlagan from the Faces playing keyboards?

I know he's dead, but I think that's him. Anyway, off to put that double on. I'm due a bit of luck.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 01:29:32 pm by Fat Scouser »

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40378 on: September 11, 2015, 02:40:54 pm »
It is McGlagan. My daughters just got me 3 cd's for my birthday of McMurtry's. Nice one for posting the links that got me into him.

This info is from Wikipedia

In 1987 McMurtry's career entered an upswing. A friend in San Antonio suggested McMurtry enter the Kerrville Folk Festival New Folk songwriter contest; he became one of six winners that year. Also around this time John Mellencamp was starring in a film based on a script by McMurtry's father, which gave McMurtry the opportunity to get a demo tape to Mellencamp. Mellencamp subsequently served as co-producer on McMurtry's 1989 debut album, Too Long in the Wasteland. McMurtry also appeared on the soundtrack of the film Falling from Grace, working with Mellencamp, John Prine, Joe Ely, and Dwight Yoakam in a "supergroup" called Buzzin' Cousins.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40379 on: September 11, 2015, 04:16:35 pm »

I never could stand that Chubby Brown. Sorry Yorky mate, but I think he's a prick. Only time I found him funny... some lad I know from Manchester had a pub in the States. I was in there one day, matinee session, only a few of us bunking work, all Brits. He put a Chubby Brown tape on for them. A few Yanks walked in, about 5 of them having afternoon cocktails. They didn't have a clue what Fatty was saying. But I clocked one of them studying him, and her kipper turning blue. The disgust and carrying's on out of her, apoplexy.. the funniest thing Chubby Brown ever did.
I'm not a big fan, but Chubby Brown and Bernard Manning were of their own time and like you point out its the reaction that often provides the humour. The shock, the embarrassment, the outrage, even the look on someone's face when they laughing :) 

But that gag is timeless It was been told in the Hindenburg Factory about Charlie Chaplin and his wife.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40380 on: September 11, 2015, 06:20:04 pm »
It is McGlagan. My daughters just got me 3 cd's for my birthday of McMurtry's. Nice one for posting the links that got me into him.

This info is from Wikipedia

In 1987 McMurtry's career entered an upswing. A friend in San Antonio suggested McMurtry enter the Kerrville Folk Festival New Folk songwriter contest; he became one of six winners that year. Also around this time John Mellencamp was starring in a film based on a script by McMurtry's father, which gave McMurtry the opportunity to get a demo tape to Mellencamp. Mellencamp subsequently served as co-producer on McMurtry's 1989 debut album, Too Long in the Wasteland. McMurtry also appeared on the soundtrack of the film Falling from Grace, working with Mellencamp, John Prine, Joe Ely, and Dwight Yoakam in a "supergroup" called Buzzin' Cousins.
Nice one. I knew that was McGlagan. Made up I was right, it doesn't happen that often nowadays. But I thought it was you that liked him. I was going to mention it, but, errr,... where's them glasses.

I even got the name of the first album wrong, and I love that record. Bought it the moment I heard it on local radio in America. And I caught him in a gaff called Toads that night, I think. Llooks like that story about Mellencamp is bullshit though. But I do remember hearing it on the radio when he was pushing that first LP.

Oh well, doesn't matter. Glad you like him, mate. I think he's mustard, love the little pictures he paints in the songs. I reckon he's bang on about the poor white South.

I'm not a big fan, but Chubby Brown and Bernard Manning were of their own time and like you point out its the reaction that often provides the humour. The shock, the embarrassment, the outrage, even the look on someone's face when they laughing :) 

But that gag is timeless It was been told in the Hindenburg Factory about Charlie Chaplin and his wife.
Weird eh... I loved Bernard Manning. I still laugh at him now. I'm sure the PC Police would want me shout. But I only have to see the fat bastard, specially in his skiddies, and I'm chuckling. And first time I heard the gag, it was John Wayne. Suppose it works for any c*nt with a hat. Oh-uh, Manning and the C word... Officer!

I had PCness, think it's just moody to keep people seperated. And I'm not a prude. But for some reason, I never did like Chubby Brown. He comes out with some funny ones, but the constant stream of it just becomes boring. Like meself.

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #40381 on: September 11, 2015, 07:36:01 pm »
Pix of you in a t-shirt wet with Guinness or STFU :wave

Dream on Baby.  You Bad Bad Boy.   But cheers or the thought.  An old lady is very happy. Many Mwahs
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40382 on: September 11, 2015, 11:18:02 pm »
Nice one. I knew that was McGlagan. Made up I was right, it doesn't happen that often nowadays. But I thought it was you that liked him. I was going to mention it, but, errr,... where's them glasses.

I even got the name of the first album wrong, and I love that record. Bought it the moment I heard it on local radio in America. And I caught him in a gaff called Toads that night, I think. Llooks like that story about Mellencamp is bullshit though. But I do remember hearing it on the radio when he was pushing that first LP.

Oh well, doesn't matter. Glad you like him, mate. I think he's mustard, love the little pictures he paints in the songs. I reckon he's bang on about the poor white South.

Painting pictures is spot on. Never been in the places he's on about but this sums up his skill  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIwfI3k8kV0

Offline kopite.keith

• Offical OAP
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40383 on: September 12, 2015, 10:11:31 am »
1hour to go, come on Jeremy, give me my vote back. Strange thing but I'd sooner a result to see Corbyn elected and a bloody good shake up than a a win for our lads at their place today.
Let's hope for both... :thumbup
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 12:10:00 pm by kopite.keith »
When in Rome...

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40384 on: September 12, 2015, 11:13:50 am »
We could do with JC up front.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40385 on: September 12, 2015, 12:30:55 pm »
We could do with JC up front.
And his Aul Fella in goal. But we've got Jeremy Corbyn for now, so I'm a wee bit more hopeful. Who knows, me might even sneak a win, despite our leaky defence and all their own goals.

Offline BSBW

• Will take anyone one on to maintain the integrity and traditions of the 70's and 80's Road End
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #40386 on: September 12, 2015, 01:15:15 pm »
Anyone watching the Bitters? The Taffies are doing alright!
G'Day Lid - Official Scouse rep of the OCB Down Under.

Offline BSBW

• Will take anyone one on to maintain the integrity and traditions of the 70's and 80's Road End
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #40387 on: September 12, 2015, 03:48:25 pm »
I've had enough, I am the ultimate grumpy old c*nt! Here's what I've just posted on my local Aussie website:

Right then Ladies and Gents, if you want to act in a manner in what is fundamentally known as the Liverpool (Libpool) Way, it is expected that you must surely have conducted a certain amount of research and gained an acceptable level of understanding into what is funny and what is not from a Scouse perspective. Now then, based on what little I've seen so far since my arrival in Australia (Scouse whinging Pom here) I'm sorry to piss on your chips. What you're about to plan in regards to wigs and muzzies in Brisbane is from a Scouse (not just mine) perspective, completely unacceptable and is what is generically known as Wool behaviour. When I originally aired my disdain to this plan someone replied to me something along the lines of "It's only a laugh Terry", well let me tell you this ladies and gents, for those of us from Libpool, it's not. This is as close to being a wool (bad labelling from a Scouse perspective, it doesn't get much worse) as you'll ever get. I suggest that those who disagree with mine, and the majority of my fellow Scouse compatriots opinion on this matter, try and wear the same gear when (if) you ever visit my home town and club during a match day, call me arl Mr Suspicious, but I don't reckon you'd last too long on your own two feet! I've been fairly quiet since the Mighty Reds visit to Brisbane, however, as a season ticket holder for the past twenty years and regular home and away match goer for the past 42 years, I've heard some shite on my travels, but to come to Brisbane and listen to a so called Reds singing "Sit down for the 96" in the Caxton and now come up with this "Bit of a laugh" takes my breath away. Thank fuck I've got Foxtel (didn't ever thing I'd say that!). YNWA.

Am I over the top?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 04:04:47 pm by BSBW »

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #40388 on: September 12, 2015, 09:39:17 pm »
What's that all about Terry?

Offline BSBW

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #40389 on: September 12, 2015, 10:48:50 pm »
What's that all about Terry?

Fuckin' Queensland Supporters Club who meet up each match in an ale house all chipping in to get wigs and muzzies (calm down, calm down shite). I suppose in the big scheme of things, it's no big thing. However, I know if I was there and it happened I probably wouldn't be able to keep my mouth shut!

Her you go, Scouse night they're calling it:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1051316711546238&set=pcb.392776074264228&type=1&relevant_count=3 with the following comments:

Ok guys. This is going to be a fun night. Prize for the best costume on the night. It's a scouse theme night. Wigs , mustaches ready. Ynwa
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 04:26:28 am by BSBW »

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #40390 on: September 13, 2015, 10:42:28 am »
That's a bit disrespectful

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #40391 on: September 13, 2015, 11:22:20 am »
Well that was a bit shit, eh?

I'll try and improve the mood with me new fave band J. Roddy Walston and The Business.  I have yet to find a tune of theirs I don't like. 

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/llpK2F0KL9k&amp;list=RDllpK2F0KL9k#t=54" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/llpK2F0KL9k&amp;list=RDllpK2F0KL9k#t=54</a>
Kill the humourless

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #40392 on: September 13, 2015, 02:31:36 pm »
Fucking hell Terry.  That's awful.  But whenever I think of you I think of Chelsea Away and you and me in Trafalgar Squre, when you clasped me to your manly chest and I poured a can of Special Brew down your back.  A Magical moment.

Last night at the Proms.  This German fella.  By Christ he could belt out a tune.  Nessan Drma.  Puts me in mind of one night in Scotland.  We were supposed to go to this posh do. So I'm in this scarlet spray on frock. well titted out with stunning up-do hair and Mr May in evening dress.  But its off because the drains are buggered.  So we fetch up in this pub on the side of a loch.  They had a tiny telly but a stage which had a karaoke.  So I force them to operate the gear and switch on the telly.  And its Nessan Dorma.  So I go full throttle.  Now its normally sung by a tenor than a soprano.  So when I hit Top C all the glasses explode, the locals go into shock and all the sheepdogs rush  to hide under the table.  Mr May, used to s Shenanigans, continues to read the West Highland Gazette.

Aye well.  Happy Days.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 02:42:59 pm by Maggie May »

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #40393 on: September 14, 2015, 07:07:06 pm »
Fucking hell Terry.  That's awful.  But whenever I think of you I think of Chelsea Away and you and me in Trafalgar Squre, when you clasped me to your manly chest and I poured a can of Special Brew down your back.  A Magical moment.

Last night at the Proms.  This German fella.  By Christ he could belt out a tune.  Nessan Drma.  Puts me in mind of one night in Scotland.  We were supposed to go to this posh do. So I'm in this scarlet spray on frock. well titted out with stunning up-do hair and Mr May in evening dress.  But its off because the drains are buggered.  So we fetch up in this pub on the side of a loch.  They had a tiny telly but a stage which had a karaoke.  So I force them to operate the gear and switch on the telly.  And its Nessan Dorma.  So I go full throttle.  Now its normally sung by a tenor than a soprano.  So when I hit Top C all the glasses explode, the locals go into shock and all the sheepdogs rush  to hide under the table.  Mr May, used to s Shenanigans, continues to read the West Highland Gazette.

Aye well.  Happy Days.

Would have loved to have been there Mags love.
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline The Flying Pig

• Bill. Not improving with age.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth? Yes. Justice? Not yet. JFT96.
« Reply #40394 on: September 14, 2015, 11:51:30 pm »

Wouldn't we all!
Suddenly I turned around and she was standin' there
With silver bracelets on her wrists and flowers in her hair
She walked up to me so gracefully and took my crown of thorns
"Come in", She said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm."

I might be in!

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #40395 on: September 15, 2015, 12:34:22 am »

Aye well.  Happy Days.

So what's this Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ about, eh?
Kill the humourless

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40396 on: September 15, 2015, 05:10:46 pm »

Wouldn't we all!

You would have loved it.  What stunning of fine figures of men you would have been.  I get dizzy thinkig about it.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 02:27:36 pm by Maggie May »

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #40397 on: September 15, 2015, 05:26:46 pm »
Dream on Baby.  You Bad Bad Boy.   But cheers or the thought.  An old lady is very happy. Many Mwahs
:sad

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40398 on: September 15, 2015, 06:01:15 pm »
So what's this Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ about, eh?

Well.  Its puts me in mind of a lobster occasion when we lived in Jersey    I was awaiting to meet Mr May in a pub after work.  Giggles at the bar when I went for anothr beer and they're only torturing a lobster with a lit ciggie in  its arse.  Well I look exception to this,  and identifind the turtorer and sparked him ouit with a right cross (which was not my Daddy's preferred punch as he preferred my straight left = but still.).   It took out several tables and chairs at the same time and gave me pause to reflect how well my Daddy taught me how to punch equally hard  with both hands.    Golden Days.

Anyway.

This is looking like the aftermath of a John Wayne salloon flight bceause for some reason everyone seem to hate eachother whern I announced that I was taking the lobster home and enquiring if anyone thought other wise and wanted if they wanted some (as the sayiing goes referring to a fucking good hiding not eating it.)  and would care to express an  opinion.  Nope.  Bú they all set upon eachother

So Mr May came into the carnage and wisely did not express an opinion.  So gathing up the lobster we all went home.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 06:17:38 pm by Maggie May »

Offline only6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #40399 on: September 15, 2015, 08:38:07 pm »
Priceless!!!